Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    From everything I've seen, AoS vastly outsells any edition of Warhammer Fantasy, so when they do the Old World stuff it'll probably be a more focused one off product. It certainly won't "undo" anything of the AoS stuff, and I'm sure if they ever DO decide to merge the Realms into a new world, it'll be more AoS than Fantasy.
    I think old world will be like 30K. "Sure, we're in the 40K universe, and all the shit that changes drastically from edition to edition. But we can go back to before someone's daddy issues got in the way. Then we can sell more models and use "old" rules people preferred!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

From everything I've seen, AoS vastly outsells any edition of Warhammer Fantasy, so when they do the Old World stuff it'll probably be a more focused one off product. It certainly won't "undo" anything of the AoS stuff, and I'm sure if they ever DO decide to merge the Realms into a new world, it'll be more AoS than Fantasy.
    True and they already went out to say that AoS and old world will both exist so AoS isnt going anywhere and like you said AoS have made tons of money for GW.

Think it's a big part of the sucess of Warhammer Total War and maby Vermintide series too GW is bringing back the old world but either way im extremely happy they will.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-08 at 06:07 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I think old world will be like 30K. "Sure, we're in the 40K universe, and all the shit that changes drastically from edition to edition. But we can go back to before someone's daddy issues got in the way. Then we can sell more models and use "old" rules people preferred!"
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, something like a Horus Heresy setup or whatever. Possibly like LotR. "It exists, you can shut up now!" type of customer service rather than actual support.

Or a bunch of forgeworld stuff.

It doesn't bother me either way, I just think people shouldn't get their expectations too high.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I just think people shouldn't get their expectations too high.
    Im trying not to but damn it's hard, also they did say it's years away still so not making it any easier lol.

Also pretty damn happy where AoS is going in the lore now and i didnt like it at all at the beginning like most people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    -snip-
    Whoa, those are some very cool ones, i remember playing the pc game warhammer 40k dawn of war, 1st game n the orcs had a huge beast, Squiggoth, would be cool to have a fantasy version too. Was my favorite unit, but it was a bit crazy.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Ork-Squiggoth
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/O...tuan-Squiggoth

isn't marvelous? run puny mortals!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Whoa, those are some very cool ones, i remember playing the pc game warhammer 40k dawn of war, 1st game n the orcs had a huge beast, Squiggoth, would be cool to have a fantasy version too. Was my favorite unit, but it was a bit crazy.
    Check the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Dawn Of War. Each faction has Titan units.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Ork-Squiggoth
    https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/O...tuan-Squiggoth

isn't marvelous? run puny mortals!!
    Hehe yeah that's pretty old school and love the model cant even remember last time they where mentioned in lore Orks always go with Gargants now days for the huge units like these bad boys

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-08 at 07:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Check the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Dawn Of War. Each faction has Titan units.
    i think one unit looked like the robot in old Lost in Space

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe yeah that's pretty old school and love the model cant even remember last time they where mentioned in lore Orks always go with Gargants now days for the huge units like these bad boys

https://www.games-workshop.com/resou...tompaNEW03.jpg
    whoa, how big is that chain saw, what does he cut up? big demons?

Second this awesome mod.

- - - Updated - - -

i think one unit looked like the robot in old Lost in Space

- - - Updated - - -

whoa, how big is that chain saw, what does he cut up? big demons?
    Other races versions of Titans mostly and yeah they do pack alot of dakka and other goodies and there is tons of different models/gargants in lore.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-08 at 07:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is a whole other level! That channel has some really insane custom creations...

Astartes 6 / Lost Dreadnought Episode

Minibricks
    Apr 10, 2020

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-12-19 at 03:32 PM.

I got into 40K a bit as well- more for display and personal satisfaction than playing as I find the actual game to mostly be just chess with far too many extra steps, expenses and dice rolls. The video linked above on the 6 things I wished I knew helped a ton, thinning paints is definitely the #1 tip for beginners. Sure, some other video guides will go on at length about priming techniques, shades, highlights, great looking bases, drybrushing and so forth but really for your first few models knowing the very basics is enough. Painting in sub-assembly also helps to avoid lots of mistakes and wasted time correcting them. It's not like you can't go back to your models and do the highlights and other fancy shmancy stuff later on anyway.

Personally I got the Start Collecting Chaos Space Marine box. I'm almost done painting the actual Marines which was the easy part, and while they obviously don't look as good as on the box I'm quite satisfied considering I'm pretty clumsy and impatient sometimes. It did help that I had a lot of bits remaining from an Imperial Knight I bought but had someone else assemble and paint a year ago, gave me a lot of practice before I touched the CSM models. Now I'm moving on to the Possessed and Obliterators and I'm mainly stumped by how to make the possessed fleshy bits look good. For the paints I got the Games Workshop Paints & Tools set, which wasn't that expensive and included a bunch of base colors, shades and technical paints plus a couple handy tools like the snippers. For my purposes I found that it was way more than enough for less than 50 CND.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second this awesome mod.
    If you thought UA was awesome. Try the new Unified mod. Titans, more factions, more being made. You'll be all cool and shit and suddenly Fulgrim comes through leading a pack of EC.

From watching Warhammer 40K painting tutorials. THIN YOUR PAINTS.
    Which is funny because they barely thin their paints at all in Games Workshop's official youtube channel when they're telling people to then them, they're basically just slightly dampening their brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Which is funny because they barely thin their paints at all in Games Workshop's official youtube channel when they're telling people to then them, they're basically just slightly dampening their brush.
    But that's what paint thinning is - adding water or medium to paint. By dampening the brush and mixing it with the paint on the pallete they are thinning the paint, how much water you want to add is up to you. They are just doing basic tutorials so they won't thin down the paint too much, they aren't going for painstaking super smooth glazing which requires much thinner paint.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well since I'm an amateur hobbyist and actually have bought quite a few things (I even have access to airbrush and a ton of colors/washes), I'm going to hijack this thread :-)
    I'd love some tips on paining my miniatures into a simple shade + wash.
    Something like stone. Just to give them more definition and texture.

For example something like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well since I'm an amateur hobbyist and actually have bought quite a few things (I even have access to airbrush and a ton of colors/washes), I'm going to hijack this thread :-)
    Looks good. I'm not an expert but Earthshade could help provide a dirtier look if that's what you are going for. Otherwise nuln oil is a common wash for shading.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

For example something like this:
    effects like these are very easy, this can be achieved quickly with a zenithal highlight, some drybrushing and a roughly and sparsely applied wash for the weathered rain effects.

a vid on zenithal undercoats:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgM8...channel=Miniac

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips. I need to pick this up again, painting miniatures is so calming :-)

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    But that's what paint thinning is - adding water or medium to paint. By dampening the brush and mixing it with the paint on the pallete they are thinning the paint, how much water you want to add is up to you. They are just doing basic tutorials so they won't thin down the paint too much, they aren't going for painstaking super smooth glazing which requires much thinner paint.
    There's basically no difference to the paint's consistency if you're only dampening the brush, might as well be painting straight out of the pot. A two to one or one to one paint to water ratio will actually thin paint so you're not covering up detail while not affecting its opacity too much.