Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Good start I guess, but IMO all Anima gains need to be upped by a good 50% if not more, and M+ should grant even more. It's not like powergamers will farm it endlessly, Anima grants only cosmetics and conveniences past the initial 1000/week, but the costs are so high that I (and others) don't even bother with anima in the first place.
    That would take just 3 weeks to hit the 35k cap because 7k a week is easily doable from about an hour or WQ each day. (14x3 is 42) Some days less some days more. This isn't doing everything that is up but just whatever is up at a specific time. The costs are really not that high if you are actually engaging in the world the content. The upgrades open up more world content which you are not even doing in the first place.

People are putting this weird importance on Anima when they don't even do the content. A lot of the expansion is set up to encourage more open world content and a lot of the people complaining about anima are not actually doing that content anyways. The items that off world content buffs, dailies, WQ's, etc that all appear from the upgrades.

It also over looks that souls are the limiting factor. If you have gained enough anima each week to buy upgrades you could have two level 3's and 3 level 2's this week. That means we need 8 more weeks of souls to buy the rest of the upgrades (154 at 15 next week and 20 each week after that). That would put you at 112k Anima by the time you have souls to buy the upgrades if we just double the rewards across the board. The remaining upgrades only take 47k more Anima.

The anima is there is people want to actually play the game. If you don't want to play the game then there is little reason to have enough Anima to buy the upgrades (or cosmetics) in the first place.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That would take just 3 weeks to hit the 35k cap because 7k a week is easily doable from about an hour or WQ each day. (14x3 is 42) Some days less some days more. This isn't doing everything that is up but just whatever is up at a specific time. The costs are really not that high if you are actually engaging in the world the content. The upgrades open up more world content which you are not even doing in the first place.

People are putting this weird importance on Anima when they don't even do the content. A lot of the expansion is set up to encourage more open world content and a lot of the people complaining about anima are not actually doing that content anyways. The items that off world content buffs, dailies, WQ's, etc that all appear from the upgrades.

It also over looks that souls are the limiting factor. If you have gained enough anima each week to buy upgrades you could have two level 3's and 3 level 2's this week. That means we need 8 more weeks of souls to buy the rest of the upgrades (154 at 15 next week and 20 each week after that). That would put you at 112k Anima by the time you have souls to buy the upgrades if we just double the rewards across the board. The remaining upgrades only take 47k more Anima.

The anima is there is people want to actually play the game. If you don't want to play the game then there is little reason to have enough Anima to buy the upgrades (or cosmetics) in the first place.
    That assumes people want to clear the map of WQs every day- I sure as fuck don't and I doubt many do TBH. I usually do my Callings and call it a day, often taking care of 3 at once for efficiency, because I play this game to raid and dungeoneer, not to do boring ass WQs. Maybe I'd do a bit more if the Anima payout was better and it felt rewarding to do so, but as of now if I, say, want the red Venthyr plate set, I need 3500/piece, for 9 pieces. Anima WQs would give on average 100 a pop (being generous) that means 35 WQs per piece, or 315 WQs total. Frankly, I got better shit to do for one damn set. And I'm not even counting the Grateful Offerings obviously.

The upgrades open up lots more than world content; the Ember Court is a nice scenario but the best progress and rewards are gated behind tens of thousands of Anima's worth of research, so ultimately I stopped bothering with that as well for now. Mounts and mog sets, as I said, cost tons and tons of it as well.

And why wouldn't people who do lots of Anima-focused world content be done in several months's worth of 2 hours of grinding every single day? What's the issue here? That just means the rest of us have a chance to get the stuff we want before the next patch hits or the xpack ends. Anima grinding is hardly the only thing you can do in the open world after all. Even if a few people are done there's always going to be folks up and about.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

how about just putting anima in calling also ya?

