Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remembered why I havnt gone back now - no oceanic servers = horrible ping. Obviously they wont be adding any, so thats that for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    The game was definitely released and pitched as B2P that would have free content updates. It was one of the big draws of the game initially as people were getting tired of a $15/mo subscription.
    It is B2P, and it does have free content updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you, as always.

This is a question for those who do not play Guild Wars 2 - either people that have already played it, or those who didn't try the game yet and lack something to try it.

What's preventing you from coming back or playing this game?
    Terrible Customer support infrastructure, as well as just hands down Terrible Customer support. Wanted my old acc back, but lost the password. contacted them 3 times over the past many years

1st time I got a relatively timely response, of just over 1 week. which obviously kills the hype as we're a grp of friends wanting to play together. they requested that I gave them some sort of Game ID, which is simply not there on my pre-purchase email. they claimed I would be unable to prove im the acc holder then, although I offered many different solutions (picture proof of the Credit card used for the initial purchase for example)

2nd time it was the same, with a 15 day response time.

3rd time I honestly didnt know how long it took, so just went to look. Got a response 2 months after my ticket. where they actually offered other solutions, too bad I never read that email cuz I stopped caring after waiting 8 weeks.

Only quit cuz we ran out of content in the first place, and my friend grp wasnt too keen on PVP, and WvWvW was super fun, but doing that for X amount of hours a day while not liking most of the communities tied to it, at the time atleast due to their weird behaviour (Screaming, weird/bad tactics or leaders, screaming, and un-funny racist shit... while screaming. I love me a good racist joke, even love me some random N words with comedic timing, but its just cringe when ur not funny, and u just do the xD im so random screaming N***er every 2 minutes)

Been wanting to do some Gw2 quite frequently but cant even be arsed trying to contact them anymore, one other guy in my group has the exact same issue, hence why we never play.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I remembered why I havnt gone back now - no oceanic servers = horrible ping. Obviously they wont be adding any, so thats that for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It is B2P, and it does have free content updates.
    Right, but it seems like most of the actual content is tied to expansions now, which wasn't what they lead the player base to believe initially at least. I haven't really played in a long time, but the assumption from everyone I know that played the game on release was that they would come out with new raids, zones, pvp areas, etc. for free on a semi-regular basis. Is this still the case? Or are these type of content updates saved for expasions?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...but why? They never said they wouldn't be doing expansions, and they'd long since set the precedent with GW1 expansions.

I don't think they ever said this, actually. And I worked on the game for a while pre-launch. It having expansions doesn't make it "not" B2P. It still technically is, though it's got the F2P base option now too. The LS updates would be delivered in between expansions. That was always the public plan as far as I remember.

I don't know of any GW2 player who had played GW1 who didn't expect expansions.

It's definitely not in the Manifesto, so if you got a link sling it over.
    I played GW1, although not all that much, Dont remember them explicitly saying that they would not add paid expansions. but I remember it being implicit. asked some of the guys from my grp who dove into Gw2 (only 1 of them also played Gw1, the other 5 had not) and they seem to remember it atleast being implicit, some even claim it was said explicitly, but couldnt find proof (only looked for like 5 minutes) none of us really care either tbf, most of us even wanted them to make it a Sub if it meant more budget for development as we quit due to lack of content (this was before fractals etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

In fairness though, they are pretty reasonable about the pricing for new players.
    Yeah, i was confused when looking but it seems its $29usd for everything? The more expensive versions are just added fluff from what i could see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i was confused when looking but it seems its $29usd for everything? The more expensive versions are just added fluff from what i could see.
    That does not include any of the living story episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    That does not include any of the living story episodes.
    Correct, but those can be purchased in game right? and they ARE free while current? I could be mistaken, that was my understanding though.

Correct, but those can be purchased in game right? and they ARE free while current? I could be mistaken, that was my understanding though.
    As long as you log in while they are active you get them for free. You only have to purchase ones you hadn't logged in during if you wanna do them.

0 progression

What the is the point of gearing up if a geared player is still as easily killed by mobs as a fresh 80

Also combat. Came to the battle where you fight Balthazars female commander or whatever. Really fun to brainlessly mash buttons for 20 minutes

Certain mounts are also locked behind pay walled story chapters? Like I get its not subscription but it has a pretty extensive cash shop and ESO doesen’t pull this BS. Or well they do but if you subscribe you get everything
    An'u belore delen'na

I was just starting to get into GW2 around December with a friend.

