Thread: TBC Attunements

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

TBC Attunements

The possible return of TBC also means the return of attunements. How do you feel about this? I love the attunements and I personally believe Blizzard should never have taken this away. I can understand why some competitive guilds are more or less okay with this, due to the difficulty of recruiting players. Always have to redo the attunements. But that's part of the game and part of the challenge.

On the other hand, the last patches of TBC remove one by one the required attunements of each raid. Even the attunements for heroic dungeons...

Personally, being a fan of attunements, I would like them to stay in place throughout TBC. How do you feel about this?

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...rning_Crusade)
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    The possible return of TBC also means the return of attunements. How do you feel about this? I love the attunements and I personally believe Blizzard should never have taken this away. I can understand why some competitive guilds are more or less okay with this, due to the difficulty of recruiting players. Always have to redo the attunements. But that's part of the game and part of the challenge.

On the other hand, the last patches of TBC remove one by one the required attunements of each raid. Even the attunements for heroic dungeons...

Personally, being a fan of attunements, I would like them to stay in place throughout TBC. How do you feel about this?

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...rning_Crusade)
    I always liked the attunements also. I could see the attunements being account wide so you do not have to do them on your alts, but that is likely outside the scope of a BC classic from a systems perspective. I fondly remember doing the Karazhan and BT chains.

I think it adds a bit of longevity and it's an incentive to replay content.
    But watch rogues be high demand for heroic doors

Attunements should be how world of Warcraft is structured throughout the entire expansion, and should have never been removed.

Without them you get the meta of “X raid just came out so that means Y raid is now useless”. It provides another feeling of progression to your character as well to have the feeling of being able to access any content you like because of how far you have gotten.

I hardly see this as an issue for hardcore players either. It would literally take one night out of a week to get all the characters attuned who need to be attuned. Also, why would hardcore players be complaining about giving them MORE content? Lol. Normally they are the ones complaining about having everything cleared so they ‘run out of stuff to do’. Well there’s more stuff to do!

Being able to finally set foot in Hyjal and then the Black Temple was a fantastic feeling. Big fan of the attunements. The only thing I didn't like was that the people who were patiently benched for the boss kills that gave attunement didn't get to share in the accomplishment.

If I would play TBC again I wouldn't mind about attunements since they are so easy to get. Getting Kara attunement for instance is like what, 3 normal dungeons + some flying around the map? Takes 3-4 hours to blast them all.
    SSC and The Eye attunements can be done with puggable content so I don't think attunements will be problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I think it adds a bit of longevity and it's an incentive to replay content.
    But watch rogues be high demand for heroic doors
    What do rogues have anything to do with heroic doors? You need the key in your keyring to enter HC mode.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I would have been okay with them if they were accountwide. As it was, I am glad they are gone.

No matter how YOU feel about them. But do you see the QQ how alts can't catch up and all the other things? Imagine we still had attunements for every character on the scale of TBC
    I’m imagining it, and it seems like it would just add more content for players to go and redo a raid literally once instead of jumping straight into something they will have on farm in a week.

Oh no. The horror. How will I cope.

Well when you look at the amount of shit grind players at max level had to do the last couple of xpacs, attunments aint that bad of a thing.

You don't just skip 15 stages of gameplay in an FPS shooter only to get to the final boss fight immediately, right? But for some reason in MMORPG you call these "stages" attunements and insist you need to get there asap?

Let them have it and make them pay like 500€. Meanwhile, let the rest of us enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    The possible return of TBC also means the return of attunements.
    There are attunements in Vanilla/Classic, what "return" are you talknig about?

