Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He can stay behind in SL to stay true to his saviour shtick and become Jesus and ascend to heavens. Sylvanas, akin to Paul the Apostle, will have a change of heart. She'll stay on Azeroth to spread Anduin's teachings and gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    He can stay behind in SL to stay true to his saviour shtick and become Jesus and ascend to heavens. Sylvanas, akin to Paul the Apostle, will have a change of heart. She'll stay on Azeroth to spread Anduin's teachings and gospel.

Could happen!?

Yes.

There must always be a jailer

queue the end cinematic! done

“For the good of Azeroth, I must stay here champion to right the wrong that the Jailor has done.”

Doubt it. In before the storm, Anduin said that some people cant be saved, like sylvanas. And Anduin will try to save his people... and that's mean no save sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    “For the good of Azeroth, I must stay here champion to right the wrong that the Jailor has done.”
    Sounds too good to be true. But Blizzard isn't going to ditch their perfect Golden Boi that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The jailer is actually the good guy in the story.
    Lol no. He ordered/inspired Sylvi to send tons of souls to Maw, AKA was the cause for Teldrassil BBQ and entire war around that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think his soul is missing and that is why hes pissed.
    Anduin just needs some training with his hollow mask and bankai and then I'm sure he'll be the most powerful Hokage of Soul Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would actually rather see Anduin stove in the back of Sylvanas' head with the business end of Shalamourne to save her from making the choice, but that's just my $0.02.
    One can dream, and it would be so nice. But... the signs unfortunately point to exactly what the OP suggests. It is completely in line with Anduins character to try and safe Sylvanas no matter what it will cost him personally.

Unfortunately our king has not yet understood that his life does not just belong to him, but is incredibly important for the Alliance as a whole. Especially since he has no heirs. One would think that after all the buisness with Onyxia he knows how dangerous an empty throne is for a kingdom, but...

I thought Blizzard had learned from the WoD fiasco, but maybe they haven't.

Then again, so long as they don't portray the Alliance as villains, I'm fine.

I can't stand how Yrel is portrayed as the villain and Grommash gets a "hero's death" when Grommash literally had Yrel's sister and adoptive father killed.

The funny thing is that I don't even like Yrel nor the Draenei, but this kind of writing is just toxic.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Something tells me that Anduin ALREADY SERVES The Jailor, BUT.... They are just testing Sylvanas' will. Shes DEFFENITELY not into Jailor's plans....
    What if he made a deal to save the soul of his father from the nether?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

I can't stand how Yrel is portrayed as the villain and Grommash gets a "hero's death" when Grommash literally had Yrel's sister and adoptive father killed.

The funny thing is that I don't even like Yrel nor the Draenei, but this kind of writing is just toxic.
    Unfortunately I think that we are indeed moving towards a "Bad Alliance" expansion next, with Turalyon taking over the throne and turning the Alliance into a Lightbound force... and then the fully redeemed Sylvanas will lead us to victory.

I literally feel my toe nails bend up from cringe... please Blizz do not do this....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What if he made a deal to save the soul of his father from the nether?
    Since Ysera was the last soul to arrive with the Arbiter still working, this means that Varian is in the correct afterlife. Likely one of those we have no access to. It is unlikely the Jailer can affect him, at least yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, we gotta get dumber. Anduin will have secretly been Xe'ra all along with the real Anduin off on an adventure with Wrathion, and Xe'ra's going to try to Lightforge Sylvanas, who will turn into a giant Zerg space angel val'kyr and save the universe from the Void the Void. All the while, we'll hold the line in the raid while a bunch of NPCs tell us how Kerrigan Sylvanas was actually a heroic and noble soul all along who suffered nobly and lied in her own internal monologue about her plans and motives, and most certainly wasn't shoehorned into the role at the very last minute because the writers wrote themselves into yet another corner with a once-promising character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

No, see, you don't understand! If the draenei followed a logical progression of events, it would mean the Mag'har had suffered consequences for their actions! If that happens, how can they get off scott-free with attempting multiple genocides over their time as the Iron Horde and present themselves as unfairly-oppressed victims being brutalized by religious extremists?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

5+ Year Old Account
    I would actually rather see Anduin stove in the back of Sylvanas' head with the business end of Shalamourne to save her from making the choice, but that's just my $0.02.
    Andy KS'ing Sylv from Tyrande? Why not, it wouldn't be the first time they make nelfs look like idiots. Especially Tyrande lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Andy KS'ing Sylv from Tyrande? Why not, it wouldn't be the first time they make nelfs look like idiots. Especially Tyrande lol.
    Nelves were already made to be fucking braindead because they joined Alliance in vanilla, which makes zero sense, so it's not like they weren't ruined from the very start. Everything that went wrong for them stems from that.

