Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    9.05-is modest improvement
    9.1-covenant expansion, more Torghasm.
    9.2-archaeology, covenant expansion, more Torghasm, next raid.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nice, we will get full hour of WoW panels right after opening ceremony. Although I don't know why it's split between "what's next" and "deep dive". In the past we had this only during expac reveals to split between two days and between content/systems.

I'm thinking that Dragon Isles will be the new zones in an expansion that revamps the continents.

Just like how Cataclysm included zones for endgame content (the elemental zones) they would need to have some areas you go to after you're done adventuring on the main continents. Just, they will probably add WQs and rares to EK/Kalimdor to keep them relevant.

Pandaria (outside of BFA Vale) and Northrend will unfortunately probably be irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    9.2-archaeology, covenant expansion, more Torghasm, next raid.
    I doubt we will see any meaningful archaeology stuff. Blizz doesn't seem to know what to do with it and players don't seem to care.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Hope we will get to see more cosmic stuff and Elune. What I'm worried is that we'll get a bland Maldraxxus raid that's going to be Naxxaramas 3.0 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Hope we will get to see more cosmic stuff and Elune. What I'm worried is that we'll get a bland Maldraxxus raid that's going to be Naxxaramas 3.0 or something.
    Maldraxxus raid really isn't too likely IMO, but it's the most likely of the covenants for a raid theme. Most of the Margraves can be rezzed and have boss-like models, and Sin'dane COULD betray us.

I still think it's going to be Thros for the Vrykul-themed patch relevant for a Wrath expansion.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-10 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Maldraxxus raid really isn't too likely IMO, but it's the most likely of the covenants for a raid theme. Most of the Margraves can be rezzed and have boss-like models, and Sin'dane COULD betray us.

I still think it's going to be Thros for the Vrykul-themed patch relevant for a Wrath expansion.
    I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of the idea of an evil Sin'dane. I somewhat like how Maldraxxus has that intellectual edge in addition to a more brutish warrior edge - it would be a shame to get rid of the leader of the "good" side's intellectual faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

I would say a Maldraxxus raid is likely because it;

A, Fits the one raid per covenant theory.
    B. It is the zone clossest to a resolution.
    C. Kel'thuzad is still alive.
    D. Maldraxxus is all about scourge nostalgia, and a scourge nostalgia raid is pretty much perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of the idea of an evil Sin'dane. I somewhat like how Maldraxxus has that intellectual edge in addition to a more brutish warrior edge - it would be a shame to get rid of the leader of the "good" side's intellectual faction.
    I would say that Sin'dane is necessary in a way because we have no other friendly liches like we do for the other Houses. Eventually the story will likely have to at least try to make Necrolords rebuild the other houses since that was the big lesson we learned at the end of the campaign, and for that we need friendly people that can take the mantle of Margrave or Baron. Things like Mograine becoming the new Chosen Margrave, or Vashj becoming the new Margrave of the Eyes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say a Maldraxxus raid is likely because it;

D. Maldraxxus is all about scourge nostalgia, and a scourge nostalgia raid is pretty much perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that Sin'dane is necessary in a way because we have no other friendly liches like we do for the other Houses. Eventually the story will likely have to at least try to make Necrolords rebuild the other houses since that was the big lesson we learned at the end of the campaign, and for that we need friendly people that can take the mantle of Margrave or Baron. Things like Mograine becoming the new Chosen Margrave, or Vashj becoming the new Margrave of the Eyes.
    Well, admittedly, there is Balmedar, but it would remain quite unnecessary to kill off Sin'dane, so our points stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't see how that would make the world feel smaller.
    If anything, having huge chunks of each continent be grouped up as one megazone would make the game feel a lot bigger.
    As it would appear as one ginormous zone which you can traverse rather than several tiny ones.

They didn't make Kalimdor feel any bigger by cutting the Barrens in half.

And it's not like they would scale down the zones, they are gonna be just as big as they were before.
    Merely tagged differently when you open your map.
    This exactly! If anything, the Barrens are a perfect example of why smaller zones do not work out: it felt huge before, and since it's been split in two... well not so much.

If Blizzard decided to merge zones, the best approach in my opinion is to create meta-zones around a predominant theme or culture, which would include all existing zones, updated with relevant storylines, graphics and of course high-level content (so we do not have a Cataclysm 2.0). Previous iterations of the said zones would still be available through Chrome and the Caverns of Time.

The merge could go like this:

Kalimdor

• Kaldorei Territories: Ruins of Teldrassil + Darkshore + Felwood + Moonglade Winterspring + Mount Hyjal + Ashenvale
    • Barren Expanses: Azshara + Durotar + Northern Barrens + Southern Barrens + Dustwallow Marsh
    • Plains of Mulgore: Mulgore + Stonetalon Mountains + Thousand Needles + Desolace + Feralas
    • Desertic Wastelands: Silithus + Uldum + Tanaris + Un'Goro Crater
    • Myst Islands: Azuremyst Isle + Bloodmyst Isle
    • Kezan Archipelago: Kezan + Lost Isles + New nearby islands

