Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Government cheese is better than some of the most expensive cheeses you can buy in gourmet stores.
    Hand-me-downs need to last to the next kid and you're lucky when you're the only male of the kids so you don't have to do the hand-me-downs
    The world gave people on food stamps dirty looks when they brought out the food stamps (paper bills food stamps)
    Being sick is a luxury that only the rich can afford as well as simply going to the doctor when you're sick.
    Generic/store brand cereal tastes just as good as the name brand stuff and some times taste better and some times are made by the same company too
    Coupons allow you to spend less money which allows you to buy more of the "luxury" items like ice cream, name brand items, chips, cookies, soda, and fruit roll-up type snacks
    People are quick to judge how you live and tell you what you "should be" doing but can't offer actual help so that you can get out of the situation where you're in
    Quality time is better for your kids than quantity of time.

@Doctor Amadeus there is absolutely nothing wrong with a friend bologna sandwich even when you're not poor as fuck and anyone who hasn't tried it because its "low class" doesn't understand what they're missing out on!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Rich people shouldn't have kids either, nor should any person. Humans were a mistake.
    wth? That's not okay to be anti-child and anti-human. Humans are the only known species capable of saving life in the universe... You're acting like the evil villain named Thanos except it sounds like you want all 7.6 billion people to go away instead of just half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Government cheese is better than some of the most expensive cheeses you can buy in gourmet stores.
    Hand-me-downs need to last to the next kid and you're lucky when you're the only male of the kids so you don't have to do the hand-me-downs
    The world gave people on food stamps dirty looks when they brought out the food stamps (paper bills food stamps)
    Being sick is a luxury that only the rich can afford as well as simply going to the doctor when you're sick.
    Generic/store brand cereal tastes just as good as the name brand stuff and some times taste better and some times are made by the same company too
    Coupons allow you to spend less money which allows you to buy more of the "luxury" items like ice cream, name brand items, chips, cookies, soda, and fruit roll-up type snacks
    People are quick to judge how you live and tell you what you "should be" doing but can't offer actual help so that you can get out of the situation where you're in
    Quality time is better for your kids than quantity of time.

@Doctor Amadeus there is absolutely nothing wrong with a friend bologna sandwich even when you're not poor as fuck and anyone who hasn't tried it because its "low class" doesn't understand what they're missing out on!!!
    Lol awesome list. Very true about government cheese and bologna sandwiches. I should make one now
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    wth? That's not okay to be anti-child and anti-human. Humans are the only known species capable of saving life in the universe... You're acting like the evil villain named Thanos except it sounds like you want all 7.6 billion people to go away instead of just half.
    You should go and read Yuval Harari's books if you think Homo Sapiens are the be all end all on this planet (let alone the universe).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    You should go and read Yuval Harari's books if you think Homo Sapiens are the be all end all on this planet (let alone the universe).
    Yeah I know Yuval Harari predicts algorithms will take over the planet and I agree with him, but that won't happen anytime soon. For now Homo Sapiens rule.

Rich people shouldn't have kids either, nor should any person. Humans were a mistake.
    I have to agree. I give our race 200 years tops. Than earth can course correct.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-02-03 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Generous.
    The pandemic shows sooner than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    saving lives by destroying them you mean.

If you're poor don't have kids.
    if only condoms and vasectomy could be free
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

That statement is the height of hubris, we humans don't know enough about our own planet to even know what we can do for the universe. We are not even a flicker in the life of the universe nor do we know what else is out there.

The Bell Curve was always a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That statement is the height of hubris, we humans don't know enough about our own planet to even know what we can do for the universe. We are not even a flicker in the life of the universe nor do we know what else is out there.
    If "hubris" had a picture, it'd be the one you're responding to.
    His worse tic is his claims towards science...

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep on trukin’...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Eating Lentil soup or pasta for lunch and dinner towards the end of the month.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah, humanity has just barely gotten started but for some irrational reason you think doom is coming in the 22nd century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Generous.
    The pandemic shows sooner than later.
    How so? The pandemic has wiped out .03% of the population. It's a terrible loss but you can't claim that it's an extremely deadly catastrophe when 99.9% of people survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If "hubris" had a picture, it'd be the one you're responding to.
    His worse tic is his claims towards science...
    Science = testability and risky predictions.

That's a wild claim to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That even if you're in a good place the rug can be pulled out from underneath you, but somehow certain folks will always make sure to blame you.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Science = testability and risky predictions.
    That's a wild claim to you.
    Science and learning from recent history, which is...science. Something you absolutely abhor. Recall you saying the attempted insurrection was like the pandemic; hyperbole. Or to use your phrase, "a wild claim."

Education is important. Do whatever you can to break the social heritage and encourage and assist your kids in getting even further.

Son of a dad who was in jail all the time and a single uneducated mom working 2 jobs at minimum wage.

We were happier and closer as a family when we were poor. Grew up with a single mom, middle of 5. I think my mom got lucky considering most people in the same situation wouldn't have the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    This work hard mantra that people like to repeat is either ignorance about the world or it's a malicious lie.
    It's not a lie, but it does have a few qualifiers. The main one being, working hard at the right things. After that comes applying that work and knowledge in the right ways, to the right people.

Working hard is just a tool, a method. It has to be applied to the right things for it to get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    This work hard mantra that people like to repeat is either ignorance about the world or it's a malicious lie.
    You can certainly improve your situation by working hard, but more and more things are simply out of your control living in 2021.

Entire job sectors can become irrelevant and could lose your job quite easily if you dont have transferable skills.