Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nope, fraid not, that's why /s exists

Bots: Unassisted play

Correct!

But they are bots not multiboxers

The intention of laws isn't to remove citizens rights to own a vehicle. The law wasn't specifically thought up because someone said "I don't want citizens to drive"
    ....sigh you are for real. People really need to be told what sarcasm is these days. My god, your god , all gods. /s

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

using software to automate and all other things is not allowed. only game open in multi accounts is allowed. SO mulitboxxing normally is okay. But using bots or other software is not.

So they clearly state that multiboxxing can be done with software that is NOT allowed.

and no , most laws are mad because of either breaking the rules and hurting people, damaging stuff or creating situations that are not save. Or to stop abuse :S

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    using software to automate and all other things is not allowed. only game open in multi accounts is allowed. SO mulitboxxing normally is okay. But using bots or other software is not.
    Correct.

So they clearly state that multiboxxing can be done with software that is NOT allowed.
    Wrong. They state using specific software is not allowed. Multiboxing is allowed. Those are two seperate rules. Whether or not multiboxing can be done through said software is completely irrelevant. They don't state that multiboxing can be done through said software. They're merely warning you that some software that might in the past have been used for multiboxing is against the rules. Whether it can still be used for multiboxing is again irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they don't. They say using certain programs is bad. They also say multiboxing is allowed.

And botting still isn't multiboxing. Multiboxing is playing multiple accounts, not having them run by bots.
    Yeah, and multiboxxing using bots and software. Software , they do not call out bots. So there is other software ( input software for keystrokes etc) that is also not allowed. and stuff that goes into the game engine.

Funny you skip over that part...that they do not just say bots. But say software. meaning there are other ways you can multibox that are not allowed.
    And clearly input software is also bots. So multibox using bots is not allowed.

Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.
    mmmmmm....like botting?

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

Wrong. They state using specific software is not allowed. Multiboxing is allowed. Those are two seperate rules. Whether or not multiboxing can be done through said software is completely irrelevant.
    dude...you are being silly here. I am not saying they are the same rule. I am saying that multiboxxing using certain SOFTware is bad. Not multiboxxing per se...i have said that several times in this thread.

And again. my question with this thread was: do people see more of it. kinda going off topic are you?

Yeah, and multiboxxing using bots and software. Software , they do not call out bots. So there is other software ( input software for keystrokes etc) that is also not allowed. and stuff that goes into the game engine.

Funny you skip over that part...that they do not just say bots. But say software. meaning there are other ways you can multibox that are not allowed.
    And clearly input software is also bots. So multibox using bots is not allowed.

mmmmmm....like botting?
    No. They disallow the use of specific software in conjunction with WoW. This is regardless of whether you multibox at all. You could still receive an infraction even if you don't multibox and they somehow determined that you used said software.

The warning is just there because this kind of software has in the past been used to facilitate multiboxing. They're neither making a statement about whether said software can be used to multibox, nor whether it is forbidden in conjunction with multiboxing.

You keep skipping over the part where the ban on the software has nothing at all to do with multiboxing.

....sigh you are for real. People really need to be told what sarcasm is these days. My god, your god , all gods. /s

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

I was never arguing against that? In fact I said that earlier

multiboxing doesn't exclude you from the rules so you can be multiboxing in an unapproved way.
    But a botter isn't a multiboxxer because you have to be playing to be a multiboxxer, even if you are playing in an unapproved way you are still playing but a botter isn't playing.

and no , most laws are mad because of either breaking the rules and hurting people, damaging stuff or creating situations that are not save. Or to stop abuse :S
    Exactly, so Blizz isn't making rules up to get rid of multiboxxers.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Reading this thread is like watching a cowboy trying to do math

It’s like you can use a computer but have no clue how it operates

Synced bots (pack of druids) herbing, Is like (and this is for you cowboys) hitting the start button on two microwaves at once so they both cook and end at the same time. In other words the bots run the same path so they can meet the multi herbing window.

