Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I wonder though if I will have to use save game editor to fix import bugs locking out few things in ME3 or if they have fixed them.
    No way they have not done a pass on this, considering their goal of unifying the entire trilogy properly.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Crucible could've worked okay if they just had the sense to end it when Shepard is sitting next to Andersson after pushing the button, watching the giant space laser go off.

They didn't, making it ten times worse than it could've been if it had been just cut short a couple of minutes, albeit probably still somewhat disappointing as an ending. It cannot be understated just how hugely the inclusion of that segment with the child impacted things.
    That, but I also mean that we just conveniently find the thing at the beginning of the game. IMO the plans should have been pulled from the Collector Base at the end of ME2 by EDI digging into its files, to bridge the gap between the two games better.

The entire section with the Catalyst is when the ending really, really goes off the rails into crazy land, yeah. I feel the choice between Destroy and Control is a valid one, but Synthesis was terrible both from a thematic point of view and because, while Mass Effect was never a hard sci-fi setting, dissolving yourself in a beam of light so that a machine can turn literally every living organism in the galaxy, down to the blades of grass, into weird glowing synthetic-organic hybrids instantly with no side effects is just too much space magic for my books.

Plus, then entire thing would have worked a bit better had Leviathan been in the base game. They released a DLC explaining wtf is this thing in the ending... after the game released. That's just dumb.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

SPeaking of the ending, some old devs have weighed in on the issue: https://www.thegamer.com/mass-effect...-dev-opinions/

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Crucible could've worked okay if they just had the sense to end it when Shepard is sitting next to Andersson after pushing the button, watching the giant space laser go off.

They didn't, making it ten times worse than it could've been if it had been just cut short a couple of minutes, albeit probably still somewhat disappointing as an ending. It cannot be understated just how hugely the inclusion of that segment with the child impacted things.
    Yeah, essentially everything that came after the talk with Andersson was quite bad. Apart from the "pick a colour"-choice I really disliked how they explained the Reapers.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    SPeaking of the ending, some old devs have weighed in on the issue: https://www.thegamer.com/mass-effect...-dev-opinions/
    Interesting, but I still think the end was shit lol. The whole "ME 3 as a whole is the ending" is fine, but the actual end to that ending was a way too big of a let down. I think everything else is fine with ME3, no complaints, it just goes to shit once you kill the final boss "Marauder Shields" and enter the Citadel.

I always liked the Shepard Indoctrination theory that was going around back then, too bad it wasn't real...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, no more Miranda "butt shots". Also, looks like they kept the ending to ME3.

If you have them on PC do not bother. Just mod the game, all this is already done better by modders. even the modding tool was made super easy, there is a modding tool that extract and do all the work for you and also works on all 3 mass effects in the same app to keep modding your entire trilogy on steam or origin SUPER easy. Even the better character customization and ME3 femshep inside ME1 and ME2 was done a while ago. If there is no content, dont bother on PC. On console it can be a fun pack like dark souls trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    If you have them on PC do not bother. Just mod the game, all this is already done better by modders. even the modding tool was made super easy, there is a modding tool that extract and do all the work for you and also works on all 3 mass effects in the same app to keep modding your entire trilogy on steam or origin SUPER easy. Even the better character customization and ME3 femshep inside ME1 and ME2 was done a while ago. If there is no content, dont bother on PC. On console it can be a fun pack like dark souls trilogy.
    oh thanks for that! the only reluctant sort of maaaybe I want it, that I had was that installing mods for mass effect games is a bit of an... adventure. i used to have all my games fully modded too but I have changed PC's since then, so I would have to start from scratch.... but with mod manager? trilogy replay, here I come

Interesting, might give this a go. I may get the upgraded trilogy on console at some later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    oh thanks for that! the only reluctant sort of maaaybe I want it, that I had was that installing mods for mass effect games is a bit of an... adventure. i used to have all my games fully modded too but I have changed PC's since then, so I would have to start from scratch.... but with mod manager? trilogy replay, here I come
    ME modding is done with 2 tool One for texture and one for everything else. App for Texture is named Alot. App for everything else is called ME3tweaks. Both works with all 3 games at the same time. You mod stuff first, then texture and you are golden. Alot is so simple inside the App you get a list of most common and best texture modes for all 3 games with links to download them even. Then you run the App and override the game original textures and prerended videos to 4k.

