Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is fine. I'm simply saying that that isn't the TTRPG class, it's something else entirely, and probably shouldn't be called "Dragonsworn".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but Brewmasters, DKs, and DHs don't have specific flights like Dragonsworn do. Also in WoW Dragonsworn like Timewalkers simply have a title while they maintain their standard player class. Finally, since Brewmasters ended up just becoming a specialization of a larger class, I wouldn't take DS being a prestige class in the TTRPG as anything to make note of.
    Dude the class was at one point pitched as dragon knight and you said “no because dragon knight doesn’t exist”

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....Is your reading comprehension just really terrible at night? Troll, Orc, and human are RACES. So dragon would be a RACE. You're trying to say it should be a class which is stupid as fuck. And they will never be a playable race either.
    Now hold on a second. I'd love to play a Dragon Rogue. Think of the stealth animation. Think of the itty bitty daggers between claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That are never going to happen.
    then we agree that a dragon class will never happen and this thread should die
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Is your reading comprehension just really terrible at night? Troll, Orc, and human are RACES. So dragon would be a RACE. You're trying to say it should be a class which is stupid as fuck. And they will never be a playable race either.
    Again, what's the difference between an Orc having dragon breath and swiping with dragon claws and a dragon disguising themselves as an orc having dragon breath and swiping dragon claws? It's the exact same thing gameplay wise. One just makes more sense than the other lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Now hold on a second. I'd love to play a Dragon Rogue. Think of the stealth animation. Think of the itty bitty daggers between claws.
    Dragons will never be a playable race. If they ever became a playable race, it would mean Blizzard have officially lost their fucking minds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    how about Dragon Knight or Dragoon?
    If we get dragoon I’m saving so many names

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Dude the class was at one point pitched as dragon knight and you said “no because dragon knight doesn’t exist”
    Honestly it shouldn't exist as a class unless it allows you be something akin to Wrathion or Kalecgos. Anything outside of that should just be covenants 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    then we agree that a dragon class will never happen and this thread should die
    And both of these statements will never happen as well lol

If we get dragoon I’m saving so many names
    the thing with dragoon i could see it as either a caster class(cloth), melee class(mail), or a combination of both(mail).
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Again, what's the difference between an Orc having dragon breath and swiping with dragon claws and a dragon disguising themselves as an orc having dragon breath and swiping dragon claws? It's the exact same thing gameplay wise. One just makes more sense than the other lore wise.
    Once again, dragons are a race and not a class. Get the fuck over this idea of making them into a class because it's really fucking stupid. If the lore directly contradicts the gameplay, it will NEVER happen. It would be like making ogres or murlocs into a class. Are you seriously incapable of seeing how incredibly stupid that is?

Honestly it shouldn't exist as a class unless it allows you be something akin to Wrathion or Kalecgos. Anything outside of that should just be covenants 2.0.
    Yeah you’re right it should only happen if it follows your concept where the race choice is meaningless because having the claws and wings of a dragon aren’t something players want

We wanna be bulky garbage chromatic dragons that destroy lore because you don’t like what is essentially accepted across multiple different games as what a dragonsworn would be

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, dragons are a race and not a class. Get the fuck over this idea of making them into a class because it's really fucking stupid. If the lore directly contradicts the gameplay, it will NEVER happen. It would be like making ogres or murlocs into a class. Are you seriously incapable of seeing how incredibly stupid that is?
    If he can’t co-opt it like the claw pack then he has to kill it

Dragons will never be a playable race. If they ever became a playable race, it would mean Blizzard have officially lost their fucking minds.
    No no, think about a Dragon Druid. Shapeshifting into a creature 1/20th its size in order to fight!

(I'm not quite sure you saw the sarcasm in my previous post)

Yeah you’re right it should only happen if it follows your concept where the race choice is meaningless because having the claws and wings of a dragon aren’t something players want

We wanna be bulky garbage chromatic dragons that destroy lore because you don’t like what is essentially accepted across multiple different games as what a dragonsworn would be

- - - Updated - - -

If he can’t co-opt it like the claw pack then he has to kill it
    Yup. Exactly. Lore only matters when it suits his narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

No no, think about a Dragon Druid. Shapeshifting into a creature 1/20th its size in order to fight!

Yeah because of all of Teriz's ridiculous comments regarding dragons being a CLASS, it's hard for me to know if anyone else is being sarcastic about that insane idea.

You mean like Chromie and Alexstrasza do in Heroes of the Storm?

I can imagine it quite clearly.

Even Wrathion presents himself in humanoid form 99% of the time we interact with him. He even stays in the form when he uses the dagger against N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest question;

Do you think a class that allows you to essentially be Wrathion be popular or unpopular?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You mean like Chromie and Alexstrasza do in Heroes of the Storm?

I can imagine it quite clearly.

Even Wrathion presents himself in humanoid form 99% of the time we interact with him. He even stays in the form when he uses the dagger against N'zoth.
    So... You think it would make sense for a Dragon, you know, the apex predator of the game world, to decide to transform into a cat in order to fight something?

- - - Updated - - -

Honest question;

Do you think a class that allows you to essentially be Wrathion be popular or unpopular?
    A class that lets you play as a Pit Lord would be popular.

A class that let you play as an Old God would be popular.

A class that let you play as a Titan would be popular.

That doesn't mean that it should happen or be good for the game.

Honest question;

Considering Wrathion's abilities are based on him being a dragon, that question is irrelevant. Dragonsworn wouldn't have a full arsenal of dragon level abilities.

So... You think it would make sense for a Dragon, you know, the apex predator of the game world, to decide to transform into a cat in order to fight something?
    You can try to argue the logic, but it's already happened in multiple games with multiple dragon characters.

And to be honest, it's never been an issue. Heroes of the Storm plays perfectly fine with those Dragon characters in humanoid form. Wrathion is perfectly fine interfacing with us and facing old gods in his humanoid form.

As to why a Dragon would choose to stay in humanoid form to fight something, well there's plenty of reasons but if it breaks your suspension of disbelief then none of those reasons would matter. Kinda like how people who hate Pandarens aren't gonna look for reasons to like em, they're just gonna hate. If I said one reason is to be able to wield powerful mortal artifacts, like how Wrathion uses his humanoid form to use the dagger, then 'make sense' is all up to how you feel about it. You could either see it as 'oh right, using powerful mortal weapons wouldn't make sense in Dragon form' or you could see it as 'Just stay in Dragon form it's so much better lololol' and both answers would be valid because they're just different perspectives on how people think Dragons should act.

There's no reason why Chromie chooses to spend all her time in her Gnome form, including in combat. And she has every reason to be in that form, because it's the one she prefers to be in.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-02-10 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A class that lets you play as a Pit Lord would be popular.

A class that let you play as an Old God would be popular.

A class that let you play as a Titan would be popular.

That doesn't mean that it should happen or be good for the game.
    Pit Lords, Titans, and Old Gods have never allied with us. Dragons have, repeatedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Wrathion's abilities are based on him being a dragon, that question is irrelevant. Dragonsworn wouldn't have a full arsenal of dragon level abilities.
    What are “dragon-level” abilities? We encounter dragons at all levels throughout the game.

Pit Lords, Titans, and Old Gods have never allied with us. Dragons have, repeatedly.
    Titans never allied with us? Um...

But above and beyond that, is that really the point?