Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there are lots of activities the game advertises for you to do. Where it fails for some is if it feels like a good time investment + enjoyment while playing...

I agree with the sentiment that i miss something from the open world. Each zone feels disconnected from Azeroth and from each other, i do not feel invited to run around and explore it. And that might be because i already spent so much time in each zone. But my guess: The zones do not offer much besides world quests. Finishing the campaigns felt satisfying, but now the world feels empty for me afterwards.

I also do not get as much atmosphere and variance out of them compared to previous expansions. Shadowlands as a whole has a similar problem as the Maw itself... it is not intended to be the place you want to spent time in.. so in a sense the developers nailed the atmosphere they were going for?
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2021-02-09 at 10:38 AM.

Sadly, I cannot find a stable group for doing 10+ keys or Heroic CL and going with pugs is just nope, too stressfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Because you could queue to them over and over again.
    Let's say you want to pug m+. You can uD a really Long time to look for a group. It's just boring.

And yes Iknow the first thing you will say is. Find a guild do it with friend. Im doing that. But I'm talking off hours when all my friends and guild m8s are offline.
    Sorry, I actually misread your OP, thought you meant you don't do m+. Then I deleted my post.

But as for the difficulty of finding a group - I don't think it's that bad. True, it may take time as dps, but then getting a group for heroics as dps can also take time. And I think it took even more time in wrath when tanks and healers didnt have additional incentives to join LFG, swapping specs wasn't that easy, and tank / healer specs had almost no dps, so they were useful only for dungeons AND gear wasn't that universal (tanks / healers often needed totally different set of gear)
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Maybe a massively multi-player game isn't for you if you prefer to do everything solo.
    I'm pretty sure that "a massively multi-player game" isn't an instancied zone with 4 other people. Also life is a mmo it does not mean your only activities have to be done with other people.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-02-09 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I'm pretty sure that "a massively multi-player game" isn't an instancied zone with 4 other people. Also life is a mmo it does not mean your only activities have to be done with other people.
    True. It's an mmorpg. And RPG. So it should be a living World. Not instance as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Ok?

Skyrim is very well regarded, but I get bored after 5 minutes... so I just don't play the game.
    It's just natural for any game, some get bored quicker, some don't get bored at all...
    Obviously it's all subjective.

Maybe I should've added "IMO" for you to understand it.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

if only they made torghast useful beyond soul ash. it could easily be the solution to all lone wolf players. put gear in torghast, put some form of currency FOR gear there. anything but toys and cosmetics. hell, make the gear 150 ilvl but it scales to 226 in torghast as to not offend the raiding elite that looks down upon everyone

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    if only they made torghast useful beyond soul ash. it could easily be the solution to all lone wolf players. put gear in torghast, put some form of currency FOR gear there. anything but toys and cosmetics. hell, make the gear 150 ilvl but it scales to 226 in torghast as to not offend the raiding elite that looks down upon everyone
    As much as I love Torghast and would love to get more out of it - the moment you make it more useful the forums will rise in flames because of all the people who hate Torghast, and now are forced to do it. Which would lead to Blizzard scrapping it completely. If you want to have more content like that then it has to have purely cosmetic rewards.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    Fuck the raiding 'elite' man. If someone is upset because someone else gets loot in a different way they do, they have issues that probably require a professional's touch.

I honestly can't wrap my head around envious clowns that have this need to feel superior in a video game. How freaking pathetic must their lives be to function in this state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    As much as I love Torghast and would love to get more out of it - the moment you make it more useful the forums will rise in flames because of all the people who hate Torghast, and now are forced to do it. Which would lead to Blizzard scrapping it completely. If you want to have more content like that then it has to have purely cosmetic rewards.
    Or Blizzard could just tell them to go fuck themselves; you don't need to do anything.

Anyway, making Boreghast drop useful stuff will not solve the core issue, which is that it's pretty shit content when it comes to repeatability.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Fuck the raiding 'elite' man. If someone is upset because someone else gets loot in a different way they do, they have issues that probably require a professional's touch.

I honestly can't wrap my head around envious clowns that have this need to feel superior in a video game. How freaking pathetic must their lives be to function in this state of mind.
    Let me ask you a question. Situation is as following:

You're busting your ass at work, working 70+ hours weeks, giving it your best and making use of all the skills you've learned throughout your work history. Lets say that for all your hard work, you earn $5000 every month.
    On the other side, you have John, who is lazy, doesn't really care about the company, comes to work late every day and he barely moves a muscle while working 30 hour weeks. For all of John's work, he also earns $5000 every month.

Would you be satisfied with the situation that I explained now, or would you find it extremely unfair and dumb that you are making as much money as John ?

There is a lot of stuff to do and things to collect, but it's just not worth it.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Because you could queue to them over and over again.
    Let's say you want to pug m+. You can uD a really Long time to look for a group. It's just boring.

