Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

What Lor'themar should have been done.

During MoP the Sunreavers got killed and jailed by an angry Jaina. What Lor'themar should have been doing is to gather an attack force and free the Sunreavers out of their situation. That would have shown him to be a great leader. Instead he appeased the alliance and did nothing to aid his people. Which makes him to be an awful leader. Rommath and all true sin'dorei should work to overthrow his regime and give the blood elves something better. Someone who doesn't work in alliance's interests first and the ones of his people last. Down with Lor'themar and his injust government!

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, that's worse and you're wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    The bloods Elves are blessed to have Lor’themar as their leader.

Out of all the leaders in WoW he is one of the best in terms of actual governance.

When was the Sunreavers of the Kirin Tor "his people"? Sure they were from the same race, however, they had splintered from the greater BE race even though they betrayed their pledge of neutrality by aiding the Horde.

If Lor'themar has moved he would just have piled on. At the time the Horde had yet to formally declare war and by him moving he would. Politics, you're simply acting too much on emotion to fathom it.

I find it interesting that you're advocating for "might is right," which is essentially Fascism as it's ruling by the violent suppression of anyone that opposes you whether externally or internally.

If Jaina did not expell the Sunreavers, BElfs would be Alliance now. It's just another plot that fell victim to WoW's gameplay restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    During MoP the Sunreavers got killed and jailed by an angry Jaina. What Lor'themar should have been doing is to gather an attack force and free the Sunreavers out of their situation. That would have shown him to be a great leader. Instead, he appeased the alliance and did nothing to aid his people. Which makes him to be an awful leader. Rommath and all true sin'dorei should work to overthrow his regime and give the blood elves something better. Someone who doesn't work in alliance's interests first and the ones of his people last. Down with Lor'themar and his injust government!
    so.. he would cause even further bloodshed by doing that.

Please note that only Those who resisted were actually killed while yes there where civilians who were attacked that was not done by Jaina specifically, despite what the ingame things shows, most where put into the violet hold and later on released.

"while some Silver Covenant opportunists took the chance to rob, attack, and otherwise harass the civilians of their political rivals." -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Purge_of_Dalaran you would understand Jaina's action if you played through the whole storyline as Alliance, Garrosh as the Horde Warchief used Dalaran to get a weapon of Mass destruction, just as he had bombed theramore as the WARCHIEF of the HORDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post

Please note that only Those who resisted were actually killed while yes there where civilians who were attacked that was not done by Jaina specifically, despite what the ingame things shows, most where put into the violet hold and later on released.

"while some Silver Covenant opportunists took the chance to rob, attack, and otherwise harass the civilians of their political rivals." -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Purge_of_Dalaran you would understand Jaina's action if you played through the whole storyline as Alliance, Garrosh as the Horde Warchief used Dalaran to get a weapon of Mass destruction, just as he had bombed theramore as the WARCHIEF of the HORDE.
    Jaina and the silver covenant are responsible for the massacre and Lor'themar has still done nothing to retaliate at them for that. What I want here is JUSTICE something we don't get in a game where blizzard is biased for the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina and the silver covenant are responsible for the massacre and Lor'themar has still done nothing to retaliate at them for that. What I want here is JUSTICE something we don't get in a game where blizzard is biased for the alliance.

Also wasn't that massacre retaliation for something?

I agree with OP. Lor'themar has done nothing but grind the Sin'dorei down. The Blood Elves were almost destroyed by the Scourge, and what does he do? Puts Sin'dorei on the front lines of almost every conflict the Horde has thrown them into, sometimes even as the initial invasion force (probably due to their adeptness with portal magic and eagerness for magical artifacts the lesser races of the Horde/Alliance would squander). Breaking the Sunreavers out would've been a great move, and wouldn't be the first time Blood Elves have broken Blood Elves out of Dalaran prisons. Humans are scum, through and through. Anyone advocating for Blood Elves rejoining the Alliance is missing braincells. Humans defected en masse to join the Scourge. How many High Elves betrayed? Incredibly few, only one notable House. Humans are a weakness and a liability, giving them magic was a huge mistake the Elves may never financially recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmondCreighton View Post
    I agree with OP. Lor'themar has done nothing but grind the Sin'dorei down. The Blood Elves were almost destroyed by the Scourge, and what does he do? Puts Sin'dorei on the front lines of almost every conflict the Horde has thrown them into, sometimes even as the initial invasion force (probably due to their adeptness with portal magic and eagerness for magical artifacts the lesser races of the Horde/Alliance would squander). Breaking the Sunreavers out would've been a great move, and wouldn't be the first time Blood Elves have broken Blood Elves out of Dalaran prisons. Humans are scum, through and through. Anyone advocating for Blood Elves rejoining the Alliance is missing braincells. Humans defected en masse to join the Scourge. How many High Elves betrayed? Incredibly few, only one notable House. Humans are a weakness and a liability, giving them magic was a huge mistake the Elves may never financially recover from.
    We certainly agree on all these things my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    yeah, for something most sunreavers didnt even know happened, but why try to find who is actualy guilty when you can just attack everyone in blind rage...

