10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So, Fight The Flat Earth has this thing called: Dumbfuck of the Year award, in which flat earthers are nominated for some of the stupid shit they're spouting, and then of course, one wins this "prestigious" award.

Now, why am I bringing this up? Well, it's because I think that after yesterday that certain lawyers and republicans (not naming any names, cause there are too many to pick from) should be the ONLY nominees for DFotY because they are somehow more out of touch with facts and reality than freaking flat earthers!
    OT: That ‘award’ alternates between two people... See his ‘which Nathan is dumber’, where Brits make the case that their Nathan is dumber than the US one... Last year was easy, since Nathan (US one) got arrested for following kids in a van, after being kicked off school property for trying to get kids to take his panflit. Like yelling at kids during recess, to get closer to him, so he can give them something that the parents and teachers don’t want them to know. He wasn’t being a pervert, since he live streamed the whole thing... just extremely stupid... but, with all the COVID conspiracy theories, 2020 dumb fuck of the year will be a tough one... they won’t give it to Trump, it’s more for social media personalities.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Random thought of the week: The more I see Matt Gaetz--and I try to as little as possible--the more I think he's transitioning into the next Robbie Rotten.

There. It was in my head and now it's in yours. Good luck.

Trump impeachment attorney David Schoen says that Democrats have used "rhetoric that is just as inflammatory or more so" than Trump but "the problem is, they don’t have followers, dedicated followers when they give speeches." https://t.co/w5O2rg4qRS
    https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...715928576?s=19

Haha!

You see the problem with Democrats are they are not radical enough, fanatical enough and fascists enough to take up insurrection when our dear leader tells us.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    "rhetoric that is just as inflammatory or more so"
    Great, did he cite any examples? Because if one of them incited a riot, throw them out, too.

I think many of us knew it was coming and it's part of the reason this thread is likely to remain open for a long while still.

Georgia Prosecutors Open Criminal Investigation of Trump Phone Call

Fulton County prosecutors have sent letters to state officials instructing them to preserve documents related to the January call, in which former President Donald J. Trump’s asked the Georgia secretary of state to “find” votes.
    Seriously, the amount of litigation and "unfucking" of the TRUMP SHITSHOW is going to be continuing for a long, long time.

10+ Year Old Account

Haha!

You see the problem with Democrats are they are not radical enough, fanatical enough and fascists enough to take up insurrection when our dear leader tells us.
    Even if true, (which it isn’t) I’m not sure “but these other people did it too!” is a good legal defense.

I’m always happy to be surprised, but I’m fairly certain the decision has already been made up in the minds of any and all GOP senators to pretty much ignore the whole proceedings. Knowing this, trumps lawyers are just going to use this whole thing to simply push more of his lies and partisan drivel with the platform and attention the media is supplying.

Hopefully the democrats have some well-thought out pithy barbs to launch back at them. If the GOP is so morally feckless as to have predetermined to let trump off the hook and this is ultimately just a kangaroo trial of soundbites, the democrats need to be focused on winning that too.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m not sure “but these other people did it too!” is a good legal defense.
    It isn't.

But this isn't a legal case, not really. It's "find an excuse so the GOP can vote to dismiss without looking like traitors". And this would be such an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Twitter clarifies that Trump is permabanned, even if he runs again in 2024.

Our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that, we would have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.
    Good. I'm glad there will be at least some consequences for his actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I think many of us knew it was coming and it's part of the reason this thread is likely to remain open for a long while still.

Georgia Prosecutors Open Criminal Investigation of Trump Phone Call

Seriously, the amount of litigation and "unfucking" of the TRUMP SHITSHOW is going to be continuing for a long, long time.
    It might keep trump in the news for the next few years but I figure that if it’s constant legal battering and trials then it will serve well to actively denigrate trumps “legacy.” It’ll be hard to engender people to the trump ways or try and paint him as some aspirational leader if he’s continuously swamped in legal battles for tax evasion and coercion. And he’s not eloquent enough to paint himself as some beneficent martyr of political persecution, at least not in the eyes of anyone that hasn’t already drank the koolaid. Especially if Twitter and other platforms keep him off.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So articles like this one point out that Trump's D-team "lawyers" have argued that impeachment isn't called for, because the American people know how to get rid of an administration they don't like: by voting. Which they did.