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Ok, so right now, my priest I havent played for 2 weeks has 30 timed 10+ runs, lets add another 10 not timed for good measure and extrapolate that if i'd kept up the pace of 5 dungs weekly I'd be sitting at 50 completed 10+dungs right now. At 70 extra anima per run, we're looking at a whopping 3500 anima for all that effort, so a third of a single t3 covenant upgrade. Am I the only one who thinks this is nowhere enough?
    9.1 wasn't even announced yet. You want to be done and then probably complain there is nothing to do.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Increased Anima Rewards from Dungeons and Raid Bosses
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    With the next weekly reset (Tuesday, February 9 in this region) the amount of Anima dropped by Mythic Keystone Dungeons and Raid bosses will increase. Specifically:

• Completing a Mythic Keystone at +7 to 9 will now award 2 Rare Anima items.
    • Completing a Mythic Keystone at +10 and higher will now awards 3 Rare Anima items.
    • The first 8 bosses in Castle Nathria will now drop 3 Anima items.
    • Stone Generals and Sire Denathrius will now drop 5 Anima items.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this!
    I'd say I'm surprised they needed feedback to know how shit it was. It's Blizzard so I'm not. WoW is in great hands folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    They need to add it elsewhere too. Spent 2 days on alt catching up with renown and still at 30/1000 for weekly. Anima should be a reward for doing any activity in-game.
    You would have to literally avoid every single activity in the game that gives anima (so, like, every activity in the game) to be at 30/1000. Every single reset day there's 2 or even 3 wqs that give 250 (world boss, one or two elite wqs connected with calling), you can do your 1k in about 30 minutes or less, with some luck/fast travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    how about just putting anima in calling also ya?
    Your covenant, the guys which give you the calling boxes, don't have anima. You're the one who brings anima to them.

one day the beta of sl mayhaps be over but the day is no yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    9.1 wasn't even announced yet. You want to be done and then probably complain there is nothing to do.
    This has nothing to do with being done. For all intents and purposes, I consider myself being done with the priest and instead I'm (very slowly) taking up another toon. I'm completely fine with there being nothing to do. If anything, I'm proponent of there being nothing to do.

This has everything to do with the fact, that apart from 1000 anima/week, which is obtained easily doing weekly activities, the currency is completely worthless if the main focus of your gameplay is making your character more powerful.
    You can spend it on cosmetics - which are very hit or miss, and apart from the Kyrian cloth set and maybe something for a DK (which I don't really intend to play in forseeable future) seem fairly underwhelming, rather minor QOL features and some RP bullshit that I just do not care about at all.

Even if I was interested in the RP/cosmetic/convenience features of covenants, 105 anima is literally a drop in the sea I need to achieve something meaningful with it. Hell, even the 3500 I'd gotten extra if this balancing was live from launch would hardly get me anywhere.

And that's the issue right there. When I'm going to M+, I'm going there to increase the power of my character (my 15 11+ plaguefalls during a tyrannical week are clear proof of that), not to get a little bit of currency that, if I run the dung 100 more times, will enable me to do some RP BS.
    I understand they can't just give everyone everything they want right away, but running a dungeon 15 times and having nothing other than 525 (or 1575 with the new tuning) anima to show for it is clearly on the other side of the spectrum. And let me tell you, it is not fun.
    Especially when you then open the weekly vault, you get the 2 bad CC reduction trinkets and a ring with shit stats in the PVP part, bracers, shoulders (legendary slots) and neck with shit stats in the m+ part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Your covenant, the guys which give you the calling boxes, don't have anima. You're the one who brings anima to them.
    Anima comes from souls that pass into the afterlife. I still haven't figure why the covenants haven't figure out to just grab the souls that are heading into the maw so they have their fuel cells. Then sort out where they need to go after we fix everything.

Very much late, but I guess better than never. Also nowhere near worth it, especially from raids, so what ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    That assumes people want to clear the map of WQs every day- I sure as fuck don't and I doubt many do TBH. I usually do my Callings and call it a day, often taking care of 3 at once for efficiency, because I play this game to raid and dungeoneer, not to do boring ass WQs.
    So then why do you want Anima if you only play the game to run raids and dungeons? Anima doesn't offer anything for those activities. You can also save the hyperbole. You don't need to clear the map of WQ's every day. You are look at 6-11 for the easy average of 7k a week. Grateful offerings are passively gained if you are already doing the activities for Anima (or transmog/mounts). You gain way more then you will need just by doing a little in game.

Mounts and Mog sets only cost "tons and tons" if you aren't actually doing the content to gain anima. That is the problem here. You are whining that Anima isn't enough while also saying you never do the Anima quests because you can't be bothered to. Weird right? Also if you want to get the stuff done before the next patch then why aren't you actually doing that now? Isn't it weird how it always comes down to being lazy and not wanting to put in any effort. But want all the rewards because somehow you deserve it just for logging in.

