Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

A weird thing happened right after the Nov. 3 election: nothing.

The nation was braced for chaos. Liberal groups had vowed to take to the streets, planning hundreds of protests across the country. Right-wing militias were girding for battle. In a poll before Election Day, 75% of Americans voiced concern about violence...
    (Source)

I am sure the ability of a secretive "Cabal" (Their word) of corporate and philanthropic backers operating in the shadows to "steer media coverage and control the flow of information" (Again, their phrase from TIME journalist) is not in any way insidious or negative... 'totes a good thing right? It's not like this kind of power has been historically exercised to manufacture consent for say wars, like in Iraq as a random nonspecific example or discredit social movements like Occupy or anything again as nonspecific example. And people still stay Herman and Chomsky were paranoid. However, their choice of words is particularly hilarious, "There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes..."; like, dang, being a little too on the nose right?

Side note, I guess Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent wins again.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-05 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I was wondering how long would you lurk in the shadows before you came back to push some fresh neo Nazi propaganda piece.

It's always just a matter of time.

What happened can simply be summed up as such...

Sometimes progressives, conservatives, labor and capital can make strange bedfellows when threatened by death camps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    neo Nazi propaganda piece.
    Ah yes, Time Magazine, truly the Der Stürmer of our time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    TL;DR...summary?
    The media wised up to how Trump played them like a fiddle in 2016 in terms of providing him free publicity and decided not to be as facile this time around, therefore according to Theo it's representative of a shadow campaign of manufacturing consent for....

Something.

I'm sure this is the Democrats' fault somehow. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (Source)

I am sure the ability of a secretive "Cabal" (Their word) of corporate and philanthropic backers operating in the shadows to "steer media coverage and control the flow of information" (Again, their phrase from TIME journalist) is not in any way insidious or negative... 'totes a good thing right? It's not like this kind of power has been historically exercised to manufacture consent for say wars, like in Iraq as a random nonspecific example or discredit social movements like Occupy or anything again as nonspecific example. And people still stay Herman and Chomsky were paranoid. However, their choice of words is particularly hilarious, "There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes..."; like, dang, being a little too on the nose right?

Side note, I guess Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent wins again.
    That's a lot of words to say that some people didn't want to vote for a shitty racist, so they campaigned against him.

Trump lost, get over it.

the conclusion to this piece is deranged.

anyone who actually watches this stuff expected an attempt to storm the capitol and expected it not to succeed.
    counter protesters could have prevented the right wingers from reaching the capitol building by
    1) taking up physical space
    2) making the police actually work because they seem to beef up when there is a leftist standing within 100 yards
    the argument is 'the rioters didn't actually reach the legislators so our plan worked'
    doing nothing is physically safe! until it isnt....
    not only is this comically stupid, hearing from people who only face the far right from behind their computer screens, who will never face the violence, can frankly shut the fuck up. The far right only start violence when they have overwhelming numbers, meet them with equal or more and they back down. until morons like this article writer learn this there will be far right street violence.

the last section of the article is fully :

what a load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    TL;DR...summary?
    TLDR:

She's pissed that Trump lost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I was wondering how long would you lurk in the shadows before you came back to push some fresh neo Nazi propaganda piece.
    TIME.COM is Neo-Nazi propaganda folks, you heard it here first! Molly Ball, or Molly "Six Million More!" Ball as she is known in the secret Alt-Right collective, and mouth piece of the Hacker known as 4chan!

Look at this sick Neo-Nazi Molly Ball!
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

TIME.COM is Neo-Nazi propaganda folks, you heard it here first! Molly Ball, or Molly "Six Million More!" Ball as she is known in the secret Alt-Right collective, and mouth piece of the Hacker known as 4chan!

I'm not sure you Trumpsters will ever recover from your election loss.

You really should be moving through the stages of grief a bit faster. You're only to anger.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I really wish there was a mass conspiracy in the background like a shadow world government.

Because it would simply mean humanity is actually capable of putting shit aside for a government competent enough to manage all other governments in the world. And stay hidden!

The people working there must be very capable in multiple fields of knowledge.