This isn’t multiboxing, it’s called bottling, it’s also why you geniuses got the wrong people screwed on the multiboxing rules. You prolly never seen the real multi boxers in game

But anyway continue, watching you guys explain this stuff is cringe worthy but amusing

Hi you all,

I have a observation/question/remark.

Has anyone noticed that in shadowlands the amount of Multiboxers has gone up to the extreme. Yes you saw them in BFA and Legion. But i can not play a hour in the openworld right now without bumbing into 1 or 2 of them. Is it me or are there more and more of them? And they have become very blasant. I just saw 1 in the portal room in SW. Like standing on the spot you get teleported to when you take the portal to SW. like 8 accounts with the almost same name, same type of boosted gear and all moved at the same time :S.

Most of the time i used to ignore them. But i have lost out on so much mats that i have started to report them.
    But that seems to not really work. I have seen a guy i reported 2 or maybe 3 times already and still playing.
    I have without exageration....reported around 10 to 15 off them. in the last week, week and a half. So far i have gotten 3 mails from blizzard saying thanks for the info of the cheating etc etc.
    I even comment in the report that i have screenshots etc of it all.

Yet it seems blizzard does not care about it?!?

Anyone else noticed this increase of Multiboxing and almost no reaction of blizzard?
    Compared to BFA there has been a drastic reduction due to the Banning of multiboxers

I've seen a good reduction in Bots as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrilion View Post
    Compared to BFA there has been a drastic reduction due to the Banning of multiboxers

I've seen a good reduction in Bots as well
    okay, thanks.

Think it might be the servers i am on.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't. They say using certain programs is bad. They also say multiboxing is allowed.

And botting still isn't multiboxing. Multiboxing is playing multiple accounts, not having them run by bots.

Maybe read that article yourself, because it explicitly says
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement.
    read dear sir. You forgot the read the words : using programs ( aka software) it is in the link post from blizzard

Multiboxxing is playing multiple accounts at the same time. It does not say what fashion it needs to be done. Multiple pc's, screens, game engine's running or software.
    You forget to link the rest of the post...

you know the part about the software.....you keep forgetting to mention it...kinda like it proofs you wrong :P.

and why? because bots can be broadkast/input software...

- - - Updated - - -

No. They disallow the use of specific software in conjunction with WoW. This is regardless of whether you multibox at all. You could still receive an infraction even if you don't multibox and they somehow determined that you used said software.

The warning is just there because this kind of software has in the past been used to facilitate multiboxing. They're neither making a statement about whether said software can be used to multibox, nor whether it is forbidden in conjunction with multiboxing.

You keep skipping over the part where the ban on the software has nothing at all to do with multiboxing.
    So you are saying you can multibox and use software at the same time....like....bots?

And am i saying multiboxxers are all bad? nope.

I am talking about the software kind. The ones who use software...like i said a dozen times by now. And you just said yourself in the past they have ( and they still do if you research the subject). use software to multibox.
    Software can be bots....
    but wait....that means if you can use software to multibox...you can use bots...
    And wait if software is not allowed to use during multibox there are forms/ways to multibox that are now allowed...

- - - Updated - - -

I was never arguing against that? In fact I said that earlier

But a botter isn't a multiboxxer because you have to be playing to be a multiboxxer, even if you are playing in an unapproved way you are still playing but a botter isn't playing.

Exactly, so Blizz isn't making rules up to get rid of multiboxxers.
    You are in part talking to yourself here :S

But on the bots...blizzard in the blue post says: multiboxxing is allowed. but read they software part :

third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay.

so multiboxxing using 3th part input software is not allowed because as this software can be use/is used to....support what?!?!?!?!

Like for real...i say would agree with you and huth that botting is not you playing. But this what blizzard says, you can automate multiboxxing....by using software. what is not allowed....software can be bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Reading this thread is like watching a cowboy trying to do math

It’s like you can use a computer but have no clue how it operates

Synced bots (pack of druids) herbing, Is like (and this is for you cowboys) hitting the start button on two microwaves at once so they both cook and end at the same time. In other words the bots run the same path so they can meet the multi herbing window.

