Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    They are also better developers than the wow team could ever hope to be.
    In a way, sure? But a lot of what the Devs do is also the result of the playerbase, and when you have a nice playerbase such as FFXIV's, it's easier to listen to them and to chat with them like actual people, therefore having an easier time understanding their problems with the game and therefore fixing them.

Not trying to say WoW devs are good or anything, but I'd argue they're way more stressed and irritated than the FFXIV devs, and that's mostly due to WoW' overly annoying fanbase.

Mind you, Shadowlands is one of the biggest step ups with WoW I've ever seen. Gives me MoP vibes, which is great, as MoP is one of my favorite expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was great aside from one big flaw legendary acquistion was again based purely on RNG when the expansion was close to done they added a vendor (lol)

Seems to be a recurring theme.
    While I can see why it would be frustrating, I honestly did not mind it at all.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Legion was great aside from one big flaw legendary acquistion was again based purely on RNG when the expansion was close to done they added a vendor (lol)

Seems to be a recurring theme.
    RNG Legendaries don't exist in Shadowlands anymore. And them "adding a vendor" to it doesn't mean shit to what SL is doing. SL has PVP Vendors, and Valor upgraders for M+. That's it. How is it a "recurring theme"?

Also, no. Legion's problems stemmed WAY beyond the Legendary system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It just seems to be they follow a path of having frustrating RNG (they know its frustrating) then solve it many months later by adding a vendor which would of solved the problem at first go.

I dont get it.

While you didn't, many others did. My RNG luck was good, but that doesn't make the Legendary design fun at all. If anything, RNG Legendaries are some of the worst things you'd want in an MMORPG.

It was a bug.
    it doesn't matter if it was a bug or not! the very fact they were able to adjust loot drops MID-TIER is the point. they can undo that stupid change right now. instead we're stuck waiting because of incompetent management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    While you didn't, many others did. My RNG luck was good, but that doesn't make the Legendary design fun at all. If anything, RNG Legendaries are some of the worst things you'd want in an MMORPG.
    Yep, sure, other people cared. And while it was a problem, I feel like it was blown out of proportion, mainly because the hardcore players got them all in no time, and, unlees you were a fire mage or boomkin, it was not as huge deal as people made it out to be.

But even with this blemish, that I can see it as a problem, Legion was amazing. And if something is amazing with such a glaring issue, then give credit where credit is due.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it doesn't matter if it was a bug or not! the very fact they were able to adjust loot drops MID-TIER is the point. they can undo that stupid change right now. instead we're stuck waiting because of incompetent management.
    Of course it matters. It literally was not working as intended. You can argue it was better before, but from their PoV they fixed a bug, not reviewed the reward system of a raid.

Yep, sure, other people cared. And while it was a problem, I feel like it was blown out of proportion, mainly because the hardcore players got them all in no time, and, unlees you were a fire mage or boomkin, it was not as huge deal as people made it out to be.

But even with this blemish, that I can see it as a problem, Legion was amazing. And if something is amazing with such a glaring issue, then give credit where credit is due.
    Suramar Suramar we took it for granted back then we wont see a zone that good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar Suramar we took it for granted back then we wont see a zone that good again.
    Man, I loved suramar. I too fear it was the last of that kind of content that we will ever see. Such a shame.

I hated BfA with such a fervor that I barely played, Even though i love the lovecraftian theme.

It's pretty clear to me they don't care about raiding past the world first race stage. Better luck in 9.1, which might happen somewhere in May.

Meanwhile have fun with MDI and copypasta comps. At least you can "upgrade" m+ gear on alts because mains will be already 220+ by the time this change is implemented. Another "too little, too late" change like the corruption vendor in 8.3 which came after most people were long done with progression and only needed it for alts (where the same currency rivaled for corruptions and essences).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2021-02-11 at 05:04 AM.

If it was intelligent it would be okay instead the raid boxes just give me dupes on stuff i already have equipped.
    yeah that one is a real headscratchers...with titanforge it made sense,but now?///why...its like the legion bug of getting duplicate legenderies

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it matters. It literally was not working as intended. You can argue it was better before, but from their PoV they fixed a bug, not reviewed the reward system of a raid.
    I liked Legion a ton too, but I don't think it was "amazing". Patch 7.2 was boring as fuck, the Netherlight Crucible was kinda weird, Legiondaries were bad imo, AP Grinding is the worst thing to happen in anything Warcraft ever (Next to Patch 6.1 of WoD and Corruption Gear in BFA), and PVP was kinda weird.