But um *ahem* few flaws with that.

1) The election was before the riot. This immediately invalidates the argument, but I'm not done.

2) That argument seems to indicate impeachment in general is never called for. Bullshit.

3) But the biggest issue: Trump claims he won. Trump claimed he won in a landslide, in the speech he gave when inciting the murderous insurrection.

Basically, Trump's lawyers argued that we shouldn't have the death penalty, not because it's immoral or unethical, but because humans all eventually die. Meanwhile Trump is claiming he's an immortal god.

Georgia prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the state's election results, according to a state official. https://t.co/gotuP2nD0W
    https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/sta...940952065?s=19

Once more this is an Impeachable offense!

Let's not forget about Lindsay Graham. My goodness I hope AG Garland has some fortitude.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Once more this is an Impeachable offense!
    Wasn't he already impeached for blackmailing government officials into turning an election in his favor? It's buried in this thread, but if Ukraine your neck you can see it towards the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wasn't he already impeached for blackmailing government officials into turning an election in his favor? It's buried in this thread, but if Ukraine your neck you can see it towards the middle.
    Bet really tho. This was committed on American soil.

We all know what happened and caught on tape of Trump actually asking for votes. It can't be much clearer of asking to create votes.

The Oh BTW part is a state prosecution may have to doe the job the US Congress cannot do. Actually serve Trump justice.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-02-10 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This time he blackmailed US state government. So 3 impeachments now?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I think it's all part of this current set of articles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I think it's all part of this current set of articles.
    Nope. Current articles are only regarding inciting riots using his power of office.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking a bit about this.

If the Republicans vote convict it will throw the party into a voter base crisis.

If the Republicans vote not convict it will also throw the party into a voter base crisis.

In attempt to amass power and use Trump as political weapon has come with massive consequences.

Like a shadow priest using Surrender to Madness.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    That portion of Trump's deplorableness is being pursued by the Georgia State Attorney General's office. They are opening an investigation, and they are fucking pissed. The GA Secretary of State is a fucking rock amongst lily-pads in the GOP, and I'm sure he's pushing this as hard as he can.

I'm not sure of the law in prosecuting a former sitting president for state criminal charges, but I bet the GA AG's Office knows.

This is what I was saying awhile back about the flood gates opening. Trump is about to see an avalanche of criminal and civil suits.

Haha!

This is a common problem. One of the CSPAN callers in PA was ADAMANT that Biden couldn't have won because...he didn't see big crowds at Biden rallies.

I genuinely wonder if these people struggle with the concept of object permanence, still.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Decision to seek federal search warrant in Rudy Giuliani probe could be early test for Biden's DOJ.

And this is just the first month of Biden's Presidency, and they are pushing hard for Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I was thinking a bit about this.

If the Republicans vote convict it will throw the party into a voter base crisis.

If the Republicans vote not convict it will also throw the party into a voter base crisis.

In attempt to amass power and use Trump as political weapon has come with massive consequences.

Like a shadow priest using Surrender to Madness.
    Anyone with any sense of foresight knew that this would happen, that Trump would splinter the GOP. Unfortunately for them, the GOP has NEVER been good at thinking long-term, and as such the vast majority of their political gamesmanship has been centered around short-term power-grabs. Instead of looking at the Tea Party and thinking “this could be problematic down the road,” the GOP saw an actionable group that could net them a few seats here and there. Now they’re experiencing the logical conclusion of backing groups of conspiracy-touting, racist lunatics and they’re falling apart as a result.