Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I went with the theme and how the ability felt. Looked at numbers, but didn't really care. Had a hard time deciding between Kyrian and Night Fae on my monk, but went Kyrian because I didn't want to have to deal with keeping mobs in a line. Once Kyrian is maxed, will switch to Night Fae. Recently got a hunter alt. She's undead, so I went Necrolord. Almost did night fae for the obvious beasty theme, but went necro because she's an undead fighter at heart. Will then go Venthyr once necro is maxed.

Recently looked at logs and holy moly am I glad that Kyrian is bis for monk dps LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I chose the covenant based on theme and rp.

Then I saw I was doing 1.5-2k less than I would be doing as Venthyr and joined the plethora of warriors there and am now doing somewhat competitive DPS.

Cheers, Blizzard!
    I chose a fun legendary and was middle of the pack dps, then once I made the bis legendary I'm top.

I really really wanted to be necrolord warrior.
    Too bad venthry was the only option for me to HC-myhtic raiding and +10-15 keys.

Whoever said, choose whatever you like, is simply lying or want you to fail miserably so that he himself can enjoy sadistically from your suffering.

Good fucking luck getting to a +15 as a necrolord warrior.

And then people say ohh do not play +15 then do +2. Why is this an argument I cannot understand instead it should be a reason to be locked up in a mental institution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Lied the Reddit/MMO-C/WoWhead poster
    So it turns out unsurprisingly that the vast majority of people's 'meaningful choice' was the strongest covenant for the strongest spec of their desired class.

But seriously though, I'm honestly surprised that even super-casual players play for the meta, I really believed there was some demographic that were so casual they wouldn't even bother googling what was best for them.
    They're free to do whatever they want...I myself choose what I think fits my character best. I'm not a min/maxer...I have no intention of doing hardcore mythic+ or mythic raiding and I haven't taken arena seriously since BC when I got tired of fighting clones of the few stacked meta teams because I prefer to play what "I" want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I chose a fun legendary and was middle of the pack dps, then once I made the bis legendary I'm top.
    Nice! Shame the two are not really comparable, but glad you are now rocking them dps!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Is there a point were you WOULD care? 5%? 10%? 30%?
    idk i'm a super casual player that plays a mmoRPG specifically for the Roleplaying aspect, but I would probably care if the dps increase was more than 30/40%. With those numbers I would probably feel like I'm slowying myself down compared to others. But then again I really dislike playing something that I don't enjoy just to follow the "meta"
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Took the goth vampires for my pally tank so there are some that didn’t pick meta cause I should be with the blue birds

Imagine talking about spec / class, and one of the spec is so shitty that posts like 'I'm choosing my spec based on theme/RP/gear!' start showing up to defend it.
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-02-04 at 02:40 AM.