Mass effect being all Unreal engine games made modding super easy in general to begin with. Just make sure you have auto update off on origin or steam so that the game doesent try to repair files on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait for more tired faces

Honestly I've tried to do this but the first Mass Effect game is just horrible that I'm hoping that Bioware brings the gameplay stuff over from ME2.
    Modes just have limits.

ME modding is done with 2 tool One for texture and one for everything else. App for Texture is named Alot. App for everything else is called ME3tweaks. Both works with all 3 games at the same time. You mod stuff first, then texture and you are golden. Alot is so simple inside the App you get a list of most common and best texture modes for all 3 games with links to download them even. Then you run the App and override the game original textures and prerended videos to 4k.

Mass effect being all Unreal engine games made modding super easy in general to begin with. Just make sure you have auto update off on origin or steam so that the game doesent try to repair files on its own.
    been messing around with mods all evening, just went to nexus and found all the ones you manage above, but thank you for the writeup, appreciate it the only thing I'm having trouble with right now is disabling auto updating for ME1. I have it on steam rather then origin like ME2 and 3 (I actualy have ME2 on steam as well, but decided to install origin version due to DLC installation being easier there for me)

I also found some gameplay tweaks mods, though I probably won't be using them, just do ye olde "download someone's full safe that unlocks all the gameplay options" trick

as far as i understood, remaster is not changing the game play completely for ME1, just tweaks it slightly. lucky for me, I perversely enjoy ME1 gameplay, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    so few remasters are actually worth the wait, can we just get the next title in the series? Remasters are about as interesting as the live action versions of disney movies we've already seen.

Dissappointing.
    I get the feeling the point of the remaster is to connect new people with the original trilogy along with get old fans back on track to forget Andromeda since it looks like they are making a new ME game. Of course once you get beyond the cash grab factor (which is 99% of it).

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly I've tried to do this but the first Mass Effect game is just horrible that I'm hoping that Bioware brings the gameplay stuff over from ME2.
    Modes just have limits.
    no gameplay changes. only cosmetic stuff.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    no gameplay changes. only cosmetic stuff.
    Incorrect.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Gxgmdo_d8/edit

The gameplay changes are small but overall pretty neat, such as improving ME1's gunplay or the apparently adjusted morality checks; ME2 in particular just heavily punished you for not going full Paragon or Renegade, whereas ME3 fixed this problem entirely by just tracking your overall reputation level.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The gameplay changes are small but overall pretty neat, such as improving ME1's gunplay or the apparently adjusted morality checks; ME2 in particular just heavily punished you for not going full Paragon or Renegade, whereas ME3 fixed this problem entirely by just tracking your overall reputation level.
    The paragon/renegade change is the most hype for me. I didn't think about it and just went with what I felt made sense for my character and ended up with a more "gray" morality in each game...which always managed to fuck me out of a bunch of extra shit because I wasn't mindlessly choosing blue or red to the exclusion of the other.

why are you like this?

there is no massive gameplay changes. its 90% cosmetic and fixing some old issues.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    why are you like this?

there is no massive gameplay changes. its 90% cosmetic and fixing some old issues.
    Because there are changes. I know you're on the "Just mod it!" train, but for me like, this is great. I dig the changes being made for the most part and the upres looks solid. I'll pick it up on sale because I generally can't be bothered to deal with finicky mods anymore. If I don't have to mod to get the experience I want, I won't.

If you don't mind messing with mods and all, rad, more power to you. But plenty of us don't mind dropping some money on the remaster so we don't have to muck about with anything. It'll be on sale eventually anyways so I'll pick it up on the cheap as I did with the games when they came out.