Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It seems that after WoW's success anything less than 6 million or so is considered a "dead game" by some people

In reality, most games are chugging right along with more than healthy enough playerbases to support them. If they're not profitable, they inevitably shut down.
    Hots isn't getting updated, that's a dead game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    im at a point where i almost dont care about anything anymore.

wow is shit since bfa and shadowlands is on the same level of shit
    sc2 has been shit ever since heart of the swarm came out and they just recently pulled the plug and killed it officially

the other blizzard games i cant even take serious and together with all the negative news about the company itself over the past few years i find the self-congratulatory annual event embarassing
    I totally disagree on Starcraft, that is their one franchise that never failed. Fucking awesome games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hots isn't getting updated, that's a dead game.
    But it is? Still getting new heroes (more slowly though) and balance updates. Also occasional special events with some quests and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    But it is? Still getting new heroes (more slowly though) and balance updates. Also occasional special events with some quests and stuff.
    Dropped from eSports, LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Dropped from eSports, LUL.
    Because just like Overwatch, it is too boring to watch and too casual to be interesting.

Blizzard fucking up all their games by forcing an Esports scene just to abandon the games when no one jumps on it is so idiotic and it hasn't worked ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Are people still playing OW? I don't see the need for a sequel..

And Diablo Immortal??? Wasn't that scrapped years ago, after the epic fail of a pressentation, where they outright refused a PC version?
    It was never scrapped. Blizzard isn't going to scrap something because a convention that is PC gamers got their undies in a knot over it's unveiling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Any music performances?
    A live performance by the likes of e.g. David Arkenstone would be great. But I don't think there will be anything of that sort, given that covid is still quite a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    A live performance by the likes of e.g. David Arkenstone would be great. But I don't think there will be anything of that sort, given that covid is still quite a thing
    YOu do know that you can have a virtual performace right? Whatever band you get can set up in their own place and stream it.

My guess would be...

WoW: 9.1 talk in detail and some foreshadowing of the patch cycle to come. Probably a Classic TBC announcement of some type.

Diablo: Immortal release announcement. D4 update. Possible talk of the D2 remaster. Wouldn't be surprised by some type of "throw money at us early" sort of bait when it comes to the remaster.

Overwatch: Some brewhaha on esports. OW2 update. Possible release announcement but more likely prepurchase "give us money now and by 12-24-21 it will be released (be sure to read lots of fine print)" type of thing if that's the case.

Starcraft: Don't think we will get much here but wouldn't mind a surprise.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-02-02 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It was never scrapped. Blizzard isn't going to scrap something because a convention that is PC gamers got their undies in a knot over it's unveiling.
    Well, PC have always been Blizzard's main focus, so PC games' opinion will always matter to them.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well, if you would ask me.. they need some realy flashy wow news. Wow content, flow, things to do and the lore are all quite hollow atm.

If 9.1 ends up being: NEW WORLD QUESTS, NEW DUNGEON , NEW REPUTATION. I will probably stop playing alltogether.
    These things just add to the mountain of chores and add nothing new to the game. They seriuesly need to look at reward structures, end game and the horrible pvp burst meta no one seems to like. A new dungeon do shit in the end.

/rant.
    What you want is a new expansion. Innovative and grand scale new features usually come with the expansion not the x. 1 patch.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    What you want is a new expansion. Innovative and grand scale new features usually come with the expansion not the x. 1 patch.
    And you only want peace and honor baine you suck.. sorry jokes aside.

Transmog didnt come with the new expansion, mage tower didnt etc. They could pull new things off.. just afraid it will be morenof the same.

Thanks for this and information.

10+ Year Old Account
    As this is a free mid-February event after everyone has been WFH for months, I'm not really expecting a ton here. Somewhat surprised they are even having it, hard to imagine them making a massive announcement without a crowd there to get super into it.

WoW - 9.1 content preview, alongside some info on 9.1.5 & 9.2. I suspect they will handle this like they did for BfA a couple years back and try to lay out the WoW plan until we get to next November or so.

WoW Classic - TBC Announcement. Discussion on how TBC realms will work with current Classic realms. Not really a ton to discuss here.

Diablo - Some D4 discussion. Diablo: Immortal release date. Perhaps some D2 remaster talk, but that may just be an announcement and nothing else.

Hearthstone - Yet another expansion with some new card gimmick and several more decks getting antiquated. Basically another day for them.

Overwatch - New hero, some small discussion on OW2. If the rumors about it being behind schedule are true, don't expect much here.

SC/HotS - Maybe an acknowledgement they exist, but they may not even get that.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Time to buy whatever online attendance package gives me a pet/mount. I will wait until all the Tubers dissect Ion's words (or threats) and then get my popcorn to actually watch any interview. I finally came to the conclusion in this expansion, that whatever they say or do on stage doesn't matter. If the game has no activities for my interests, then I can unsub. If the game doesn't allow me to gear up in ways I find fun, then I can unsub. Whatever they say in Blizzcon only matters on Tuesday mornings if something is changed. They can say whatever they want, feel the need, or are pressured into saying. It only matters on Tuesday mornings if my characters become better to me, stay the same, or are worse/unplayable. Just give me my mount/pet and let's see what happens on Tuesday mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    As this is a free mid-February event after everyone has been WFH for months, I'm not really expecting a ton here. Somewhat surprised they are even having it, hard to imagine them making a massive announcement without a crowd there to get super into it.
    Yeah true, I feel the wow annoucement could be better done via a game developer update like they usually do before a patch. This has the chance to be super cringey.

Give me official TBC and D2 remastered (proper one!) announcements and i am happy.
    I do not give a shit about anything else honestly.

only things im excited about

OVEWATCH 2

TBC CLASSIC

as for the rest, i have a feeling d4 is gonna suck

D4 is pretty much the only thing i'm interested in and that's still years from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Saw their pressentation of diablo immortal? It already flopped.
    i assume by "flopped" you mean people who were NEVER the target audience for it didnt like it?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Especially when there's a market in which holds roughly 60% of the world population and 1 nation in that market has a population greater than USA, Canada and Europe combined. A market where mobile gaming is king.

It's like many posters on here want the Asian Market to just die if it means that they can live in a myth that mobile phones are not as much gaming divices as pcs and consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Well, PC have always been Blizzard's main focus, so PC games' opinion will always matter to them.
    You can cater fully to pc, console and mobile. Only karens have the mentality of "Cater to me and no one else."