Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    True, but this might be part oh is powers if they retcon it. Wouldn't be a bigger retcon than a vietnamese Magneto.
    OR
    Since Quicksilver looks same as he looked in Dark Phoenix (it was 1992), Magneto might be from the very same time period as well.
    That episode is aping 80s TV, so it would make sense he has period-apropos attire, wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I was mulling this over in the back of my mind and I keep coming back to one thing. The time period of the show. He was dressed in the style of the era the show took place in, like everyone else.
    I mean his apparent age, not the outfit. There's no visible 30 years difference one could expect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I mean his apparent age, not the outfit. There's no visible 30 years difference one could expect
    I was about to say, I think the main clue is that he hasn't been aged up.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I was deliberately going way out on the Woo stuff, it just struck me as odd, particularly with how dialed-in he was last episode.

It's absolutely a deliberate casting choice, the question is whether they cast Evan Peters as an in-joke/easter egg/distraction, or if they're actually pulling the two universes together here. It COULD be either, and I'm not in any way arguing against the idea that they're uniting the universes, considering this is meant to play into Dr. Strange and Multiverse of Madness.

I'm just saying they CAN toss stuff like that in as a red herring.

Let's recall Chris Evans has been two major characters in the Marvel disparate film universes, himself. Steve Rogers in the MCU, and Johnny Storm in 2 Fantastic Four films.

This is less me arguing against the possibility, and just noting that there ARE other possibilities, just so people don't put all their eggs in one basket and then throw a tantrum if it turns out to be something else.
    Michael B Jordan also played 2 different characters. Killmonger, and Johnny Storm in the super terrible Fantastic Four.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, Disney owns Fox now, and Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be the first R-rated MCU movie while doing press for WandaVision. That basically confirms that they're explicitly bridging the universes.

It would absolutely make sense for this to be a backdoor for that. Perhaps just the first of many. There's also potential time travel shenanigans both within "the Hex" and with other MCU projects.
    Imagine if they brought over Cable from Deadpool 2 into the MCU. Why does this time travelling mutant sound like Thanos?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I was about to say, I think the main clue is that he hasn't been aged up.
    There's a factor you may be overlooking. He may not have been "aged up" because there was no need

X-Men: Apocalypse is set in 1983
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix is set in 1992

Episode 5 of Wandavision is set in the 80's.

Meaning he could be directly pulled from the 80's of the fox universe and placed into the sitcom 80's of WV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There's a factor you may be overlooking. He may not have been "aged up" because there was no need

Meaning he could be directly pulled from the 80's of the fox universe and placed into the sitcom 80's of WV.
    Those x-men movies never aged anyone up across decades so it’s hard to say if it means anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The whole POC and women standing up against the rude arrogant white male in command thing is so eyeroll. Just about every single show on Netflix and HBO is just like that.

Let's finally get passed skin colour and gender already and move on to giving characters more reasons to do the things they do other than "I have to show that white man he's a little bitch!". Like hello, people have more to them than what they look like.

As for the rest of Wandavision, I feel it's been interesting so far. Things are a bit telegraphed too much. Hopefully they throw in a good curveball down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    The whole POC and women standing up against the rude arrogant white male in command thing is so eyeroll.

Let's finally get passed skin colour and gender already
    You're literally the only one who cares. Take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I wouldnt say that just yet, but we could get there.
    Check out the audio description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It took 15 pages and 5 episodes for this show. They are losing steam.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    So what Thor just sent Darcy a text saying "yeah Wanda came close but Cap'n Marvel came closer".

A dumb lines a dumb line. Think it just served as a Segue into getting Rambeau talking about Danvers.
    Thor who is know to regale with stories of past battles wouldn't talk to his friends about what was likely the biggest battle of his lifetime?

Again, these are people in the FBI and working for SWORD. There is no way they DON'T have information about the end of Endgame. You are just mad they didn't explain it outright.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I swear if that cameo is just Disney cucking us by having the villain be in a Fox Peter Maximoff disguise I'm gonna lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    I swear...
    They probably learned their lesson from Iron Man 3, and won't trust the audience to just go with it, if "it" goes against their expectations too much.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I would, but it's crammed into every single show lmao. Perhaps you're right. But idk, something doesn't sit well with me when these people bark about equality but then continue to demonize a wide demographic. It wouldn't sit if it were the other way around.

I mean POC actors deserve better roles than "oh you're that side character who gets shit on by bossy white people and you just get to make faces and comments behind their back. Oh, and it's your only bit of character development, as if there's nothing else interesting about your character as a human being."

Yunno?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The latest episode got me thinking about casting Magneto for the MCU, not as Wanda's father but as an ally so that they can found the Brotherhood of Mutants and become interesting and nuanced villains in the MCU.

Magneto can't be a Jewish Holocaust survivor unless he is to be in his 90s though, and I feel that the genocide experience is integral to motivating his approach vis-à-vis humanity in opposition to the one pursued by Xavier. So that got me thinking that they should cast a Vietnamese or Vietnamese American actor as Magneto in the MCU.

Somebody born circa 1960, who could then have the backstory of a survivor of the Cambodian genocide of the late 1970s. Little did I know that a Vietnamese Magneto already exists in the comics in the form of Erik Luu (Earth-1111). So maybe not such a far fetched idea, then?
    They could just say the mutation slowed or reversed Magnetos aging some and still use the Holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They could just say the mutation slowed or reversed Magnetos aging some and still use the Holocaust
    Couldnt be worse than the pointless decade hopping they did with the films where Michael Fassbender was supposed to look like Ian Mckellan in like 5-10 years time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

Well that was kinda the point... It could also mean that the timeline/universe he was in, time may run differently there.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, but it's crammed into every single show lmao. Perhaps you're right. But idk, something doesn't sit well with me when these people bark about equality but then continue to demonize a wide demographic. It wouldn't sit if it were the other way around.

I mean POC actors deserve better roles than "oh you're that side character who gets shit on by bossy white people and you just get to make faces and comments behind their back. Oh, and it's your only bit of character development, as if there's nothing else interesting about your character as a human being."

Yunno?
    You're inserting your own prejudices and triggers into everything you see. Sorry that there are more minorities in roles where they aren't subservient to every white man in the show, since that appears to be your only real complaint.

But idk, something doesn't sit well with me when these people bark about equality but then continue to demonize a wide demographic.
    Jesus Christ.

The only one who has been demonized on the show so far has been Wanda. Because she's acting villainous. Other than that, you have an instance of a couple people calling their boss a dick. I'm sure that's never happened before in the history of humanity.