Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    People actually do these mission table things?

F these stupid tables, why the heck were they ever added to WoW? Was this an Ion thing he introduced few expansions ago?
    To allow players to get small amounts of gold and resources almost passively? It's been around for 4 expansions now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I stopped doing my mission table until we get something like this. Pointless and waste of time and resources.
    Something I don't like =/= pointless waste of time and resources. People really need to learn that objectivity is a thing. I don't like pvp, that doesn't mean I come onto threads about it and complain that it's useless until some addon holds my hand and tells me how to win.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat2014 View Post
    Has anyone managed to find an addon that works for the shadowlands mission table? Similiar to Champion Commander.
    soulsobreeze on youtube has a video about several ones. I use all 3 he suggest. Its more work then old mission table addons. But still very easy.

Current ones show/calculate your chance of mission succes.

- - - Updated - - -

F these stupid tables, why the heck were they ever added to WoW? Was this an Ion thing he introduced few expansions ago?
    for alts it can give you gear.

Also it can give a steady/small stream of mats , anima and gold. Not a lot . But still a steady stream. And most missions are only 4 or 8 hours. AND you can use the table from the WoW companion app on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaori View Post
    This is the method I use and have only lost once. Now I do make sure my damage and hp is almost double what the enemy is. No addon needed
    Some covenants have it much worse than others. It's not that simple. In order to be able to double the enemy's stats you would also need massively overleveled companions for your current mission levels, which is not what you want to do if you want to reach the actual high level missions quicker.

I'm personally using Venture Plan and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. My venthyr mission table was basically undoable and I could never win anything before installing it. https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/venture-plan

And yes, "people" actually do these. Hate reading this kind of high horse bullshit. It's a feature of the game that gives you currencies, mogs and even mounts. Of course people effin do those, what did you think? Collectibles are pretty much the only thing that really matters in wow because everything else gets reset every 4 months in the patch cycle.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Yeah, Venture Plan has improved a lot over the past month or so. It still can't place troops for you, but its predictions are much better than the straight numerical comparisons you get in the weakaura and other garrison addon. Also the latest wowup betas can automatically update it now, which was a pain in the arse before. Time to switch if you haven't already.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    soulsobreeze on youtube has a video about several ones. I use all 3 he suggest. Its more work then old mission table addons. But still very easy.

Current ones show/calculate your chance of mission succes.

- - - Updated - - -

for alts it can give you gear.

Also it can give a steady/small stream of mats , anima and gold. Not a lot . But still a steady stream. And most missions are only 4 or 8 hours. AND you can use the table from the WoW companion app on your phone.
    I'm using Venture Plan for info gathering and CovenantMissionHelper for the actual assembling of teams. The latter has an optimize button that runs sims based on your placed team and rearranges it in a way to maximize longevity.
    Then I look at both addons to see if they both agree that the team will succeed, and go from there.

https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/venture-plan
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...tmissionhelper

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wowup isn't reliable for managing Venture Plan because the github that hosts it is maintained by someone else and as of this post isn't up to date. I've had people whine at me over why my addon looks different from theirs and they installed from the github URL.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wowup isn't reliable for managing Venture Plan because the github that hosts it is maintained by someone else and as of this post isn't up to date. I've had people whine at me over why my addon looks different from theirs and they installed from the github URL.
    Wrong. Or at least wrong usage.
    Don't install Venture Plan from that unofficial Github repository. Use WowUp version 2.1 (currently in beta), then you'll be able to install Venture Plan directly inside WowUp and it will update from the authors official site.

Btw, nice YouTube channel! I just recently found you from a random YouTube suggestion and quickly subscribed
    Last edited by cremor; 2021-02-04 at 08:01 AM.

I liked this mini feature in the past for additional reputation gains. But if its not mandatory to maintain, I dont mind any feature.

If you take the game serious enough to min-max worldquests for anima, its just a minimal extra time spend to use the mission table aswell.
    If you don't care about progression in the current content and since it is not even mandatory to do, why does it bother you?
    -

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Wrong. Or at least wrong usage.
    Don't install Venture Plan from that unofficial Github repository. Use WowUp version 2.1 (currently in beta), then you'll be able to install Venture Plan directly inside WowUp and it will update from the authors official site.

