Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Future WoW, Guilds are faction!

But....out in the world, with warmode on, it's you vs everyone not in your guild!
    This, 1000 times this had the same idea for fixing the pvp imbalance and getting rid of blizzard backed alliance gank squads.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    How is saying a joke being salty?
    Using "humour" as a front for your real emotions. You do seem pretty salty. You're not doing a very good job of hiding it. People are allowed to like a game. People are also allowed to like a game without your attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Future WoW, Guilds are faction!

No more Horde vs Alliance, all cities are sanctuary zones for all players. But....out in the world, with warmode on, it's you vs everyone not in your guild!
    Warmode being a toggle fixes a lot of this hypothetical, but for people looking to abuse Warmode for free bonuses people would just join the largest guilds for the most protection, and inactivity leading to kicks would become more commonplace. It probably wouldn't be very good for the game - as cool as the idea of that is, guild v guild modes or designated guild wars would probably be better for the health of the game instead of all guild ffa.

Oh look, the same post that's been posted in every tier for at least 11 years.

How very refreshing. I 'member how there'd be no more guilds after 8.3. Hmmmm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Castle Nathria is a bad raid, and it's evident from the testing that it's a raid that was unfinished, even now, 8 weeks after release there are still notable bugs with encounters and major design flaws with encounters.

To say progressing through the raid, and even farming it, is frustrating would be an understatement.

I am so fucking sick of people acting like Preach is the Jesus of WoW. If his guild is done, that's just them. They don't represent the ENTIRE playerbase. Stop acting like if Preach isn't playing the game is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Castle Nathria is a bad raid, and it's evident from the testing that it's a raid that was unfinished, even now, 8 weeks after release there are still notable bugs with encounters and major design flaws with encounters.

To say progressing through the raid, and even farming it, is frustrating would be an understatement.
    Ah the fabled quadruple spawn of Soul Infusers.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

You all do realise that we are talking about a 15 years old game and that the people that made the majority of guilds have kids and jobs now :P there is a probability that (aside the e-sport gamers which is a small % of the community)they dont have the time to play 24/7
    And not being able to commit fully to an online game means you fall behind ! that discourages people
    At least thats how i see it !

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the raid is bad or not (it's probably not the worst starter raid, but it's not the best either).

WoW historically creates a lot of guilds at the beginning of an expansion, or at the tail end of the last expansion. A hard reset is a good reason to get back into the game and guilds are formed (or reformed) thinking that maybe it will be different this time. For some it works, but a lot of guilds get crushed at the start of an expansion because the expectations they have for either the game, or the guild simply aren't met. That or they just lie to themselves thinking that the game has changed in some drastic way, knowing that it probably hasn't (the games formula is pretty much the same).

Just because a youtube personalities guild folded has nothing to do with the quality of raid and or the expansion. My own guild folded at the end of Legion after raiding for 13 years for various reasons, none of which really had much to do with the quality of the content (if that was the case it would've folded far before then, because there were certainly worse expansions and raiding tiers in WoW).

Guilds die every expansion for various reasons. It can be as simple as leadership not wanting to do it anymore or a lot of your longstanding members wanting to take a break. It can also be a case of your guild doing very well one tier and expectations are so high that people end up leaving when that same reality isn't met in the next tier (happens a lot during a new expansion because some people just aren't feeling it, some of your old members left, and the people you recruited are expecting something similar to what they signed up for).

TLDR; There is no singular reason why guilds die and it's pretty unique to the guild.

Castle Nathria's actually a pretty good raid. I'd attribute the shit gear drop system to people leaving far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    This again? There seems to be a raid every expansion where guilds 'die'
    So the issue hasn't been resolved. Aim high.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    1800 gives 220 , mythic end bosses (the last two) give 233 also normal mythic gives 226
    If you've been 1800 since week one(easily achievable) you're already 220+ ilvl due to 235 legendary and posssible mythic BoEs. If you're not a top 200 mythic raider you're still 210-219 because bosses only drop 3 miserable pieces of loot, and chances are you're not even dreaming of killing the 2 bosses that drop 233 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Firelands is one of the better raids in WoW's history, and a lot of people rather enjoyed most of the first Cata tier's raid content. People shit on Dragon Soul because of how long it lasted and because of the reused assets (which was always a ridiculous complaint).

