Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't an oversight though. If players won't play parts of the game then they don't get the reward. If play part of the game, the world quests, you'll get a steady flow of Anima with no more then an hour a day give or take depending on the speed of your play. The problem is that you, and others, are not willing to even do a little bit of the activities that will gain you the Anima but then complain that the system is broken.
    The problem is that you clearly didn't read the first part of my post, chose to ignore it, take things out of content and twist my words to the point where I am the one complaining about something while not willing to do something about it, which is clearly not the case, if you had read what I said.

I don't care about any of the anima content, but said I hoped it would get fixed for people that do, because when you sit at cap with one of two linked currencies by doing a single 5 mibute activity once a week, wasting any potential new currency while working an hour a day to get enough from the other one that can barely keep up is something that is rewarded disproportionally. If that wasn't an oversight, it's just a flawed design.

So once more, just to be perfectly clear since you seem to not understand half of what I said and pin shit on me while I clearly explained my position in the whole argument: I don't do any of the anima content, nor do I have to. I don't care about the sanctums, don't care about the transmogs, mounts or any of that stuff and I said I was glad it was optional. I just hope it improves for all the people that are interested in it and clearly do have a problem with how it works.
    Last edited by BigZik; 2021-02-02 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZik View Post
    The problem is that you clearly didn't read the first part of my post, chose to ignore it, take things out of content and twist my wordwvto the point where I am the one complaining about something while not willing to do something about it, which is clearly not the case if you read what I said.
    I read it. It is just wrong. It doesn't matter if you don't care about the content because it is still not an oversight on Blizzard's end. I am sitting at 9.7k anima. I bought a second level 3 upgrade today and I am now waiting on souls in order to buy the next level 3 upgrade. Since I have 9.7k anima after the upgrade bought today I will easily get 10k by the time I am able to get more souls. If you play the content you get Anima. Weird right? Calling it a flawed design simply because you don't understand it or don't want to do the content is dumb.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I read it. It is just wrong. It doesn't matter if you don't care about the content because it is still not an oversight on Blizzard's end. I am sitting at 9.7k anima. I bought a second level 3 upgrade today and I am now waiting on souls in order to buy the next level 3 upgrade. Since I have 9.7k anima after the upgrade bought today I will easily get 10k by the time I am able to get more souls. If you play the content you get Anima. Weird right? Calling it a flawed design simply because you don't understand it or don't want to do the content is dumb.
    Again you didn't read quite what I said. Please at least bother reading what I said.

Firstly, you "read it but it is wrong"? How am I wrong for chosing not to participate in certain content? If you read my second post, you'd know that I took problem with the way you said I am complaining like many others. So I'm going to try one last time because you nitpicking parts of posts, blaming things on people that were not applicable to whatever what was written in the first place: I choose not to do the content nor do I have to, so I personally have no problem with the system. I just hope it gets adjusted for the many people that clearly do have a problem with it.

Secondly, please stop suggesting I don't know how the reward system works. Of course I understand that if you do not do something, you don't get the rewards for doing so. Never once did I even bring that up or, if you read what I said, give any impression that this was what I was expecting.

Regardless of caps or not: one part of a whole taking 10 minutes a week and the other taking several hours a week, is disproportionate no mater how you look at it and is certainly something that can be improved on.
    Last edited by BigZik; 2021-02-02 at 07:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, please stop suggesting I don't know how the reward system works. Of course I understand that if you do not do something, you don't get the rewards for doing so. Never once did I even bring that up or, if you read what I said, give any impression that this was what I was expecting. Regardless of caps or not: one part of a whole taking 10 minutes a week and the other taking several hours a week, is disproportionate no mater how you look at it and is certainly something that can be improved on.
    You claimed Blizzard dropped the ball and it has to be an oversight on their end. You did bring it up by putting blame on Blizzard for players that don't want to put effort into the system. It isn't disproportionate because the two are rewarded in completely different ways. They can't be compared. One is rewarded with a one time weekly quest. The others are gained over time.

It is never something that can be improved upon because Blizzard will never give you enough anima from a 10 min weekly quest to get an upgrade. That is the only way to improve what you keep saying is the problem. Because anything else keeps it disproportionate. Weird right? That your improvement doesn't actually fix any of the problem you keep saying is a problem.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Or you don't do it and are just 1 week behind thanks to catchup.
    And not all specs even care about the final few soulbinds.
    They mostly seem like pvp or tank oriented from what I've seen(I don't have any Necros)

You claimed Blizzard dropped the ball and it has to be an oversight on their end. You did bring it up by putting blame on Blizzard for players that don't want to put effort into the system. It isn't disproportionate because the two are rewarded in completely different ways. They can't be compared. One is rewarded with a one time weekly quest. The others are gained over time.

