Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    "What the judge said" isn't exactly a "FOX News literally claimed" so good job on Tucker Carlosing me. I arrived with an appropriate amount of scepticism though, so it's fine
    i mean it was their whole defense.....did you read the court papers or anything that was linked.
    Here's some specifics since you'd rather argue then actually look.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...161/527808/39/

Fox News seeks dismissal at the pleading stage on two constitutional grounds. First, it asserts that Mr. Carlson’s statements on the December 10, 2018, episode of his show are constitutionally protected opinion commentary on matters of public importance and are not reasonably understood as being factual. Second, Fox News argues that Ms. McDougal has failed to allege actual malice. For the purposes of this Motion, no other issues are in play.

Fox News first argues that, viewed in context, Mr. Carlson cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect. See Def. Br. at 12-15. Fox News cites to a litany of cases which hold that accusing a person of “extortion” or “blackmail” simply is “rhetorical hyperbole,” incapable of being defamatory

etc
    etc
    etc
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Maybe you should try and present the quote of them claiming that, unless you are roleplaying as Carlson or Maddow right now
    Listen, Trump is out of office. The whole schtick of claiming “what you read and what happened wasn’t actually written and didn’t actually happen” isn’t going to fly as a defense anymore.

You’re gonna have to take a huge step back into reality, even if that reality makes you look bad, if you want to remain politically relevant.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/america-t...112050557.html

Add another one to the list of "accomplishments"

Getting tired of this yet @Breccia ???

Just about everything predicted about his administration and its agenda has come true

The U.S. trade deficit over the four years of President Donald Trump’s presidency soared to its highest level since 2008, despite his tough tariff tactics intended to bring it down, a new Commerce Department report showed on Friday.

The combined U.S. goods and services trade deficit increased to $679 billion in 2020, compared to $481 billion in 2016, the year before Trump took office. The trade deficit in goods alone hit $916 billion, a record high and an increase of about 21 percent from 2016.

Trump failed in one of his major trade policy goals because the U.S. trade deficit is driven more by macroeconomic factors, like how much a country spends and saves, than it is by tariffs and foreign trade practices, analysts said.

“The Trump administration never had a feasible plan for reducing the trade deficit,” explained Mary Lovely, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics. “Their 2017 tax cut ensured that the U.S. as a whole would continue to spend more than it produced, hence the need for a current account deficit. The tariffs on China reduced imports from China, but these were mostly replaced with imports from other sources.”

LARGEST TAX INCREASE EVER

Trump’s tariffs also imposed higher costs on businesses and consumers. U.S. Customs and Border Protection collected $74.4 billion in tariffs on imported goods during the 2020 fiscal year, which ended on Sep. 30. That was more than double the taxes that CBP collected on imports before Trump took office.

PHASE ONE FAILURE

the Commerce Department data released Friday showed U.S. exports to China in 2020 were well below the goal set in Trump's "Phase One" trade deal with the Asian powerhouse, even though they picked up sharply in the final months of the year.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Pirro was named in the lawsuit, but Tucker Carlson was not.

FOX News literally claimed in court that Carlson's words did not count as fact, and anyone who knew his work knew this.

EDIT: Also, the Legal Eagle suggests the $2.7 billion is not so much bullshit, as designed to get attention. If so, it worked. SmartMatic's reputation was attacked, and a page seven correction won't fix that. A public tar-and-feathering of their false accusers, however, will.
    I'm guessing cucker not because of this lawsuit but another one that's coming to the mypillowguy from dominion. When that happens, he'll have no big advertisers. considering his spot is ripe for advertisement money and he'll be making peanuts for them, I don't think they'll keep cucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Nope, not getting tired of that at all. Trump supporters need to see proof that Trump was a failure. Hey Zan15, generally speaking, are tariffs progressive or regressive taxes? And also, how do you feel about winning questions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm guessing cucker not because of this lawsuit but another one that's coming to the mypillowguy from dominion.
    Ah, that would be news to me. Keep an eye out for that one!

Nope, not getting tired of that at all. Trump supporters need to see proof that Trump was a failure. Hey Zan15, generally speaking, are tariffs progressive or regressive taxes? And also, how do you feel about winning questions?
    But but i got 11 dollars moar a paycheckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Flat-out kicking a fatass when he's down, Illinois goes after their Trump property for things like "didn't get a license for that" i.e. black and white objective failures.

