Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Haha vivify go fwoosh

I'm gonna be sad when Blizz inevitably nerfs Corrosive Dosage for trivializing Torghast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

I'm gonna be sad when Blizz inevitably nerfs Corrosive Dosage for trivializing Torghast.
    you say that but thats kinda the point of torghast.
    For shit to be broken af.

i mean i play demonolgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Wasn't 'roguelikey' Blizzard's goal for Torghast? This is pretty much the norm in this space. Crazy synergies lead to all sorts of insanity, but you could also get skunked and end up at the end with not enough health to survive.

I hope they don't touch it, but I also haven't played in weeks so it's not like it kept me around.

I love when people say monks have trash anima powers. It’s like bruh have you actually tried corrosive dosage? 1 on its own will crush everything but if you get 3 or 4 you have to press nothing else but vivify every few seconds.
    Last edited by Raern; 2021-02-09 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you say that but thats kinda the point of torghast.
    For shit to be broken af.
    And Corrosive Dosage is so much more broken than most other things. Having a healer do top DPS by a massive margin is absurdly OP.

It just feels so powerful that I can't help but be absolutely sure Blizzard is going to nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It’s the only thing that works for monk though... vivify + the roll immunity is how 99% of monks finish twisting corridors
    You may also stuck touch of death cd reduction + fortifying brew and one shot everything or SCK damage increase + reduction.

Well, if you stack rats, +15% stamina and forifying brew you might end up with a lot of hp.

True but it mostly stops scaling after 5 stacks and you need more than that by floor 18... you need to find other powers that buff it.

- - - Updated - - -

They’d need to buff other things... corrosive dosage is basically the only way to do twisted corridors where you need like 80k dps to beat the final boss.

In normal torghast it’s absurd but in twisted it’s not - just doing corrosive gets you to maybe 40k and you need to find the rest of the dps from other powers.
    I think Corrosive Dosage only goes to 5. I never had more than 5 of the power.

However 0CD 4 target TOD with the Fortbrew scaling gives you touch of deaths for over 1million.
    All Kryian powers are VERY good too - Especially when you can reset it with Phial and stack Blackout Kick powers.
    Obviously 6 rolls + immunity is good.
    Multi Invokes are good too considering Xuen with Corrosive Dosage is prettttttty crazy.
    ToK on Provoke is good.
    0 CD Leg Sweep is good after your roll-immunity wears off.

There's more options than people say, they just parrot what they read on Reddit (or here).

And Corrosive Dosage is so much more broken than most other things. Having a healer do top DPS by a massive margin is absurdly OP.

It just feels so powerful that I can't help but be absolutely sure Blizzard is going to nerf it.
    You can do that as BrM and WW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You can do that as BrM and WW as well.
    But not as effectively since you're more limited by energy, plus with MW you can get up to 5 procs of Corrosive Dosage from a single vivify cast because of Renewing Mist

7+ Year Old Account

you say that but being able to press 1 button and kill everything on the map is also absurdly op
    but balance druids get that
    pressing a button, getting perma 1% int, and also making a mob move at 10% speed while also doing constant ticking damage FOREVER to it is abusrdly op
    but affliction locks get that
    having a pet that 1 shots mobs and is unkillable meaning you just command pet attack everything and win is abusrdly op
    but demo locks get that
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

There is a high chance Blizzard won't ever nerf monks in Torghast because Blizzard usually forgets the monk class exists in the first place.

Again, the problem is the last boss. There may be other builds that work but instant ToD is only valuable for last 15% - last boss has 10 mill health. Pretty much everyone I’ve ever heard do it did roll immunity maxed out, vivify maxed out, and that’s 90% of how they kill the boss.
    Get out of your echo chamber.

Well, when the nerf comes you could always try Ions famous mawrat build that he so proudly talked about on blizzcon last year...

Yes ion, one COULD make a mawrat build, but only a complete moron would do so.

And i dunno what happend to this supposed high variance of runs.. my builds are pretty much identical every run. because theres only 1 good option to take, everything else is useless.

(im a mage... it either oneshot invis combo or... nothing, thats the only interaction we got that isnt part of the standard dps rotation)
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-02-11 at 02:07 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Cute, two digit dps.

Unfiltered Bone Broth + 5 stacks corrosive acid=1M+ dps single target (in a five player party).

I realize they don't really care about balance in Torghast, but that this is not on the list of the current 9.05 anima power changes really is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Well, when the nerf comes you could always try Ions famous mawrat build that he so proudly talked about on blizzcon last year...

Yes ion, one COULD make a mawrat build, but only a complete moron would do so.

And i dunno what happend to this supposed high variance of runs.. my builds are pretty much identical every run. because theres only 1 good option to take, everything else is useless.

(im a mage... it either oneshot invis combo or... nothing, thats the only interaction we got that isnt part of the standard dps rotation)
    wut? Nothing? I rarely do the oneshit build... I tend to go for high dps sustain + CD reduction and haste. More consistent than one shotting something every 5 min.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    wut? Nothing? I rarely do the oneshit build... I tend to go for high dps sustain + CD reduction and haste. More consistent than one shotting something every 5 min.
    You do realize, that the oneshot invis combo go for those things aswell.

My point is that there are way to few power enchancing powers and way too many powers that are plain useless. Pretty much every single choice is a nobrainer choice of pick something that actually does somthing usefull vs picking something that is entirely useless.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

????????????????????????????

Why should they nerf it? Corrosive Damage isn't even close to being the most OP spell in Torghast. And the entire point of Torghast is that you should do an absurd amount of damage.

This thread is so dumb:
    1. Calling something too OP, which actually isn't
    2. Calling it OP in Torghast, even though this place was designed with this stuff in mind
    3. Being already upset and saying how Blizz will nerf it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    You may also stuck touch of death cd reduction + fortifying brew and one shot everything or SCK damage increase + reduction.
    This is a great strat in early twisted corridors layers, but it's incredibly useless later on to focus on that. Sure, you should and will get these anyways as you'll have so many anima powers, but relying on that won't work at a certain point. When I did Twisted Corridors Layer 8 I went for Corrosive Damage > Roll immunity, roll charges, celerity (whatever improved my rolls) > passive damage increases > passive hp and defensive increases > instant touch of death, fort. brew buff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I realize they don't really care about balance in Torghast
    That's the whole point...
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-12 at 08:12 AM.

as a mistweaver, just put on your ATotM legendary and grab every rising sun kick, blackout kick and tigerpalm power - mixed with anything else that increases hp & secondary stats.
    blows vivify corrosive out of the water in terms of speed and survivability, especially in twisted corridors and relies on a broader mix of usefull powers (altho you really want 1-2 early blackout kick powers to not fall asleep in the first 2 layers)

Whats the secret for doing su much corrosive dmg?

Today i tried torghast, got 3 times the power and i barely was able to reach 4-5 k dps with vivify