This isn’t multiboxing, it’s called bottling, it’s also why you geniuses got the wrong people screwed on the multiboxing rules. You prolly never seen the real multi boxers in game

But anyway continue, watching you guys explain this stuff is cringe worthy but amusing
    good for you.

But read blizzards own post.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...sting-software

You can multibox using software.

and if you read my posts. normal multiboxxers with 1 or 2 alts following them do not botter me. I notice them real easy. like following 1 persons movements without /follow them.

And i would agree that botting is not playing.
    But in the blizzard post it clearly states you can use software to automate parts of multiboxxing.
    But i think the crux me and the other people are in. Is that they define multiboxxing as purely playing on multiple accounts at the same time.
    For me i think software to automate the process also is still mutliboxxing. Because are you really playing on those alts if they using the same keystrokes?

And i think my first post should have been clearer in multibox bots ( so groups of 8 to 10) at the same time.
    Last edited by baskev; 2021-02-05 at 09:29 PM.

You are in part talking to yourself here :S

But on the bots...blizzard in the blue post says: multiboxxing is allowed. but read they software part :

third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay.

so multiboxxing using 3th part input software is not allowed because as this software can be use/is used to....support what?!?!?!?!

Like for real...i say would agree with you and huth that botting is not you playing. But this what blizzard says, you can automate multiboxxing....by using software. what is not allowed....software can be bots.
    A multiboxxer is a player playing multiple accounts at a time
    A botter is just someone running some program and isn't playing

A person can have a multiboxxing setup to do his botting but he is not a multiboxxer because he isn't playing, he is a botter

Using software to multibox, like the software they banned isn't botting and Blizz didn't say it was either for anyone that reads this they said as Baskev quoted "this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay" support being the keyword there, it itself is not botting software.

- - - Updated - - -

That's strange because multiboxxers aren't banned.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2021-02-06 at 05:43 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

A person can have a multiboxxing setup to do his botting but he is not a multiboxxer because he isn't playing, he is a botter

Using software to multibox, like the software they banned isn't botting and Blizz didn't say it was either for anyone that reads this they said as Baskev quoted "this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay" support being the keyword there, it itself is not botting software.

- - - Updated - - -

The process of one key entering a command for multiple inputs was banned .. so yeah it was ...

- - - Updated - - -

Agree to disagree.

lets streamline our ( and other conversations):
    We both agree that botting and using external software is ban offense according to blizzard.
    We both agree that multiboxxing without software is okay
    I am only asking if we see a increase or descrease in them . And so far people on more busy servers say nope. But people on medium and lower servers say yes.
    I would even agree botting is not playing

we disagree on what is multiboxxing/bots:
    you think multiboxxing ( having multi game accounts open) is always people playing. And the minute you automate that, or part of it. Its not longer multiboxxing.
    While for me. Multiboxxing is having multiple accounts open and "play" the game. And using a bot/program does not remove the multibox part in my eyes.

Maybe call them multibox botters? And normal multiboxxers, just multibox.

longer version:
    The only thing we disagree on is the fact that you think that multiboxxing means you always need to be playing, and have no software/automation programs running. While i think you can multibox and use software that automates part or the complete process.
    Blizzard states in their posts that you can multibox using software to automate part of the progress etc. For me that means software can be full on bots. Or keystroke programs. But if a program does someting on its on its botting. So a progamm that does part of a action is a bot.

The process of one key entering a command for multiple inputs was banned
    Only via software

.. so yeah it was ...

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree to disagree.

