Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and with pretty much every smartphone, technical appliance, toys, household goods, many foods, things that involve coal etc etc..so do you, so do we and if you play any Blizzard games you are part of this nice "cock sucking game".

Get off that moral high horse or proof to us how you live a life that is fully independent of relying on companies that deal with governments you disagree with.
    And some data to put your rational post in perspective:

40 years ago the US economy was almost 10 times the size of the Chinese. The Chinese economy is expected to surpass the US by the end of this decade.
    And if we count in PPP China is already the biggest economy in the world.

50 years ago USA's GDP was almost 40% of the world's GDP, today it is around 20% and falling.

So those that lament that they "have to dance to the pipe of China" should get out their spare lube and prepare to more pain in their buttocks in the future.
    If a global company wants to keep its position, and Blizzard is a global company, then it has to pay more and more attention to the Chinese market simply because China's share of the World economy will become bigger each year and USA's will become less.
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-02-03 at 02:39 PM.

I got a 6 month sub like a week ago fml, any chance I can like apply for this? All i got was the stupid pajama thing

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And some data to put your rational post in perspective:

40 years ago the US economy was almost 10 times the size of the Chinese. The Chinese economy is expected to surpass the US by the end of this decade.
    And if we count in PPP China is already the biggest economy in the world.

50 years ago USA's GDP was almost 40% of the world's GDP, today it is around 20% and falling.

So those that lament that they "have to dance to the pipe of China" should get out their spare lube and prepare to more pain in their buttocks in the future.
    If a global company wants to keep its position, and Blizzard is a global company, then it has to pay more and more attention to the Chinese market simply because China's share of the World economy will become bigger each year and USA's will become less.
    Of course they are going to try and appeal to the Chinese market, but that doesn’t mean they are appealing only to that demographic. Last I saw we have traditional European aesthetics, Native American aesthetics, Lucasfilm references, and many others.
    You’re acting like Blizzard is only working to make the Chinese government happy, which is a very cynical attitude to take while overlooking everything g else in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Of course they are going to try and appeal to the Chinese market, but that doesn’t mean they are appealing only to that demographic. Last I saw we have traditional European aesthetics, Native American aesthetics, Lucasfilm references, and many others.
    You’re acting like Blizzard is only working to make the Chinese government happy, which is a very cynical attitude to take while overlooking everything g else in game.
    Of course not, that wasn't my point at all. The "traditional" markets will remain.
    My point is that China and the Chinese market will become more and more important for any global company due to the global shift in the economy.
    And Blizzard has to "cater" more and more to the Chinese taste if if wants to remain a global company simply to the fact that China's economy will surpass the US economy within this decade.

20 years ago here in Europe you couldn't see anything written in Chinese anywhere. Now you can see Chinese written many places.
    20 years ago you had 10 mio. Chinese trips abroad yearly, and just before Covid-19 you had more than 130 mio. Chinese trips abroad yearly and China is the biggest travelling country in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I got a 6 month sub like a week ago fml, any chance I can like apply for this? All i got was the stupid pajama thing
    If you have an existing 6 month subscription you should get the promotion. It may take a few a days. If you don't have it in a few days I would contact support and ask them about it. I always have an existing 6-month and I've gotten every mount given. Last time I think it took 2-3 days for me to get it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And Blizzard has to "cater" more and more to the Chinese taste if if wants to remain a global company simply to the fact that China's economy will surpass the US economy within this decade.
    But a mount such as this doesn't mean they are catering to the Chinese taste. We have had it for 3 years now including wow having the "Lunar Festival" since Vanilla. I know about the Chinese new year animals from the placemat at the local Chinese restaurant growing up. And I am sure people that live in some of the bigger cities with active districts/populations know about it with out knowing much of anything else. Acknowledging it or giving mounts to it doesn't really show a shift in anything.

It was no different then when Blizzard created an Olympic battle pet. They saw a popular theme/thing and used it to create/sell a something for the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Why would EU or US citizen celebrate Chinese New Year?
    For various reasons, but have you ever considered that there might actually be Chinese people who are EU or US citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    a damn cow....ummmm. I guess so. We have a pig and horse. hell why not.
    Have you not noticed they are Chinese Zodiac? Year of the Ox -2021, Year of the Rat-2020, Year of the Pig -2019, Year of the Dog- 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    Have you not noticed they are Chinese Zodiac? Year of the Ox -2021, Year of the Rat-2020, Year of the Pig -2019, Year of the Dog- 2018

Yeah. After Kaid's reply yesterday, I have noticed now. Kinda cool. Never even noticed it until I started seeing people's reply on this thread.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

5+ Year Old Account
    Perfect mount for my Brewmaster Monk. And since I am still playing, its kinda for free
    Would have renewed my subscription also with a gift.

3+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the Chinese new year Rabbit mount! It'll only take two more years, but it's going to be worth it!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Golden calf? No, thank you, I'll stick with my Tyrael's charger.

This only makes sense if you're a Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    how to kill two birds with one stone. (replace "two birds" with democracy and "stone" with mount so we good!)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    That somehow makes it any better? Where is our western mount every year?
    We don't exactly have New Year Celestial traditions like the East. So why does it even matter.

Wtf would a "western" mount even be.

- - - Updated - - -

The same reason Western holiday events are in game as well. People around the World play.

Heh so I bought 6 months sub 2 months ago so wife gets her fairy transmog and now got this aswell gg

You do know there are Chinese Americans right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    hm didnt clown costume in november came with 6 months sub too ?

jezus those numbers must be bad if they are now pushing 6 months subs promotions every 3 months
    Wrong. People need to stop posting this because it is nothing but ignorance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    1. China can fuck off until their fascist government is overthrown and democracy prevails. Until then, it disgusts me to see Blizzard suck up to those monsters like this.

2. See #1. Every other thing I might have to say here takes a back seat to the importance of Fuck the Chinese Government.
    But why does something representing the culture need to be boycotted because of the actions of the government? Just curious!

There's a google of horse mounts, hopefully nobody is too bothered by this mount?

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    1. China can fuck off until their fascist government is overthrown and democracy prevails. Until then, it disgusts me to see Blizzard suck up to those monsters like this.

2. See #1. Every other thing I might have to say here takes a back seat to the importance of Fuck the Chinese Government.

Yes! I Hope you say the same about 'murica
    Last edited by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee; 2021-02-04 at 11:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You think it took talent to do ZG n have a lucky roll on the tiger mount? LOOOOL also that mount while cool looks dated, I want an upgrade.

And fyi I'd prefer to get it in-game instead through the lunar new year event..but seeing as I'm paying for sub anyways, this is a free mount really.
    It took some skill and dedication to raid back then, that's for sure. Obviously, everything is relative, back then people overwhelmingly didn't understand the game as well as they do now, so yes, by those days' standards, yes, it was skill. Dedication for the vastly more hours involved, too.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2021-02-05 at 02:09 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

They removed the option to buy 6 month of gametime plus the mount? Damn...