Btw, nice YouTube channel! I just recently found you from a random YouTube suggestion and quickly subscribed
    Ah I see that it's manually added by the wowup team directly, thanks =)

the more people send in their reports to the venture plan website, the more accurate it'll become. it's a really great addon, i'm just spewin i did a bunch of the campaign missions early, and now finding it hard to do some missions.

it can be pretty good for alts and gear, and also mats increase in quantity the higher you go in the campaign missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    the more people send in their reports to the venture plan website, the more accurate it'll become. it's a really great addon, i'm just spewin i did a bunch of the campaign missions early, and now finding it hard to do some missions.

it can be pretty good for alts and gear, and also mats increase in quantity the higher you go in the campaign missions.
    Doing a bunch of campaigns early is a trap. I managed to achieve the 4 level 60 missions rewarding mounts with followers around level 35 with my necrolord but it's not the norm for the other covenants. On my non necrolord chars, I don't plan on going further than level 15 adventures for the moment. The missions become exponentially harder and the rewards don't increase that much.

It's a steady and reliable source of income for a minimal time investment (I made a lot of gold selling enchanting mats and augment runes obtained via the mission table). And at some point the mission table sustains itself in anima via the anima missions. I like this mission table way more than the three previous iterations.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-02-04 at 12:25 PM.

I failed a few missions that first week of SL, then I learned how to position my adventurers correctly... haven't failed one since (although I skip some because I know I can't win it).

Basically read the enemies - don't place your adventures that have low hp in spots that are about to get hit with huge enemy attacks and always maximize how many enemies your adventures will hit with their attacks. Some troops you place in one circle and they attack 1 enemy, but you move them to another and they do the same attack and damage to 3 enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'm using Venture Plan for info gathering and CovenantMissionHelper for the actual assembling of teams. The latter has an optimize button that runs sims based on your placed team and rearranges it in a way to maximize longevity.
    Then I look at both addons to see if they both agree that the team will succeed, and go from there.
    It actually assembles the teams? The holy grail of SL table addons! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It doesn't assemble the teams unfortunately, it only positions your forces optimally to minimize the hp lost. Still an improvement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    you basically decide on what troops to for that mission and then there is an optimize button for most missions. some don't have it. i'm assuming its because there isn't a complete data base yet on all abilities yet. but it's at least 75-80% filled.

I’m at 17 “champion missions” done at with most heroes around level 30, but I still don’t get how the new missions proposed are calculated by the game, many of them are simply not doable due to the huge amount of attack power / troop hps requirements (thanks venture plan), what’s the point in proposing them anyways?

Also I wonder when these “missions with higher rewards” will arrive, as of now I saw 2 missions with a monut (one not doable due to absurd prereqs as I said before) and some others with 1000 rep with faction X (most of them not doable due, again, to mad prereqs).

Saw also some really rare Ash+Stygia missions (but quantity is laughable) and nothing more, gear rewards being locked at ilvl 184 since ages and anima rewards are always something between 50 and 70-80.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-04 at 06:12 PM.

Venture Plan, big recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Saw also some really rare Ash+Stygia missions (but quantity is laughable) and nothing more, gear rewards being locked at ilvl 184 since ages and anima rewards are always something between 50 and 70-80.
    I got a 194 staff from my mission table while I only did 10 champion missions on a char. I think it's more connected to your ilvl (and possibly your renown level, since the rewards upgraded with the renown level 29?)

Even with 20 champions missions done the max anima reward is still 70.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-02-04 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I got a 194 staff from my mission table while I only did 10 champion missions on a char. I think it's more connected to your ilvl (and possibly your renown level, since the rewards upgraded with the renown level 29?)

Even with 20 champions missions done the max anima reward is still 70.
    I don’t login every day (and there’s no venture plan on mobile so big NO for me) but I haven’t seen a single weapon reward as of now. Maybe a shield ages ago.

Ilvl is 201 and renown is 29. Maybe I have now higher ilvl objects in the table, will check when I login later in the evening. Can’t say I’m disappointed, but the fact that the “best” mission are not doable 50% of times sounds kinda weird.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    NO addon needed, as just a little thought wins. I occasionally lose the higher level exp missions though, when I stick the lower lvl minions on them.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I much prefer Covenant Mission Helper. It doesn't auto-fill your champions into the missions, but it lets you know if you'll win or lose, and can automatically reorganize the champions for the best result possible.