Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

More forced Mythic+ .. well +15 actually, thats a hard pass from me.

This fixes exactly dick and is about as useful as one too.

My decision to unsub and walk away seems justified, there is nothing at all coming for people who cant stand M+ and all the bullshit it brings to the game.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-02-10 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not everyone gets carried like you

your average lfg pug has 0 chance to clear +10 in time even with 213 itlv. saying that they will clear all +10 in time with 207 loot from upgrades ?

thats just trolling . nothing else.

this system could work if all +5 allow you to upgrade to 213 and all +10 to 220 then +15 to 226/233 .

this would work and nobody would complain .

ofc with rising again the base itlv drops in m+ to correct levels pre nerf.
    You said that ppl tha are doing +10 don’t need 213 ilvl items because if they clear +10 they are already above.

This is simply not true, even in my guild the highest rio dude is a Paladin tank with almost 1200 rio and 209 ilvl.

I’ve not been carried in the slightest. I do 5-6-7 M+ per week that drop NOTHING and all I’m left is ONE (maybe) upgrade per week from the vault so I’m still 201.

I don’t see any trolling here, sorry.

It should have been like this from the start.
    Now everyone who played from day one feels hard cheated gear wise.
    As people were saying. Sometimes it would be better to just wait a few months before playing to not hit the timegates all the time. At least I will have lots of alts with 225 ilvl soon.

I did say 220 should be new max for m+ but imo they should have made it do all 20 instead of 15.

A decent compromise anyway.

Love the Mirrors of Torment buff for Arcane with a clearcasting proc instead of mana, it is weak as it is now. Fleshcraft buff for my main too, but about the abo limb change, its just a scaling change overall?
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-02-10 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    They should move it at least one tier down, so make the gear upgradeable to 213 for doing +5s, and then make it upgradeable to 220 by doing 10s. Maybe that would make sense then.
    Lol. Maybe just give 200 for all normal dungeons too?
    213 for +5? Unless you would only get valor for one upgrade per month

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Yeah, this change is making it easy enough. Lets not dumb down the gearing even more. 213s for doing 5, for fuck sake. Getting 207 for all at 5+ is indeed more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    now watch heroic become obsolete due to this
    Unfortunately, yes. Just hope it takes time to upgrade one piece.

I say its a decent compromise for now, but afraid that this can be like bfa and legion again if they dont cap it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It should have been like this from the start.
    Now everyone who played from day one feels hard cheated gear wise.
    As people were saying. Sometimes it would be better to just wait a few months before playing to not hit the timegates all the time. At least I will have lots of alts with 225 ilvl soon.
    I quit SL around x-mas. I was very dissatisfied with the loot system and now my patience is rewarded (as almost always, patience is the best).

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Odd that it's soo much easier to get 213 gear from PVP than from PVE. I've tried M+8 only and it's been a disaster always, so no way I can do +10 in ALL dungeons. Not even one lol. But from PVP it's easily reachable. Still, I love the return of valor points. Just some tuning needed to balance the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Why are so many of you saying that 207-ish ilvl pugs can't do +10s in time? That is all I ever do. I pug keys and I invite ppl at my own ilvl. 207 atm, and we always time our 10-12s.

Again: I got the +10 achievment in 195-205 ilvl gear. Casual as I am, I do 2-3 dungeons a week, no raid or rated PvP. I think I have 2 items above 213 (and legendary ofc). Still loads of ppl that will find this change a welcome one. I sure do.
    Yeah, again, mmo-c is just full of world class top players.

Congrats on being so skilled mate, but for the majority of us it's not the case. I've run lots of 10ish pugs, and people below 210 ilvl are not even considered for them usually, not only talking about myself as a leader, but on average that's how it is for pug leaders. As a dps class, you have a hard time getting invited to 10-11 with 210 and appropriate rio, I can't see it happening at 207 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You said that ppl tha are doing +10 don’t need 213 ilvl items because if they clear +10 they are already above.

This is simply not true, even in my guild the highest rio dude is a Paladin tank with almost 1200 rio and 209 ilvl.

I’ve not been carried in the slightest. I do 5-6-7 M+ per week that drop NOTHING and all I’m left is ONE (maybe) upgrade per week from the vault so I’m still 201.

I don’t see any trolling here, sorry.
    Can you link the RIO page for the 1200 paladin with 209 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    No one is even thinking of giving anyone anything. This is merely a possible cap of ilvl you can get with points that you will have to farm over time. In some of the past expansions people were able to farm badges to get gear that is on the level of the raid by doing heroic dungeons (which were back then the highest difficulty for that content and it was doable by leveling characters) - without any restrictions whatsoever. People asked for valor points as means of progressing their gear, not to be offered the possibility to use them as a reward for doing top tier content.

Blizzard does not want to just give you the items for reaching those insane achievements like keystone master, they will only unlock the possibility for you to upgrade your gear.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Hmm. Odd that it's soo much easier to get 213 gear from PVP than from PVE. I've tried M+8 only and it's been a disaster always, so no way I can do +10 in ALL dungeons. Not even one lol. But from PVP it's easily reachable. Still, I love the return of valor points. Just some tuning needed to balance the requirements.
    My experience is completely reversed. I can do m5's in time with no prob and even m11's are easy, haven't tried harder ones as I don't enjoy m+ that much. I have been a lot more arena than m+, but only got two character over 1400 barrier and 0 over 1600.

