Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah I found myself not logging in for couple of days first, now I haven't been playing for almost 3 weeks straight. It's really not that good of an expansion as some rabid fanboys here make it out to be.

Also lets take TBC

In TBC there was a Dungeon set for each CLASS! A Raid set each tier for each class

Now we get 1 set pr amor , WOW blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    So we have all been playing Shadowlands, the past few months.

And the honeymoon phase is over. But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.

I really don't get, why blizzard choose to have each zone separated, it feels to disconnected. it made me care less about the "shadowland world".

The covenant are really boring imo and super slow, its gated behind time, so its like watching a movie, but you can only see 2min each week.

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?
    Nope, I'm still having a blast. I enjoy the raid & I enjoy M+. I haven't done nearly everything I want to do this tier, much else for the expansion overall, future tiers notwithstanding.

I also don't understand your comparison to wrath, for most of wrath you had to find a group in trade for heroics. I remember seeing people paying tanks for runs, spamming trade for hours to get their daily even when they were offering gold for the run. Now you can run Mythics for hours and you can at least use the LFG tool to find groups and have a chance at loot from each one. Sure, you can't get valor from M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Nope, I'm still having a blast. I enjoy the raid & I enjoy M+. I haven't done nearly everything I want to do this tier, much else for the expansion overall, future tiers notwithstanding.

I also don't understand your comparison to wrath, for most of wrath you had to find a group in trade for heroics. I remember seeing people paying tanks for runs, spamming trade for hours to get their daily even when they were offering gold for the run. Now you can run Mythics for hours and you can at least use the LFG tool to find groups and have a chance at loot from each one. Sure, you can't get valor from M+.
    As a dk dps in warth I had 10min queue for a. HC

Yup. Got my main to 60 and then stopped playing. Started WoW in vanilla, seems fitting that I stop in the Shadowlands. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    But thats exactly the issue... He wants more to do so he doesn't have to play other games. For many wow is the only game they play and currently, its a dumpster fire if you are not doing the 3 main activities. pvp, raiding and m+
    But there's more than ever. Here's the OP's list of things he did during TBC that are missing now:

There was always world pvp. Rep farm.

Even small things like herb/mining. Mats farm.

Today multiboxers and bots have destroyed that .

Would also argue that multiboxers are worse then bots.
    Daily quests, world PvP, & gathering professions. All these things still exist, on top of achievements, covenant events, mount rares, cosmetic rares, other collectables (mounts/toys), actually killable by the average player world bosses, & even RP if so inclined, etc.

If someone isn't interested in any of the above, dungeons, raids, or PvP, how on earth are Blizzard meant to make content for them so they don't have enough time or desire to play anything else when they're already putting in more than before? If herbing/mining kept people entertained in yesteryear but fails to do so now, I don't think the blame is fully on the multi-accounters... Might just be getting bored of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Who once said about a company contacting an individual for development input? I didn't.
    If you are a little white knight feel free to jogon - I was directing my message to the OP.
    OP: I feel like the game would be better if it was just the year 2010 and the expansion was called Wrath of the Lich King.

You: Don't worry dude. #NotMyBlizzard the REAL game devs abandoned this game years ago. Instead of moving the fuck on with my life though, I smugly post about how much better the game used to be and call anybody who dares to disagree with my super hot take that the current game is garbage a white knight. Btw, I post on le reddit nothing personnel kid.

The comma usage from OP is triggering.

Did you even read, what i wrote down :P ? Im doing M+, RAiding and PVP, but when im not doing that, i feel like there is nothing to do, the world feels empty and shallow
    What else would you want to do? That's literally 80% of the game. The last 20 is farming rep, mats, xmog stuff, or leveling alts. As it is with every mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    OP: I feel like the game would be better if it was just the year 2010 and the expansion was called Wrath of the Lich King.

You: Don't worry dude. #NotMyBlizzard the REAL game devs abandoned this game years ago. Instead of moving the fuck on with my life though, I smugly post about how much better the game used to be and call anybody who dares to disagree with my super hot take that the current game is garbage a white knight. Btw, I post on le reddit nothing personnel kid.
    Why do you go all white knight ? I mean, why not tell blizzard what you dislike and let them learn.

As I said, I'm doing all group content, and clearing everything besides mythic raid (CBA about that, way to boring)

I'm just saying I want what we have now, but i want more none group content.

Improve Crafting.
    Do more Mage tower.

Also instead of blizzard just giving up on features because they failed or kind of lame.

Garrisons, Yeah they where shit, but why not keep working on it, and give us housing. Decor drop from every boss and world drop. It would give people countless of hours of content.

Tillar farm, amazing content, why not improve it, so we could have a farm on a island or something, that keep growing for each exp.

Islands, why not improve them, fuck the AP crap, but make it an adventure, some Indiana jones style content, where you should find treasures and explore.

The list goes on

Improve Crafting.
    Do more Mage tower.
    They wont ever "improve" crafting in a meaningful way, because then it becomes "mandatory" and will get min/maxed into oblivion and everyone will say they are "forced" to be a blacksmith because a website told them thats best.

