View Poll Results: Should they be labeled as a terrorist organization?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • No [I'm Conservative]

8 13.33%
  • Yes [I'm Liberal]

33 55.00%
  • Yes [I'm Conservative]

2 3.33%
  • No [I'm Liberal]

17 28.33%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think it's also the inconsequential nature of stupidity. Once they met resistance and people of their own died, they remembered the meaning of the word "conequences" and chickened the hell out of there.

The real tragedy is that it happened so late. They should have been mowed down on the stairs to the capitol already.
    It also explicitly means these people don’t know the meaning of oppressed or disenfranchised. This is an example of privilege, with their oppression being boredom. Something Bannon pointed out was the key to populism, way back in 2015. That boredom is the difference between this:

and this:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's also the inconsequential nature of stupidity. Once they met resistance and people of their own died, they remembered the meaning of the word "conequences" and chickened the hell out of there.

The real tragedy is that it happened so late. They should have been mowed down on the stairs to the capitol already.
    Far be it from me to wish death on anyone, but if the Capitol Police hadn't been hamstrung, they should've been met with enough bodies to resist their push, and enough use of non-lethals like rubber bullets and tear gas to disrupt the gathering at that point. When they tried to pass the barriers below the steps, well before reaching the steps.

It's a bit much when they use that shit on peaceful protestors, but these chucklefucks weren't peaceful at all, and were shouting about their intent to murder members of Congress in the building in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It also explicitly means these people don’t know the meaning of oppressed or disenfranchised. This is an example of privilege, with their oppression being boredom. Something Bannon pointed out was the key to populism, way back in 2015. That boredom is the difference between this:
    That hits the nail on the head, it's what I've been saying for years. Glad someone else points it out, because I keep getting the impression people think I'm dismissive of issues.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That hits the nail on the head, it's what I've been saying for years. Glad someone else points it out, because I keep getting the impression people think I'm dismissive of issues.
    Bannon wrote a book about it... the bored white male playing WoW, is what gave Bannon the epiphany to lead a movement that resulted in Trumpism... by extension, Q it self... it became main stream, when people were stuck at home, due to covid.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Far be it from me to wish death on anyone, but if the Capitol Police hadn't been hamstrung, they should've been met with enough bodies to resist their push, and enough use of non-lethals like rubber bullets and tear gas to disrupt the gathering at that point. When they tried to pass the barriers below the steps, well before reaching the steps.

It's a bit much when they use that shit on peaceful protestors, but these chucklefucks weren't peaceful at all, and were shouting about their intent to murder members of Congress in the building in question.
    I agree. When I'm in a less dark mood and think about it, I freely admit that nobody would have had to die. The police just didn't have enough bodies. Very much the same situation to what happened in Berlin in front of the Reichstag. The situation is almost exactly the same, except for us it was anti-mask/corona idiots and for the US... I mean, at least they had a political agenda of sorts. Still criminally insane, but I feel on the stupid scale their cause was slightly less stupid than the Germans.

And in either case there were not enough policemen to just, present an actual wall of riot shields. And this makes me think about the modern social contract we have in Western democracies. If you look at the societies, it's actually amazing that the countries work, given how few policemen you actually have in the force. There is very much a social contract going on between citizens trying to live by the rules and the state not turning into big brother. This worked amazingly well up until now when somehow a group of people realised... if they push hard enough, it's rather easy to overwhelm the police in certain places.

This can go two ways: a) the movement just continues to abuse this until they grow up and dwindle away, b) the state remembering that it has a purpose and something to protect and dialing back the soft papertowl appraoch in favour of exercising its monopoly on force so people remember why this social contract existed.

And I'm very mindful that the vast majority of the population wouldn't mind a few broken bones here and there. Literal heaps of bodies? Nah, not if we can avoid it, but broken bones and bruises can heal.

Talking about Germany here, I realise in the US the police is the villain no matter what, so they'll have to find their own solution. Probably the national guard or something. Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bannon wrote a book about it... the bored white male playing WoW, is what gave Bannon the epiphany to lead a movement that resulted in Trumpism... by extension, Q it self... it became main stream, when people were stuck at home, due to covid.
    Shit, I could've written that book. WoW players were my main reference group as well. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

5+ Year Old Account
    Qanon isn't a directed organization with a hierarchy for what happened on the 6th january, that shit wasn't planned. Antifa on the other hand, wouldn't be outside their nature to do something like the 6th or worse had Trump won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Qanon isn't a directed organization with a hierarchy for what happened on the 6th january, that shit wasn't planned.
    *sigh*

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...e-werent-ready

Antifa on the other hand, wouldn't be outside their nature to do something like the 6th or worse had Trump won.
    "Ignore what ACTUALLY happened, and be worried about what would happen if the OTHER SIDE did what ACTUALLY happened!"

Naw dog. Not at all. No way. No how. Nuh uh. Nope. Never. Naw. No sir. No ma'am. Not a chance.

Qanon isn't a directed organization with a hierarchy for what happened on the 6th january, that shit wasn't planned. Antifa on the other hand, wouldn't be outside their nature to do something like the 6th or worse had Trump won.
    So, ypu are pushing a Qanon conspiracy theory to defend violen Qanon fucktards who wanted to murder politicians...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    *sigh*

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...e-werent-ready

"Ignore what ACTUALLY happened, and be worried about what would happen if the OTHER SIDE did what ACTUALLY happened!"

