Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Is he though? Or is it just an imprint? We did see his "dead self" last episode, suggesting that his current personality is simply painted on top of his remains.
    I think that's what's underlying a lot of Wandas decisions There's a big question about whether Vision (and now her children) can even survive outside of the Hex. She clearly doesn't seem to think so, which is why she's playing along there where she can be happy.

Interesting that we have two different "bads" growing now -

Director Hayward is clearly on a completely different page than everyone else. There's also big questions on what was happening to Visions body when it was recovered. It seemed pretty clear that there were some experiments going on.

It seems another force created the Hex in the first place, and Wandas grief has been driving it. We have no idea who created it or what control they have - It seems Pietros "recast" return (jaw dropped) is down to whatever this player is too, and not Wanda, so they must have pretty insane level powers to be building this reality and crossing people over between alternate universes.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It seems another force created the Hex in the first place, and Wandas grief has been driving it. We have no idea who created it or what control they have - It seems Pietros "recast" return (jaw dropped) is down to whatever this player is too, and not Wanda, so they must have pretty insane level powers to be building this reality and crossing people over between alternate universes.

I wouldn't have agreed with that originally - but it does seem like the blue wall was being 'warped' by Wanda - as if it existed and she's "taking control over it" - well, over anything except the kids. That, along with the lines of "I don't even know how this started," says she came into it, got sucked in, and then it activated something (LATENT MUTANT GENES LOL) that's resulting in this control.

SNIP...... so they must have pretty insane level powers to be building this reality and crossing people over between alternate universes.
    [/spoiler]
    I'm hoping for MOJO.
    Crazy ass reality that he is filming and scheming to use for universal ratings and it would be a great hook to bring in mutants (x-men) given his past with them.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm hoping for MOJO.
    Crazy ass reality that he is filming and scheming to use for universal ratings and it would be a great hook to bring in mutants (x-men) given his past with them.
    The TV Sitcom part of this makes Mojo so much more plausible. The twins are the issue (concerning their Comic birth situation); maybe Mojo will be connected with Mephisto (assuming they want to keep Mephisto tied to the twins)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I gotta admit I did not see that cameo coming. Probably should have considering what we know about the next Spider-Man movie though.
    not gonna lie; I was a bit worried about how the MCU would go now that the Infinity Saga has ended. I am both curious and excited after watching WandaVision

I gotta admit I did not see that cameo coming. Probably should have considering what we know about the next Spider-Man movie though.
    Yeah I was expecting Pietro to show up, as they'd been dropping lots leading to it, but then having a canonically different Pietro show up blew my mind a bit. I was even wondering if it was just a racasing until Darcy questioned if he was racast too. It raises so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    The TV Sitcom part of this makes Mojo so much more plausible. The twins are the issue (concerning their Comic birth situation); maybe Mojo will be connected with Mephisto (assuming they want to keep Mephisto tied to the twins)
    I do hope it's not mephisto. I know he played a major part in the comics for that storyline but to me "the Devil" being the bad guy is kind of to easy.
    High Evolutionary is too obscure and mr. sinister might could work given some hints of him in on of the x-men movies But MOJO (while also obscure) could tie a lot of people together with an alternate reality TV show and and his love of the X-men for ratings. Spiral would be another awesome spellcaster as mojos sidekick.

Maybe his endgame show was a big hit and he wants another chart topper. Some multiverse reality show in his mojoverse.
    Last edited by quras; 2021-02-05 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I do hope it's not mephisto. I know he played a major part in the comics for that storyline but to me "the Devil" being the bad guy is kind of to easy.
    High Evolutionary is too obscure and mr. sinister might could work given some hints of him in on of the x-men movies But MOJO (while also obscure) could tie a lot of people together with an alternate reality TV show and and his love of the X-men for ratings. Spiral would be another awesome spellcaster as mojos sidekick.

Maybe his endgame show was a big hit and he wants another chart topper. Some multiverse reality show in his mojoverse.
    Mojo is a potential. Because of the entire reality-warped TV format then having some entitiy that had set up it up to be an actual show for some kind of audience would be consistant with the show.

I feel Mephisto would just be too out there for the rest of the series. IF they'd been dropping demons or other hell-like twists into the show, of if he'd been established as a character already then maaaaybeee... They're trying to ground everything that's happening in science though so if it ended with "Oh here's the actual devil himself who's appeared on earth just to fuck with Wanda and make a TV Sitcom" it would just be too insane for the casual viewer.

Mephisto isn’t the actual devil.
    WEELLLL he isn't but then he is also the biblical "devil" that many stories were based on, certainly the partner of Lilith at the garden of Eden was him. That's the bible devil stories that weren't based on Azazel anyway.. or Samuel. Either way my point stands that it would be too mad a twist to have to be explaining all of this madness at the end of a series if there's been nothing hinting at devils or demons or similar throughout the whole show.

