Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fleshcraft will get nerfed

While I'm pumped for bigger changes to covenant abilities and legendaries, I think theres no way in hell they will allow Fleshcraft to go into live at its current PTR iteration.

Its just too strong now: 40% health pool shield guaranteed, CD reduction when cast near corpses, 3 sec cast instead of 4, and 30% DMG reduction while casting it!!? Just the 30% dmg reduction for 3 sec on a 2 min CD will make it mandatory for any progression team. This is far better than many personal CDs.

Add on top some of the soulbind traits that empower fleshcraft and it becomes way too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanches View Post
    While I'm pumped for bigger changes to covenant abilities and legendaries, I think theres no way in hell they will allow Fleshcraft to go into live at its current PTR iteration.

Its just too strong now: 40% health pool shield guaranteed, CD reduction when cast near corpses, 3 sec cast instead of 4, and 30% DMG reduction while casting it!!? Just the 30% dmg reduction for 3 sec on a 2 min CD will make it mandatory for any progression team. This is far better than many personal CDs.

Add on top some of the soulbind traits that empower fleshcraft and it becomes way too OP.
    The reduction while casting seems likely to go away

This is the first build they have put out, this doesn't go live in at least a month.

Don't kneejerk it like the door of shadows before release.

Why is it every time something gets buffed, people immediately want the shit to be nerfed. FYI Necrolord has already been nerfed to shit when the expansion first released. IT NEEDS BUFFS.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I bet you main Nightfae and had no problem with your busted covenant ruling the game these first few months. Let necrolords have their time in the sun thanks
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lo and behold, Necro has been nerfed into oblivion in the live game. Fleshcraft is pathetically weak, and the active abilities are BiS for, what, maybe one class?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

As a necro I often forget fleshcraft even exists, I only use it in plaguefall/torghast/arena openings

So cleancing necrotic with 20% heal is normal, blink and teleport too, but some decent save CD that have cast time (!) is trully OP, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Why is it every time something gets buffed, people immediately want the shit to be nerfed. FYI Necrolord has already been nerfed to shit when the expansion first released. IT NEEDS BUFFS.
    Because 30%DR is op asf for mythic raiding. That with the shield can half the people required to soak stuff. This is exactly what creates issues in mythic raiding.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    OP is upset at a proposed, as yet not implemented, possibly changed test case ability that could possibly not affect him?

The problem is that some of the other abilities are just too compelling and feel mandatory. What happens if you have two abilities that both feel mandatory? Now you actually have an interesting choice to make. I'd still rather the abilities have been a talent row separate from cosmetic and story covenants. But here we are...

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Because 30%DR is op asf for mythic raiding. That with the shield can half the people required to soak stuff. This is exactly what creates issues in mythic raiding.
    Which is why it's counterbalanced by having to stand still and channel it.

15+ Year Old Account

Fleshcraft can be interrupted when you take damage. Fleshcrash gets NOTHING if the full channel doesn't happen but will still start the 2 minute CD even if you get NOTHING from it. The "empowered" version requires you being next to certain types of mobs to give you a whole 2 minute buff (beasts give 2% primary stat, humanoids which is what players are is 2% mastery, aberration is 5% armor, undead gives a buff where you heal 2% of your max HP when you kill something, demons 5% stam, elemental 2% magic damage done, dragonkin 2% crit strike, mechanical reduce magic damage by 5%, giant incrase your size by 10% and increases physical damage done by 5%) AND you have to pick Plague Deviser Marileth as your soulbind which is utter garbage for nearly every spec that uses Necrolord as their covenant OR you be in 2 of the 8 dungeons (as in only works INSIDE the dungeon not out in the world or in a raid). Fleshcraft already had a 2 minute CD compared to the other covenant's abilities summon steward (5 minutes you get 3 free health potions that also remove all debuffs except magic ones), soulshape (increased movement by 50% and you can blink 4 dimes with only a 90 second CD), and door of shadows (1 minute CD where you can teleport anywhere and depending on the soulbind you pick it will either stun everyone in the area where you teleport to, increase your movement speed by 40%,, give you 2 charges that can be used back to back, remove roots and snares. or give you a shield for 15% of your HP). Hell just going off the door of shadows with draven means you get 30% worth of shield every 2 minutes which is MORE than the current version of Fleshcraft. I'm like @Drish and I'm assuming most Necrolords are too and don't even bother with Fleshcraft unless its for arena opening or in the 2 dungeons that allow empowerment of the Fleshcraft. But yes, OMFG Fleshcraft is so OP with the PTR version and now everyone will have to switch to Necrolord to be competitive. So sad that 95% of the druid players will have to not pick Night Fae and now everyone has to go with Necrolord just to fit in with the "right" covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why it's counterbalanced by having to stand still and channel it.
    I actually think it will be FAR stronger in its current iteration in lower difficulties, normal in particular. With fewer mechanics to deal with, the off tank can easily pop this before taunting a big hit, and the same can be said for dps being able to cast it due to relatively forgiving dps checks.