But I know the truth is there is no mass conspiracy it’s just massive amounts of stupid people creating fantasies to blame for their own laziness and failures.

10+ Year Old Account

He meant your commentary after the article...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    But I know the truth is there is no mass conspiracy it’s just massive amounts of stupid people creating fantasies to blame for their own laziness and failures.
    There can’t be a conspiracy, when we had Obama followed by Trump... who is the malevolent force that would do that? Loki?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He meant your commentary after the article...

- - - Updated - - -

There can’t be a conspiracy, when we had Obama followed by Trump... who is the malevolent force that would do that? Loki?
    Loki for President! At least he was shown to care about others at one point.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted.
    I mean I got about this far before wondering if there was some actual kind of nefarious plot or if this is just an interesting example of disparate groups sharing a common goal mobilizing together to achieve that goal.

The rest of it seems like a fuckin slog, is it worth it? I haven't had my covfefe yet so I'm not ready to brave the rest of the text quite yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I really wish there was a mass conspiracy in the background like a shadow world government.

Because it would simply mean humanity is actually capable of putting shit aside for a government competent enough to manage all other governments in the world. And stay hidden!

The people working there must be very capable in multiple fields of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean I got about this far before wondering if there was some actual kind of nefarious plot or if this is just an interesting example of disparate groups sharing a common goal mobilizing together to achieve that goal.

The rest of it seems like a fuckin slog, is it worth it? I haven't had my covfefe yet so I'm not ready to brave the rest of the text quite yet.
    IDK, I have a feeling if the "Shadow Campaign" and "Cabal" (Molly's words) were headed by people born in Russia this would be considered the worst election manipulation and garner a serious congressional inquiry and occupy LITERALLY years of oxygen in Washington and the media. We would be told it was LITERALLY an attack and act of WAR!

I do kind of like the spin. Political groups did things = shadowy secret dark room deep state plotters done did affected the election!

Like, I guess stuff like this comes as a surprise to some folks, that such groups do stuff to try and aid the candidate that they support, and that it isn't something that is plastered upon every wall for you to know about gives it a certain conspiracy allure.

Next up, scientists have secret plots to affect the government to support certain research.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

5+ Year Old Account
    IDK, I have a feeling if the "Shadow Campaign" and "Cabal" (Molly's words) were headed by people born in Russia this would be considered the worst election manipulation and garner a serious congressional inquiry and occupy LITERALLY years of oxygen in Washington and the media. We would be told it was LITERALLY an attack and act of WAR!
    You know what is an act of war?

The many years of shit public education in US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loki for President! At least he was shown to care about others at one point.
    I knew I should have said Puck or Coyote... I was going for the mischievous part... it has to be a joke...

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Are you sure it’s not austerity? How about Hunter Biden? Any comment on the Biden impeachment?

Want to start another thread about Newsom conspiring about covid, to get tech into your home? FYI... what are you posting on? Smoke signals?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-05 at 05:20 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I do kind of like the spin. Political groups did things = shadowy secret dark room deep state plotters done did affected the election!

Like, I guess stuff like this comes as a surprise to some folks, that such groups do stuff to try and aid the candidate that they support, and that it isn't something that is plastered upon every wall for you to know about gives it a certain conspiracy allure.

Next up, scientists have secret plots to affect the government to support certain research.
    Don't blame me, this is all Molly's choice of words. Plus, I have a strong sense that if what is being proudly celebrated in this article involved say some people with a Russian surname, this would be considered dangerous interference and an act of war and damaging to democracy.

Don't blame me, this is all Molly's choice of words. Plus, I have a strong sense that if what is being proudly celebrated in this article involved say some people with a Russian surname, this would be considered dangerous interference and an act of war and damaging to democracy.
    I thought you said that they were Russian born? I checked a few names and they didn't seem to be.

What if they were Russian born? That's not evidence they were Russian agents or affiliated with Russia now. Unlike say, the IRA and the Russians with ties to the Kremlin actually caught interfering with the 2016 election. And like Butina being a honeypot for gun-loving conservative political influencers.

This is an incredibly bad take.