Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, you could have stayed, but you left... you had a choice.

Well, that helps my argument a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I'm luck, I've always been financially sound so I've been able to quit a job I hate to find a new one or take some time off to go looking. And if I needed to move, I can afford to.
    Do you even read?

Once again, that article shows people aren't preparing, that's a choice that they make. My parents will die broke, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.
    Unsurprisingly, those who have higher incomes were more likely to be able to cover the surprise bill. The survey found 58% of households with $75,000 or more in annual income could pay up, compared to just 21% of households earning less than $30,000.
    Weird, almost like how much you earn correlates to your ability to save, and there are millions who don't earn enough money to save anything up.

Jesus dude, do you just come up with explanations for data in your head rather than looking at the data and/or analysis?

Of course, you could always take care of them in your own voluntary government, and treat them the way you think a government should. Do it, mein duden.
    I'm not a government. And I actually vote for politicians that commit to making a lot of these improvements in the economy, including raising the minimum wage. But I'm not some petty tyrant who wants to start their own government, kkthx.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's simply a matter of it not being that fucking difficult. It's not "do the literally impossible" because literally millions upon millions of people do it every fucking day.
    Privilege and entitlement, thy name is Machismo.

if you want a UBI, then start a government in Nevada, and provide the residents with a UBI. Time to put up, or shut up.
    I'm actively working with candidates here in Canada on exactly that, thanks.

Humanity has survived a long time with no UBI...
    Are you under the impression that human history has not carried with it a liberal dose of human suffering and hardship?

You're making my point for me, man.

Do you even read?

Weird, almost like how much you earn correlates to your ability to save, and there are millions who don't earn enough money to save anything up.

Jesus dude, do you just come up with explanations for data in your head rather than looking at the data and/or analysis?

I'm not a government. And I actually vote for politicians that commit to making a lot of these improvements in the economy, including raising the minimum wage. But I'm not some petty tyrant who wants to start their own government, kkthx.
    So, share your luck, start a government in Nevada, and provide for all those "unlucky" people. Yu have yet another opportunity to get done what you want done.

You could be a government, and I support your freedom to be one.

There's a difference between "can't save, and "won't" save. If you are making $75k a year, and cannot get to $1k to pay a bill, then you have not been fucking planning very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Privilege and entitlement, thy name is Machismo.

I'm actively working with candidates here in Canada on exactly that, thanks.

Are you under the impression that human history has not carried with it a liberal dose of human suffering and hardship?

You're making my point for me, man.
    And now, you can have another option in Nevada. It looks like you have more choices, and that's a great thing. So, buy a bit of land, set up a UBI, and take care of everyone who wants in. let me know how it goes!!!

So, share your luck, start a government in Nevada, and provide for all those "unlucky" people. Yu have yet another opportunity to get done what you want done.
    Literally what the fuck does this mean?

You could be a government, and I support your freedom to be one.
    This is lunacy, I've already said I have no interest in being a petty tyrant.

There's a difference between "can't save, and "won't" save. If you are making $75k a year, and cannot get to $1k to pay a bill, then you have not been fucking planning very well.
    There isn't always a difference, actually. Especially for folks making below $30K a year.

Literally what the fuck does this mean?

This is lunacy.

There isn't always a difference, actually. Especially for folks making below $30K a year.
    Not at all, start a government. Take care of all those downtrodden souls that you believe are simply victims, and cannot make it.

From your own source, over 40% of people who make $75k a year couldn't do it. That shows how much of a choice it really is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And now, you can have another option in Nevada. It looks like you have more choices, and that's a great thing. So, buy a bit of land, set up a UBI, and take care of everyone who wants in. let me know how it goes!!!
    Just like you have the "choice" to live in any other country in the world.

Aren't "voluntary" governments great?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Gee...save money...and go without food or a place to live, or don't save and have a meal with a roof overhead.
    That's not a choice...unless you're libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Gee...save money...and go without food or a place to live, or don't save and have a meal with a roof overhead.
    He's a fucking clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Just like you have the "choice" to live in any other country in the world.

Aren't "voluntary" governments great?
    Not voluntary, if you are born there, or face restrictions when leaving. Luckily, this land is uninhabited, so it's more voluntary than the current paradigm. God damn, I love progress!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What's wrong with saving money? Do you really think the choice is that binary?

You have 42% of people making more than $75k who haven't bothered to save up $1k.

