Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    I like Torghast, so I'm looking forward to it /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Tells people not to use anecdotal evidence.

Proceeds to use anecdotal evidence themselves.
    He was using an anecdote to prove that using anecdotes doesn't prove anything. 100% correct usage, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Don't dismis other people's opinion because of your anecdotal experience, else you become just like them. For many people taking these special anima did exactly nothing. Same was for me, in 2 runs, I regretted using these animas last time this event was on. But I took it as being unlucky with animas throughout both runs. Those companions were doing nothig, dying a lot and I had to sacrifice useful self animas for them.
    I'm dismissing the patently boring take that Torghast is irrelevant not the strength of the power itself. I realize my experience is anecdotal but at least I'm fucking engaging in the event instead of smugly sitting on the sidelines and proclaiming how bad the event is (as if anybody should give a fuck).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish their copy-pasta went further into specifics for each event. At least then it would be a useful copy-pasta. =/
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

5+ Year Old Account
    lol, an event...yeah that should bring me back..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm dismissing the patently boring take that Torghast is irrelevant not the strength of the power itself. I realize my experience is anecdotal but at least I'm fucking engaging in the event instead of smugly sitting on the sidelines and proclaiming how bad the event is (as if anybody should give a fuck).
    And if somebody engage in a event and still found it steaming pile of shit? Checkmate?

Ok, unlike the beast event this is fun and ridiculously OP once you realized only one of the group takes the form and the rest just mounts him.

@Blizzard, its better to stop focusing thorgast or covenant pls. u know its shit already, u cant make it better
    Last edited by 4justice; 2021-02-09 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Ok, unlike the beast event this is fun and ridiculously OP once you realized only one of the group takes the form and the rest just mounts him.
    Yeah I thought it was fun too in a group. Did one side solo with the beast and it was rathee meh, other sider with friends was a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    I must be hallucinating but did they really spend time and energy to make...this? Is this for real?
    To be fair it's wasn't really much time. It's basically a copy/paste of a particular mob in Torghast. Then it has a few powers it can gain (that replace powers you would've normally gotten from it). The effort level of it was probably around 1%. The feature sounds like it would be somewhat involved and decent, but in practicality it isn't much. I tried it on a few different classes last time and each spec, heals/dps/tank, and I was better off just ignoring it.

Granted, that's basing it on the last one. I'm not sure how similar overall this is to the other one.

7+ Year Old Account
    are these on the same level as bad broken as the beasts where ?

Did a few runs with it, and it's fun.

Can get to extreme OP status to clearing the trash, and is solid for bosses, just not that fast. Haven't done it in a group to see how it scales with more, but it was a fun experience.

I like the fact that you can hop in and out of the ghost in certain situations, or do dump your cds and then return, some clever play available.

Putting different themes on torghast is what they did similar with Islands right? Just add a new one in with a slightly different flavour to try and make it less monotonous, difference is Islands dropped mogs worth gold and chances at mounts with doubloons to buy extra mount attempts with.

What is the point in adding flavour to torghast? If torghast didn't drop soul ash, the participation would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    Well - the beasts gave me a tank so I could solo Torghast for a change - was only unhappy that the tank wasn't always an option.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I can hardly stand 1 torgast run and collect souls in the maw in a week.
    Not that I matter in a population of millions but I would really like them to spend their time on covenant/class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And if somebody engage in a event and still found it steaming pile of shit? Checkmate?
    Then at least you're not the kind of attention seeking wanker who posts shit with zero intention of participating in the content simply to get internet high fives from random strangers for having the very groundbreaking opinion that Blizzard sucks at making video games. Did I mention how novel, unique and cool it is to say Blizzard can't do anything right? Man, it's so fun to write about how much they suck. It sure would be nice if some random person would quote and agree with me so I can sleep better at night knowing I possess the most correct opinion possible!

10+ Year Old Account
    These TG events are fucking useless unless is for twisting...how is this not apparent??

I hope they are still intending to put in the single shoulder pad transmog thing.

In my yet limited experience, this one takes even longer to pick up. It's pretty OP once you get the right set of power-ups (cooldown reductions on the single-target, heal when you use the defensive, extra defensive charges) but it took until floor 5 to get it really going. It, however, seems designed around group play, since players can just merge into a single npc and therefore really speed up empowering the thing.

Last time around, there were a couple builds that were really OP, mainly that one where your beast exploded when it got to 10% hp and dealt some % of its max HP to everything around it plus some stun. You could just stack HP on it plus the explosion anima power and you'd just stand back and use the least aggro generating way you could to send your beast in, and the beast would solo everything. Literally.

This time around it feels even slower, which is pretty shitty. And yeah, it not working in corridors kinda makes it worse, but god forbid if you don't suffer to get your corridor creeper, last thing you'd want was for this game to just be fun :P /s

did this with a group of 5, was pretty fun, Megazord of death!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    They0re overpowered since floor number 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What does the power do? I don't see what the event powers are in the original post.
    You get trasformed into a shadow ghopst like the ones in mort regart, and have 4 abilities, one unitarget , 2 aoe (that also interrupts), 3 a healing and 4 a way to move . The damage they do a lot of damage, and more the more powewrs to increase them you get. Bosses last less than a minute. Try it