Poll: Who should be the next leaders of the night elves, if not Tyrande and Malfurion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post

You serious now? After their race was pretty much pushed down the “eventual extinction” stairwell due to a genocide?

No. As long as horde remains unpunished or night elves does not get some kind if recompense for all their civilians killed there is no feasible way for them to forgive the horde realistically or horde races.
    I did say that I expected some form of emotional debt repayment, that would not necessarily come of vengeance, to come to the Night elves. I fully agree they are owed, it is the greatest outstanding debt in the game's story right now. But it doesn't have to happen in a way that feeds the cycle of vengeance for the terrestrial race war.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    and yet the "whimpy, pathetic and downright cucked" faction has managed to keep it's original cast for the past decade.
    And nobody cares about that. Find me a single Alliance leader who inspires anything other then laugher and mockery?

They all “dead” but still hobble around, pretending to be alive. Tyrande was the last one to not be entirely meme’d on and now she also gone.

And nobody cares about that. Find me a single Alliance leader who inspires anything other then laugher and mockery?

They all “dead” but still hobble around, pretending to be alive. Tyrande was the last one to not be entirely meme’d on and now she also gone.
    sounds better than the horde where all the "good" leaders have jumped in with the alliance or just not been part of any real story developments.

but again, that's splitting hairs and not at all a valid point of discussion for who should run the night elves OR a reason to prove Tyrande and Malfurion aren't one man army destroying forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I did say that I expected some form of emotional debt repayment, that would not necessarily come of vengeance, to come to the Night elves. I fully agree they are owed, it is the greatest outstanding debt in the game's story right now. But it doesn't have to happen in a way that feeds the cycle of vengeance for the terrestrial race war.
    And how ELSE they can get “repayment” without avenging their dead? Blizzard will never give then anything.

They are a dying race, homeless... well aside from Stormwind’s streets and Darkshore which is blighted, wartorn to a point of ruination and also border potentiall horde-controlled Ashenvale.

So they can only go forward by two paths: 1) Fighting to retake all what they lost and carve a bloody vengeance against the horde OR die fighting.
    2) Slowly fade away in Alliance, gone with a whimper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    sounds better than the horde where all the "good" leaders have jumped in with the alliance or just not been part of any real story developments.

but again, that's splitting hairs and not at all a valid point of discussion for who should run the night elves OR a reason to prove Tyrande and Malfurion aren't one man army destroying forces.
    I would rather have my leaders dead after ripping throats of their enemies and spilling their blood then “live” as walking memes and cardboard props.

Hell, even character like Lor’Themar or Thrall are not that “dead inside”.

What would be the point of trading Malfurion and Tyrande for Shandris and Jarold.
    Shandris is like a Tyrande but weaker and without being the "chosen one of Elune".
    And Jarold is like a Malfurion who seems to make no difference his race alone than without being the "Arch-druid".

I don't understand what is interesting about this change. It would be to continue in the same.

And by the way according to Legion to SW the Best leader would be Maiev.
    In the last novel is Claro.
    Shandris: I'm going to forgive everyone.
    Tyrande: I'm going to kill everyone.
    Maiev: I will forgive my friends and kill my enemies.

In fact, Tyrande listens to Maiev in the novel but not Shandris in SW.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-02-08 at 11:08 PM.

