The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Whelp, they gave it to Brady because of course they did.

In Bradys last two Super Bowl wins his defense held two of the best offenses to a combined 12 points.

I still think it should have been White. 12 total tackles (twice as much as any other player in his team), 8 for a loss, 2 solo tackles, 1 pass deflection, and 1 interception to keep the Chiefs out of the endzone, and was involved in just about every play.
    If they did a full-playoffs MVP it has to be White.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As a Packers fan I think looking at their postseason should also be a big proof that a consistently good D-line massively beats out having one GOAT lineman and a bunch of filler any day. E

You can't stop the Bucs' Defense like you can the Rams'. Double team whoever you want someone else is gonna get free and put on the pressure. Even if it's Aaron Donald that gets the fame.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup they gave it to Brady when the Defense won the game. SMH.

Let's hope that the told the NFL he's retiring and it's a "lifetime achievement" SBMVP.
    Yep. That Bucs front 6 was reminiscent of the front line of the Giants the two years they beat the Patriots, or some of the great defenses like the Purple People Eaters. Unless you have an absolute all-star OL that can block them all with only 4 or 5 guys, they're going to get to the QB.

- - - Updated - - -

If they did a full-playoffs MVP it has to be White.
    Dude is a monster. He's like another Kuechly, only without the injuries so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Second, after the Holding penalty.
    That one was just brutal. To go from an interception to a red zone possession like that.

They had the top passing attack led by Jameis Winston despite having twice as many turnovers as the 2nd-highest team last year backed by the top pressure defenses.

Only thing that has really changed this year is they've thrown a lot less interceptions and thrown a few more touchdowns, and improved their run game. Why would you think any decent QB couldn't have done that?
    Peyton Manning in his first year in Arians system(yes, his rookie year) threw 28 interceptions. Brady throwing 12, in his first season in the system, at the age of 43 no less, is fucking miraculous. The only thing worse than a Brady fan boy who thinks he is the only reason the Patriots were successful are the Brady haters who think he is a system QB who is outclassed by Rodgers and Mahomes. It's a joke at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Peyton Manning in his first year in Arians system(yes, his rookie year) threw 28 interceptions. Brady throwing 12, in his first season in the system, at the age of 43 no less, is fucking miraculous. The only thing worse than a Brady fan boy who thinks he is the only reason the Patriots were successful are the Brady haters who think he is a system QB who is outclassed by Rodgers and Mahomes. It's a joke at this point.
    Comparing a rookies first year to a 43-year-old vet is a pretty bad comparison, no matter who that rookie is.

It's possible to think Brady is a good QB while also recognizing that Brady took over the ideal situation for a QB, and there are plenty of QBs who would have been successful in that situation.

The Bucs just needed a QB to do better job of protecting the ball than 30-for-30 Winston. The fact that they landed Tom Brady certain didn't hurt things for them at all, but I can't understand why so many people think they weren't at least a playoff team with better QB play than Winston gave them, and that there aren't multiple QBs in the league who could've done so.

Yeah this Buccs D is something special, JPP is a gifted DE, Devin White is a beast, then you have Lavonte David, and Shaq, someone managed 19 sacks last season... Suh, Vita Vea. Crazy group.

Even if Eric Fisher played it doesn't make any difference really... Chiefs just played poorly and got way too much calls.

I think later on we will see more SBs with Mahomes in it. He have so much time to catch up.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2021-02-08 at 04:33 AM.

If you guys could have this filled out and on my desk by tomorrow COB that would be great. Thanks.

Mods I dont know how to shrink the picture.

Comparing a rookies first year to a 43-year-old vet is a pretty bad comparison, no matter who that rookie is.

It's possible to think Brady is a good QB while also recognizing that Brady took over the ideal situation for a QB, and there are plenty of QBs who would have been successful in that situation.

The Bucs just needed a QB to do better job of protecting the ball than 30-for-30 Winston. The fact that they landed Tom Brady certain didn't hurt things for them at all, but I can't understand why so many people think they weren't at least a playoff team with better QB play than Winston gave them, and that there aren't multiple QBs in the league who could've done so.
    How have rookies compared to 40+ year olds in the past? Peyton Manning at 40: 9 td 17 int, Brett Favre at 41: 11 td 19 int. The only person remotely comparable to Brady is Drew Brees at this age. Or we can look at other QBs going into the Arians system. Carson Palmer year one with Arians: 24 td 22 int. But then people in this thread are also talking about how Brady "did nothing in this game" when he threw for 3 TDs with 0 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Yeah this Buccs D is something special, JPP is a gifted DE, Devin White is a beast, then you have Lavonte David, and Shaq, someone managed 19 sacks last season... Suh, Vita Vea. Crazy group.

