5+ Year Old Account
    Is Canada n Latin America interested in this sport, or is it strictly a US thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Huh? That was the right call on that play. The ball hit the ground = incomplete. If you want to complain about the officials there are tons more things you can bring up.
    It didn't hit the ground. It hit the top of the player's hand and bounced up-replay clearly showed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is Canada n Latin America interested in this sport, or is it strictly a US thing?
    They're both interested. I know Canada has the CFL (with a different ruleset but same basic game) and the NFL does yearly games at this point in Mexico City (and London).

Honestly were the NFL not so laser focused on the London question they'd probably have an international team already either in Canada or Mexico.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As a Bills fan, I'm wondering why these calls against the Chiefs weren't called against the Bills despite them holding our WRs much more severely than anything last night, and

As a Bills fan speaking to a Packers fan, I'm wondering if you're wondering why the Bucs weren't called for anything despite playing the same physical defense like they did in GB, where nothing was also called despite being some obvious fouls missed.

My gf and I left after the 3rd quarter because there was nothing left to watch, and apparently I was right because the game ended the same score at the end of the 3rd as it did in the 4th?

- - - Updated - - -

Pass rush all day, every day. We're losing 3 OL too, so we probably have to focus on both lines.

A tweet from Bucky Jones pointed out TB played the exact same defense as the Bills against the Chiefs....it's just that the Bucs have insane pressure from just rushing 4. 57% pressure rate against Mahomes (highest in a SB ever), just 9% blitz (very low). Bills played the right scheme, they didn't have the people to execute it though. Getting Star Lotulelei back (COVID opt-out) to swallow 2-3 people inside should help both LBs, and Ed Oliver as the 3-tech, but we need two good DEs. Jerry Hughes is old, and the other side wasn't any better.
    Saints play a similar scheme, relying on the front four with limited blitzing, but that was the game Brees was rushed back for and offensive possession time was very low or that game could have gone differently too. Teams have figured out how to limit KC, they just need to execute.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Saints play a similar scheme, relying on the front four with limited blitzing, but that was the game Brees was rushed back for and offensive possession time was very low or that game could have gone differently too. Teams have figured out how to limit KC, they just need to execute.
    Yep turns out you beat Patrick Mahomes by pressuring him. Just like any QB. The Chiefs' strength is their O-Line, and honestly the Bucs got really lucky to face two teams in Green Bay and KC that were dealing with O-Line injuries at the time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So you're saying TB can thank the Bills for their tough game against the Chiefs and the injuries of two of their starting tackles, leading to re-shuffling of 4 lineman and three backups playing?

It's little consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yep turns out you beat Patrick Mahomes by pressuring him. Just like any QB. The Chiefs' strength is their O-Line, and honestly the Bucs got really lucky to face two teams in Green Bay and KC that were dealing with O-Line injuries at the time.
    Pretty much. It gets a lot easier when the team you are playing has a makeshift O-line and cannot handle a basic rush anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    in Brazil, the NBA and the NFL are arguably more popular than any national league except for soccer First Division league. MLB and NHL not so popular though.

Seeing that Mike Remmers was playing LT for the Chiefs tells me all I need to know about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think too much attention is going to the fact that the Chiefs O-line was banged up and not enough to the fact they ran 5 man protection schemes 92% of the time despite Mahomes running for his life.

There's also no attention going to the fact that the Chiefs stubbornly kept trying to throw the ball, when the run was there all night and was hardly used.

This was just a failure of the Chiefs coaching staff to adjust, in the face of overwhelming evidence that their gameplan wasn't working.

On the flipside, the Bucs kept adjusting to everything and throwing new wrinkles in there throughout the game. In a battle of coaching minds, Reid, Bieniemy and Spagnulo got their pants pulled down.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think too much attention is going to the fact that the Chiefs O-line was banged up and not enough to the fact they ran 5 man protection schemes 92% of the time despite Mahomes running for his life.

There's also no attention going to the fact that the Chiefs stubbornly kept trying to throw the ball, when the run was there all night and was hardly used.

This was just a failure of the Chiefs coaching staff to adjust, in the face of overwhelming evidence that their gameplan wasn't working.

On the flipside, the Bucs kept adjusting to everything and throwing new wrinkles in there throughout the game. In a battle of coaching minds, Reid, Bieniemy and Spagnulo got their pants pulled down.
    Yeah it really said a lot that the Chiefs refused to adjust and continued to abandon the run. They needed to provide more help for that O-line by using Tight Ends and running backs to help chip/block. Never been a fan of Spagnulo since I got to see him coach a defense for the Saints in '12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Never been a fan of Spagnulo since I got to see him coach a defense for the Saints in '12.
    AKA the worst defense in NFL history. I have plenty of ire for former Saints DCs, its not a distinguished group.
    /s

Interesting to think about the other teams Brady might have gone to instead of Tampa. He wanted 49ers and the Saints were also a strong possibility if Brees had retired. Either one of those teams probably goes to the Super Bowl as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Interesting to think about the other teams Brady might have gone to instead of Tampa. He wanted 49ers and the Saints were also a strong possibility if Brees had retired. Either one of those teams probably goes to the Super Bowl as well.
    I'd rather lose to Brady than become Brady.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Have you seen how many injuries the 49ers had? They weren't going to win anything this season.

10+ Year Old Account

You know Wilson was up there with Goodell saying "and this is why you run the ball with double high safeties"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    You know Wilson was up there with Goodell saying "and this is why you run the ball with double high safeties"
    All I saw was Wilson sitting there the only person in the room wearing a tie while Ciara talked across him breaking it down to a Goodell trying desperately to ignore her.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to run when you’re behind 45 min of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Hard to run when you’re behind 45 min of the game
    It was 21-6 at halftime and 21-9 in the third. There was plenty of time to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Have you seen how many injuries the 49ers had? They weren't going to win anything this season.
    Its a what if. They may not have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Marty Schottenheimer

I will always have fond memories of those days when I didn't hate the Chargers, with Marty, Brees, and LT. I didn't always appreciate Martyball but I appreciated Marty.
    /s