Everyone has the same chance to finish stuff before the next patch because finishing things are at least 8 weeks away from now. Because souls are the limit for the covenant upgrades. If you put in a little effort over that 8 weeks you'll have more then enough Anima to purchase the upgrades and most of the covenant rewards. A reoccurring theme. Weird right? Effort gets you you things and no effort gets you nothing.

Anima grinding isn't the only thing you can do in the open world but that line of reasoning is over before you even finished typing the sentence. Why? Because if you are doing everything but gaining Anima then you could easily shift to the Anima gaining activities. Ignoring them out of principle again just shows how you want everything with out actually putting in any effort to get it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You would have to literally avoid every single activity in the game that gives anima (so, like, every activity in the game) to be at 30/1000.
    Except i played for 2 days straight and was at 30/1000 doing the covenant chain and weeklies for renown. So you are 100% wrong.

So then why do you want Anima if you only play the game to run raids and dungeons? Anima doesn't offer anything for those activities. You can also save the hyperbole. You don't need to clear the map of WQ's every day. You are look at 6-11 for the easy average of 7k a week. Grateful offerings are passively gained if you are already doing the activities for Anima (or transmog/mounts). You gain way more then you will need just by doing a little in game.

Mounts and Mog sets only cost "tons and tons" if you aren't actually doing the content to gain anima. That is the problem here. You are whining that Anima isn't enough while also saying you never do the Anima quests because you can't be bothered to. Weird right? Also if you want to get the stuff done before the next patch then why aren't you actually doing that now? Isn't it weird how it always comes down to being lazy and not wanting to put in any effort. But want all the rewards because somehow you deserve it just for logging in.

Everyone has the same chance to finish stuff before the next patch because finishing things are at least 8 weeks away from now. Because souls are the limit for the covenant upgrades. If you put in a little effort over that 8 weeks you'll have more then enough Anima to purchase the upgrades and most of the covenant rewards. A reoccurring theme. Weird right? Effort gets you you things and no effort gets you nothing.

Anima grinding isn't the only thing you can do in the open world but that line of reasoning is over before you even finished typing the sentence. Why? Because if you are doing everything but gaining Anima then you could easily shift to the Anima gaining activities. Ignoring them out of principle again just shows how you want everything with out actually putting in any effort to get it.
    WQs aren't effort, they're piss easy busywork. There's nothing interesting about the vast majority of them, so of course I avoid doing them if I can get away with it. If you think that makes me lazy, you do you boo. I won't dignify this particular line of thought with further responses.

The draw of activities in WoW is measured on both the "interesting" and "rewarding" scale by most people, so if the first point is totally absent for someone, the second had better pick up the slack- and the Anima grind doesn't, least as far as I and the vast majority of my guildies are concerned. I'm capable of doing long, boring grinds if the reward is just- I got the Tusks of Mannoroth to prove it. I pulled Garrosh hundreds of time to get it. But the mere thought of doing hundreds of WQs for one mediocre set makes me want to uninstall WoW. If it was dozens instead maybe I'd put my back into it when I have nothing else going on.

It's a simple equation. Does it feel like the rewards match my demanded investment? When it comes to Anima the clear answer is, fuck no it doesn't. Even after the hotfix it just changes the pittance we got from raids and dungeons into a stipend. It's neat I guess but the ratio of Anima costs, required anima and actually decent rewards is still too fucked for me to care.

15+ Year Old Account
    WQs aren't effort, they're piss easy busywork. There's nothing interesting about the vast majority of them, so of course I avoid doing them if I can get away with it. If you think that makes me lazy, you do you boo. I won't dignify this particular line of thought with further responses.
    You said it isn't worth doing 3-4 days of WQ's for one piece of transmog. No matter how much you want to try and claim that WQ's are easy you still don't want to put in the effort that is gaining Anima currently. If the thought of doing content for a transmog set makes you want to uninstall the game then why are you even suggesting an increase in rewards? You'll still have to do the same boring content that makes you want to uninstall the game. Weird right? That what you are saying doesn't actually mesh up to what you keep demanding.

It is only 25,500 anima for the cosmetic vendor set. With the average of 7k a week (about 1 hour a day including travel when starting in Oribos) that is only 3 and a half weeks for a full set. Next week will be the first time the entire set is open. For a two year long expansion 3-4 weeks isn't a long ordeal or something to really complain about. And even if they increased it by 50% like you stated you wanted to see it would still be 2 weeks of doing WQ's every day just for the set. So week and a half less is magically worth it versus not worth it? That difference between boring content being worth doing is a week and a half. A weird principle.