Not really. Forsaken are downright insane, arrogant and omnicidal, zandalari as stuck up as night elves, blood elves are stuck up and always pretend to be better then they are, nightborne are definition of snobbish. However only night elves are constantly beaten down and mistreated because of their "stuck up nature" which btw is less then that of other similar races.
    It's all about how they come off as a race. Blood elves and nightborne are more about aristocratic hedonism and the Forsaken provide edginess to the Horde as well as interesting insight into the life of undeath. The Zandalari are closer to the holier-than-thou attitude of the night elves, which I personally find more off-putting than the others mentioned. It's true the night elves are getting the short end of the stick more often, undeservedly too (probably why Blizzard asspulled the whole Night Warrior nonsense to balance the scales a bit), but as a Horde guy who doesn't particularly like their flavor anyway I'm not too sad for them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It's all about how they come off as a race. Blood elves and nightborne are more about aristocratic hedonism and the Forsaken provide edginess to the Horde as well as interesting insight into the life of undeath. The Zandalari are closer to the holier-than-thou attitude of the night elves, which I personally find more off-putting than the others mentioned. It's true the night elves are getting the short end of the stick more often, undeservedly too (probably why Blizzard asspulled the whole Night Warrior nonsense to balance the scales a bit), but as a Horde guy who doesn't particularly like their flavor anyway I'm not too sad for them.
    Night elves are downright reasonable compared to Zandalari and mostly got over their “holier then though” shtick though and yet they suffer ten time the damage others do. Its fucken insane and Night Warrior makes it worse because of how they portray it as “path to madness and death”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    What would be the point of trading Malfurion and Tyrande for Shandris and Jarold.
    Shandris is like a Tyrande but weaker and without being the "chosen one of Elune".
    And Jarold is like a Malfurion who seems to make no difference his race alone than without being the "Arch-druid".

I don't understand what is interesting about this change. It would be to continue in the same.

Tyrande got me at “kill everyone”. This is the only way left.

Night elves are downright reasonable compared to Zandalari and mostly got over their “holier then though” shtick though and yet they suffer ten time the damage others do. Its fucken insane and Night Warrior makes it worse because of how they portray it as “path to madness and death”.
    The night war is the most absurd.
    Tyrande is pure revenge .. A but I forgive Sira .. and besides I do not fight in the fights nor do I go to the final fight of Sylvanas. Aside cupbearer with the Horde without problem.

But hey remember that I am supposedly going super crazy.

If Malfurion and Tyrande bite it...

Shandris, with literal ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shandris is too naive and Jarod too passive.

Maiev is the only valid leader left if you cancel out Tyrande and Malfurion.
    She will bring vengeance and death to the enemies of the night elves.

The rest of that list is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post

Shandris and Jarod are more relatable -- they are more down-to-earth, they have no special superpowers or abilities like Tyrande and Malfurion -- and yet they have the best interests of the kaldorei at heart, or least they believe they do. Besides, they have had VERY little in-game time before the last expansion. Tyrande and Malfurion are simply far too powerful and formidable...almost too beyond the ability of the average player to ever properly compare themselves to.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Illidan would instantly make the NEs 200% more interesting. Bonus points if he teams up with Tyrande to help her enact vengeance.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Shandris and Jarod are more relatable -- they are more down-to-earth, they have no special superpowers or abilities like Tyrande and Malfurion -- and yet they have the best interests of the kaldorei at heart, or least they believe they do. Besides, they have had VERY little in-game time before the last expansion. Tyrande and Malfurion are simply far too powerful and formidable...almost too beyond the ability of the average player to ever properly compare themselves to.
    Shandris is a human cocksleeve. She should bleach her skin and pretend to be a high elf at this point.

Jarod is literally "who?"

And "too powerful" Malf and Tyrande havent even shown that "amazing power" ONCE. A shitty self insert Nathanos almost bested both of them at the same time. And btw, in beta he actually WON against Tyrande and was about to kill her before Malf joined in.

Since forsaken and nelves are somewhat linked as early as vanilla, let's honor this tradition and make Sira Moonwarden the next leader, that way the circle of nonsense will be complete with Calia becoming the Forsaken Queen.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromind View Post
    Since forsaken and nelves are somewhat linked as early as vanilla, let's honor this tradition and make Sira Moonwarden the next leader, that way the circle of nonsense will be complete with Calia becoming the Forsaken Queen.
    another racial leader I wouldn't be able to imitate
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Tyrande and Malfurion have led their people the kaldorei for 10,000 years -- and for the most part, have preserved harmony and balance in Kalimdor, respectively leading the Sisterhood of Elune and the Cenarion Circle -- the priestesses and the druids of night elven society.