Even if Eric Fisher played it doesn't make any difference really... Chiefs just played poorly and got way too much calls.

I think later on we will see more SBs with Mahomes in it. He have so much time to catch up.
    Let's slow down, Bucs weren't exactly a juggernaut all year. They lost 5 times including two stompings by the Saints. The got better at the right time and played great in the last quarter of the season into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    How have rookies compared to 40+ year olds in the past? Peyton Manning at 40: 9 td 17 int, Brett Favre at 41: 11 td 19 int. The only person remotely comparable to Brady is Drew Brees at this age. Or we can look at other QBs going into the Arians system. Carson Palmer year one with Arians: 24 td 22 int. But then people in this thread are also talking about how Brady "did nothing in this game" when he threw for 3 TDs with 0 turnovers.
    You mean the year Manning played after having neck surgery where they fused his vertebre together and Brett "All-Time interceptions leader and no one is even close" Favre, both of whom were in their very last year? How about compare their stats from their first season with their 2nd team.

Manning - 37:11 ratio with the Broncos
    Farve- 22:22 ratio with the Jets (though he followed it up with a (33:7 ratio the next year with the Vikings, who were much better than the Jets).

And Carson Palmer averaged a 3% interception ratio, so a season with a 3.8% is just a slightly below average season for him. The only year his percentage was under 2% was a season where he played only 6 games.

I haven't seen anyone in here say Brady had nothing to do with their win tonight. But I've seen a lot of folks highlight how silly it is that Brady gets all the credit when the Bucs defense absolutely shutdown the Chiefs, and the Bucs offense greatly benefited from a half of one-sided penalties.

You can recognize Brady is a quality QB while also recognizing that the Bucs where already in a position to make a deep run (why do you think Brady chose them over all the other teams who needed an upgrade at QB?) with a defense that was already great at pressuring the QB and defending the pass paired with a really strong passing attack that was derailed by interceptions last year.

Genuine letdown of a game. I had Bucs +3 and figured it’d be close, especially with the issues on the Chiefs offensive line but never thought we’d see a Tampa blowout. Felt like Mahomes had defenders in his face as soon as the ball got snapped all night long.

Gonna call it now, Rams/Chiefs next year. I’m still not sure anyone on the AFC side is dethroning KC, especially if they can shore up a few things in the off season. I’m all over the Rams with Stafford. If McVay is half the coach he is always touted as, they should be NASTY next year(and quite honestly I don’t have any faith in GB getting Rodgers some help).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Let's slow down, Bucs weren't exactly a juggernaut all year. They lost 5 times including two stompings by the Saints. The got better at the right time and played great in the last quarter of the season into the playoffs.
    Yeah they are not super great early because Brady just joined them, new to the Tampa Bay system, after they figured out they gained more experience.

"They even had trouble dealing with the Giants... almost lost to them"
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2021-02-08 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How do you let a fan run around on the field during the Covid Bowl? Smh.
    It's Florida.
    /s

The overturned INT where the ball bounced off the receiver on the ground's hand and picked off by the Bucs was a pretty awful call. Really, you gonna a) blow that play dead without letting it conclude (after which you could review it and overturn the result if it was actually an incomplete pass, which it wasn't) and b) not take another look at it? I mean I realize the game was pretty much over at that point but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Yeah they are not super great early because Brady just joined them, new to the Tampa Bay system, after they figured out they gained more experience.
    3 of their losses were in the 2nd half of the season though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Genuine letdown of a game. I had Bucs +3 and figured it’d be close, especially with the issues on the Chiefs offensive line but never thought we’d see a Tampa blowout. Felt like Mahomes had defenders in his face as soon as the ball got snapped all night long.