You can't call yourself a Nelf fan and support them being in Alliance at the same time, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    If you had to overthrow a mass murdering dictatorship, would anyone blame you for blackmailing and kidnapping the lieutenants of the regime to overthrow the system?

The Shadowlands is not a natural entity. It's been engineered to divert souls from going to their natural afterlives.

Perhaps there was a time when the Jailer and the Maw were in peace and harmony.
    thats not all he does though. he didnt JUST kidnap lieutenants. He:
    1. Uses souls from all the realms to make slave soldiers [his army]
    2. Tortures souls in stone prisons [the crucible]
    3. Tortures souls by having his beasts consume them [Torghast]
    4. Tortures souls by binding them [Torghast]
    5. Tortures souls by boiling them [Torghast]
    6. Tortures souls by smashing them on anvils [Crucible]
    7. Smashes souls to get ash from them so he can make more landmass in the maw [Tremalcum]
    8. Has his beasts consume them [Beastwarrens]
    9. Is responsible for the lich king, so basically all the suffering of the forsaken and all the people destroyed in Northern Eastern Kingdoms

Saying "well he just kidnapped a lieutenant" is like saying "oh he only held a hostage to get his demands met, no dont look at him raping and torturing all these thousands of other people, hes not so bad"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think the jailer was the original arbiter and the others ganged up on him and replaced him with their own artificial one.
    I'm hoping it ties into why Bastion and Oribos have the same anima colour, and why the kyrian started wiping their memories in the first place.

My theory is that the kyrian secretly deposed Zovaal in a coup, installed some of their own special constructs (The Arbiter and the Attendants) in his place, and wiped their own memories to absolve themselves of blame; the truth never got out, or at least was covered up, and the kyrian started following instructions they'd left for themselves to keep wiping their own memories until anyone who knew the truth was dead for good.

For bonus points, Zovaal is actually Zo'vaal, and the Brokers are in Oribos to find a way to reveal the truth and reappoint their wayward brother to his old position in the reckless pursuit of profit, which is why Ve'nari betrayed the others. For double bonus points, Zovaal is actually the Runecarver, and the Primus defeated him and stole his identity as the Jailer.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

u gotta understand 2 things:

1. its stupid to think anduin would "stop sylvanas making the choice" when the entire point of the cinematic is that he's giving her the choice. anduin is the one finally giving sylvanas the choice to make a decision for herself. thats literally the point of that cinematic. he's not gonna immediately then save her from making the choice he gave her.

2. anduin is gonna get fucking stabbed anyway and become the new lich king no matter what happens so there are only 2 possibilities: either sylvanas does it or the jailer walks on on sylvanas not doing it and does it himself

there is only 1 possible ending for shadowlands with how simplistic blizzard's trash writing is and its sylvanas screaming at the jailer about how he's the one responsible for all her suffering etc while she breaks away from his control and kills him. he literally exists as a character solely for this purpose. the only reason sylvanas serves him is so there can be a cinematic where she breaks free and finally attacks a target that no one could ever consider innocent (however wow players are pretty fucking stupid when it comes to identifying clearly evil characters so prolly some ppl will defend the jailer to the end)

so on that basis its unlikely sylvanas is gonna lich kingify anduin because they need to set her up to break free from the jailer. so it will probably be the thing where she's not sure if she's gonna do it then he walks in and is like im just gonna do it then... you WERE gonna do it right sylvanas? and sylvanas will be like yea of course i was. but then we see her eyes shift around and we realize she wasn't because we're familiar with the tropes blizzard scraped from the bottom of the storytelling barrel to construct what we laughingly call "the wow narrative"

but the whole of sylvanas's story for the past 3 fucking years has been given to us in unbearably drawn out cliffhanger cutscenes about "iS sHe ReAlLy eViL????" so most likely we are not gonna know what sylvanas did for another full patch and even then its going to be shown to us by more remote viewed cutscenes that we have no stake or presence in. and it will continue to be like this until the end. what a terrible story and writers.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why tho?

This dark bender he's about to embark on, sets him up nicely as an overzealous warrior of the light for future developments with void...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

broke: Anduin makes the decision to save Sylvanas and joins the Jailer, but through the power of friendship, they defeat him UwU

woke: Anduin accept the dea to save Sylvanas, but after the Jailer is dealt, she betrays them and becomes Bitch Queen of The Warcraft Universe.

bespoke: Anduin double crosses Sylvanas after they defeat the Jailer, and he becomes the Bitch Queen of the Warcraft Universe.