The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I've been not reacting to Brees' potential retirement just because I didn't want to go through it all again when he eventually announced it. Unless he is going to play 2021 for the veteran minimum, which seems unlikely given his history, this just about does it.
    Yeah the Saints are moving on the assumption he's gone. Which means he's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the Eagles trading Wentz this week has gone about the way of the Lions trading Stafford. Said it was not happening, then said they were getting a lot of calls, then said it's going to happen by the end of the week.

And apparently the Bears were the last known frontrunner.

- - - Updated - - -

Packers land Rams Asisstant HC/Linebackers Coach Joe Barry as their new DC.
    https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...79671586660352

Solid grab IMO. Hopefully means they're going to actually put resources into rebuilding the middle of that defense.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well the Eagles trading Wentz this week has gone about the way of the Lions trading Stafford. Said it was not happening, then said they were getting a lot of calls, then said it's going to happen by the end of the week.

And apparently the Bears were the last known frontrunner.
    I saw either Colts or Bears. Colts kind of make sense because they have the cap space and only have Jacob Eason on their roster at QB. Bears don't have any cap space, but they only have Foles, so who knows what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints are about to be in trouble with the league for the 3rd time due to COVID protocols, apparently mainly due to:

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/stat...23607093202945

"Alvin Kamara's refusal to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches was an internal issue all season, multiple team sources said. Because of this, the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts after he tested positive."

Saints already lost a pick, and it sounds like they are due to lose more and get fined again on top. APPARENTLY this is also depending on what measures they take internally.

I wonder if this is the League's way of forcing the Saints to finally do something about a player who put the whole team and with it the whole league at risk, when the Saints themselves were clearly not willing to do anything.

Will be interesting how this turns out and who ultimately is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Saints are about to be in trouble with the league for the 3rd time due to COVID protocols, apparently mainly due to:

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/stat...23607093202945

"Alvin Kamara's refusal to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches was an internal issue all season, multiple team sources said. Because of this, the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts after he tested positive."

Saints already lost a pick, and it sounds like they are due to lose more and get fined again on top. APPARENTLY this is also depending on what measures they take internally.

I wonder if this is the League's way of forcing the Saints to finally do something about a player who put the whole team and with it the whole league at risk, when the Saints themselves were clearly not willing to do anything.

Will be interesting how this turns out and who ultimately is to blame.
    Do you think Kamara should get fined and suspended a few games as well? Maybe Payton?

The whole thing is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Do you think Kamara should get fined and suspended a few games as well? Maybe Payton?

I could see this turning into quite the legal mess with Kamara taking the route that his rights were infringed upon by trying to force tracing devices. If he was a problem all season then fuck him. As a Saints fan someone being that selfish risking people's lives should have been fined, benched, forced to sit games/deactivated. Saints are big time in the wrong putting winning over the safety of everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I could see this turning into quite the legal mess with Kamara taking the route that his rights were infringed upon by trying to force tracing devices.
    I'm not sure it is. Every player signs a contract that says they will play by the rules set up by the League and the NFL Players Association. And those 2 made a deal that was implemented and agreed upon. So I think Kamara's rights stop there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No real surprises in the NFL honors aside from megatron being a first ballot HOF.

Wilson won WPMOTY award too. Hes done a ton for the Seattle area. Between the visit to the childrens hospital every week, tuition free charter school for kids, 1m meals when covid first hit. I also heard recently hes doing some sorta program for domestic violence victims as well. Definitely earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Kamara should absolutely get I'd say 3+ games next season. If Payton turned a blind eye to it he should get fined at the least.

If the organization was lax on this, honestly take their 1st round pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Flores is finally in the Hall of Fame, my boycott can end.

Which is good because I would have hated missing Charles Woodson's induction.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not sure it is. Every player signs a contract that says they will play by the rules set up by the League and the NFL Players Association. And those 2 made a deal that was implemented and agreed upon. So I think Kamara's rights stop there.
    That's fine with me, he needs a massive fine, suspension for multiple games and the Saints need fined/docked picks as well. There is no excuse to risk lives with covid.

John Lynch getting in before LeRoy Butler is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Not as big of a joke as MLB, which elected no one and left Curt Schilling out.
    The baseball HoF is on it's own level of special.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    John Lynch getting in before Zach Thomas is a bigger joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Not as big of a joke as MLB, which elected no one and left Curt Schilling out.
    Fuck that guy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Butler snub is the most baffling non-selection this year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The Butler snub is the most baffling non-selection this year.
    Clay Matthews (the older not the younger) being snubbed yet again also baffles me. It's clear the selections are starting to skew younger as we're getting more and more into the QB Ball era, something has to be changed or players that aren't first/second/third ballot guys are just never gonna get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Fuck that guy.
    Yep lol. Especially after he baby raged about not making it in this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    My heart is saying Bucs win tonight, but my brain is saying Chiefs, and probably not too close.

Hoping my heart is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bucs, that D line nasty.

I think the Bucs will win because they're great at pressuring the QB and the Chiefs OL is really banged up. Plus it's really hard to go back to back in this era, though the fact that the Chiefs are in two straight is pretty impressive.

I hope they don't because everyone will give all the credit to Brady even if the Bucs shut down the Chiefs. I'd rather deal will a bunch of obnoxious Chiefs fans for another season or two who'll be brought back to reality when they stop being able to afford all their key playmakers than all the obnoxious Brady fans who just refuse to acknowledge that Brady didn't single-handedly win all of his Super Bowls. They're already insufferable as it is, I can't imagine how they'll be if Brady wins again by filling in for a team that was already primed to make a run at the Lombardi.