Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Nothing wrong with slowly working towards a reward instead of praying that it drops, in Wrath the most successful expansion of all time you could buy everything on vendors with badges of valor/justice by doing the content.
    By “everything” do you mean 10 man tier, and a few slots of 25man gear?

Because it sure as hell wasn’t everything.

Heroic 25man had 0 vendor available gear as well.

Going Wrath style would give you a few 200 and 213 items on a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    By “everything” do you mean 10 man tier, and a few slots of 25man gear?

Because it sure as hell wasn’t everything.

Heroic 25man had 0 vendor available gear as well.

Going Wrath style would give you a few 200 and 213 items on a vendor.
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...gister_Brasael

Think you forgot how much control you had over loot back then.

Regardless infinitely better system than the trash we call "great vault" these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Its fascinating looking back in time when MAU werent a thing how much better the game was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's also no point in blaming Ion. It'll always be whoever is in charge that it is there fault. It was Ghostcrawler at one point and Ion was going to save the day. Now Ion is the worst and the next person will save the day. Then that person will be the worst and then someone new will save it. It's a cycle that just repeats.
    Well, DOH.... they are/were lead devs. They are the ones who get all the blame or glory.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    Valor Vendors for raiding is not the solution, or is the lack of them the issue. The issue is the fact that there's not enough gear drops to make raiding really relevant anymore (Which is the total opposite of BFA, where raiding was TOO relevant, to the point where it was worthless in its own way VIA TF and WF). Ion is probably trying to find a fine line with the gearing here, as he should. So that, when Blizzconline happens, we knows wtf to say.

I'd say Ion's helped the game a lot. He experimented a ton in BFA, realized he fucked up, and is now going with the stuff that worked in the past for SL, all while providing enough new stuff to keep the game from feeling bland. Torghast is doing good (Tho, it's not without it's flaws), the Maw is fine atm (Could be expanded upon), and gearing is actually rewarding now. Not to mention a lot of shit is optional enough to make you feel like you're not so behind. Hell, even Renown is rather optional, since the catch up is quick asf.

The best thing PVE gearing needs rn is both Badges, as well as an increase in gear drops (Not too much, like in BFA, but not too little like currently). Make it the same as classic, or slightly higher than that. Then, we'll be good.

Valor isn't really needed for Raids. M+, sure. But not raids.

Regardless infinitely better system than the trash we call "great vault" these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Its fascinating looking back in time when MAU werent a thing how much better the game was.
    So you linking a vendor selling 213 gear when the raid is dropping 251, 264, and 277 gear is supposed to...mean something?

That is absolute trash. Like heroic dungeon blues right now.

We have a vendor giving a full armor set of 197 by the way, only 3 item levels short of normal raid. That would be 249 equivalent in wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

the vault is in no way trash,its a great feature,the problem is that its the only one...its like eating ketchup with no pizza,the ketchup is good...but it sucks witouth the pizza

https://twitter.com/Fleks27/status/1359345154277203968

This is also a good answer. And, good news, we're getting them later on in SL. Removing them in BFA was one of the many mistakes of that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So you linking a vendor selling 213 gear when the raid is dropping 251, 264, and 277 gear is supposed to...mean something?

That is absolute trash. Like heroic dungeon blues right now.

We have a vendor giving a full armor set of 197 by the way, only 3 item levels short of normal raid. That would be 249 equivalent in wrath.
    Naxx, Malygos dropped 251, 264 and 277?
    Last edited by james2400; 2021-02-11 at 04:41 AM.

https://twitter.com/deschmonzified/s...96008451600388

Then you have these replies. I'm sorry, but this is just lazy. Go raid and do M+ bro. Callings should NOT get you Valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    handling raid loot is too difficult mid-tier?! YOU LITERALLY NERFED LOOT DROPS IN THE 2ND WEEK! IT ISN'T HARD TO UNDO A STUPID CHANGE!
    It was a bug.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the vault is in no way trash,its a great feature,the problem is that its the only one...its like eating ketchup with no pizza,the ketchup is good...but it sucks witouth the pizza
    If it was intelligent it would be okay instead the raid boxes just give me dupes on stuff i already have equipped.

welp everyone you know what to do..send him deaththreats and body parts to get your point across we all know that always works.

/Sarcasm cause I'm sure half of ya'll will read this and think "Oh gee why haven't I thought of that" and do it.

https://twitter.com/FoxBlink4321/sta...36933806211075

This is good in theory, but Challenge Modes were horseshit in MoP and WoD.

https://twitter.com/FoxBlink4321/sta...30269003821057

There is no "viable" spec. Maybe in PVP, but every class has been pretty balanced so far, especially in PVP.

https://twitter.com/FoxBlink4321/sta...33436835774471

Don't see how actually playing the game and doing M+ is "ignoring the problem". Just means you yourself aren't seeing the shit you're supposedly having issues with. Mind you, I'm not the guy he's replying too, but I am willing to state when shit's wrong here.

- - - Updated - - -

"handling raid loot is too difficult mid-tier?! YOU LITERALLY NERFED LOOT DROPS IN THE 2ND WEEK! IT ISN'T HARD TO UNDO A STUPID CHANGE!"

Calm down? I get it's a problem (Even if an outright bug), but you're seriously taking this way too seriously. Yelling like this does not solve your problems. This is why BFA didn't change, cause you either had casual plays begging for shit to be spoon-fed to them, and then we have guys like you that straight up yell at the Devs, instead of being constructive when providing negative criticism, hence making them ignore you, rather than listen to you and fix the stuff you have problems with.

This is all stuff that was pointed out in beta/alpha feedback btw.

You know beta that sort of thing that is suppose to fix glaring issues before release 0_o

Why do you think FFXIV gets a lot of stuff done? Cause the players are mostly constructive with the devs and aren't toxic as hell MOST of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Why do you think FFXIV gets a lot of stuff done? Cause the players are mostly constructive with the devs and aren't toxic as hell MOST of the time.
    They are also better developers than the wow team could ever hope to be.

This is all stuff that was pointed out in beta/alpha feedback btw.

You know beta that sort of thing that is suppose to fix glaring issues before release 0_o
    I mean, yeah? But you also gotta realize that literally no one cared too much about PVE gearing on Beta. Everyone was focused on Torghast and Covenants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I would never become one of those guys that just says: people like to hate.

But guess what? People like to hate, if Jesus came down from the heavens and designed the next expansion to absolute perfection, there would be people hating. Ion gave us Legion, and legion is pretty damn great if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I thought I would never become one of those guys that just says: people like to hate.

But guess what? People like to hate, if Jesus came down from the heavens and designed the next expansion to absolute perfection, there would be people hating. Ion gave us Legion, and legion is pretty damn great if you ask me.
    Legion was great aside from one big flaw legendary acquistion was again based purely on RNG when the expansion was close to done they added a vendor (lol)

Seems to be a recurring theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are also better developers than the wow team could ever hope to be.
    While FFXIV can have better developers, FFXIV is a completely different beast. And if you ask me, it has way less polishing than WoW, its only defining feature is basically: Story good.

End game PvE is a joke and PvP is non existant.