As for the mage tower, I started a thread at the end of Legion stating Blizzard obviously considered the MT a failure, or at best not worth it from a development POV, based on the fact they were not continuing the idea. Especially when you consider the ideas they DID continue such as mission benches, garrisons by various other names etc. I guess participation was exceptionally low and development time might have been much higher than it appears on the surface; I just look at it as a single boss encounter, but considering they had to be manageable on various specs with various abilities, the tuning and fundamentals of each fight might have been quite complex.

Its quite funny because I was attacked and abused for suggesting something so ludicrous, and it was "abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain" that they would be adding new MT in BfA and every expansion moving forward. To be clear - i enjoyed the MT, it was great, and im surprised they didnt revisit it for each expansion, but they didnt, so Blizzard (the ones with all the data) obviously do not intend to do it again any time soon.

As for garrisons, they did continue them - we had order halls, and now we have covenants. Are they exactly the same? no, but what you are asking for is essentially player housing.

IE is a tricky one, because I loved the idea of grabbing 0-4 friends and going off on an adventure, finding rare mobs and hard to kill encounters with puzzles etc etc. But the reality is, if there is no meaningful rewards, people tend to avoid those activities, and if there are meaningful rewards, suddenly there needs to be a difficulty curve and timers and rush rush rush gogogo pressure pressure pressure.

I believe it is why i have seen quite a surge in interest in games like ESO & GW2, no idea if that interest is reflected in subs / purchases, but there has been a lot more activity in those communities as of late.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-09 at 09:01 PM.

As a dk dps in warth I had 10min queue for a. HC
    Did you not start playing until the end of Wrath? Because there weren't even queues until the last tier...

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    What is funny is in Wrath you only got 2 good badges per day (emblems of frost) from the daily dungeon.

Items cost 60-90 badges each.

The end of dungeon badges were absolute trash gear relative to what was available. It would be worse than LFR gear now as an equivalent.

But I guess its fine for the gear to be trash because its on a vendor lol?
    It was as useless as heroic loot is now, so for OP its no change and should be quite satisfied

I mean que up, do heroics, farm some anima, upgrade your covenant gear through a vendor, and you, gameplay wise, are doing the same way as in WotLK. Though now you got even more options to gear up outside that, isnt that the complaint of the OP?

So, I don't get OPs argument. If the argument isn't a complaint about not getting bis gear from trivial content that is. Now, that would have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Maybe a massively multi-player game isn't for you if you prefer to do everything solo.
    Blizzard seemingly disagrees, as like almost all of it is soloable except for the last part. They certainly encourage that playstyle way too much for "maybe solo players shouldn't do this" to be much of argument. That, or Blizzard is just doing a bait and switch! (Which they totally are, and have been for ages)

Of course, though, doing things in teeny instances locked away from the rest of the world us SURELY what MASSIVE multiplayer online games should surely be ALL about!

Surely doing tiny things in teeny instances or playing worse versions of better competitive multiplayer games in teeny rooms is worth $15 a month!
    Last edited by Otimus; 2021-02-09 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It was as useless as heroic loot is now, so for OP its no change and should be quite satisfied

I mean que up, do heroics, farm some anima, upgrade your covenant gear through a vendor, and you, gameplay wise, are doing the same way as in WotLK. Though now you got even more options to gear up outside that, isnt that the complaint of the OP?

So, I don't get OPs argument. If the argument isn't a complaint about not getting bis gear from trivial content that is. Now, that would have made more sense.
    I'm not convinced the OP actually played in Wrath, to be frank. Some of the things he has said about it are wrong. If he DID play, I think he started after ICC was out, because he was talking about his short "queue" times when I mentioned people having to spend extended time periods in /2 LF Tank & Healer for Daily Heroic...

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    you know the mmo champion crowd is never bored and never has a problem with the game. They might even blame you for being bored
    I got hella bored with WoD & BFA. You know what I did? I quit playing. I found other games and other things to do. You know what I didn't do, I didn't bitch on MMO champion for years about how I quit and you guys are suckers for playing the game.

I came back in SL and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm not convinced the OP actually played in Wrath, to be frank. Some of the things he has said about it are wrong. If he DID play, I think he started after ICC was out, because he was talking about his short "queue" times when I mentioned people having to spend extended time periods in /2 LF Tank & Healer for Daily Heroic...
    LIES! My DK got a bunch of world firsts in TBC and my Monk was one of the highest ranked arena characters in all of vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    LIES! My DK got a bunch of world firsts in TBC and my Monk was one of the highest ranked arena characters in all of vanilla.
    Him having like 20 total posts (almost all of them in this thread) and being around for 2 years on MMO-Champ helps his case, too! Makes him SUPER believable and DEFINITELY not a troll of any sort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if i level an alt, its just the same stuff once again. Raid and M+

The world has nothing, it was fun the first weeks as everyone was trying to get the mounts and so on, now its just stale

- - - Updated - - -

In pre cata, you could spam HC dungeons on your alt and gear HC gear + Valor points. Also i imo the world felt more alive back then.
    Valor points were not a thing pre-cata. they were badges, and they were old gear or timegated new gear, you can do the exact same thing now.

(Daily heroics gave you current gear badges, but after that every boss kill gave you a badge from the last teir)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

LFD came in 3.3.0 . After 3.3 it was amazing. i never said any thing about the start of the EXP.

In the start of warth, it was none stop raiding, group HCs, Rep farm and Wintergrasp