Gonna call it now, Rams/Chiefs next year. I’m still not sure anyone on the AFC side is dethroning KC, especially if they can shore up a few things in the off season. I’m all over the Rams with Stafford. If McVay is half the coach he is always touted as, they should be NASTY next year(and quite honestly I don’t have any faith in GB getting Rodgers some help).
    Chiefs don't make it to a third. Usually when you lose you also have a bad season afterwards. Of course bad for the Chiefs is probably like 10-6, lose the Division to the Chargers, and get bounced in the Divisional Round.

My way too early prediction is Bills out of the AFC and....

Man I actually have every single NFC playoff team from this year taking a step back next year, huh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Chiefs don't make it to a third. Usually when you lose you also have a bad season afterwards. Of course bad for the Chiefs is probably like 10-6, lose the Division to the Chargers, and get bounced in the Divisional Round.

My way too early prediction is Bills out of the AFC and....

Man I actually have every single NFC playoff team from this year taking a step back next year, huh.
    Pats pulled it off against the Rams after losing to the Eagles the prior year just a few years ago, so we do have a very recent example of bucking that trend.

The odds are definitely stacked against them, but I would not be surprised at all if the Chiefs bounce back and make it to the Super Bowl again.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    The overturned INT where the ball bounced off the receiver on the ground's hand and picked off by the Bucs was a pretty awful call. Really, you gonna a) blow that play dead without letting it conclude (after which you could review it and overturn the result if it was actually an incomplete pass, which it wasn't) and b) not take another look at it? I mean I realize the game was pretty much over at that point but come on.
    Huh? That was the right call on that play. The ball hit the ground = incomplete. If you want to complain about the officials there are tons more things you can bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    No real surprises in the NFL honors aside from megatron being a first ballot HOF.

Wilson won WPMOTY award too. Hes done a ton for the Seattle area. Between the visit to the childrens hospital every week, tuition free charter school for kids, 1m meals when covid first hit. I also heard recently hes doing some sorta program for domestic violence victims as well. Definitely earned it.
    I feel like McD got shafted for COTY over Stefanski. Stefanski basically won it for breaking Cleveland's drought, but McD didn't get it for breaking a bigger drought in '17. Stefanski finished 3rd in his division, lost to the Jets, and had 4-0 against the NFC East. They had one of the 4 easiest schedules in the league, there's a reason 3 teams from the AFC North went to the playoffs, and that reason is because they played the NFC East.

Meanwhile McD had one of the hardest schedules in the league, won 13 games, grew from his normal mindset of being a defensive coach, was stellar on 4th down and time management issues (best in the league, in fact), and won the division for the first time in 25 years. And was the #2 seed, which no one predicted.

I think the Bills could make it next year if they somehow acquire a pass rush. Their defense could be legit if the qbs didn't have all day to throw.

Well, I suppose the could really stand to get better at running the ball too, so maybe they are worse off than I thought.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

As a Packers fan I think looking at their postseason should also be a big proof that a consistently good D-line massively beats out having one GOAT lineman and a bunch of filler any day. E

You can't stop the Bucs' Defense like you can the Rams'. Double team whoever you want someone else is gonna get free and put on the pressure. Even if it's Aaron Donald that gets the fame.
    As a Bills fan, I'm wondering why these calls against the Chiefs weren't called against the Bills despite them holding our WRs much more severely than anything last night, and

As a Bills fan speaking to a Packers fan, I'm wondering if you're wondering why the Bucs weren't called for anything despite playing the same physical defense like they did in GB, where nothing was also called despite being some obvious fouls missed.

My gf and I left after the 3rd quarter because there was nothing left to watch, and apparently I was right because the game ended the same score at the end of the 3rd as it did in the 4th?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I think the Bills could make it next year if they somehow acquire a pass rush. Their defense could be legit if the qbs didn't have all day to throw.

Well, I suppose the could really stand to get better at running the ball too, so maybe they are worse off than I thought.
    Pass rush all day, every day. We're losing 3 OL too, so we probably have to focus on both lines.

A tweet from Bucky Jones pointed out TB played the exact same defense as the Bills against the Chiefs....it's just that the Bucs have insane pressure from just rushing 4. 57% pressure rate against Mahomes (highest in a SB ever), just 9% blitz (very low). Bills played the right scheme, they didn't have the people to execute it though. Getting Star Lotulelei back (COVID opt-out) to swallow 2-3 people inside should help both LBs, and Ed Oliver as the 3-tech, but we need two good DEs. Jerry Hughes is old, and the other side wasn't any better.