Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You know, you don't always have to write down a thesis if you stop playing wow for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i would be happy if there is nothing of all that in game. you are right: old xpacs had nothing besides Dailies and raid or die. better times. lets have a look why i not play SL while typing these lines:

- login
    - doing adventure shit missions. bored.
    - doing stupid WQs with long travelling. bored.
    - doing Thorgast. again. and again. and ... vomit. eehrm bored.
    - get anima. bored.
    - get the other shit. bored.
    - get the weekly chest
    - get the weekly rep
    - do a m+10

rinse and repeat all that treadmill shit. boooored.

if i can just jump into a raid or pvp and doing this with as many alts as i wish, instantly, well maybe i would play SL. but hey, i can join again our raid group. oh wait i have to do all that shit to be competitive. eehrm no thx. but y, i know, in 1 minute around 184635 ppl will tell me how alt friendly SL is and they will use 183536 times the word „optional“. yeah, i know. all right. thx bye.
    The only thing on your list required for alts is torghast and anima.

If your running enough alts that 2hrs a week for each toon is too much. Thats on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Good for me I guess? I enjoy that once I'm finished with my weekly stuff I can move on and do something else with my free time.
    It is I agreed with you but game feels like a mobile game now

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    The only thing on your list required for alts is torghast and anima.

If your running enough alts that 2hrs a week for each toon is too much. Thats on you.
    Not even that. Torghast is few resets until you get bis lego, and that scrap of anima required for weekly (from this week you can even get over 1000 from simple raid clear) will be relevant just for few more weeks. After that character progress is all about item drops until next patch.

I gotta agree, this expansion seems kind of dull to me so far. The quality of the content (dungeons, the raid, zones) is far better than BfA, but I still get this kind of soulless vibe. Nothing you do in the open world matters at all. In fact, nothing in the game except the weekly cache feels like it progresses your character. I really think they swayed too much in the direction of requiring no "grind" or character progression or anything of the like. I dont know why so many people appreciate this "raid logging" style of wow so much. Don't you wanna actually play the game and feel like you are progressing? I never understand why there are so many people complaining about systems that require them to do something in the game in order to gain an advantage vs someone that never plays, I feel like they are catering to raid loggers and people that pretend they have no "time" to play the game, and also to world 20 guild raiders that complain they have to prepare 5 alts. There is this argument that there IS content in the game, but it's just not mandatory, but even considering that the expansion feels extremely light on stuff to do. Torghast was kind of a missed opportunity there, same for the maw. I thought legion felt so refreshing after WoD, they innovated and added so many things that gave the game replay value. Granted, at the very beginning the grind was too hardcore, but you always had something to do. Right now it feels like Shadowlands is watered down Legion just like BfA but with better overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    So we have all been playing Shadowlands, the past few months.

And the honeymoon phase is over. But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.

I really don't get, why blizzard choose to have each zone separated, it feels to disconnected. it made me care less about the "shadowland world".

The covenant are really boring imo and super slow, its gated behind time, so its like watching a movie, but you can only see 2min each week.

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?
    Look, I play wow like 3-5 hours a week. I do like 3 or 4 +12s, maybe a transmog run and that's it. It works for me, because I enjoy that content and only that content.

However, I do agree that the zones feel disconnected. I used to love leveling alts, but now I can't get past level 51 for some reason. I'm stuck in Adrenweald and can't be arsed to progress any further.

I also agree that covenants are über lame. Legion had class halls with amazing questlines. This is, I don't know man, maybe I'm just doing it wrong. The quests suck, are extremely repetitive and gathering 1000 anima is a chore which I never do which makes me wonder how other people gather 5k to buy stuff

Then you have Boreghast. Content I enjoyed when it was released because it was new and interesting. It stopped being fun quite quickly and I just stopped doing it altogether.

I guess that's just the game man; pick what you like, do that until you stop liking it and log off. Like anything else, actually.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Did you even read, what i wrote down :P ? Im doing M+, RAiding and PVP, but when im not doing that, i feel like there is nothing to do, the world feels empty and shallow
    Torghast, Maw stuff, Callings, World quests.