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    There are attunements in Vanilla/Classic, what "return" are you talknig about?
    The attunements in classic are vastly different than in tbc tbh. You don’t need to do almost every single previous raid in order to go to the next. In classic you can jump right into ZG/aq once you hit 60, get gear, and then turn in your couple hundred gold attunement to jump into nax. Tbc is way different

I imagine you being sarcastic - I also imagine (and know from this forum) that there are pretty vocal people who are serious

-the horror of levelling "How will I cope"
    -the horror of regaining reputations (very real in TBC attunements..you need to run normal 5 mans for at least 4 factions to revered to unlock the heroic versions for the attunement quest chains) - and this is where I can already quit my argument and my examples. Because if in today's mentality levelling is "a chore", THAT is a deal breaker.

"How will I cope". People just won't. Not in retail of 2021
    Retail of 2021 and recent expansions literally gave you endless grinds for things like anima, artifact power, other borrowed power systems... and these grinds were doing things EXTREMELY mundane for hours and hours on end. And yet you believe running a raid literally one time on an alt will be a deal breaker for these types of people. The same people who are complaining as we speak, that there is nothing to do in the game.

Don't care too much about them either way. Any time they have tried to bring them back in Retail there's usually been a negative response.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    If I would play TBC again I wouldn't mind about attunements since they are so easy to get. Getting Kara attunement for instance is like what, 3 normal dungeons + some flying around the map? Takes 3-4 hours to blast them all.
    SSC and The Eye attunements can be done with puggable content so I don't think attunements will be problem at all.

What do rogues have anything to do with heroic doors? You need the key in your keyring to enter HC mode.
    You are aware that to get into Shattered Halls you will require a key which is only available if you are revered with Honor Hold/Horde Fort Place right?

The rep gains for HH stop at honored from just grinding mobs and depending on the patch that they use it might even require exalted to get in.

That is not 3 to 4 hours to blast through, that's having to rely on at least one dude to grind ramparts and blood furnace for possibly days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You are aware that to get into Shattered Halls you will require a key which is only available if you are revered with Honor Hold/Horde Fort Place right?

The rep gains for HH stop at honored from just grinding mobs and depending on the patch that they use it might even require exalted to get in.

That is not 3 to 4 hours to blast through, that's having to rely on at least one dude to grind ramparts and blood furnace for possibly days.
    And how often do you think you’ll be running into a group where literally nobody has the key? I’m guessing not very often, and even if that’s the case you can literally just wait until someone open the door for you. You don’t need a rogue for anything lol.

Not sure where the " running a raid literally one time on an alt will be a deal breaker" comes in. But maybe we are talking about different things.

What will be a deal breaker, as I mentioned before was the part where you needed to get your rep to revered with several factions by nothing else than running normal 5 mans until you could get a key to run heroics.

Then again...maybe just having a rogue to lockpick it will save ppl a hassle and why rogues will be in high demand. Either in guilds or getting paid for it. That part I have actually forgotten if you could run heroics by just being in a group that had somebody open the heroic lock.

Grinds for Anima powers etc is stuff you can do solo....for the TBC stuff (at least in my time, my server) you needed a guild. As usually...your experiences might vary...I bet people will tell me how their servers had flourishing PuGs that facerolled SSC and TK etc.

Guess they definitely will have an easier time in Classic TBC.

Imagine entering a raid in TBC needed something like "complete all mythic +5 in time" or such as an attunement these days. Imagine the outrage how it is a shit move by Blizzard to sell tokens so ppl can buy boosts.

Anyhow..as usual I would have like a quick poll on how ppl feel about attunements. Get a reference point how many ppl actually care and vote. At this point we have 18 replies, several are just by the same us going back and forth. Seems very few ppl care at all.
    Maybe you’re a little lost on how most people treat alts. 9 times out of 10 when you get your alt to the point where you’re ready to start pushing their gear, heroic grinding will generally be a thing of the past. If you are in a guild you can jsut get attuned to that raid and then go from there.

And even still if you want to do those heroics you do not need the key for your alt, you don’t even need a rogue or someone in your group to open the door. People will be going in and out of these instances left and right, just wait for someone to open the gate and walk in, wait for your group to be near the gate and you can open the lever from the inside to let them in dude lol.

