Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Funny, when it was a Pandarian farm, people were perfectly content with that.
    Pandarian farm let you choose exactly what you wanted out of it, including some of more expensive stuff. "Funny" how you're pretending "not noticing" the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too many souls, too many grateful offerings, not enough anima....you'd think a basic excel sheet could have fixed this?
    Too many offerings? I have like 6 atm lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Rescue souls just to turn them into buildings and their upgrades.

Yeah, we're worse than the Jailer.

I do a lot of pvp and big WQ for Anima so it's easy to gather 2k Anima or so within a day or two.
    Then it goes down, but yeah, 3k weekly is doable without much work.
    More with daily rated BG win (250 Anima).

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    suicide them? how can you suicide your companions? you are healing companions not troops
    Yes, you send them on high level missions to get XP, even if they fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Just ignore all the sanctum upgrades. The only thing nice to have would be the portal.
    I'm not doing 5000 wq to get all the anima required.

The worst is the night fae garden: Go through a portal. Walk walk, Plant a seed. Wait 2 days! Get some stones from mining worth 50 silver.
    Jesus christ. Whoever thought of the garden must have been drunk at Blizzard. Each seed should contain at least 2000g to be worth all the hassle.
    I just dump all the spirit seeds in my bank. Maybe I care about them in a year or so, dunno.
    The problem is that level 1 garden is a complete waste of time, you need the higher levels to get the cosmetics etc.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Leveling up automatically heals a companion to full, so it is more efficient to send companions on a mission that is doomed to fail for the purpose of leveling them up.
    oh got it but at my level they need 5-6 mission or even more, they need 5-6k xp to level up

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Which is really weird as the real casual players become more and more obvious while the countless players who have more anima than others yet claim to be casual persist. Those who are really casual will unsub which are a relative minority.
    Well, I'm not saying they are doing it right, but they have the metrics and we don't.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Pandarian farm let you choose exactly what you wanted out of it, including some of more expensive stuff. "Funny" how you're pretending "not noticing" the difference.
    Funny how you miss that this isn't about the reward type, but the reward size. GnomeEU makes utterly ludicrous demands for something that is next to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Upgrade your Anima Conductor and use it every day, the dailies provided by the Anima Conductor are where you get the Grateful Offerings. The Anima Conductor also provides the best returns on Anima.
    Thank you, I will aim to upgrade the anima conductor every day. Is it possible to eventually do more than 1 anima conduit per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Thank you, I will aim to upgrade the anima conductor every day. Is it possible to eventually do more than 1 anima conduit per day?
    Every 10 days you activate the anima conductor you get to choose one location that gets permanently action bates, so eventually all the locations gets activated constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

The locations are also activated for 24 hours, but the anima conductor can be reused after each daily reset, meaning you can easily have 2 locations activated each day.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see capping on souls as an issue.
    All of my buildings are level 2 and will probably stay that way since all I do is the 1k weekly.
    The way I see it, it will be like 15 weeks until I get enough for the next step of those buildings, so my souls can cap all they want; I'll have more than enough next time I have the anima for another building upgrade.

The best part, though, is that outside of a portal to oribos, the sanctum buildings are completely and wholly irrelevant.
    I don't HAVE to farm hours and hours on top of hours and hours to upgrade them; it doesn't matter because I can still enter the raid and run every dungeon.
    I couldn't give two shits about cosmetic crap, so this is a perfect system for me.
    Let all this useless junk cap and waste for all I care, so long as I am not required to farm WQs ad nauseam.

Oh, and if you say "it only takes 20 minutes to get the weekly 1k anima", you're right. Now multiply that by 15 and that is several hours (5, if the curve was flat, but it's not because that first 30 minutes included the 250 anima elite nodes, whereas every other WQ caps at max 140).
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Every 10 days you activate the anima conductor you get to choose one location that gets permanently action bates, so eventually all the locations gets activated constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

The locations are also activated for 24 hours, but the anima conductor can be reused after each daily reset, meaning you can easily have 2 locations activated each day.
    Which is very nice early on, but at this point it's more annoying than anything, because you'll end up with 3 out of 4(or 5 out of 6) locations permanently unlocked and then you need to log in at the same time each day and remember to activate the last one in order to collect "points" towards the next permanent link.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Which is very nice early on, but at this point it's more annoying than anything, because you'll end up with 3 out of 4(or 5 out of 6) locations permanently unlocked and then you need to log in at the same time each day and remember to activate the last one in order to collect "points" towards the next permanent link.
    It's annoying, but hardly a problem. Of you only have a single location left to reinforce anyways then you will get it every day anyways.
    More importantly is that the reinforcement mechanic is slightly misleading, you don't have to activate it every single day inva row for the bar to fill up, so you will get there eventually.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah it might become a problem at some point, but so far it hasn't. The higher upgrades use a lot of souls, so it might not end up being a problem at all tbh.

