Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the expansion where major content patch was a selfie stick?
    Holy fuck that brings back hilarity. Released that and the community is like "You call this content with a selfie camera and twitter integration content? Fuck off". Would Imagine them at the company and saying "well WoD was huge bust. Release 6.2 and get Legion out asap."

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD classic? Totally no. Imo gameplay does not change much from WoD times :P There is one classic trilogy vanilla/tbc/wotlk
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-02-05 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 420 NoScope View Post
    Hey guys, I started playing in WoD, and I wanted to know if it's been long enough for it to count as classic yet, or if I need to wait a bit longer.
    Cataclysm predates WoD by years and is not considered classic, so don't get your troll hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Nothing can be classic BUT classic. Period. Classic is the original WoW before any expansions (though the exact patch varies from person to person). WoD is just an expansion in a long line of them, no more classic than Cata or Wrath or MoP.
    You’re gunna be real upset in a couple weeks then when they announce classic tbc

WoD was the best expansion.
    Sure, that selfie camera was top-notch content.

oh no, its retarded

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did not experience any of the expansions prior to WoD during their hey-day, so no, you cannot say this.

I joined in TBC and can assure you, I'd never seen WoW so /dead/ as during Warlords of Garrisons... Garrisons of Draenor? Even BFA managed to stay more alive, for how horrible it was.

That is not a best expansion unless best means best ability at killing off subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Holy fuck that brings back hilarity. Released that and the community is like "You call this content with a selfie camera and twitter integration content? Fuck off". Would Imagine them at the company and saying "well WoD was huge bust. Release 6.2 and get Legion out asap."
    And yet Legion STILL took too long to come out. Ugh
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2021-02-05 at 01:57 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    You’re gunna be real upset in a couple weeks then when they announce classic tbc
    I doubt they'd call it "Classic TBC", but rather just "Burning Crusade Servers". But who knows?

Actually WoD on the final patch would be quite nice to progress through. With several core issues fixed and the raids in quite good quality you can play WoD by playing once in a week. Would be a nice addition to playing retail.

As long as expansions give spikes anywhere NEAR what Classic gave WoW than they will be released like clockwork. A lot of people say that will fizzle out before WoD and others think it won't ever fizzle out. Who is right or wrong really doesn't matter because winning here and now in this thread does nothing. It is just to far out (some will try anyway). But if MoP Classic releases and is a big hit WoD is probably only a 1.5 to 2 years away from release.

The problem with a lot of the REALLY bad expansions was release cycle of content and how long the drought was at the end of the expansion. If you can remove those 2 things a lot of problems with these expansions dries up. Sure objectively you can argue which was better or worse but if content is dripping out at the correct rate you probably will be entertained by new raids, 5 mans, and systems if reliving older servers is your thing. I mean take WoD for example. They probably don't have a release cycle that is based around twitter integration would be my guess. Blackrock foundry won't be released as if it is still a side by side release of the first tier but rather as the second tier (as they made it pretty quickly in OG release afterwards). Six months between raid tiers and nothing happening probably doesn't happen. With all that said I still wouldn't personally love WoD. But some people out there certainly would and I wouldn't want to take that away from them. It is fine if Blizzard makes "Classic" everything servers imo as long as its making people happy and they will do it as long as its making them money.

I doubt they'd call it "Classic TBC", but rather just "Burning Crusade Servers". But who knows?
    Why wouldn’t they call it classic tbc? Do you know what the word classic means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn’t they call it classic tbc? Do you know what the word classic means?
    First, the OP was asking if WoD was classic as in is it part of Classic WoW now because of its age. The answer is no. There is only one Classic World of Warcraft.

Second, they may add TBC servers; it's a rumor that has been going around for a while. They might call them "Classic TBC" or just "Burning Crusade Servers". I don't know what they'll do. That doesn't make "Classic TBC" Classic WoW. Classic WoW is still vanilla World of Warcraft. That will never change. You can slap the label "classic" on anything you want, but based on how I interpreted the OP's question, the answer is no. Warlords of Draenor is not part of Classic WoW, and it never will be.

I wouldn't mind re-playing WoD if they actually finish it this time by adding all of the cut content and maybe more, which could make for a solid expansion. I doubt that its something worth investing in though. I'd only play the original WoD if it means that I can make bank on the unnerfed garrison gold missions and let it be my main source of income to pay my sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD Classic? smh...
    WoD can't ever be classic. Kek

This is probably a troll thread, however I have personally really enjoyed WoD's content. Wod had great content, a great plot (imo) and the gameplay itself was way better than what we've got today... however while the content was great, there was barely any of it, which is 90% of the reason why people even hated this expansion (though at this point hating it has become so normal that most people at this point just hate everything about it). Honestly, Blizzard should revisit Draenor at one point and add all the content they've planned for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is enough demand for anything beyond LK, but who knows. I'd be VERY surprised to see the worst expansion revived at any point.

First, the OP was asking if WoD was classic as in is it part of Classic WoW now because of its age. The answer is no. There is only one Classic World of Warcraft.

Second, they may add TBC servers; it's a rumor that has been going around for a while. They might call them "Classic TBC" or just "Burning Crusade Servers". I don't know what they'll do. That doesn't make "Classic TBC" Classic WoW. Classic WoW is still vanilla World of Warcraft. That will never change. You can slap the label "classic" on anything you want, but based on how I interpreted the OP's question, the answer is no. Warlords of Draenor is not part of Classic WoW, and it never will be.
    So by this logic, world of Warcraft is just ‘vanilla’ world of Warcraft. No other version of world of Warcraft is really ‘world of Warcraft’

10+ Year Old Account
    So by this logic, world of Warcraft is just ‘vanilla’ world of Warcraft. No other version of world of Warcraft is really ‘world of Warcraft’
    Stop being pedantic, please, you're splitting hairs.

I'll spell it out a little more plainly.

Classic World of Warcraft is one thing: the first, original version of WoW. Yes, you can make "classic" versions of other expansions, but they're not classic WoW, they're classic TBC or classic wrath or classic cata (though I'd argue the only real classics would be pre-Cata as that's the old world we all leveled in). That does not imply that other expansions aren't WoW, they're just not the original, classic version of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I just want Wrath back so I can have "easy destro lock" again and my 7 y.o. can do ICC for me
    personaly im looking forward to tbc more,as it feels more like an rpg than wrath did,but beyond that i kinda want cata back,besides all the cut content,re used assets and worst final patch in wow history,it was pretty fun for me personaly

Nothing can be classic BUT classic. Period. Classic is the original WoW before any expansions (though the exact patch varies from person to person). WoD is just an expansion in a long line of them, no more classic than Cata or Wrath or MoP.
    Lolwut? Classic will be TBC as well, should that come out, as anticipated.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic World of Warcraft is one thing: the first, original version of WoW. Yes, you can make "classic" versions of other expansions, but they're not classic WoW, they're classic TBC or classic wrath or classic cata (though I'd argue the only real classics would be pre-Cata as that's the old world we all leveled in). That does not imply that other expansions aren't WoW, they're just not the original, classic version of WoW.
    But, thats not what you said: "Nothing can be classic BUT classic". Not even mentioning that no one ever called Vanilla, "classic" before Classic WoW came out last year.