I guess if you are at the level with pvp than you can easily get 1400/1600/1800/2100 rating, pvp gearing is easy and fast, but for my skill set m+'s seems to be easier, but not as enjoyable option.

Yeah, again, mmo-c is just full of world class top players.

Congrats on being so skilled mate, but for the majority of us it's not the case. I've run lots of 10ish pugs, and people below 210 ilvl are not even considered for them usually, not only talking about myself as a leader, but on average that's how it is for pug leaders. As a dps class, you have a hard time getting invited to 10-11 with 210 and appropriate rio, I can't see it happening at 207 tbh.

Can you link the RIO page for the 1200 paladin with 209 ilvl?
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/bladefist/Dikkepaladin

He is now 214 but until 3-4 days ago he was around 1100 with 209 ilvl.

You may also check “our” Arms warrior Bakari, he’s 942 and doing constantly 10-13 M+ with a 206 ilvl gear: https://raider.io/characters/eu/darksorrow/Bakari

I myself will try moving in the 10-11 bracket next week, I don’t see why I could not being invited, drops from 7-8-9 are starting being near to useless to me, if I have to wait for the vault only to get to 210, this will happen in months.

If ppl wants 210 ilvl minimum for 10-11-12 M+ they are just wrong or they simply want to brute force the dungeon (that I can understand, but it’s not necessary).
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-10 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, this change is making it easy enough. Lets not dumb down the gearing even more. 213s for doing 5, for fuck sake. Getting 207 for all at 5+ is indeed more than enough.
    Agreed. We don't need to do a 360 and make m+ best way to gear. We need it on par with PvP, and 1.8k for my PvE ass and ex CE player is not that easy as a tank. If we got 220 for 10s I would say that more or less like getting a 1.4k rating.

In regards to legendaries, just up the legendary allowance to two and let the majority find their best combo, for me it’ll be tormented kings and unhinged >

limiting the valor point system to M+ gear is stupid.... should be able to get normal ilvl and hc ilvl gear as well from a vendor just like the old badge of justice/valor days. Help people catch up and those that just don't like the M+ system (as well as alt gearing). I'm totally ok if you can't get M+ lvl gear via valor points less you run them.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I quit SL around x-mas. I was very dissatisfied with the loot system and now my patience is rewarded (as almost always, patience is the best).
    Yes and no. Until this hits life I have 226 in every slot.
    Only 4 or so missing and it's mostly boe slots.

You won't get enough points to upgrade your gear in a week.
    My guess is you need 1000 points for 220 ilvl and get 100 points per dungeon. Happy grinding.

Maybe there will even be a weekly cap to only upgrade one or two items.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-02-10 at 11:59 AM.

This sounds good on paper, however...

A person who has a keystone conqueror (every dungeon +10 timed) usually no longer needs any 213s, and a person who has keystone master (+15) usually no longer needs any 220s. Maybe 1-2 unlucky slots but that's that. This is more of a system to more easily upgrade your final unlucky gear slots rather than a system for general gear progression.
    Thats highly depends on luck, our Rshaman hasn't even seen the unbound at +5 and he camps +15 mist 10x for weekly vault and constantly goes after as well. being able to upgrade would be nice as they have an m2 one

Quote Originally Posted by Sutingu View Post
    Thats highly depends on luck, our Rshaman hasn't even seen the unbound at +5 and he camps +15 mist 10x for weekly vault and constantly goes after as well. being able to upgrade would be nice as they have an m2 one
    I mean, this makes it so you can get every piece of gear best in slot 220 which is probably better than most 226 items.
    And you can always farm lowlvl keys for the gear you want.

I guess this might also make people farm +2 all day again

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    I mean, this makes it so you can get every piece of gear best in slot 220 which is probably better than most 226 items.
    And you can always farm lowlvl keys for the gear you want.

I guess this might also make people farm +2 all day again
    Well the 220 still will require the +15 in time achievement which from personal experience is not always happening, but at least it means they can get it to 213 instead for now.

Welcome to MoP's gearing system :-)

No one is even thinking of giving anyone anything. This is merely a possible cap of ilvl you can get with points that you will have to farm over time. In some of the past expansions people were able to farm badges to get gear that is on the level of the raid by doing heroic dungeons (which were back then the highest difficulty for that content and it was doable by leveling characters) - without any restrictions whatsoever. People asked for valor points as means of progressing their gear, not to be offered the possibility to use them as a reward for doing top tier content.

Blizzard does not want to just give you the items for reaching those insane achievements like keystone master, they will only unlock the possibility for you to upgrade your gear.
    I mean it's not insane achievement. +10 for 213 is already devaluing HC raid gear as raid is deffo harder than +10. And it's not by "Pro MDI" player Standards. You don't even need to be "good" at the game, being "ok" at the game is good enough and getting HC level gear for being just "ok" at the game is borderline too much. 15s require you to be decent at the game, so I guess 1.8k requires decent skill too so it's on the same ground

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds good on paper, however...

A person who has a keystone conqueror (every dungeon +10 timed) usually no longer needs any 213s, and a person who has keystone master (+15) usually no longer needs any 220s. Maybe 1-2 unlucky slots but that's that. This is more of a system to more easily upgrade your final unlucky gear slots rather than a system for general gear progression.
    Lol. Where do you get gear from to get above 220s if you are not capable doing 15s yet? It is very good gear progression system for players who actually USE that gear.