It's probably just a fine, but one of the first blows -- purely partisan but with the backing of actual textbook law -- is struck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Down at the bottom they say how little that fine will be... it’s like hitting them with a spitball.
    ehhhh
    the thing is, all environmental laws are like that, the starting fine is crap, its the per-day charges that burn places, cause these problems arent things that can be fixed cheap, or over night
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

105,983 new cases, about 40k fewer than last Saturday. Once again missing data from a couple states that will add a few thousand.

Top 5:

New York: 11,084 new cases; 236 deaths
    California: 10,722 new cases; 307 deaths
    Texas: 9,718 new cases; 334 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Virginia: 4,709 new cases; 41 deaths

I was giving it a 50/50 shot to dip under 100k today but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. We will, however, almost definitely be under 100k tomorrow given that Sunday typically yields lower numbers and I'm becoming more confident that we'll be under 100k for most of the upcoming week. There have been a few blips of minor spikes in a few states--note that Virginia is cracking the top 5--but nothing too extreme as of yet as the national positivity continues dipping towards 7%. Eventually I'll be comfortable enough to stop writing up these semi-pointless things, probably when the decline bottoms out and remains level for some period of time indicating some degree of stability and then I'll have to head back to Twitter to beg people to buy me games from my Steam wishlist to give me something to do instead.

2,730 deaths is about 150 fewer than last Saturday (or will be once the final numbers come in) and brings the total to 473,528. It's still going to be a while before we start routinely dropping below 1k deaths like we had before this current wave, but we're inching closer, at least. I anticipate the Tuesday-Friday totals for the upcoming week will probably be around 3.2-3.5k on average which is still staggeringly high--but about 1k lower than what we had just a week or two ago.

Related news:

The governor of Iowa lifted mask-wearing restrictions despite a new coronavirus variant in the state--This is EXACTLY the kind of shit that's going to keep this pandemic rolling for longer than it needs to and one of the reasons I'm starting to anticipate another wave in a few months as people get too lax.

More COVID vaccine megasites open nationwide, including at Yankee Stadium--And these things are going to be necessary in the race against time coming about as a result of the bonehead maneuvers like those in the previous article.

Republicans seek to pin California’s Covid-19 problem on Biden’s HHS pick--"OMG politicizing the pandemic!" But seriously, a huge part of the problem in California was the people who ignored the safety precautions. We all know what political affiliation those people have, for the most part.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The governor of Iowa lifted mask-wearing restrictions despite a new coronavirus variant in the state--This is EXACTLY the kind of shit that's going to keep this pandemic rolling for longer than it needs to and one of the reasons I'm starting to anticipate another wave in a few months as people get too lax.
    Ah yes, the classic "the medicine I'm taking is curing me, so I stopped taking the medicine."

Utter morons. While I realize that the deep red states, cities, counties, etc probably wont pay it much mind, I'm hoping Biden having an actual existing plan of action informed by science and a platform from which to speak and propose strategy from will at least serve to mobilize enough people and groups to prevent massive spikes from happening again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Just about everything predicted about his administration and its agenda has come true
    That's the thing about the Trump administration.

Throughout his four miserable years I was repeatedly embarrassed, frustrated, and angered by his conduct.

But never surprised.

The U.S. trade deficit over the four years of President Donald Trump’s presidency soared to its highest level since 2008, despite his tough tariff tactics intended to bring it down, a new Commerce Department report showed on Friday.
    These are good points you continue to make.

Here, allow me to channel a dimwitted Trump supporter and turn these abject Trump failures into Trump victories!

The combined U.S. goods and services trade deficit increased to $679 billion in 2020, compared to $481 billion in 2016, the year before Trump took office. The trade deficit in goods alone hit $916 billion, a record high and an increase of about 21 percent from 2016.
    "This was obviously due to the Coronavirus and the democrats trying to shut down businesses! Anything that happened before the lockdown was obviously because the liberals fought his plan the entire time, because they didn't want to be hard on China like Trump is!"

Trump failed in one of his major trade policy goals because the U.S. trade deficit is driven more by macroeconomic factors, like how much a country spends and saves, than it is by tariffs and foreign trade practices, analysts said.