WEELLLL he isn't but then he is also the biblical "devil" that many stories were based on, certainly the partner of Lilith at the garden of Eden was him. That's the bible devil stories that weren't based on Azazel anyway.. or Samuel. Either way my point stands that it would be too mad a twist to have to be explaining all of this madness at the end of a series if there's been nothing hinting at devils or demons or similar throughout the whole show.
    There have been hints to “the Devil” though. Outright references from characters (Dottie and Agnes) and subtle hints that, admittedly, could just be coincidences (hexagons, the missing 6’s on time pieces, etc).
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

After episode 2 I was saying to my friend how strange it was that they put on that show but there were no kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh. my. god. Jaw hit the floor. I am shook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter hashtags partially spoiled the episode for me. Read earlier that people have been dumping spoilers all over the place. Sucks that people get a kick out of spoiling stuff for those not looking.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The episodes keep getting better.

Baby Vision gave me giggle fits. Seeing his corpse in pieces was a shocker, as was seeing him getting angry. Surprised at the cameo... I was kinda hoping for Aaron Johnson until I saw the back of the head shot, but this could be interesting. Moar! I want moar!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sucks that people get a kick out of spoiling stuff for those not looking.
    People who go out of their way to spoil things are scum of the earth.

That said, the [spoiler] tags in this thread are a bit silly... No one opening it should have an expectation that the people posting here aren't talking about what happened in the latest episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I was kinda hoping for Aaron Johnson
    It's still possible he shows up again. But I do prefer it this way. Maybe it's something of a sign that she has at least somewhat taken the advice she was giving her children: to accept what's happened no matter how much it hurts. Magical wish-fulfillment kidnapped town notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    The episodes keep getting better.

Baby Vision gave me giggle fits. Seeing his corpse in pieces was a shocker, as was seeing him getting angry. Surprised at the cameo... I was kinda hoping for Aaron Johnson until I saw the back of the head shot, but this could be interesting. Moar! I want moar!
    I'm pretty sure that the Fox version of Quicksilver and this episode is how they are going to introduce mutants to the MCU.

Okay, so I got partly spoiled on episode 5 when someone I followed on Twitter last night tweeted "Call Hugh Jackman up..." and then hashtagged it with #WandaVision.

So I decided episode 5 was where I needed to jump in. I was originally going to wait for the whole season.

I loved episodes 1 and 2. I'm an older millenial (born in the early 80s) and those were the kind of shows that were reruns on daytime TV back then when I was growing up. Yet it was still surreal, and amazing uses of color in black and white episodes. Starts with a red blinking light in the toaster commercial (what was that?) and then the more obvious colors - the retroed drone, and Dottie's blood. Two of those three are yet unexplained, which makes me curious to see what Dottie is all about.

Superbly sinister in the first few episodes, which I think too many people are underappreciating. There's a creeping sense of foreboding building in those two episodes which you'll never get if you simply watch shows on your second monitor while playing WoW (a most intensely disliked habit for me as a media junkie). That makes this a primary monitor show for me, IE must-watch.

Loved the chaos of the "real-world episode." More stuff from the re-emergence of people from being Snapped please. Loved the 4:3 ratio and how you watched it widen in real time (IE pretty slowly by film standards) go to widescreen in this episode.

A few questions (never read any of the comics):
    1) There are a few edits which are clearly not done by Wanda. The radio bit where AntMan-FBI is talking to her is edited in real time, and it seems clear to me Wanda wasn't doing that. The beekeeper was obviously Wanda, but from Kat Dennings perspective it's a straight cut to them sitting on the couch with Vision and the newborns, as if someone is editing over her rewinding. The editing of Rambeau's ejection might also not be her. There's definitely a larger force at play.

2) Does Wanda going into SWORD to get Vision's body make sense? 5 years passed between IW and Endgame, Wanda didn't get through her grief then? I feel like Hayward's hiding something - but what? Can someone have controlled Wanda into taking the body? Can someone have made her emotions rise to the surface again, and cause this mental anguish? To me that makes me think of psyonic mutants, more than anything else, like Professor X, though I doubt he'd do something like this.

3) Kathryn Hahn's character Agnes definitely seems to think Wanda is in charge, or that she should be appeased. No one here mentioned it, but there's a bit at the beginning of ep5 where something doesn't go "according to script" and she asks if they want to redo the take. Now, some people seem to have a subconscious "bleed-through" of who they are and how helpless their situation is (IE, the doctor's "it's hard to escape," postal worker's "your mom won't let him get too far"), but that seems like some meta-involvement from Agnes there. By the end of the episode, Agnes full out witnesses a conversation between Billy, Tommy and Wanda about brinking the dog back to life and literally asks, "Can you actually do that?" as if she's briefed on Wanda's powers, but is unsure if she's capable of that. Not to mention she's ignored the kids growing up in front of her eyes. She seems to be the only character operating on a "script," and one of the people not yet identified as a real Westview person. Did she kill the dog in the episode??? Because I don't think Wanda would do that in her saccharine-sweet world, and Wanda doesn't seem to expect it, but she turns it into typical 80s "very special episode" moment sitcom material.

