Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Single target sim

Hi all,

i've been following the forum for a long time and now I need to ask for advice.

I simming my dh and i have some strange result for single target dps (https: // www . raidbots.com/simbot/report/ 9Qg433jkHRYfNxZ5XjEN5Z).

My simulation tells me that i get my best single target dps with a hybrid build trail/cycle and not with first blood. Is this possible?

All guides say that the first blod build is the best but strangely not for me. Is Raidbot reliable? Did I do something wrong with the sim?

Any indication is well accepted.

Thanks and sorry for my english

Well something is messed up as Blind Fury is not used as the Single Target spec. I would use a site like https://castle-nathria.subcreation.n...on-hunter.html to see what the majority of other players are using.

Theres an option to switch it to M+ as well depending on content you do

hi,

sorry, i am not here to help. not know much about DH. just dropped in to comment how funny it is that parallel to these thread there are 4-5 stupid idiot typical mmoc threads, full of posts. a billion ppl talking all that brainless shit there and spit in their totally useless opinions. but in a thread like this one (once in the past forums like mmoc made for): not a single post. this thread at least is based/grounded on facts and could have a profit bringing result (at least for the OP). sad times

just want to highlight mmoc 2021. good reasons to stop playing wow after 15 years.

sorry for misusing your thread to state this and sorry i cant add any helpful statements for your question here. and your english is well enough (at least i can read it without any problems, even when speaking bad english by myself), so no probs here imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-02-09 at 02:14 PM.

Trail is standard for single target.

What you are linking is the new build where you use Chaos Theory to proc more Chaos Strikes that refund fury thus shortening the CD on Eye Beam. In total that can be the best DPS but it is very random as it relies on Chaos Theory to proc.
    https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/ classic hunter damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxis View Post
    Hi all,

I simming my dh and i have some strange result for single target dps (https: // www . raidbots.com/simbot/report/ 9Qg433jkHRYfNxZ5XjEN5Z).

My simulation tells me that i get my best single target dps with a hybrid build trail/cycle and not with first blood. Is this possible?

All guides say that the first blod build is the best but strangely not for me. Is Raidbot reliable? Did I do something wrong with the sim?

Raidbots sims your character with your gear/the gear you select and is reliable within the parameters of the sim. I can't see your sim on the link you provided so I can't see what gear/what parameters you put in your sim.
    Icy-veins guids mentions both cycle and first blood as viable picks. Wowhead only recommends cycle.

But you should also factor in the specifics of a fight: Does it have small burst windows? Then glaive tempest is probably best.

BTW I bet that 3 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 2 + Chaos Theory will sim even higher for both single target and Dungeon Slice, but whether it is actually better in a real scenario I don't know. I run that build and like it.
    https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/ classic hunter damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Well something is messed up as Blind Fury is not used as the Single Target spec. I would use a site like [] to see what the majority of other players are using.

Theres an option to switch it to M+ as well depending on content you do
    I did not know this site. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Rogfaroth View Post
    Trail is standard for single target.

What you are linking is the new build where you use Chaos Theory to proc more Chaos Strikes that refund fury thus shortening the CD on Eye Beam. In total that can be the best DPS but it is very random as it relies on Chaos Theory to proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Raidbots sims your character with your gear/the gear you select and is reliable within the parameters of the sim. I can't see your sim on the link you provided so I can't see what gear/what parameters you put in your sim.
    Icy-veins guids mentions both cycle and first blood as viable picks. Wowhead only recommends cycle.

But you should also factor in the specifics of a fight: Does it have small burst windows? Then glaive tempest is probably best.
    So best thing i can do is try the build in raid an see how it perform. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogfaroth View Post
    BTW I bet that 3 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 2 + Chaos Theory will sim even higher for both single target and Dungeon Slice, but whether it is actually better in a real scenario I don't know. I run that build and like it.
    I'm not a lover o momentum build

I personally use 3/3/1/1/2/2/1 for everything dps related it works for pvp too so I never need to alter it. I do not like Blind Fury because then we really are a 3 button spec only using Demon's Bite, Chaos Strike, and Eyebeam. You remove Blade Dance completely from any rotation so it feels really bad.

Hi all,

I believe you have too much mastery..so sims are skewed.
    i would still probably play this if i were you...even if i lose 50 dps it seems favorable as it has some sinergy.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...422ZnCEJEVBWPu

After checking some logs...it seems this build has gained some traction weirdly enough.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ter&spec=Havoc
    Last edited by unlockedz; 2021-02-09 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unlockedz View Post
    I believe you have too much mastery..so sims are skewed.
    i would still probably play this if i were you...even if i lose 50 dps it seems favorable as it has some sinergy.
    [l]

After checking some logs...it seems this build has gained some traction weirdly enough.
    []
    I will spent some time trying in live some build following all advices. We are not a harcore guild so i can do some test during raid and i'm pretty sure i will not lost too much dps testing

PS: my mastery is too high: 30%. I'm trying to lower it but i am not very lucky with this season drops!
    Last edited by Zarxis; 2021-02-09 at 07:33 PM.