I can see some niche uses in mythic, but suspect "pure" defensives will still be the preferred method, as any knockback / interrupt will cancel the channel, right? i think? if that is the case, it would be quite risky to rely on that player timing it perfectly while avoiding damage and losing a few globals in the process.

Either way, i hate to sound like an "its just beta" guy, but......they can easily change this if it turns out its too powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Fleshcraft can be interrupted when you take damage. Fleshcrash gets NOTHING if the full channel doesn't happen but will still start the 2 minute CD even if you get NOTHING from it.

The "empowered" version requires you being next to certain types of mobs to give you a whole 2 minute buff:

- beasts give 2% primary stat
    - humanoids which is what players are is 2% mastery,
    - aberration is 5% armor,
    - undead gives a buff where you heal 2% of your max HP when you kill something,
    - demons 5% stam,
    - elemental 2% magic damage done,
    - dragonkin 2% crit strike,
    - mechanical reduce magic damage by 5%,
    - giant incrase your size by 10% and increases physical damage done by 5%

AND you have to pick Plague Deviser Marileth as your soulbind which is utter garbage for nearly every spec that uses Necrolord as their covenant OR you be in 2 of the 8 dungeons (as in only works INSIDE the dungeon not out in the world or in a raid). Fleshcraft already had a 2 minute CD compared to the other covenant's abilities:

- summon steward (5 minutes you get 3 free health potions that also remove all debuffs except magic ones),
    - soulshape (increased movement by 50% and you can blink 4 dimes with only a 90 second CD),
    - and door of shadows (1 minute CD where you can teleport anywhere and depending on the soulbind you pick it will either stun everyone in the area where you teleport to, increase your movement speed by 40%,, give you 2 charges that can be used back to back, remove roots and snares. or give you a shield for 15% of your HP).

Hell just going off the door of shadows with draven means you get 30% worth of shield every 2 minutes which is MORE than the current version of Fleshcraft. I'm like @Drish and I'm assuming most Necrolords are too and don't even bother with Fleshcraft unless its for arena opening or in the 2 dungeons that allow empowerment of the Fleshcraft. But yes, OMFG Fleshcraft is so OP with the PTR version and now everyone will have to switch to Necrolord to be competitive. So sad that 95% of the druid players will have to not pick Night Fae and now everyone has to go with Necrolord just to fit in with the "right" covenant.
    No offense, there is some interesting information in here for some, and i didnt want it going unread due to it being a wall of txt.

5+ Year Old Account
    So mythic raiders are the reason we can't have nice things. Talk about catering to a tiny minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You will forgive me. BUT EVERYTHING CAUSES ISSUES IN THIS GAME. According to players. No one can do anything without players terming shit as "Broken" or "OP". I am starting to think I should log into the game and just stand their for bitches to look at. Hard to have ANY fun in this game anymore.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So mythic raiders are the reason we can't have nice things. Talk about catering to a tiny minority.
    doubt it. nobody is going to use a 3second cast defensive. people will just stack raid CDs like they already do.

and more in general: nobody is going to opt out of a dps ability to opt into a defensive ability.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you'll all join the Skeleton Crew

Better buy a xylophone already

Get ready to pluck hair from the ground and skin Maldraxxi warts

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Welcome to the 20's mate

It will not get nerfed, at least not in PvE.

Blizzard's standard for covenant buff/nerf is population. Necrolord has by far the lowest population.

It has several reasons, and cosmetics is an important one. Many players just don't like the look of Necrolord/Maldraxxus and they will not change no matter how much the covenant ability is buffed.

As long as Nercolord is under represented, fleshcraft won't get nerfed, no matter how OP it is.