SSC and TK were 6 and 4-boss raids and I've never seen any complaints about the amount of bosses (though, I suppose people probably think of them as one 10-boss raid). ZA was a pretty small raid and it was incredibly popular.

I'm a bit biased, though, because Trial of the Grand Crusader is one of my favorite raids and everyone likes to shit on it because it takes place in one (two) rooms and has no trash (which, frankly, is the stupidest complaint I've ever heard).
    you and i must have played 2 very different versions of the game back then because firelands was utterly shit, pre nerf rag was extremely hard and was basically there as a wall to stop players steam rolling the whole raid, instead of a feeling of working towards the goal of clearing the raid, you basically stomped the previous 6 bosses and had the privilege of standing before rag, knowing you were never meant to kill it, and the rag fight is the only fight people remember fondly because it was the only fight that had mechanics that weren't a total snooze fest, the previous tier was also shit on for being a bad tier because of having to move from literally one end of the world map to the other every raid night (assuming you were capable of clearing bosses in each instance per night), it was tedious and time consuming and lead to more time spent on progress than had previously been 'normal' because of the stupid travel time, and i personally shit on dragon soul because it was the biggest waste of time in raiding i think i have ever had, after progress was done my team at the time was able to get a full clear down to just under an hour, that was it for the week log in for an hour and clear everything while already having full BiS on everyone in the raid just to et people their mounts, and we were done pretty quick with that also.

SSC specifically but TK also people didn't complain about number of bosses because the instances were MASSIVE, so it gave the illusion of being more involved than it was, plus the trash was plentiful enough to make traversing the places time consuming enough, ZA was popular because of the mount, not because people enjoyed the raid itself there is likely some who liked it for the aesthetic or the fact it was a troll raid, but most people only cared about the mount.

As far as TOGC is concerned i loved it because it had no trash, i hated the fact that at the time i never managed a 25 insanity clear but it is what it is, but with that said having to run it 4 times a week was a recipe for disaster and is one of the reasons people hated it more so than because it was all in just one arena or whatever.

Even if I don’t enjoy Shadowlands, I remember Cataclysm actually killing guilds and servers. People taking a break is one thing, guilds being sold or jumping servers is another. My guess is based on the sudden QoL changes there has been a decent drop off, but I think SL is still doing okay

This thread in a nutshell:

>OP: "Guilds are dying!"

>Everybody: "Always have been."

>Galaxy brain A: "Make PvE cross faction and SOLVE ALL WOW'S PROBLEMS"

>Galaxy brain B: "The devs don't want to make PvE cross-faction."

>Galaxy brain A: "Well, they should... CUZ IT WILL SAVE THE GAME FROM DYING!!!!!!"

Repeat exchange between Galaxy brain A and B until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    lmaoooo Preach's lame-ass guild dies and people think this is not only post-worthy but also a indication of the game's quality

Castle Nathria is probably the most fun raid I've had in this game. If his guild died it could've been from burnout, lack of interest or a million factors, especially considering they raid Mythic.
    Mythic Stone Legion Generals pre nerf is fun?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Mythic Stone Legion Generals pre nerf is fun?
    Of course not, but who the fuck does Mythic raiding? It's avoided like a plague literally because of how unfun it can be. Luckly is optional.

Castle Nathria has three other difficulties, and I found two of then to be very fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no a youtubers guild is dying. GAMES DEAD.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I am so fucking sick of people acting like Preach is the Jesus of WoW. If his guild is done, that's just them. They don't represent the ENTIRE playerbase. Stop acting like if Preach isn't playing the game is dying.
    Im just sick of hyperbole, exaggeration, and strawman arguments. Coupled with people who continually move the goalposts as their argument crumbles, and then simply stop replying and give up instead of responding.

For example - i have not seen a single person proclaim preach is anything other than a streamer, and a personality within the gaming industry, who focuses mostly on wow. I certainly havnt seen anyone say he was Jesus, or anything other than what he is. Secondly, i have not seen a single person claim the game would die if he left. And lastly, considering your recent "you are wrong and i dont believe you because everyone i have spoken to disagrees" rant, i would be careful accusing others of claiming they represent the entire playerbase.

Nah guilds are dying due to things outside of Castle Nathria.