Outside of that, I liked it. Much better than WoD and BFA, and I'd argue as good as Cata imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    https://twitter.com/Fleks27/status/1359345154277203968

This is also a good answer. And, good news, we're getting them later on in SL. Removing them in BFA was one of the many mistakes of that expansion.
    Yea, i absolutely want 4-6 item slots locked to tier sets. Devalues M+, Valor and Vault even more.
    Got these awesome shoulders and want to wear them ? NOPE! Tier set slot.
    "Tiersets is the key for both balance .... " If the key to balance is to add more stuff to balance ... then your solution is sh*t.
    Tier sets are such an outdated gearing concept.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'd just like to point out though that most of the stuff the older expansions allowed you work towards have sort of been covered by World Quests and Mythic+ having no lock outs. Valor wouldn't even have been needed if they structured the Mythic+ drops differently. 7 to 9, 10 to 11, and 12 to 14 all share the same item level for end of dungeon. World Quests can reward up to 194 which is Mythic 5 EoD level. This is assuming the wowhead table I'm looking at is correct.

The raid lock outs really don't have a place anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if raids turn into Mythic+ like experience but just with 10/25 people. LFR already does the wings and timed or objective runs could easily be created for the harder tuning.
    it seems you missed a point: i also like badges and valor in raids. because you solely talk about WQs and dungeons here. working towards a straight goal step by step has nothing to do with second gearing path in dungeons, beside raids.

in a raid it sucks too, when you finally getting your i.e. chest and legs 10 days before 9.1 goes live.

just a small bit of RNG and otherwise straight working towards specific pieces of gear, has nothing to do with dungeons vs raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ghostcrawler was just a class designer >.> He didn't have effect on the whole game and was the one who started the whole bring the player not the class homogenization nonsense.
    lol no he was the lead system designer. From his own mouth: "Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest, PvP or encounter design. My team handles everything from mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design." A lot more than "just a class designer".

no... it doesn't... they changed the loot back then. they can change it now. THAT'S THE POINT! whether or not it was a bug, whether or not we prefer it one or another is irrelevant. they already showed they are capable of adjusting the amount of loot that drops. even if it's a temporary fix, they can still fix it to a system the consumer base enjoys in the meanwhile.

just because they claim it was a bug doesn't stop them from changing it now.

People truly are sheepish. Same thing with GC, will be the same with whomever replace Ion. The pay must be real good to put up with the bs from perpetually outraged, entitled customers on such a scale.

Valor points being treated like some messiah-to-be is hilarious though.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I loved suramar. I too fear it was the last of that kind of content that we will ever see. Such a shame.

I hated BfA with such a fervor that I barely played, Even though i love the lovecraftian theme.
    To be honest, I don't think they realized N'zoth well enough to claim that anyone missed out. They need to stick with the mystery if they wanna go Lovecrafty imho...

I missed most of 8.3 cos of Covid, and I ain't even mad.

Suramar was some of their greatest work though, for sure. I never even missed flying during its first months.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...26860723638274

Continue to discuss the right approach for raiding and world bosses? We're 8 days from blizzcon, they've got nothing ready to show and this expansion's gearing has been a shitshow of RNG and timesinks with not much to show for it.

Just bring back valor vendors for raiders. It's not that hard. Ion always tries to safe face while not reverting completely. This guy has done SO MUCH DAMAGE to the game by taking things away just to massage his ego.
    Record expansion with record sub growth with best subs in last 10 years disagree with you. Ion is doing a superb job. This along with how responsive and flexible blizzard has been over the last couple of years (BfA included) and you see a company with a vision for their game with some flexibility to meet the player part way. So you don't like where the expansion is going. You could always quit. It's a lot better than heading to an unofficial forum looking for people to agree with you and then attacking anyone who doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

This is all stuff that was pointed out in beta/alpha feedback btw.

You know beta that sort of thing that is suppose to fix glaring issues before release 0_o
    The changes came very late in the beta and not many people tried to gear up. Also in beta it wasn't that big of a problem. M+ was easier in beta so it wasn't that bad that the end of dungeon box dropped only 2 items if timed. You could do a +15 with 184 ilvl in beta without much trouble.

Also there are different problems for different content. For M+ the amount of loot sucks and the ability to upgrade it doesn't change that. Even with the change it doesn't really fix the problem that M+ gear isn't rewarding unless it comes from the vault because 226 items are still comming from the vault and PVP is still more rewarding because you can buy the exact slot you need and upgrade it up to 226. You need to have finished all +15 in time to upgrade to 220 but you get 226 from the vault and with a fixed cost regardless of how high the item is upgraded and a fixed amount of valor you can earn per week you want to upgrade only the highest items that probably come from the vault. 220 is fine before you can reliably finish +15.