Rommath personally lead a team to rescue the Sunreavers during the purge. That Aethas hadn't been imprisoned during the entirety of (and perhaps even after) Jaina's leadership is thanks to Silvermoon's intervention.

I disagree that pursuing "JUSTICE" at any cost makes a good leader.

i love how alliance soldiers killing shopkeepers (a.k.a. unarmed civilians) in their own shops and feeding sunreavers to sharks was retconed to "harassing"...
    Jaina led ethnic purge instead of trying to find out who is actualy guilty, retconing that is slap in the face of lore fans... but nothing unusual, everything alliance does is forgoten or retconed or justified with some weak ass apology...

even though i would hate if they made redemption arc for Sylvanas, i would sooo love to see all alliance apologist and hypocrites trying to figure out how to twist reality so they can still be mad at something that was done for greater good...

If you actually played throught the storyline you'd know that Jaina, leader of the kirin tor, was actively helping the alliance by protecting the most vile mages of a faction of azeroth to study that artifact.

Jaina is the most hipocrite character ever.
    -"Hey Varian you want to attack Orgrimar ? No problem use my city to do it we are quite close."
    -"Gnééééééééé Theramore was a neutral city why did the horde retaliated against us bouhouhouhou".

-"Hey Kirin tor guys ? Do you want to be neutral and kill horde guys ?"
    -"Gnééééééééé the horde kill neutral people during their attack on Theramore bouhouhou."
    With Veressa : "bouhouhou I was killing horde guys and they killed my husband. They are so evil".

Then again Jaina : "Hello alliance you seem to have found a powerfull artifact, I will neutrally help you against the horde"
    "HOOOOO a guy from the horde helped the horde throught Dalaran! They are so evil and so not neutral, let's kill those fleurists and the ones who don't want to end up in a magical jail were they should have died 10 years ago by the hand of the Kirin Tor."

Wow writing is garbage, but Jaina is probably the worst of the worst.

And yeah Lorthemar is a piece of trash.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That would have been an incredibly stupid thing to do when you have some one like garrosh In charge who is unraveling and burning bridges left and right.

Putting a huge target on the blood elfs instead of trying to keep the peace would be suicidal.

- - - Updated - - -

There is literally nothing to be gained from retaliation other then more death blood elfs.

During MoP the Sunreavers got killed and jailed by an angry Jaina. What Lor'themar should have been doing is to gather an attack force and free the Sunreavers out of their situation. That would have shown him to be a great leader.
    That would have done nothing except escalate the conflict, especially since the Sunreavers have been shown to not be a trustworthy group thanks to Garrosh's meddling. The blood elves might have been the ones to taught the humans the ways of magic, but that does not necessarily mean the blood elves are more powerful than the humans and gnomes today.

Plus, Dalaran is a flying city now, to access to it is very limited and hard to approach without being noticed. And the blood elves can't even lay siege to the city because that would risk killing the blood elves currently imprisoned within it.

Instead he appeased the alliance and did nothing to aid his people. Which makes him to be an awful leader.
    Perhaps he is a better leader than you think. Perhaps he was aware of certain things like what I just mentioned above. Perhaps he is also aware that this entire thing happened because Jaina, the currently leader of the Kirin Tor, was betrayed twice by Sunreaver blood elves. First during the siege of Theramore, and then by using Dalaran to steal the Divine Bell out of Darnassus.

Rommath and all true sin'dorei should work to overthrow his regime and give the blood elves something better.
    Considering that Rommath and the other blood elves still respect Lor'themar should tell you something.

Someone who doesn't work in alliance's interests first and the ones of his people last.
    Why am I not surprised that a Horde player (I'm assuming you are, considering your post) believes that avoiding escalation of conflicts and unnecessary deaths is "working in the Alliance's interests".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i love how alliance soldiers killing shopkeepers (a.k.a. unarmed civilians) in their own shops and feeding sunreavers to sharks was retconed to "harassing"...
    Jaina led ethnic purge instead of trying to find out who is actualy guilty, retconing that is slap in the face of lore fans... but nothing unusual, everything alliance does is forgoten or retconed or justified with some weak ass apology...

even though i would hate if they made redemption arc for Sylvanas, i would sooo love to see all alliance apologist and hypocrites trying to figure out how to twist reality so they can still be mad at something that was done for greater good...
    It wasn’t retconned that’s just the framing a fan site is using all the quest are still canon until something from blizzard changes them.