We both agree that botting and using external software is ban offense according to blizzard.
    A correction for accuracy, input broadcasting software not all software.

you think multiboxxing ( having multi game accounts open) is always people playing. And the minute you automate that, or part of it. Its not longer multiboxxing.
    While for me. Multiboxxing is having multiple accounts open and "play" the game. And using a bot/program does not remove the multibox part in my eyes.
    I think you may have what I think slightly wrong. I have no problem with input broadcasting software, that's not botting to me (or Blizzard) because every action is a result of a single keypress from a player. Botting to me is when something happens and no person had any hand in it, kick bots are bots because the kick went off without the player doing anything, he might be playing but the kick happened without him doing anything it just fired off by itself, he is a botter. He can be multiboxing while he is botting but he's not a multiboxxer he's a botter. Farm botters are obviously botters
    My Collection

Agree to disagree.

We both agree that multiboxxing without software is okay
    I am only asking if we see a increase or descrease in them . And so far people on more busy servers say nope. But people on medium and lower servers say yes.
    I would even agree botting is not playing

Maybe call them multibox botters? And normal multiboxxers, just multibox.

longer version:
    The only thing we disagree on is the fact that you think that multiboxxing means you always need to be playing, and have no software/automation programs running. While i think you can multibox and use software that automates part or the complete process.
    Blizzard states in their posts that you can multibox using software to automate part of the progress etc. For me that means software can be full on bots. Or keystroke programs. But if a program does someting on its on its botting. So a progamm that does part of a action is a bot.
    Not agreeing to disagree when you keep twisting things. I said before a botter Is not a multiboxers and you keep trying to twist it into one. That’s like saying a guy who owns a taxi service is driving 20 taxis at once, it sounds stupid as hell so just stop. Here is a little tip to discount your absurd logic even further. When they bot here is a news flash, they don’t make a raid or group, you know why? Player collision will disrupt the bot

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Not agreeing to disagree when you keep twisting things. I said before a botter Is not a multiboxers and you keep trying to twist it into one. That’s like saying a guy who owns a taxi service is driving 20 taxis at once, it sounds stupid as hell so just stop. Here is a little tip to discount your absurd logic even further. When they bot here is a news flash, they don’t make a raid or group, you know why? Player collision will disrupt the bot
    Me twisting things? Nope.
    Me saying a multiboxxer is automaticly a botter. Nope. Read what i wrote several times already. A multiboxxer can be a player ( non ban), a player who uses software to automate parts ( ban offense), or a botter.
    And its in the rules and blue post i linked you several times. Where blizzard says multiboxxing itself is not a ban. But to automate a part of it ( or completly) and use software to do it is!!!!

lol that taxi comparison. You really are missing the point are you not. Lets say he owns 20 cabs. Then he cab company owner. But if he also drives 1 he is also a cab driver. Being the owner of the company does not mean you are no longer cab driver when you drive a shift. 1 does not exclude the other. Oops their goes your logic.

I think you are just stuck on the thing that 1 excludes you of being the other. Or that you can be both at the same time.
    To give something in real life comparison like you just did.
    owing 20 cabs is not a crime
    installing illegal modifications on them is.
    driving 1 of them to cover a shift. Does make you also a cab driver. But also still the boss of the whole company.
    If you automate all of the cab drivers ( robot drivers)( tesla self drive etc) you can not say : its a complete robotic run company. why you as human are still the boss. And its still a cab company if you deliver the same service.

And where did i say raid group? really looked it up. never seen that. So please link that piece of text.

- - - Updated - - -

Only via software
    And a bot is?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

maybe click the link to the offical news post?

A correction for accuracy, input broadcasting software not all software.
    yup you are correct. your normal mice software is okay and gpu drivers also.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing).
    yup you are right.

I think you may have what I think slightly wrong. I have no problem with input broadcasting software, that's not botting to me (or Blizzard) because every action is a result of a single keypress from a player. Botting to me is when something happens and no person had any hand in it, kick bots are bots because the kick went off without the player doing anything, he might be playing but the kick happened without him doing anything it just fired off by itself, he is a botter. He can be multiboxing while he is botting but he's not a multiboxxer he's a botter. Farm botters are obviously botters
    euuhhh read the links.
    The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense.
    . it is ban using that software.
    I would agree if only part of the process is automated then it would not call that botting. Bots are to me where 85% or more of the process is automated. But there is always a human element. For selling the herbs/ores. For starting the game etc. settings things up ingame.