“The Trump administration never had a feasible plan for reducing the trade deficit,” explained Mary Lovely, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.
    "Clearly these are just the opinions of liberal shills, I'm sure just as many economists agreed that Trump's plan would work perfectly. Trump was a businessman who made deals, of course he knew what he was doing!"

“Their 2017 tax cut ensured that the U.S. as a whole would continue to spend more than it produced, hence the need for a current account deficit. The tariffs on China reduced imports from China, but these were mostly replaced with imports from other sources.”
    "Better that those imports come from other sources than China! The tax cuts would have worked perfectly if liberals weren't trying to tax people and if they hadn't shut down all the small businesses over the coronavirus hoax!"

Trump’s tariffs also imposed higher costs on businesses and consumers. U.S. Customs and Border Protection collected $74.4 billion in tariffs on imported goods during the 2020 fiscal year, which ended on Sep. 30. That was more than double the taxes that CBP collected on imports before Trump took office.
    "well, better that those taxes go to the US than money to China! Maybe those liberal companies should buy more American goods and their prices wouldn't be so high! And even if they were that high under Trump, nobody was talking about how much it was when OBAMA was president, because the liberals are a bunch of HYPOCRITES!"

PHASE ONE FAILURE

the Commerce Department data released Friday showed U.S. exports to China in 2020 were well below the goal set in Trump's "Phase One" trade deal with the Asian powerhouse, even though they picked up sharply in the final months of the year.
    "The coronavirus hoax shut down all the trade that Trump was going to do! It's better than Biden being in BED with BIG CHINA and their HOAX of CLIMATE CHANGE to get ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS to rabbblerabblerabble..."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-02-07 at 08:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Flat-out kicking a fatass when he's down, Illinois goes after their Trump property for things like "didn't get a license for that" i.e. black and white objective failures.

It's probably just a fine, but one of the first blows -- purely partisan but with the backing of actual textbook law -- is struck.
    Fun Fact. Trump's building here, is the biggest retail failure in the history of the city. It's sitting feet away from the magnificent mile, essentially the best in slot location for any business if they want people to buy stuff, and no business wants to lease and open shop there. And this isn't something since becoming president. In over 10 years, the have 1 shop, a salon. They had big plans for it to make big big money, and the space is just empty. More evidence his whole life is a shit show.

edit- and to top it off, it probably could have been as successful as any other place on on near it, but incompetency in the building design made it essentially impossible.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-02-07 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's building here, is the biggest retail failure in the history of the city.
    Holy crap, you're not kidding.

The beanman isn't exaggerating about the draw of the Magnificent Mile, by the way. For context, imagine opening a pizza place a block off campus...and failing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when I said this? Well... Ron Johnson is trending because he wants to know what Pelosi knew about that day. Fucking unbelievable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...40762564898819
    I do so hope all the Trump supporters that stormed the capitol building and are awaiting triall action are struck by an awed epiphany that their fellow right-wing loons hung them out to dry by calling them secret antifa crisis actors.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Maybe they will start thinking the "jewish space lazers" also have a side effect of brainwashing them and they need Trump to save them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Maybe they will start thinking the "jewish space lazers" also have a side effect of brainwashing them and they need Trump to save them.
    I always said that the wall isn’t enough... we needed a dome...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I always said that the wall isn’t enough... we needed a dome...
    Much like everything else in life, the Simpsons already did it.

Remember when I said this? Well... Ron Johnson is trending because he wants to know what Pelosi knew about that day. Fucking unbelievable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...40762564898819
    Yes. I posted in Biden thread.

Basically Johnson is full Q or likely compromised by Russia. No matter which, Johnson is from a purple state and needs to get attacked hard.

It's almost too difficult to pick an idiot Senator from the Republicans, but Johnson makes a good push every now and then.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    am i the only one who thinks of mel brooks history of the world part 1 whenever I read Jewish space lasers?

am i the only one who thinks of mel brooks history of the world part 1 whenever I read Jewish space lasers?
    No, basically everyone has been making that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No, basically everyone has been making that comparison.
    Oh good. i'm thinking with the fact that school in utah is opting out of teaching black history month, and how stupid every single republican ive ever encountered or seen in life, if they go to school, show that movie, and give a diploma.