As of Shadowlands, Tyrande is still rampaging through the realms of the Pantheon of Death, whilst Malfurion is presumably staying in Mount Hyjal and Nordrassil, perhaps trying to repair the damage of the Fourth War upon the land, and guiding his people as best he can. But what if Tyrande and Malfurion were killed somehow? What if the night elves simply tire of their leadership, of their inability to prevent their people's genocide, or possibly from their perspective to avenge them properly? Of their mistakes and failures? Who should succeed them? There are some likely options:

1. Shandris Feathermoon - Commander of the Sentinel Army, stationed in Feralas, adopted daughter of Tyrande Whisperwind, accomplished strategist and huntress, and Jarod Shadowsong -- Shandris's love interest, former commander of the kaldorei military in the War of the Ancients, returned to aid the kaldorei during the Cataclysm and in the Battle for Darkshore

2. Maiev Shadowsong - Jarod's sister, former high priestess of Elune, leader of the Wardens and presumably the remaining Watchers, despite her former transgressions, she recently led the Alliance to victory in the Battle for Darkshore Warfront, and is apparently unwilling to forgive the Horde for their Burning of Teldrassil

3. Mordent Evenshade -- Leader of the Shen'dralar Highborne, fought in the Fourth War, and the Battle for Darkshore, representing the ancient culture of Eldre'Thalas, one of the major cities of the Kaldorei Empire in the ancient days

4. Prince Farondis -- Leader of the Court of Farondis, the Highborne who opposed Queen Azshara based in Azsuna, some of his magi are helping the Alliance in Stormwind's Portal Room

5. Broll Bearmantle -- Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle, friend of Varian Wrynn, Valeera Sanguinar and Hamuul Runetotem, helped his shan'do Malfurion fight back the Emerald Nightmare

6. Illidan Stormage - Presumably he will return eventually in some later expansion. Has attempted to make amends with Tyrande and Malfurion; Maiev seems to tolerate him as well, if barely. Perhaps he should rejoin his people formally -- he did fight for them in the War of the Ancients, and it will provide a new interesting angle to the kaldorei

7. Another one of the Illidari demon hunters -- Altruis the Sufferer -- Leader of the Illidari, who opposed Illidan Stormrage. Jace Darkweaver, former night elf mage who joined Illidan, exposing the threats in Stormwind to King Anduin during the invasion. Kor'vas Bloodthorn -- Saved Illidan's life during the Harbingers cinematic, retains deep sense of conscience and tremendous loyalty to her cause. If the Highborne are accepted back in night elf society, the Illidari should also rejoin them.

8. Queen Azshara -- She opposed the Old Gods secretly, was instrumental to N'Zoth's defeat, while obviously very unlikely, yet not entirely out of the realm of possibility (not many people expected Illidan or Kael'thas to be redeemed), perhaps she could rejoin the night elves out of necessity in a future expansion

9. Other night elves -- Valewalker Farodin of the proto-druidic keepers, Lothrius Mooncaller of the Moon Guard, Cordressa Briarbow of the Sentinel Army, Rell Nightwind, night elf rogue of SI:7, who revealed Anduin's status via a moonwell message after he and others were lost at Pandaria; Su'ura Swiftarrow, stationed at Warsong Gulch, etc.

10. A Kaldorei Council -- a representative body made up of representatives from all the different classes of night elven society, including the priestesses, druids, huntresses, warriors, monks, rogues, Sentinels, Highborne, Wardens, death knights, demon hunters, etc.

11. Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage remain the co-rulers of the night elf civilization from Mount Hyjal, with no change of leadership imminent
    Jarod Shadowsong obvuisly

If I remember corectly the Shandris's love interest is the rambo reference right?

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Shandris is too naive and Jarod too passive.

Maiev is the only valid leader left if you cancel out Tyrande and Malfurion.
    She will bring vengeance and death to the enemies of the night elves.

The rest of that list is a joke.
    I can see them forming a council (possibly with a druid and mage representative).

Literally any random night elf would be a better leader, tyrande is a fighter personality wise (odd as her hat is that of a priestess but hey ho) and while doing nothing for 10000 years still seems to be the most impatient character in the entire franchise.

The people who talk about Valewalker Farodin - I regret to say that this character might not be used as a main sub-character for a while as his VA sadly died in 2017.

Now they could recast, but I don't think Blizzard want to go down that route.

Maiev is probably the least soy of them all and NE need a leader that isn't a pushover .
    Tyrande most likely won't achieve anything in the shadowlands and Malfurion.....where is malfurion? Sleeping through his wife suicidal mission as usual i guess :/