Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

i dont hate i just loathe that were at a point where shit like this acceptable in almost every game now. i also loathe cosmetics in general and the dumbasses that throw money out the window for skins and in wows case mounts/pets and other useless shit.

on top of the whole fact that this game already has a subscription cost

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i dont hate i just loathe that were at a point where shit like this acceptable in almost every game now. i also loathe cosmetics in general and the dumbasses that throw money out the window for skins and in wows case mounts/pets and other useless shit. on top of the whole fact that this game already has a subscription cost
    You do realize that Vanilla launched with a CE and had people pay extra for items in a subscription game? And Blizzard officially created/licensed the TCG with loot drops that people had to pay extra for (and way extra for from third-parties) Maybe stop hating so much and less insulting people for doing what they want with their money. There is no moral or fundamental problem with a company offering products for players even with a subscription.

It may start to be a problem if content was restricted based on such purchases but that is the model of most f2p games. It really does seem to come down to jealousy in some form or another and have versus have nots.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-03 at 02:53 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Damn, 6 months subs (+discount in some regions) for both retail and classic servers + a flying mount as a bonus. What's wrong with it? This is awesome tbh.

It was actually the players' demand.

Remember this?
    Blizzard, please bring Shu-zen to US/EU!
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...-zen-to-us-eu/

Or then US/EU players are not happy with Chinese players who get the mount for 6 months sub.

Then blizzard actually give you the mount as the bonus for sub.

WHY WHY WHY?

I am looking forward for this every year. Cheap sub + mount. I think this is actually the best thing blizzard ever did. Why do you hate it????? I simply do not understand where the hatred comes from.

You hate China? LOL. Do not buy made in China in Wallmart first.
    my only problem with it is its do god damn ugly. why cant they ever add cool mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    my only problem with it is its do god damn ugly. why cant they ever add cool mounts?
    I honestly still use mostly vanilla/wrath/tbc mounts tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Damn, 6 months subs (+discount in some regions) for both retail and classic servers + a flying mount as a bonus. What's wrong with it? This is awesome tbh.

It was actually the players' demand.

Remember this?
    Blizzard, please bring Shu-zen to US/EU!
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...-zen-to-us-eu/

Or then US/EU players are not happy with Chinese players who get the mount for 6 months sub.

Then blizzard actually give you the mount as the bonus for sub.

WHY WHY WHY?

I am looking forward for this every year. Cheap sub + mount. I think this is actually the best thing blizzard ever did. Why do you hate it????? I simply do not understand where the hatred comes from.

You hate China? LOL. Do not buy made in China in Wallmart first.
    It's just bad, when xpack is badly designed and game starts losing players, but tries to keep them subbed (even if they don't even play) this way, instead of actually fixing game itself. And players, why buy it, actually allow devs to continue doing it. Think about it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-02-03 at 03:28 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan honestly but won't get it because I pay using WoW Tokens and they removed the option to buy a subscription with Battle.Net Balanace. Might get it on a Christmas/New Year Discount if I remember. They also upped my Game Time cost as well because reasons
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Not really. They used offshore Chinese companies to buy up millions of tons of protective equipment in Australia, Canada, and the United States, robbing those countries of gear, and then sold them back shit-quality protective gear at higher prices. And they lagged in shutting down travel, allowing the Wuhan Flu to spread far and wide.

And add to that the Nazi-like genocide of the Uighurs and the thuggish, brutish treatment of Hong Kong.

Fuck the CCP. Love the Chinese people, they deserve so much better.
    Pretty sure that's those countries faults for selling them.

I don't care for the mount one way or the other. The thing I hate about these 6-month sub bundles is that in the end it's just to keep the sub numbers up through content lulls and to boost their bottom line for their quarterly earnings. The first thing I think when I see this pop up now is "Oh shit, 9.1 is either gonna be an empty patch or it's not coming for another 2-3 months."

That and the obvious massive pandering to the Chinese market. 6 month sub mount can be absolutely anything, why make it something so directly related to a Holiday not celebrated by the majority of people? Similarly, why do we not get Hanukkah themed mounts or anything for Ramadan?

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like ugly, low effort garbage and a spiritual rip off of the pig, interesting.

Why not just churn out every single mythological Chinese creature? I'm sure lepers will empty out their pockets for each and every one of them.

It's ugly and looks absolutely stupid in motion.

Every chance possible... someone is always trying to be negative about anything blizzard does. Here's some advice for the rest of your gaming career.

Let ... it... go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I don't care for the mount one way or the other. The thing I hate about these 6-month sub bundles is that in the end it's just to keep the sub numbers up through content lulls and to boost their bottom line for their quarterly earnings. The first thing I think when I see this pop up now is "Oh shit, 9.1 is either gonna be an empty patch or it's not coming for another 2-3 months."
    It's not coming for another 2-3 months. Because it won't be on PTR till Feb 19 and then it will be tested for at least 2 months. It shouldn't be empty, unless Ion has lied to us about flying and class tier sets.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I'm not that bothered, but in general it feels a bit shit whenever some of the best mounts are available through just existing or paying. Sucks when you work hard for a prestigious mount and it looks like ass, then they release an insanely cool mount that literally everyone can get with a sub or 20 quid.

I mean it's down to the individual whether or not this would bother you, I think it's a highly personal thing and I can see why some people wouldn't give a shit, but surely it's easy to see why some people would. I'm not annoyed at Blizzard doing it, it's a smart move by them, I just don't particularly support it either.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-02-03 at 04:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Why not just churn out every single mythological Chinese creature? I'm sure lepers will empty out their pockets for each and every one of them.
    That is clearly what they are doing. We have had a rat, hog, and ox. There is no reason for the hatred and calling people lepers just because you are salty over a promotional and store mount.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's stupid they don't allow you to make a one time purchase of 6 months like the first mount they did this with. Starting with the second one, they forced you to use a credit card to make a sub.

Why does this matter? Well, the bulk purchase you can use BNet balance (WoW Tokens) on. The subscription you can't.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I "hate" it for anything, I'm not a huge fan of the look...I much preferred Squeakers last year

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i dont hate i just loathe that were at a point where shit like this acceptable in almost every game now. i also loathe cosmetics in general and the dumbasses that throw money out the window for skins and in wows case mounts/pets and other useless shit.

on top of the whole fact that this game already has a subscription cost
    You loathe getting loyalty rewards for doing what you're already doing ie being subbed?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t say I hate it. The Chinese themed mounts just aren’t my thing, personally. I find them pretty ugly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is clearly what they are doing. We have had a rat, hog, and ox. There is no reason for the hatred and calling people lepers just because you are salty over a promotional and store mount.
    How is it hatred and I'm not calling anyone anything. Buddy, your head is so far up your arse it isn't even funny.