It is never something that can be improved upon because Blizzard will never give you enough anima from a 10 min weekly quest to get an upgrade. That is the only way to improve what you keep saying is the problem. Because anything else keeps it disproportionate. Weird right? That your improvement doesn't actually fix any of the problem you keep saying is a problem.
    If it cannot be improved upon, it would most definitely be a faulty design. Bringing down all anima gains to a weekly 10 minute investment isn't a solution, nor did I claim it to be. I pointed out it was a problem, which, by looking at the amount of complaints about it, it clearly is to a lot of people.

There are so many ways to balance the two to be more in line with each other. Be it overhauling the reward structure, or small things like at least putting in the effort of balancing anima gain vs. time invested. Why does a world quest that takes two minutes reward the same anima, sometimes even more, as one that takes 5 minutes or more? Why does a mythic+ or raid encounter that takes way more time and effort, reward a third of the anima of a 2 minute world quest? It's almost like there are more options to bring it more in line with each other than you think. Weird, right?

Just because it isn't a problem for me, someone who doesn't bother with it, or you, someone who grinds out all world quests, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. But fuck everyone else, as long as it works for you, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    If it cannot be improved upon, it would most definitely be a faulty design. Bringing down all anima gains to a weekly 10 minute investment isn't a solution, nor did I claim it to be. I pointed out it was a problem, which, by looking at the amount of complaints about it, it clearly is to a lot of people.
    But you did because that is what you keep comparing it too and keep saying it is not in proportion too. The only way it will be in proportion is if both take 10 mins to do. Otherwise it will always be disproportionate. Which is what you've spent several posts now saying is the problem with Anima currently. That it isn't proportionate to the time it takes to gain souls.

None of your options would bring it more in line with gaining souls. Increasing rewards from instances will still mean you have a disproportionate time invested in gaining Anima versus Souls. Weird right? That for the second time now a potentially solution doesn't change what you've kept saying the problem is. Running instances also won't be proportionate to WQ's because world quests are easy and simple to do. If you have to complain versus a quest taking 5 mins instead of 2 mins then we already know the system is fine. Because you have to find petty and nitpicking to complain about.

I don't even grind out all of the world quests. Which is the amusing part how people keep going to extreme's to label people who actually put in a little effort. 90% of the time I just do world quests once a day and whatever happens to be up for that day. Depending on free time I might do more. Or if I have to wait on queue's or stuff. But it is easy to gain a decent amount of Anima without doing every world quest that pops up each day.

It isn't F everyone else. It is everyone else should be willing to actually partake in the existing system in order to get rewards. Instead of having the system changed so they get it all with little to no time invested.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you collect that over two weeks, that's 7-8 WQs per day, if you do not get any anima from other sources. Does that really sound so crazy?
    It does, considering that the upgrades barely do anything for me. Not even quality of life things.

Its... just so minor stuff, for a somewhat large effort. I feel like they need to significantly buff the t3 upgrades to make them worth considering going for.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It does, considering that the upgrades barely do anything for me. Not even quality of life things.

Its... just so minor stuff, for a somewhat large effort. I feel like they need to significantly buff the t3 upgrades to make them worth considering going for.
    Well, if you have no incentive to get them, them being from your perspective expensive isn't really a relevant issue. You still wouldn't have any reason to get them if they weren't.

Eventually, I'm sure they'll give some type of buff to anima collection. If you have a shop that requires two types of currencies, one which is scarce and the other which has a cap, then the idea is stupid. You're forcing one of the currencies to basically be perma capped except for the brief window after you do a purchase.

Decrease the anima cost now for things who certainly anger some people who have grinded for it and already paid thousands, so the easiest way is to either reduce the number of souls needed on purchases or increase the about of anima casual players can aquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalis View Post
    Eventually, I'm sure they'll give some type of buff to anima collection. If you have a shop that requires two types of currencies, one which is scarce and the other which has a cap, then the idea is stupid. You're forcing one of the currencies to basically be perma capped except for the brief window after you do a purchase.

Decrease the anima cost now for things who certainly anger some people who have grinded for it and already paid thousands, so the easiest way is to either reduce the number of souls needed on purchases or increase the about of anima casual players can aquire.
    It won't happen anytime soon.

At the very least they should've had the foresight to see people reaching the soul cap and not being able to get anima fast enough to spend them and added a way to spend souls on something to keep it from being a problem. Like turning extra souls into anima.

As the months go on their lack of foresight with this expansion is more and more apparent.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-05 at 07:15 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

I've just been completely ignoring anima and souls for the last 3 weeks and have felt 0 repercussions for it. I'm not falling behind on Renown since the World Bosses have an extremely high chance to give a catch-up token and the other one I get within the first few bosses of Nathria and the rewards for farming Anima and Souls are so pathetically worthless that it's not worth the effort to log in and do anything.

I'm a little sad, I was really enjoying SL in the first couple weeks, but now that we've settled in to the repetition of content the game feels really un-fun to play. M+ as a healer is awful, Alts are stuck in the exact same loop as mains and the optional farming is TOO optional. If it weren't for Mythic prog I'd likely have unsubbed a month ago.

