Poll: Should lvl 60 (max lvl) boost be added to WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why isn't there lvl 60 boost? Should it be added?

I know this is not the actual forum to pose this question, but I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Why do you think Blizzard haven't implemented a max level boost yet? What could be the reason/logic behind that? They went as far as to allow P2W, so why not this?

Personally, after playing WoW actively since day 1 and leveling SOOO SOOOOOOO MANY chars and levels, I wouldn't mind paying for it, even if it costed like 50 euro or so. For me, times have changed from lots of free time and no money to almost no free time and more (but never enough) money.

Max level boosts come with pre-orders for the next expansion, has been like that since late MoP / WoD pre-orders.

Leveling is so damn fast anyway.

Because they want people to experience the Shadowlands story/zones. It'd be an alright addition for people who already have a level 60, though I'd never use one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    They went as far as to allow P2W, so why not this?
    What is the P2W in WoW?

On topic: Probably because it takes less then 3 days to lvl to 60. 1-40 is done within a day when you pick WoD as your leveling zone. Shadowmoon/Frostfire and half of Gorgrond is enough. Then 40-50 you do in BfA content, running the 3 expeditions into the opposing faction's territory is again enough. Leaving you with slightly less then two days to get 50-60 in Shadowlands content.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Because they want people to experience the Shadowlands story/zones. It'd be an alright addition for people who already have a level 60, though I'd never use one myself.
    I experienced leveling through shadowlands with 4 different chars and covenants. Can I now please be excused from this nonsense, at the cost of my money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't think they ever told us - main reason would be "so people play the current x-pac". But at what point would you want it implemented in a new x-pac? After 6 months? A year?

How many characters do you have after all and why would you need more. I won't lie...I like levelling (and try not to die in the process) - and if I really needed a fast max level too I still have 3 unused boosts and only need to do the last 10 levels.

...and technically you are indeed right. I guess that is not what OP wants though
    Please look at my comment above.

Not talking about DesMephisto but... it takes like a day maximum for average Joe now to level 0-60 with the tutorial zone, WM, Chromie etc...
    Last edited by Wythel; 2021-02-08 at 02:39 PM.

The first response to your post literally gave you the answer.

There is nothing P2W in WoW at the moment also.

It's clear you just want to complain and don't care about actual answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Not talking about DesMephisto but... it takes like a day maximum for average Joe now to level 0-60 with the tutorial zone, WM, Chromie etc...
    'A day' is rather imprecise. Do you mean 24h playtime? Or a couple of hours in the evening?

10+ Year Old Account
    The price of level boost should be lowered. When the max level was 120, I could see a need for it. However, leveling from 1-50 is a breeze now, so it shouldn't be its current price.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The price of level boost should be lowered. When the max level was 120, I could see a need for it. However, leveling from 1-50 is a breeze now, so it shouldn't be its current price.
    If it's a breeze, why buy a boost.

If you buy a boost, it's not a breeze to you and you are willing to pay to get around it.

You can't have it both.

Different level boost services are a bit redundant. It also clutters the Shop, which leads to individual things looking less valuable. If it replaced prior cap level boosts as we have been getting it would trivialize progression and story experience for those who still just want to jump into a new expansion, so that much can't happen. It would also lead to fotm rerolling, not only just for spec dominance per tier but also in arbitrary ways like people boosting a mirror of the same class to get around more permanent choices like Covenants and such. Combined it's just another way of p2w which quite frankly hurts an MMOs reception. P2w is the type of thing people ask about when getting into mmos now, and ones that have it may not get tried, and when players discover it has it can dissuade them from playing the game. People are so invested in performance nowadays that whether they do good in a game or not is how people can get tricked into keep playing games now, both in PvE and PvP, so a straight shortcut that is so blatantly disrespectful towards a player's natural improvement and honest competition of a game that not only would it not convince anyone they earned whatever progress they just got, but also it would create a bad impression on other players -- is this player boosted, what about that person? Oh, that person doing bad in a dungeon? Must be boosted. It also creates uncomfortable social situations - a guild gifts you a boost so you can be a fotm pick, and they've spent money on you and it is technically better but it isn't the character you wanted to make -- do you swap for the benefit of the team or not? These choices are paralyzing for some people. Frankly I think the prior cap boosts are infinitely better. There's a lot wrong with a pure current cap boost which is why they went for the prior cap boosts in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    'A day' is rather imprecise. Do you mean 24h playtime? Or a couple of hours in the evening?
    I leveled 10 characters up after shadowlands pre-patch (so new leveling with chromie time).

It took 8-9 hours /played to level a char from lv1 to 50 to me doing a pretty casual route (no leveling addon or anything).
    On average with only questing.

I would say 50-60 takes about the same time with the Fate system. Could be faster based on your knowledge/ group size.

So 15 - 20 hours /played should be a very casual time.