And thats my whole point ( that i have been making towards some of you). 1 does not exclude you doing/being the other.
    I think what has gone wrong between us 2. Is that you think i think all multi boxxers are botters and think all fo them are bad.
    If that was so i would have made a other thread/start post.
    Me question was just with this thread: is their a increase of multiboxxers.
    I think what i did wrong is i should have said: multiboxxers and multibox-botters.
    I have seen both in increase. And if i had said: botters. most people would ask: where in pvp, pve, farming, leveling? etc

And a bot is?
    I don't understand this. Are you saying that since a bot is software all software is bad?

maybe click the link to the offical news post?
    Why? The support article was updated a month ago, it's more relevant than that article that was made in November. The support article addresses input broadcasting software as well.

yup you are correct. your normal mice software is okay and gpu drivers also.
    And any other program that doesn't do automation or input broadcasting

euuhhh read the links. . it is ban using that software.
    I have, multiboxxing doesn't require the software.
    My Collection

[QUOTE=Drusin;53002900]I don't understand this. Are you saying that since a bot is software all software is bad?
    external software ( that changes things ingame) used with world of warcraft according to ToS and that blue post is.

Why? The support article was updated a month ago, it's more relevant than that article that was made in November. The support article addresses input broadcasting software as well.
    So because they update 1 part of the text ( or to make it clear) all previous rules are out?
    They even linked to the post. like here are the offical rules...look at them.

And any other program that doesn't do automation or input broadcasting
    yup

I have, multiboxxing doesn't require the software.
    if you alt tab nope, but if you have 6 accounts farming at once, or use a single key stroke for all alts does need software.
    So if you multibox without software its okay. but with software of any form its not.
    multiboxxing does not exclude the use of software.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that since a bot is software all software is bad?
    external software ( that changes things ingame) used with world of warcraft according to ToS and that blue post is.
    Nowhere in that posts does Blizzard say what you just said.

So because they update 1 part of the text ( or to make it clear) all previous rules are out?
    Who said that?

They even linked to the post. like here are the offical rules...look at them.
    I have, numerous times

if you alt tab nope, but if you have 6 accounts farming at once, or use a single key stroke for all alts does need software.
    No it doesn't.

So if you multibox without software its okay. but with software of any form its not.

Doesn't say all software it says INPUT BROADCASTING SOFTWARE and makes no mention of anything else

multiboxxing does not exclude the use of software.
    I think what you mean to say is, "multiboxing doesn't mean it's ok to use software", is that correct? If so I never said it did, if not then elaborate.
    My Collection

Nowhere in that posts does Blizzard say what you just said.
    third-party input broadcasting software
    Or are we going to semantics again. That i did not specify every piece of software that is or is not.
    So let me make it even more clear.....wait no. I have said it several times. And linked the page you posted.

Who said that?
    you did

I have, numerous times
    good

No it doesn't.
    It does. because you have several accounts open at the same time. 1 key stroke ingame does not go to other games without software. or explain how you can do magic with 1 click of a button make 6 accounts do the same thing.

Doesn't say all software it says INPUT BROADCASTING SOFTWARE and makes no mention of anything else
    [/QUOTE]
    again you are splitting hairs here.
    again, its about software that interverse with the game. or automates it...like i said before. and we are talking about multibox software. Or do you want me to qoute every piece of software that is allowed or not.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ting-agreement

So any software that changes the game, hacks it, or modify's it at its core. ....happy now?

I think what you mean to say is, "multiboxing doesn't mean it's ok to use software", is that correct? If so I never said it did, if not then elaborate.
    No multiboxing does not mean when you use software its no longer multiboxxing. ( any software that helps with the multiboxxing).
    Like if you own a WoW account but a bot plays it for you to make money. It does not mean the WoW accounts is no longer your account.