Jiana and the silver covenant attacked and killed those who wouldn’t go quietly.

Also the shop keepers weren’t unarmed civilians they all either had weapons or magic.

Sure. After the Alliance gets their justice for the Horde blighting the hell out of Southshore and Hillsbrad farms. Which would happen after the Horde gets their revenge for the Alliance attacking Taraujo. Which would happen after the Alliance gets their revenge for this, which would happen after the Horde gets their revenge for that, and on and on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That would have been an incredibly stupid thing to do when you have some one like garrosh In charge who is unraveling and burning bridges left and right.

Putting a huge target on the blood elfs instead of trying to keep the peace would be suicidal.

- - - Updated - - -

There is literally nothing to be gained from retaliation other then more death blood elfs.
    The freedom of his people is worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sure. After the Alliance gets their justice for the Horde blighting the hell out of Southshore and Hillsbrad farms. Which would happen after the Horde gets their revenge for the Alliance attacking Taraujo. Which would happen after the Alliance gets their revenge for this, which would happen after the Horde gets their revenge for that, and on and on and on...
    If a Horde characters had even half as much crap as Jaina did that characters would been killed off in a raid fight. Jaina however avoided that fate because Blizzard is biased in the aliance favor.

- - - Updated - - -

That would have done nothing except escalate the conflict, especially since the Sunreavers have been shown to not be a trustworthy group thanks to Garrosh's meddling. The blood elves might have been the ones to taught the humans the ways of magic, but that does not necessarily mean the blood elves are more powerful than the humans and gnomes today.

Plus, Dalaran is a flying city now, to access to it is very limited and hard to approach without being noticed. And the blood elves can't even lay siege to the city because that would risk killing the blood elves currently imprisoned within it.

Perhaps he is a better leader than you think. Perhaps he was aware of certain things like what I just mentioned above. Perhaps he is also aware that this entire thing happened because Jaina, the currently leader of the Kirin Tor, was betrayed twice by Sunreaver blood elves. First during the siege of Theramore, and then by using Dalaran to steal the Divine Bell out of Darnassus.

Considering that Rommath and the other blood elves still respect Lor'themar should tell you something.

Why am I not surprised that a Horde player (I'm assuming you are, considering your post) believes that avoiding escalation of conflicts and unnecessary deaths is "working in the Alliance's interests".
    Alliance players hate it when someone calls them out on their crap. You are no different. You will see no sympathy for me for any alliance dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    If you actually played throught the storyline you'd know that Jaina, leader of the kirin tor, was actively helping the alliance by protecting the most vile mages of a faction of azeroth to study that artifact.

Jaina is the most hipocrite character ever.
    -"Hey Varian you want to attack Orgrimar ? No problem use my city to do it we are quite close."
    -"Gnééééééééé Theramore was a neutral city why did the horde retaliated against us bouhouhouhou".

-"Hey Kirin tor guys ? Do you want to be neutral and kill horde guys ?"
    -"Gnééééééééé the horde kill neutral people during their attack on Theramore bouhouhou."
    With Veressa : "bouhouhou I was killing horde guys and they killed my husband. They are so evil".

Then again Jaina : "Hello alliance you seem to have found a powerfull artifact, I will neutrally help you against the horde"
    "HOOOOO a guy from the horde helped the horde throught Dalaran! They are so evil and so not neutral, let's kill those fleurists and the ones who don't want to end up in a magical jail were they should have died 10 years ago by the hand of the Kirin Tor."

Wow writing is garbage, but Jaina is probably the worst of the worst.

And yeah Lorthemar is a piece of trash.
    Louder for the people in the back. Call the Alliance out loud and clear for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    yes... but it wasn't the Sunreavers acting so much as Garrosh's minions.

Basically, Jaina lashed out at the first people she could get her hands on and didn't bother investigating beyond walking into a room and blasting. Aethas got caught with the bag because he walked in as Garrosh was moving the divine bell and he (Aethas) knew he was fucked either way.

Jaina abused he power as head of a council to ignore the rest of the council as she locked the city down and had people trapped and killed because she judged EVERYONE involved and therefore jailed. People can argue "well she just ordered them locked up!" yeah a good argument until you realize she also told the Silver covenant to handle matters and didn't hold them accountable for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

If south shore was intended this might make for a good set up.

And hillsbrad farms.... sure if you want to make twilight cultist or other splinter groups actions the responsibility of major factions...

But comparing those to sanctioned attacks dedicated to faction powers