It is even less of an issue if what you are saying is actually true. Because you don't care about the upgrades or the transmog. So you can just passively amass it over the average two years of an expansions life cycle and benefit from any future catch up or increased gains. But it is this huge problem that you can't have it right now with a little effort put into gaining it. The filler you are using to justify "not wanting to do it" isn't adding up.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-06 at 02:14 AM.

Don't understand why there's no anima from Torghast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Now we just need something usefull to buy for anima.
    If you aren't after the vanity, why do you even care about anima, or the lack of it? It's useless to you, so don't worry bout it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

can someone exlpain to me why i should care about anima? idc about cosmetics.

is this their answer to loot scarcity in pve?

You said it isn't worth doing 3-4 days of WQ's for one piece of transmog. No matter how much you want to try and claim that WQ's are easy you still don't want to put in the effort that is gaining Anima currently. If the thought of doing content for a transmog set makes you want to uninstall the game then why are you even suggesting an increase in rewards? You'll still have to do the same boring content that makes you want to uninstall the game. Weird right? That what you are saying doesn't actually mesh up to what you keep demanding.

It is only 25,500 anima for the cosmetic vendor set. With the average of 7k a week (about 1 hour a day including travel when starting in Oribos) that is only 3 and a half weeks for a full set. Next week will be the first time the entire set is open. For a two year long expansion 3-4 weeks isn't a long ordeal or something to really complain about. And even if they increased it by 50% like you stated you wanted to see it would still be 2 weeks of doing WQ's every day just for the set. So week and a half less is magically worth it versus not worth it? That difference between boring content being worth doing is a week and a half. A weird principle.

It is even less of an issue if what you are saying is actually true. Because you don't care about the upgrades or the transmog. So you can just passively amass it over the average two years of an expansions life cycle and benefit from any future catch up or increased gains. But it is this huge problem that you can't have it right now with a little effort put into gaining it. The filler you are using to justify "not wanting to do it" isn't adding up.
    I said 50% or more, and thinking about it I'd rather it be more like 100% or 150%. Considering every patch inevitably brings more new items to chase, I don't see why this stuff has to last so long in the first place. The Class Hall armor sets in Legion, for example, were a better implementation of the same general idea without requiring so much grinding, and I collected a couple of them on alts.

Besides that, you seem to just not like my opinion so, agree to disagree? For you, maybe doing close to ten WQs every day for close to four weeks is no biggie, for me it's a total chore that I have no interest in whatsoever. Not my issue if you aren't capable of leaving it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change.
    I just don't know why people are crying about anima, when there is nothing useful to buy with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Class Hall armor sets in Legion, for example, were a better implementation of the same general idea without requiring so much grinding, and I collected a couple of them on alts.
    So a boring grind of a faction rep to exalted is better then 3.5 weeks of boring WQ's? It took about the same amount of time as it would for a full set of anima transmog. Weird how one is a better method when it is pretty much the same daily effort required. Of course I don't like your opinion because it is wrong and based on stupid claims that don't hold any weight when put under even a little scrutiny.

You collected a couple of them on alts because you had an entire expansion of time to do them. Including a future patch that increased how quick you could get them. You are still complaning that you can't get the stuff now even though it only takes 3.5 weeks of daily effort. If you don't even care about the sets or upgrades why is there a rush to get them? Anything similar in the future will be matched with an equal lack of interest to do the content.

There is no reason to agree to disagree. Several of the reasons you've used are just flat out wrong. And why infer that I am somehow incapable of doing something just because I'm having a discussion with you? You posted something that I find to be wrong. It is weird that you are incapable of leaving it at that and somehow have to make it about you and anyone who disagree's with you as having an issue.

I just logged on for the first time today and there is 1480 worth of Anima from 13 total WQ's. That will take around an hour to do. That really isn't that big of a deal when the longest time spent is on travel rather then the actual WQ's. The 250 arena one that is up can even get an extra 105 by doing the daily quest. Only one of those is unlocked by a Sanctum upgrade.

The underlying issue isn't the amount of anima you can get. It is not wanting to do the content but wanting the reward all the same. That is a bad way to cater to game design because it gets harder and harder to live up to it or dial it back. As is being seen with the problem a lot have with a lack of loot in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-06 at 03:25 AM.