Boosts are meant to bring your character to the current expansion, thats all. The max level boosts are to entice players to try new classes at the end of an expansion. If you don't like leveling, either don't level or wait for the boost after SLands

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is not the actual forum to pose this question, but I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Why do you think Blizzard haven't implemented a max level boost yet? What could be the reason/logic behind that? They went as far as to allow P2W, so why not this?

Personally, after playing WoW actively since day 1 and leveling SOOO SOOOOOOO MANY chars and levels, I wouldn't mind paying for it, even if it costed like 50 euro or so. For me, times have changed from lots of free time and no money to almost no free time and more (but never enough) money.
    Too soon for a lvl 60 boost. Maybe half way through.

Leveling is already so easy anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The first response to your post literally gave you the answer.

There is nothing P2W in WoW at the moment also.

It's clear you just want to complain and don't care about actual answers.
    You're wrong.

You can buy tokens with money and sell them for gold. Then you can use the gold to buy top ilvl gear and rock the world (of warcraft). How is that not P2W?

No, the first post did nothing more than to point out the current state of leveling and max lvl boost options, none of which are actuall topic related.

And no, I am not here to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I just don't see a reason not to have the option. And this applies to everybody in here who is stating that leveling is already fast. Ok, cool, you guys can level if it's fast enough for you, but leveling is neither enjoying nor fast for me, so what could be the reason not to be given this option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Weird, I know...since people accuse them of being greedy and milking people as much as they can. Yet here you are...willing to fork over your money and they just won't take it.....
    At the very least, I don't see the addition of max lvl boos hurting somebody. People can already buy strong items with money. Many prefer to farm items. So vice versa but for leveling, people don't mind the current fast leveling pace, so why not give others the option to pay for 60?

You're wrong.

You can buy tokens with money and sell them for gold. Then you can use the gold to buy top ilvl gear and rock the world (of warcraft). How is that not P2W?

No, the first post did nothing more than to point out the current state of leveling and max lvl boost options, none of which are actuall topic related.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see a reason not to have the option. And this applies to everybody in here who is stating that leveling is already fast. Ok, cool, you guys can level if it's fast enough for you, but leveling is neither enjoying nor fast for me, so what could be the reason not to be given this option.
    *SIGH*, another one.

Buying all that gear does not make a player, good.
    Buying a boost to raid bosses, doesn't make you a good player, and most players look down on those buying their way to kills and raid gear/PVP ratings.
    Buying gold doesn't guarantee you the best gear from the AH. You only buy gold to spend on things that can be traded for it in-game, but the gear has to be present on the AH and for that, you need other players selling said gear.

There is no P2W in this game, unless you consider buying your way to seeing raid bosses go down and PVP rating, "winning".

A fully Mythic geared shitty player that bought his gear from other players will not "rock the world of warcraft", they'll still be shit players, they haven't won a single thing and they've spent real money just to /flex in cities. Wow, so much WINNING!

NabyBro is not wrong, you are. This game has no real "winning" to it. But by all means, do tell us the factual way in which one can "win" this game. I'm sure you have an example for us to scoff at.

And level 60 boosts will become available during the final patch of the expansion, as has been the case since they first introduced the level boost.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-02-08 at 03:14 PM.

You're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

" Max level boosts come with pre-orders for the next expansion, has been like that since late MoP / WoD pre-orders. "

There is your explanation.

You cannot buy gear with your money. You can buy gold.
    Everything else from that point onwards is supplied by players not Blizzard.

From this point this would be a different conversation and you obviously don't care about reality so I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    *SIGH*, another one.

Buying all that gear does not make a player, good.
    Buying a boost to raid bosses, doesn't make you a good player, and most players look down on those buying their way to kills and raid gear/PVP ratings.
    Buying gold doesn't guarantee you the best gear from the AH. You only buy gold to spend on things that can be traded for it in-game, but the gear has to be present on the AH and for that, you need other players selling said gear.

There is no P2W in this game, unless you consider buying your way to seeing raid bosses go down and PVP rating, "winning".

A fully Mythic geared shitty player that bought his gear from other players will not "rock the world of warcraft", they'll still be shit players, they haven't won a single thing and they've spent real money just to /flex in cities. Wow, so much WINNING!

NabyBro is not wrong, you are. This game has no real "winning" to it. But by all means, do tell us the factual way in which one can "win" this game. I'm sure you have an example for us to scoff at.

And level 60 boosts will become available during the final patch of the expansion, as has been the case since they first introduced the level boost.
    Don't forget that to get to that point you have to spend hundreds ff not thousands of dollars... depending on the token prices.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Don't forget that to get to that point you have to spend hundreds ff not thousands of dollars... depending on the token prices.
    Yep. There's no "winning" about it, just a whale spending money to maybe fool people in cities that they actually did something in-game. Once they start paying their way to full Mythic gear/high PVP rating, they tend to continue doing so, never earning anything on their own through their own skill as a player. What winners they are, huh?

Why do you think Blizzard haven't implemented a max level boost yet?
    Obviously cause its projected to cause a loss. Now the reasoning for that is guesswork. My bet is they like to rely on sunk cost fallacy. Many people get locked into the game because they have to much "invested".