Of course there is a theoretical scenario where someone just does the renown quests weekly and doesn't bother with anima farming and in that case - yeah, they will hit the cap and will start wasting souls every week unless they start grinding anima. But do those kind of people even care?

If you invest the minimum effort per week you will end up with 1500-2000 anima weekly. Or 1000 as the bare minimum. Even that should be enough I think

Also, I love how all the replies are completely off topic so far
    I am in the boat of I honestly don't care to farm anima anymore I have the Oribos port unlocked took me 3 weeks to get actively farming F that noise Ill never waste time on that again I doubt Ill even do the 1000 per week with the catchup mechanic on Renown Ill just wait to get a renown drop in a Raid boss or M+ rather then do world quests. I don't do quests after max level so there is that whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    While i agree anima-gain is really low (Sure, it fits the lore, but with sanctum upgrad costs, it’s not much fun), but what’s the big deal if we lose some souls to the soul cap?

The main bottleneck for sanctum stuff is anima, anybody who does the weekly soul-quest for renown (Which is pretty much everybody) will have more than enough souls anyway.
    The anima drought is BS. Go fight half the animals in Bastion and all they do is spit anima at you. The archon should just invest in sponges and afk in Bastion and soak up all the anima needed. As long as they do not post it on youtube, the bots should not take over her spot

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too many souls, too many grateful offerings, not enough anima....you'd think a basic excel sheet could have fixed this?
    i must be unlucky then as i have had 0 offerings since i hit 60

back on topic i guess im lucky. since my main will be finished with vinari by the time i hit the next soulkeeper upgrade on my main i wont be inconvenienced but my alts tho....

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i must be unlucky then as i have had 0 offerings since i hit 60
    Not unlucky, you didn't do the right quests and rares. Offerings exclusively drop off stuff enabled by the Anima Conductor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's annoying, but hardly a problem. Of you only have a single location left to reinforce anyways then you will get it every day anyways.
    More importantly is that the reinforcement mechanic is slightly misleading, you don't have to activate it every single day inva row for the bar to fill up, so you will get there eventually.
    Well, if you're at 3 out of 4, you want the 4th one permanently unlocked in order to buy legendary recipes, so in that case missing a day means it takes a day longer to get that unlock.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You don't heal or wait, you simply send them at the highest lvl elite mission you have even if they have no hp. They will fail yes but they will still get XP and if they get a level they will full heal automatically.

Rinse, repeat.
    Yeah but im usually trying to actually complete the mission

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Much less how often I see 1 35 anima token for several wq at once is ridiculous. It's not even remotely worth the time it takes unless it's a vehicle combat(like the bear in AW) and even then unless there are 4x token wqs in the same zone, it's probably still not worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

You should have access to healers at least now as venthyr from the Torghast followers.
    I have 1 healer and he doesnt heal all that much

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Increase souls still makes the equation off. Increasing Anima still makes the equation off. The equation isn't really that far out of balance. A little effort keeps you on pace with the Anima required when you can gain enough souls. This talk of balance is dumb because it never will be balanced. And you are using it wrong anyways because using your definitions it can only be balanced if you can gain enough anima in 20 mins a week.

Yeah the equation is really off. The weekly quest is for 1k anima at 20 souls when you max out your souls (assuming you started with zero) you will get just enough anima for a rank 2. Then you will end up wasting like 200 souls over the 10 weeks it takes to get your anima for the next rank.

I think its reasonable to assume that the weekly quests for anima and souls would be somewhat balanced out. And given the fact you need a fuckload more anima then souls it should be a little higher. Maybe some no lifer or 1 char player does all the world quests and shit but I'm sure the majority of characters end up getting just slightly more anima than the weekly requires depending on how useful lfr gear is to them and what not.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-02-01 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like all of the collectables/stuff outside of sanctum upgrades are meant to be gathered over the course of the entire expansion, and if you choose to pursue those you're going to be screwed for sanctum upgrades. :\