And yes Iknow the first thing you will say is. Find a guild do it with friend. Im doing that. But I'm talking off hours when all my friends and guild m8s are offline.
    lol, RHC takes long too if there are 5 tanks for 150 dps. Just start tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I actually have too much stuff to do and not so much energy / time:

- Implement a third heroic raid day, but that would just tire our raiders;
    - Farm more Anima for the Seat of the Primus, but there's not enough time;
    - More Mythic+, but I can only do like 3, 4 a week maximum;
    - More alts! But then there's no time for my main;
    - More resource farming, but again, time. Sad thing is they sell quite expensively on my realm.
    - PvP! It's been ages since I did some, but other stuff is priority.
    - Playing other games and balancing it all with WoW.

Awesome game, glad I purchased it.

Stop playing shit you don't like and you'll have zero boredom problems.
    Exactly this. I want to play all Covenant stories and am only at 2/4, since I find no time for leveling more chars in between all the M+ and Raiding my guild does. Some days I can't even finish my dailies. I think this week alone (since Wednesday) I have run more then 20 M+ with various guild groups and cleared Heroic Raid up till our progress target.

Don't get me wrong though. This is exactly how WoW should be. I got no obligatory stuff to do after Thursday at most and can focus on what I want to do instead, which is group content. Dailies and Callings I mainly do because they give nice Gold and Rep, but I don't feel forced to do them. While running around for those I collect some Herbs for Potions, kill a rare or two or just chill.

Maybe after we got our Curve I will find time to level a bit more and get the other two campaigns done, but we will see.

The lesson for the OP is this:

We wanted the game to force us into doing daily stuff less and that is exactly what we got. If you are bored then it's because you are not using the extra time the changes gave you. Find an active guild, be an active member and never be bored again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it quickly became just a weekly chore and after clearing normal Nathria I feel like raiding is done for me now (HC and mythic offer just bigger numbers and some more mechanics. No interest anymore)

PvP was fun. Really enjoyed the gearing. But we found out too late that our 2v2 comp basically just sucks and neither of us are going to reroll. Probably will give it another try in next season.

Overall I really enjoyed the first month of SL but it does get very repetive. The nature of the beast I guess. And I've had tough luck on the guild market so no friends to keep me playing.

Just unsub like millions of others will in the next couple of months. Making threads like these is pointless because they always get overrun by defensive sycophants. Was the same thing even at the nadir of WoD and BFA.

I plan on playing the pathofdiablo reset soon. Might come back for 9.1, depends if they fix class and covenant balance. If they don't then nah.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Or Blizzard could just tell them to go fuck themselves; you don't need to do anything.
    You know they wouldn't do that. They need to keep players happy, telling them that would only make them angry and unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post

You're busting your ass at work, working 70+ hours weeks, giving it your best and making use of all the skills you've learned throughout your work history. Lets say that for all your hard work, you earn $5000 every month.
    On the other side, you have John, who is lazy, doesn't really care about the company, comes to work late every day and he barely moves a muscle while working 30 hour weeks. For all of John's work, he also earns $5000 every month.

Would you be satisfied with the situation that I explained now, or would you find it extremely unfair and dumb that you are making as much money as John ?
    Don't bother, people like that don't understand putting in effort to get rewards. They want blizzard to mail them mythic gear cuz "they pay 15$ too and deserve it" when all they do is world quests and lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post

You're comparing WORK - your livelihood - to a stupid, fucking game.

I think you need to rethink your priorities, buddy.

Don't think I don't understand your point; I'm a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and it took me 10 years to acquire that belt, which is why our belt system still has value unlike in karate/judo or any other bs mcdojo. But wow is a game. A game.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    You know they wouldn't do that. They need to keep players happy, telling them that would only make them angry and unsub.
    Fuck raiders though; they're a marginal part of the community as has been showed time and time again.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-02-09 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we have all been playing Shadowlands, the past few months.

And the honeymoon phase is over. But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.

I really don't get, why blizzard choose to have each zone separated, it feels to disconnected. it made me care less about the "shadowland world".

The covenant are really boring imo and super slow, its gated behind time, so its like watching a movie, but you can only see 2min each week.

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?
    You say you're bored and one of the examples you give that seem to influence that opinion is covenants, primarily cause they're time gated.

How would your opinion change if they were not?

I am a little bored with the game, taken to leveling some alts.

I still haven't gotten into M+ properly this season, though that is on me.
    Dungeons, I like most of them, some I am not a fan of, but the whole "you need multiple dungeon clears to get 1 drop" thing is very off putting and making it hard to get some of my alts at max level geared up. I get not wanting to go back to BfA and getting tonnes of useless gear thrown at you, but this just seems like the opposite extreme.
    I don't like WQ's this expac, I find most take too long, have to many phases, and for what you get at the end it feels like it is just inflated time wise, I am sticking with them for now to get rep but I just don't enjoy it.
    I don't enjoy the Maw. Mounting would make it so much better. I like the idea of a hellish landscape, of enemies you need to watch out for, of feeling weak, but the slow movement just sucks the enjoyment out of it for me.
    Torghast just takes too long imo. I much preferred horrific visions, though I suspect I might be in a minority there. The time v rewards ratio isn't good.

The problem I have is I don't have huge chunks of time to spend in any one go. So the content that is there, I just feel like it is too much of a time sink for what I get out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.