But again. I think where we went wrong. Is that you think in very absolutes. And i did not specify enough. I should know better. the last few years this forum has gone from people who understand sarcasme, and reading/context of things. To people who take everything serieus, need to fight on everything, split hairs over every word that is typed. take things out of context etc.
    You almost need a 10 page disclaimer just to post things these days.

So lets reset the discussion/thread.
    And let me update the first post now just special for you:

My question is. Do you see more multiboxxers and multibox-bots.
    And when its clear you see multibox- bots ( so not a normal multiboxxer).
    And clear evidence is:
    - auto casting on all accounts at once.
    - to large groups to single handly do it. ( 8 to 10+)
    - boosted gear
    - using the ocean trinket and other ways like pvp etc to see if the bot fritzes out etc
    ( and all the other things)
    Do you think blizzard is reacting enough on them/do they care. Because i have had 2 accounts that have been doing it for a while now ( that i see around a lot). Who clearly do all of the above.
    But slow to non reactions.

Or are we going to semantics again. That i did not specify every piece of software that is or is not.
    So let me make it even more clear.....wait no. I have said it several times. And linked the page you posted.
    Ok cool, so input broadcasting software and not all software under the sun.

you did
    I didn't.

good

again you are splitting hairs here.
    No split ends here lol, Blizz says no input broadcasting software so that means no input broadcasting software

again, its about software that interverse with the game. or automates it...like i said before. and we are talking about multibox software.
    Only "multibox software" I'm aware of is input broadcasting software. Well that was before Blizz outlawed it, now there are at least 2 new multibox programs out there without input broadcasting

Or do you want me to qoute every piece of software that is allowed or not.
    No need Blizz did it for me, input broadcasting softare.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ting-agreement

So any software that changes the game, hacks it, or modify's it at its core. ....happy now?
    Yep, saw that yesterday before I made my post

Here's my favorite line:
    in Blizzard’s sole determination

Which is why they can include this line

any ‘add-on’ or ‘mod’
    with
    allows users to modify or ‘hack’ a Blizzard game’s user interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly allowed by Blizzard in the EULA;

And it not include damn near every addon in existence

No multiboxing does not mean when you use software its no longer multiboxxing. ( any software that helps with the multiboxxing).
    Ok cool I never said that, I said that a botter isn't a multiboxer because they aren't playing.

Like if you own a WoW account but a bot plays it for you to make money. It does not mean the WoW accounts is no longer your account.
    But it does mean you aren't a wow player since you don't play it. Just as a botter isn't a multiboxer since they aren't playing.

But again. I think where we went wrong. Is that you think in very absolutes. And i did not specify enough. I should know better. the last few years this forum has gone from people who understand sarcasme, and reading/context of things. To people who take everything serieus, need to fight on everything, split hairs over every word that is typed. take things out of context etc.
    You almost need a 10 page disclaimer just to post things these days.

So lets reset the discussion/thread.
    And let me update the first post now just special for you:

My question is. Do you see more multiboxxers and multibox-bots.
    And when its clear you see multibox- bots ( so not a normal multiboxxer).
    And clear evidence is:
    - auto casting on all accounts at once.
    You can do this with a hardware setup so there's no way anything is clear.
    - to large groups to single handly do it. ( 8 to 10+)
    This alone isn't enough since you can do that with hardware setups.

Do you think blizzard is reacting enough on them/do they care
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only play wow and overwatch but other games have an apparent bot crisis as well like Eve and FFXIV, I think Blizz does fine because I personally never see anyone who I could suspect may be a bot.
    My Collection

on europe french server, they were everywhere at the start, the firsts weeks of shadowlands...

and since a month, i dont see them anymore, i do all my stuff every day, wq, dungeon etc.. and i dont see them anymore, did blizzard really fixed this ?