4) Man, it's almost like someone else is watching too. Wanda mentions how her brother is far away, and that makes her sad, and suddenly he's on her doorstep. And supposedly not her doing. And re-cast as the Fox X-Men Quicksilver. Someone's "directing" this show. That's fucking great, and I hope this is the tie-in we've all been waiting for. Has anyone noticed any clues in the end credits for the actual WandaVision show? I don't know the universe well enough to know if those names mean anything.

5) Like another poster, I found it weird that they were having a talent show to raise money for the elementary school, and yet we've never seen any kids til the twins. And the weird mantra-esque "For the children" chant - what the fuck is that all about? Is the whole purpose of whoever is manipulating Wanda to get her sons into existence by pushing the Wanda+Vision narrative in her head?

6) Is Vision really a version of himself? Is he in control of himself? Literally at the end of this episode he says "You can't make me do anything" and Wanda seems to disagree, and instantly the credits for the "show" start to roll, as if she's decided to prematurely cut it off. But then he interrupts her, and there's a "post credits" scene, of sorts. Very clever.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-06 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    It's like you're not even watching.
    I'll admit I got the names backwards, but it was a big part of the 4th episode that the cops from inside were saying they were from Eastview when the sign, right there, said Westview.

As for the rest, I'm more convinced than ever after Ep 5 that Wanda's only partially responsible.
    Spoiler: 
    Wanda said she didn't know how all this started. Maybe that's true, but given that it's immediately followed up by Pietro's appearance, and it being the wrong Pietro, and I think that's real.

Also, the digital "screen" around the Hex didn't look anything like Wanda's powers, until she did whatever she did when she came out and went back in, but that's more of a corruption of something that already existed; if it were her creation, she wouldn't have had to do that.

Things seem out of Wanda's control semi-regularly, despite her clearly being so aware of what's going on that she stormed out of the Hex and told SWORD to fuck off, before going back in. She's not trapped in there, she knows what's happening, and she can have some influence, but a lot of that influence appears subconscious. Like Pietro showing up.

If this is a technological reality warp of some kind, which could explain the hexagon outline and the digital "screen" effect on the border and all that, I can easily see Wanda seizing it to try and use it to rebuild Vision, but not having complete control of the process.

At least the current episode explains why SWORD is actually involved, since we now know Wanda stole Vision's body (which would be under their jurisdiction). Before this, we didn't have any direct connection to explain SWORD being there over, say, SHIELD. Given that SWORD is exclusively focused on AI and robots and the like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Okay, so I got partly spoiled on episode 5 when someone I followed on Twitter last night tweeted "Call Hugh Jackman up..." and then hashtagged it with #WandaVision.
    Trying to watch it earlier myself since I'm avoiding threads and such until I do. Spoilers for a show like this can be brutal. Part of why I'm gonna switch to using collapse tags over spoiler tags, since there's a lot less for people to scroll past if they're avoiding spoilers.
    Spoiler: 

2) Does Wanda going into SWORD to get Vision's body make sense? 5 years passed between IW and Endgame, Wanda didn't get through her grief then? I feel like Hayward's hiding something - but what? Can someone have controlled Wanda into taking the body? Can someone have made her emotions rise to the surface again, and cause this mental anguish? To me that makes me think of psyonic mutants, more than anything else, like Professor X, though I doubt he'd do something like this.
    If she didn't find out about the Hex or whatever's responsible for it until recently, she may have realized there was a way out of her grief that involved bringing Vision back, rather than accepting his death. I think that was her ENTIRE plan from when she took his body parts, and nearly everything else is the Hex, working off her subconscious. The kids, Pietro, everything. I think she knows what she's doing in terms of all the townsfolk being under her control, but I don't think she's managing the minutiae. I think that's down to whatever's running the Hex. And it/they may have their own motives, and that may be why we got the twins.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-02-06 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    2) Does Wanda going into SWORD to get Vision's body make sense? 5 years passed between IW and Endgame, Wanda didn't get through her grief then? I feel like Hayward's hiding something - but what?
    Sure in real time it was 5 years but for Wanda it was instantly. It's been 3 weeks since she was brought back.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Something I don't see a lot of people talking about is the SWORD renaming (from the comics), and what it means with regards to the show.

Specifically, it went from Sentient World Observation and Response Department, to Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Department. And the director spells it right out to Rambeau; their purpose is to handle robots, AIs, that sort of thing. Sentient weapons, "what it says on the tin", to quote the guy.

Here's the thing; Wanda is not a sentient weapon. She is not a robot. She is not an AI.
    Sentient weapon could totally be a human, inhuman or mutant of immense power, and not necessarily an AI or Robot.

Sidenote, Shield was defunct even before the snap in MCU.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2021-02-06 at 03:18 AM.