Then they announced the complete and total end to all MacOS support (while Blizzard announced the continuation of total mac support), and since I still don't feel like messing with Bootcamp...well that killed that. I'll get a PC just for gaming someday, but I'm not upending my work ecosystem just for video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

I really want a GW3, sub based, trinity, combat more like GW1, gear progression, raids, dungeons.
    Sounds like you want WoW in a GW setting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    As long as you log in while they are active you get them for free. You only have to purchase ones you hadn't logged in during if you wanna do them.
    Unfortunately I don't think Anet makes the system clear to a lot of players.

Like how you still unlock the content on a F2P account in case you buy into the game later, how you can buy the episodes for gold (and a fairly low amount), or how you only need to login once between the 2-4 months the content is free to add it to your account...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    0 progression

What the is the point of gearing up if a geared player is still as easily killed by mobs as a fresh 80

Also combat. Came to the battle where you fight Balthazars female commander or whatever. Really fun to brainlessly mash buttons for 20 minutes

Certain mounts are also locked behind pay walled story chapters? Like I get its not subscription but it has a pretty extensive cash shop and ESO doesen’t pull this BS. Or well they do but if you subscribe you get everything
    ESO pulls worst for being a "B2P" game. The paywall you're talking about is probably 200g in game, tops.

Living Story episodes are cheaper than content releases in subscription based games per dollar.

Assuming Blizzard doesn't timegate stuff, you pay them $15 for a content update in between expacs. Usually $30 with their timegates. You might get a new questline that takes a couple of hours, lucky if you get a new map. Content that going to be outdated as soon as the next release drops.

A GW2 is free until the next one comes out. So 2-4 months, usually 2 since Anet can't afford long droughts. New map, and a day's worth of quests like WoW. If you missed it the content is 200 gems, which is less than $2 and less than 100 gold. The content never becomes outdated. I purposely left out stuff like achievements/collections.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-03 at 10:45 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sounds like you want WoW in a GW setting

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately I don't think Anet makes the system clear to a lot of players.

Like how you still unlock the content on a F2P account in case you buy into the game later, how you can buy the episodes for gold (and a fairly low amount), or how you only need to login once between the 2-4 months the content is free to add it to your account...

- - - Updated - - -

ESO pulls worst for being a "B2P" game. The paywall you're talking about is probably 200g in game, tops.
    It's the formula that works. It's not only WoW that uses it.

For me the game always was only leveling and exploring since the group PvE loop is shit, so i'll be back when I feel there is enough new to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    The game was definitely released and pitched as B2P that would have free content updates. It was one of the big draws of the game initially as people were getting tired of a $15/mo subscription. It was a big reason that my friend group decided to play on release.
    Being B2P with no subscription does not mean there will never be a paid expansion. It's never meant that, for any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Every expansion adds new mechanics and features exclusive to the expansion. Is this your fist MMO expansion?
    Mounts shouldn't locked behind a paywall. It's stupid as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I gave it so many chances already but i came to realise that despite loving GW1 and the world, and i will admit that meta events are awesome, i just don't like the game. I don't like the combat, i dont like how the game is unwelcoming, the amount of trash items, the F2P restrictions made for you to spend money and the lack of trinity.
    I tried so hard and still have it installed, but i am so tired of it. It has magical moments, but it's so boring.

I'm at the point where i would like to see Cantha, but i don't see how it will be any different than all the other maps. Events, meta event, sloppy combat, contless new trash items and collections. I just don't want anymore. I haven't even finished the icebrood saga. I lost interest.

I really want a GW3, sub based, trinity, combat more like GW1, gear progression, raids, dungeons.
    So you want Anet to make WoW and dictate the endgame for you

You can like something or not, but when you start talking about the trinity, subs, and vertical progression that’s WoW and GW2 is better off being it’s own thing.

I don't want to start ANOTHER MMO. I've already been switching off and on between WoW, ESO, FF14, Runescape, and Genshin. I have no desire to add another MMO to the list. If I'm going to find another game it has to be a game that actually has an "end", or is just for multiplayer fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it back before any expansions were released....I just never got very into it. the few abilities with weapon swapping just wasn't particularly interesting to me

With the lack of gear treadmill or Trinity I quickly lose interest after hitting max level think I have enough birthday boosts to have every class at max level now.