Naw dog. Not at all. No way. No how. Nuh uh. Nope. Never. Naw. No sir. No ma'am. Not a chance.
    Well if Antifa is just an idea then so is qanon. Both groups are retards but at least have some standards edge.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Well if Antifa is just an idea then so is qanon. Both groups are retards but at least have some standards edge.
    Yo, where does antifa hang out and plan shit? Who are some of the notable names in antifa?

Correct. They’re just ideas. And I didn’t see a bunch of Qanon shitheads invade the capitol.

What I did see was a bunch of conservative racist shitheads, some of whom were organized, invade the capitol. These people were extremely shitty before Qanon and they’ll be shitty after Qanon. This was Wilmington Coup II: The Racists Strike Back.

PS Lol at you saying you’re a liberal in the poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean the word death cult really inspires something more drastic then a single event and 2 deaths? I admit I might be missing some minor thing.

Their goal isn't death it's just a bunch of soccer moms 4chan tricked.
    They’re a death cult. They’re pro-death, pro-gun, anti-healthcare, anti-welfare, anti-environment. No one works harder to make America a more miserable place than the GOP and their voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, where does antifa hang out and plan shit? Who are some of the notable names in antifa?
    The whole argument should be flipped off. It's a bad faith attempt to draw false equivalences and make it about backing "teams".

What they want it to be about is "you back antifa and I back QAnon and both are bad so let's just accept that they should both be left alone".

Which is fucked up and wrongheaded.

What it should be about is the legal consequences for everyone involved in a particular attack, regardless of "team", regardless of political affiliations.

Their problem with that is that with antifa events, you've got like a dozen rabble-rousers or rioters who cause a problem amid an otherwise peaceful protest, generally. They want the entire peaceful protest to be treated as "antifa" and thus a valid target. Which is horse shit.

Failing that, they'll want to use this principle to defend insurrectionist criminals at the January 6 event and those who supported their crimes, even though every single person who entered the Capitol building as part of that event that day was a violent criminal who should be behind bars. There were no rabble-rousers acting within a crowd of peaceful protestors; every single individual who pushed past police lines and invaded the Capitol was a violent offender.

Anyone bringing up Antifa or BLM in response to the Jan 6 attack is engaging in bad faith and they need to be reviled for their rhetoric and what it seeks to protect and support.

10+ Year Old Account
    QAnon wants Trump as god king of US... who do Antifa want elected?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm... we had a thread about it, a week prior to it happening... what do you think we are, clairvoyant? You think it’s an accident some us knew people arrested from their previous actions in support of Trump? It’s amazing that there was no planning, but so many people knew about it...

Spoken like the true alt-reich supporter. "QAnon is innocent, honest! Antifa on the other hand totally would have done it. They haven't, and there's no reason I'm mentioning it other than to throw up the most obvious smokescreen..."

Here's something for you to think about, and I want you to read me in a literal sense...

Your position is unacceptable. It will not be tolerated. Neither is antifa, but that is beside the point. What I want you to understand is that whenever someone asks "Are we the baddies?" you need to take a hard look at yourself and say "Yes, we are." You pointing at another extremist group that should be condemned for their violent behaviour does not exonerate you. It does not normalize you. You are a danger to society and you need to understand that your attempt to normalise this behaviour is not going to end well.

Or, of course you can continue as you do and this forum can continue extremist propaganda as they do so well... Must be great to hide behind empty terms like "neutrality" and suffer the utter bullshit that is happening here. This forum is as much to blame as the poster I'm responding to is. The mere fact that voices like his are tolerated empowers him and leads him to believe he has a reasonable position. Fuck, I've seen salamanders with more spine than the staff on this forum...
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-02-01 at 09:53 PM.

You are all way behind. RAnon is the shit now. Get with the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like the true alt-reich supporter. "QAnon is innocent, honest! Antifa on the other hand totally would have done it. They haven't, and there's no reason I'm mentioning it other than to throw up the most obvious smokescreen..."
    The part they won't admit is that basically nobody is talking about making "believing QAnon conspiracy theories" illegal.

They're talking about prosecuting the violent radicals who stormed the Capitol, and those involved in fomenting that insurrection.

They do this to pretend that we're attacking the innocent old lady who's dumb as rocks but believes everything she reads on the Internet, but hasn't left her house in 8 years. And we're not. We're attacking the violent radicals who broke the law. For the violent law-breaking their radicalism led them to. The nature of the radicalism doesn't matter to whether they should be prosecuted, and I'd have the exact same stance for people claiming to be Antifa who smashed up a store front or engaged in looting.

The difference is that you can separately judge them socially for the validity of their rhetoric. On which scale QAnon types are crazy for cocoa buffs and deserve nothing but derision, but Antifa have a really good point in opposing fascism. It's the difference between "crazy-ass nonsense you'd have to be an idiot to fall for" and "a really solid, justifiable argument, on which action is taken too far."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's weird how much people want to deflect for violent racists and conspiracy theorists.

Except as far as everyone is aware, Antifa doesn't have a leader, but Qcumbers have a leader, and we know who they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You still have a MAGA avatar... waiting for March 6th? That will be the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit I might be missing some minor thing.
    Yup, you always are. Shame there is no cure for what ails ya.