Also, the Maw is still a shit zone even with a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, if you have no incentive to get them, them being from your perspective expensive isn't really a relevant issue. You still wouldn't have any reason to get them if they weren't.
    yeah, thats what my first post said... You went full circle :P

As i said ive been ignoring them for one and a half month now them because the meager rewards doesnt seem worth the hefty prize...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

But you did because that is what you keep comparing it too and keep saying it is not in proportion too. The only way it will be in proportion is if both take 10 mins to do. Otherwise it will always be disproportionate. Which is what you've spent several posts now saying is the problem with Anima currently. That it isn't proportionate to the time it takes to gain souls.

None of your options would bring it more in line with gaining souls. Increasing rewards from instances will still mean you have a disproportionate time invested in gaining Anima versus Souls. Weird right? That for the second time now a potentially solution doesn't change what you've kept saying the problem is. Running instances also won't be proportionate to WQ's because world quests are easy and simple to do. If you have to complain versus a quest taking 5 mins instead of 2 mins then we already know the system is fine. Because you have to find petty and nitpicking to complain about.

I don't even grind out all of the world quests. Which is the amusing part how people keep going to extreme's to label people who actually put in a little effort. 90% of the time I just do world quests once a day and whatever happens to be up for that day. Depending on free time I might do more. Or if I have to wait on queue's or stuff. But it is easy to gain a decent amount of Anima without doing every world quest that pops up each day.

It isn't F everyone else. It is everyone else should be willing to actually partake in the existing system in order to get rewards. Instead of having the system changed so they get it all with little to no time invested.
    Ahh the old" I grinded it all out so it is fine and everyone else should have to do it too". You may think the system is fine, but a lot of other people don't. Thus system is not fine. Tweaks absotuely do and should be made to increase the anima gains.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-02-05 at 01:16 PM.

anima is the archeology of shadowlands. bad stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    what’s the big deal if we lose some souls to the soul cap?
    For me, it feels bad to overcap a resource the game forces you to collect every week.

As I've said elsewhere, anima rewards should be quadrupled across the entire expansion. It's crazy that many WQs taking 10 minutes of effort reward 35 anima when it costs 10k to upgrade one piece of your covenant or 3k for a cloak transmog.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-02-05 at 02:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Ahh the old" I grinded it all out so it is fine and everyone else should have to do it too". You may think the system is fine, but a lot of other people don't. Thus system is not fine. Tweaks absotuely do and should be made to increase the anima gains.
    Ahh the old "I don't want to do the work so everyone else must be wrong". Can some amounts be tweaked? Sure but it doesn't need a large increase. Because anima gain is fine if you do the World Quests. Everything about what Anima is used for is created more content for the world. So if you won't do that content to gain anima then there is no reason to spend anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, anima rewards should be quadrupled across the entire expansion. It's crazy that many WQs taking 10 minutes of effort reward 35 anima when it costs 10k to upgrade one piece of your covenant or 3k for a cloak transmog.
    There are very few anima quests that take 10 mins of effort. The ones that do are usually the elite world quests and when they reward Anima it is never 35. But if a WQ does take you personally 10 mins why are you doing it for just 35 anima? You don't need to do every single one. You have continually brought exaggeration into this and refuse to approach it realistically.

If you don't care about an upgrade or a transmog then you won't care about anima gains. Because that is all the gains are for. You keep trying to assign an greater importance to Anima while at the same time downplaying the rewards you get. Weird right? It is even weirder how you say you don't want to over cap a resources but by quadrupling Anima you'll effectively cap it.

If Blizzard keeps the 35k cap then plenty of people will be capped each week. If they remove the cap then people will be "effectively" capped because they won't have anything left to spend it on without waiting for souls. You don't care about the bad feeling from overcapping a resource. You just want everything with little effort put in.

People who have had enough anima are waiting on 154 more souls. For those 154 souls the remaining upgrades cost 47k anima. These numbers will change slightly based on the order people have already upgraded. Assuming 7k a week that would be now 28k a week. It will take 8 more weeks to get those 154 souls (15 next week, 20 a week after that).

That means in 8 weeks you will get 224,000 Anima if they increased rewards by 4 from this point going forward. Which is way more then you need to get everything. You aren't thinking through the system that well.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-05 at 03:05 PM.

What do you even use them for? Just the covenant upgrades? I literally have unlocked like 2. I've never felt less compelled to engage in an expansion feature in my life. And it's great. Who gives a shit about a recolour covenant armour? what a waste of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    anima numbers are just so fucked. you get nothing and the little you do gets eaten up by missions and especially the healing of the followers. im nowhere close to any building upgrades. i the last building i spent anima on was a week after release because a quest told me to.

they better add some vendor to trade souls for anima and make the emissary quests reward anima
    I havent done any mission, is here a point in doing them?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water