Hunt rares/Treasures.

Pet battles if you are into that.

Old expansion mount or Transmog farm.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Yeah totally bored of it all. Nothing really matters. Can't be arsed to farm M+ score again just for it all to reset in a few months and start again grinding the same shit at higher item level...

Now I'm down to just logging in to do the dungeon calling quests for the gold on alts then logging off again. Serious WoD vibes where it was just logging in to do table missions for gold.

Time for a break for me.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You know, you don't always have to write down a thesis if you stop playing wow for a while.
    I’ve tried asking people why the feel the urge to write this stuff down whenever they take a break. (1 in 5 posts on Offical forums is ”I quit, Here’s why” threads) but i never gotten any proper awnser there either

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game has far too many things to do. You simply shouldn´t play it 10 hours a day and expect it to have more. Expansion literally just came out.

Yeah, it is getting a bit boring.
    I've levelled with both the storyline and the threads of fate (which was horribly tedious and not fun at all). I've done the covenant campaigns and the Torghast questline. I have the relelvant professions maxed out.
    The callings are a bit more varied than just the "do 4 quests in zone X" they used to be, but they still get repetitive, especially if you do them on multiple characters.
    I've seen the dungeons, I've done the raid. Story-wise, I'm done until the next patch comes out.

So now the only thing that is left to do is the same raid and dungeon bosses over and over, just on the higher difficulty levels. Heroic and mythic may have more mechanics, but they don't change the story or add anything to it. Just bigger numbers and more stuff to pay attention to.

If I wasn't in a fairly active guild and raiding with a guild group, I would probably consider pausing my subscription and waiting for the next patch to come out.

Things tend to get boring over time. It's a natural cycle... Not sure it's thread worthy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?

I mean... nothing to say there really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Things tend to get boring over time. It's a natural cycle... Not sure it's thread worthy.
    Wow tends to get boring way too quickly if you ask me.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Yep, already bored with Shadowlands and unsubbed. Fastest I ever unsubbed from an expansion. I genuinely enjoyed WoD more than this. It's weird, because SL objectively has more stuff to do, so really it should be holding my attention for longer. But something about the game just makes me think "I can not be arsed with this shit".

WoW used to be a chill experience. I'd log in and feel relaxed, the game didn't feel like it was punishing me. Now when I log in almost everything feels annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Wow tends to get boring way too quickly if you ask me.
    Ok?

Skyrim is very well regarded, but I get bored after 5 minutes... so I just don't play the game.
    It's just natural for any game, some get bored quicker, some don't get bored at all...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

the mmo champion crowd is never bored
    The world is a rich, but this does not mean that it will be filled with content 24/7
    I would also like that extra spice outside of the main playing time, or in terms of extra keys and pvp, but in any case I am not bored yet, loads still remains to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I quit the game late December, before their first fake mdi. I don't enjoy wow when it is played like Shadowlands. It is a lonely and boring version of legion and bfa

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I actually have too much stuff to do and not so much energy / time:

- Implement a third heroic raid day, but that would just tire our raiders;
    - Farm more Anima for the Seat of the Primus, but there's not enough time;
    - More Mythic+, but I can only do like 3, 4 a week maximum;
    - More alts! But then there's no time for my main;
    - More resource farming, but again, time. Sad thing is they sell quite expensively on my realm.
    - PvP! It's been ages since I did some, but other stuff is priority.
    - Playing other games and balancing it all with WoW.

Awesome game, glad I purchased it.

Stop playing shit you don't like and you'll have zero boredom problems.
    Couldn't believe it, but every point of yours is the same with me. I have other games to play as well and WoW is the perfect permanent game.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Why the heroics in Wrath were fine, but m+ in shadowlands is not?
    Because you could queue to them over and over again.
    Let's say you want to pug m+. You can uD a really Long time to look for a group. It's just boring.

And yes Iknow the first thing you will say is. Find a guild do it with friend. Im doing that. But I'm talking off hours when all my friends and guild m8s are offline.