Also, this topic is about attinements, not keys. Not that it matters even if we were given the answer I just gave you above, I guess I’m just pointing this out so maybe you stay on topic?

Imagine entering a raid in TBC needed something like "complete all mythic +5 in time" or such as an attunement these days. Imagine the outrage how it is a shit move by Blizzard to sell tokens so ppl can buy boosts.
    I honest to god don’t think you have any idea how attunements work if this is the analogy you are using lol. I don’t even know how to respond to this besides, you seem lost.

Anyhow..as usual I would have like a quick poll on how ppl feel about attunements. Get a reference point how many ppl actually care and vote. At this point we have 18 replies, several are just by the same us going back and forth. Seems very few ppl care at all.
    I would for sure love to see this also, but then again it seems you are against them but it seems like you aren’t even sure how they work so I don’t know how accurate it would really be in the end anyway.

Just to give you a basic run down on how attunements work, the gist of it is “in order to go to X raid, you need to finish Y prior raid first”. Obviously there are some thats a little different like kara where you need to do 4 dungeons and a couple quests. You do not NEED to get all your reps up to max to do any of this. And after this most of the attunements are just “get the head off of this boss from the last raid”.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're going for the authentic TBC experience you have to keep then. Hand of A'dal was a big part of TBC's history. If you wanna remove the attunements in the final phase like originally, that's fine. But don't use 2.4 as an excuse to never have them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The heroic dungeons started out requiring revered to get the key, then it dropped to honored. I think they should start it at honored from the get go. Revered was a bit of a pain.

The Kara and early attunements were fine. The problem came when you wanted to get to T6 but needed items from Kael and Vashj. Bringing a new person into a T6 raid meant 24 other people needed to go back and clear the T5 raids. Again. I'd also alter this so that one person needs the items in the raid.

Yes yes, I know, NoChanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

?? you dont need any HC dungeons for Kara attunement. And also you only need revered for HC Shattered Halls. For normal Shattered Halls you need to open the door withkey you get in Hellfire Peninsula, rogue opens it or I what did on my alts that didnt have the key just die in front of door and run through as ghost.

You clearly did never played TBC. You never required exalted for any dungeon, revered for HC until 2.3.0 lowered to honored.

You need Steamvaults, Arcatraz, Shadow Lab and Black Morass for kara attinement in normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    ?? you dont need any HC dungeons for Kara attunement. And also you only need revered for HC Shattered Halls. For normal Shattered Halls you need to open the door withkey you get in Hellfire Peninsula, rogue opens it or I what did on my alts that didnt have the key just die in front of door and run through as ghost.

You clearly did never played TBC. You never required exalted for any dungeon, revered for HC until 2.3.0 lowered to honored.

You need Steamvaults, Arcatraz, Shadow Lab and Black Morass for kara attinement in normal mode.
    Oh fun, another "no true Scottsman" argument.

The reason I said heroic is because BF and Ramps both stop giving rep on normal after you hit honored.

So since there weren't really any daily quests for that zone unless you were doing the PvP one you would need to grind those two dungeons to access Shattered Halls, or at least to access it the proper way.

Although from what I recall the ghost in thing only worked in later patches, but I could be thinking of Kara where you would ghost past the gate to get inside, which was patch 2.2 or something like that.

It's been over 10 years so there ya go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    And how often do you think you’ll be running into a group where literally nobody has the key? I’m guessing not very often, and even if that’s the case you can literally just wait until someone open the door for you. You don’t need a rogue for anything lol.
    My point is that the attunements for at least a few of the dungeons are not as easy to get as was stated.

I absolutely feel like attunements should be part of the game whichever patch cycle they choose to go live with, but to say that it was simple or just 3 to 4 hours is a pretty massive overstatement.

Then again, maybe it'll be a lot easier this time around. Classic already shows that you're just an addon away from things getting uncomplicated real fast.