I will spent some time trying in live some build following all advices. We are not a harcore guild so i can do some test during raid and i'm pretty sure i will not lost too much dps testing

PS: my mastery is too high: 30%. I'm trying to lower it but i am not very lucky with this season drops!
    this guy pulled 99% with so much mastery https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rgeras/Kenszan ...so it can't be that bad with this build

I got back to DH for a bit.

for ST, I'm running

3/3/1/4/2/1/1

Haste is 14% and Versatility is 15%.

Venthyr covenant.

Chaos Theory legendary.

203 ilvl.

4.5k sim and it goes nicely.

I heard Night Fae is really good, both ST and AoE.

is it worth swapping???
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

for ST, I'm running

3/3/1/4/2/1/1

Venthyr covenant.

Chaos Theory legendary.

203 ilvl.

is it worth swapping???
    I love "the hunt". I swiched from kyrian and even if it is better in high aoe situation night fae is performing very well. I found fae very balanced and functioning in every situation, raid and m+.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

for ST, I'm running

3/3/1/4/2/1/1

Venthyr covenant.

Chaos Theory legendary.

203 ilvl.

is it worth swapping???
    Switched to fae from kyrian and never look back. I love the hunt. I found it very well balanced in all situation, m+ and raid.

I really love "the hunt". Switcher fae from kyrian and never look back. It's well balanced in both m+ and raid

This is very much possible.

Right now there are two possible ST talent paths which work well:

3 3 1 1 2 2 1 (The FB build with CT)

1 2 1 1 1 2 1 (the CoH build with CT)

While the 2nd build might not sound "logical", it uses the much higher uptime of Metamorphosis through Eye Beam and the "active" fury generation to bring the ST numbers on par or higher than the FB build. For me, for instance, it sims around 100dps higher than the FB build. (224ilvl, 23% crit, 21% haste, 29% mastery, 11% versa)

Apart from that, when you check the sims for the FB build, you will see that Fel Rush is around 2-4% of your overall damage, given that it is used when you are waiting for DB fury to proc. The other build lets you continue with your normal rotation without having to use fillers like Fel Rush or Throw Glaive. So, in a "Real Life" situation, you will be pulling more dps with the CoH build than the FB build. (apart from the fact that it is more enjoyable due to no waiting around for fury) Definitely recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamentabilis View Post
    This is very much possible.

Right now there are two possible ST talent paths which work well:

3 3 1 1 2 2 1 (The FB build with CT)

1 2 1 1 1 2 1 (the CoH build with CT)

While the 2nd build might not sound "logical", it uses the much higher uptime of Metamorphosis through Eye Beam and the "active" fury generation to bring the ST numbers on par or higher than the FB build. For me, for instance, it sims around 100dps higher than the FB build. (224ilvl, 23% crit, 21% haste, 29% mastery, 11% versa)

Apart from that, when you check the sims for the FB build, you will see that Fel Rush is around 2-4% of your overall damage, given that it is used when you are waiting for DB fury to proc. The other build lets you continue with your normal rotation without having to use fillers like Fel Rush or Throw Glaive. So, in a "Real Life" situation, you will be pulling more dps with the CoH build than the FB build. (apart from the fact that it is more enjoyable due to no waiting around for fury) Definitely recommend!
    Thanks for your feedback. I was waiting for a back for replace my legendary and now that i have 1 i will try It for sure.

I will post some result in the next few days.

Mastery is worth more per point. That is why it shows so high on some players with just even 3 pieces that have mastery.

You can run almost any spec and if you get PI you really can run any spec. If you are in lower tier guilds it matters even less what talents you run.

Felbade/auto attack spec with CT should be the best single target dummy.

Eye beam with CYCLE of HAtred and CT is trying to cheese the eye beam cool down by using unbuffed blade dance to proc the legendary. It is great when it procs but in practice I find it really annoying to use blade dance that way.

The current safest spec and legendary regardless of encounter is

1/1/3/X/1/3/1 with Collective Anguish. Blade Dance becomes your weakest ability in single target portions of encounters using this play style.

Do not worry about your secondary stats too much as that is determined by loot drops and those are tough to come by. It isn't something to stress over. IL is king still. Agility is our best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Mastery is worth more per point. That is why it shows so high on some players with just even 3 pieces that have mastery.

You can run almost any spec and if you get PI you really can run any spec. If you are in lower tier guilds it matters even less what talents you run.

Felbade/auto attack spec with CT should be the best single target dummy.

Eye beam with CYCLE of HAtred and CT is trying to cheese the eye beam cool down by using unbuffed blade dance to proc the legendary. It is great when it procs but in practice I find it really annoying to use blade dance that way.

The current safest spec and legendary regardless of encounter is

1/1/3/X/1/3/1 with Collective Anguish. Blade Dance becomes your weakest ability in single target portions of encounters using this play style.

Do not worry about your secondary stats too much as that is determined by loot drops and those are tough to come by. It isn't something to stress over. IL is king still. Agility is our best stat.
    Yes, im using this build and found It working very well without spike DPS from random procs. Really like it