Eastern Kingdoms

• Kingdom of Quel'Thalas: Eversong Wood + Ghostlands + Isle of Quel'Danas + New zone in former "Northern Lordaeron" zone, focused on Quel'dorei and Ren'dorei
    • Fallen Kingdom of Lordaeron: Tirisfal Glades + Silverpine Forest + Eastern Plaguelands + Western Plaguelands + Hillsbrad Foothills + Arathi Highlands + The Hinterlands
    • Kingdom of Gilneas: Gilneas + Tol'Barad + New nearby islands
    • Khaz Modan: Dun Morogh + Loch Modan + Wetlands + Wildhammer Highlands + Badlands + Searing Gorge + Burning Steppes
    • Kingdom of Stormwind: Elwynn Forest + Westfall + Redridge Mountains + Duskwood + Deadwind Pass + Swamp of Sorrows + Blasted Lands
    • Stranglethorn Jungle: Northern Stranglethorn + The Cape of Stranglethorn + New nearby islands

This would bring so many opportunities to give back its whole glory to Azeroth and keep the world relevant. It's so painful to go back to cities like Stormwind and see updated zones (such as the portal room) looking fantastic, next to buildings from Vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    A. So does any other of two reaming zones, then.
    B. Is it, now? KT is still alive but in Maw, and House of the Chosen is still the enemy but that'd it.
    C. KT is alive, but taken to the Maw. Much more possible to make appearance in Maw raid.
    D. Purely subjective. I got no Scourge vibe, because all peeps there are free willed.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-10 at 08:40 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm 92.3% convinced that 9.1 will be the maw raid and update. It's were the game is most lacking and where the story direction would make most sense next. Not to mention a bunch of "maw raid" stuff was datamined a while back.

9.1 = Maw raid, zone update, torghast improvements with maybe a mage tower-esque wing.

9.2 = Some new zone with a dungeon and a raid.

9.3 = We go to where the first ones are. Fight Jailer there.

10.0 = Time jump a few years. WoW 2.0 w/ updated engine, similar to how they are updating OW2. Everything carries over, but better engine, texture updates, etc.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-02-10 at 08:41 PM.

Hi everyone. Is there any leak? even a fake one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Yeah basically what Sondrelk said, the updated continents would be the new endgame zones.
    My assumption is both a World Revamp, as well as the Dragon Isles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Hi everyone. Is there any leak? even a fake one?
    Outside of some weirdos saying "The Light is the main enemy" or "N'Zoth is actually the big evil all along guys hurr durr", nope.

Right now, we're mostly just focused on 9.1. I seriously hope we finish that whole "Life" plot in the Shadowlands. I seriously doubt we're going to get a Life EXPANSION, especially since there really is nothing to expand upon there, unlike Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    A. So does any other of two reaming zones, then.
    B. Is it, now? KT is still alive but in MAw, and House of the Chosen is still the enemy but that'd it.
    C. KT is alive, but taken to the Maw. Much more possible to make appearance in Maw raid.
    D. Purely subjective. I got no Scourge vibe, because all peeps there are free willed.
    A. Ardenweald is close to a resolution, but doesnt have a distinct enemy that still needs to be defeated, any further conflict needs to be further set up.
    Bastion still has Mawsworn, but the main story that needs to be resolved s Uther, which is linked to Arthas, which is definitely too early.
    Maldraxxus is close to a resolution, but more importnatly has both a distinct enemy to still defeat, as well as it being pressing and most importnatly not climactic enough to save for the end.

B. As mentioned above, it is both close to a resolution, AND has a distinct known enemy still to fight.

C. KT can in theory leave the maw any time he wants if the story demands it.

D. Maldraxxus is literally trying to look like the Scourge. It has necromancers, ghouls, abominations, giant mushrooms and flying necropoli. The stated design intent is to evoke the Scourge. Whether they have free will or not is not important, the zone is a Scourge nostalgia trip, so it feels fitting to have a scourge nostalgia raid.

A. Ardenweald is close to a resolution, but doesnt have a distinct enemy that still needs to be defeated, any further conflict needs to be further set up.
    Bastion still has Mawsworn, but the main story that needs to be resolved s Uther, which is linked to Arthas, which is definitely too early.
    Maldraxxus is close to a resolution, but more importnatly has both a distinct enemy to still defeat, as well as it being pressing and most importnatly not climactic enough to save for the end.
    I don't see why being "close to resolution" is even a factor. The first raid happens well before that zone's story is resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    And what exactly makes you think that is the case?
    Probably being full of themselves. Blizzard says it is the final realm, so unless and until that changes, it is. And Bwonsamdi's place is a frickin' 5man as well, so they can't get out of that one.

I'm amused at someone saying there's nothing for an expansion about Life... I seem to remember people saying the Shadowlands would be a terrible location for an expansion before it happened. If Blizz wants to go there, there will be stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't see why being "close to resolution" is even a factor. The first raid happens well before that zone's story is resolved.
    Nathria is already a bit of an outlier as raids go in general. Usually a raid is hte capstone of a storyline, not the middle part of the opening beats of a story. Later raids are more likely to follow basic game structure like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I seriously doubt we're going to get a Life EXPANSION, especially since there really is nothing to expand upon there, unlike Death.
    ... Not this again.
    People literally used THIS EXACT ARGUMENT, to invalidate Shadowlands speculation.

Funnily enough, it's an argument FOR such an expansion.
    As the lack of material to go of off turns the whole concept into blank canvass for Blizzard to paint whatever they want on it.

Just. Like. Shadowlands.

Formerly known as Arafal

Nathria is already a bit of an outlier as raids go in general. Usually a raid is hte capstone of a storyline, not the middle part of the opening beats of a story. Later raids are more likely to follow basic game structure like that.
    Maybe. On the other hand we now have precedent for a raid not doing that.