Not at all, start a government.
    I mean, you're not even pretending to be serious.

This is kinda like, why everyone kinda clowns on libertarianism as an ideology. Though the libertarian conventions featuring overweight dudes doing strip teases on stage to the raucous applause of the audience and the minutes of waffling on whether or not drivers licensees should be required to drive on public roads doesn't help much, either.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    He's a fucking clown.
    Is it clownish to expect people to be responsible for the decisions they make?

Oh shit, you probably think it is... my bad.

Not voluntary, if you are born there, or face restrictions when leaving. Luckily, this land is uninhabited, so it's more voluntary than the current paradigm. God damn, I love progress!!!
    Nobody has colonized the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Why haven't you started your libertarian utopia there? What's stopping you? THE LAND IS UNINHABITED!

I mean, you're not even pretending to be serious.

This is kinda like, why everyone kinda clowns on libertarianism as an ideology. Though the libertarian conventions featuring overweight dudes doing strip teases on stage to the raucous applause of the audience and the minutes of waffling on whether or not drivers licensees should be required to drive on public roads doesn't help much, either.
    That's literally what the fucking thread is about.

This isn't a libertarian principle, it's a voluntaryism principle. This is an issue where an opportunity to form a new government arises, and I support you being able to do it, and not just some company. SO, buy some land in Nevada, start a government, and push that UBI.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has colonized the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Why haven't you started your libertarian utopia there? What's stopping you? THE LAND IS UNINHABITED!
    I mean... this is a chance to do it in Nevada, and you are fucking outraged at the idea.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone was born in that town they wouldn't have had a choice either? Meaning that isn't a voluntary government either? Can you make up your mind?

What does uninhabited have to do with anything? We are talking about "choice" or the actual lack of "choice"

I'm finding funny how you seem to be the absolute expert on what is a choice and what isn't.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

He's a fucking clown.
    It's pretty much why I don't pay too much attention to libertarians and their brand of logic, which seems to me very different from Earth logic. The reality of their arguments have been shown time and time again as detrimental to life itself...but "since times have changed...it could work now...!"

That's literally what the fucking thread is about.

This isn't a libertarian principle, it's a voluntaryism principle. This is an issue where an opportunity to form a new government arises, and I support you being able to do it, and not just some company. SO, buy some land in Nevada, start a government, and push that UBI.
    Actually no, I can't. I'm not a technology company. I don't have the capitol, or desire, to start a technology company. And this proposal doesn't seem to extend to private citizens.

So like...I couldn't. Literally. Even if I wanted to, I don't have that choice because I can't afford it.

Weird how money works like that.

I mean... this is a chance to do it in Nevada, and you are fucking outraged at the idea.
    Yeah but YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH PESKY STATE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS AND THEIR PESKY TAXES!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So if someone was born in that town they wouldn't have had a choice either? Meaning that isn't a voluntary government either? Can you make up your mind?

What does uninhabited have to do with anything? We are talking about "choice" or the actual lack of "choice"

I'm finding funny how you seem to be the absolute expert on what is a choice and what isn't.
    Once again, it's more voluntary than the current paradigm (I sure do feel like I keep fucking repeating myself). I never said it was perfect.

Try and keep up.

There is a choice, and I support your freedom to choose either path.

He's a fucking clown.
    I support people's freedom to be clowns.

Once again, it's more voluntary than the current paradigm (I sure do feel like I keep fucking repeating myself). I never said it was perfect.
    It's literally not.

Don't like your city government? Move cities.
    Don't like your state government? Move states.
    Don't like your countries government? Move countries.

All these options have, and still exist. And you can voluntarily choose any of them!

Actually no, I can't. I'm not a technology company. I don't have the capitol, or desire, to start a technology company. And this proposal doesn't seem to extend to private citizens.

So like...I couldn't. Literally. Even if I wanted to, I don't have that choice because I can't afford it.

Weird how money works like that.

Yeah but YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH PESKY STATE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS AND THEIR PESKY TAXES!
    I stated I support the freedom for more to do it, and have less land be required.

Man, look at how consistent I am.

Nowhere did I say it's perfect, it's simply a step closer to voluntaryism. Seriously, you really should try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally not.

Don't like your city government? Move cities.
    Don't like your state government? Move states.
    Don't like your countries government? Move countries.

All these options have, and still exist. And you can voluntarily choose any of them!
    And now you have another option. God damn, I fucking love freedom.