10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He donated the land when he failed to use it to build a golf course and one condition was it be named after him basically. If they rename it they may still have to show his name on the entrance signs in some way.
    "After his dismal presidency, we've renamed Donald Trump Park to Parky McParkerface"

I can see that on sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Ok I watched Trump's defense for about two minutes and it was all I could handle. I'm almost impressed at how many bad arguments and strawmen were stuffed into that short amount of time. It's stunning and sad.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    “It’s unconstitutional for Congress to decide that a former official can’t run for office!” -Michae Van Der Veen
    That's already been voted on. Stupid to waste time bringing it up again. How much is Trump promising to pay them but not really?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems Nikki Haley can't quite decide who she wants to be after Trump.
    Mix of "celebrate the achievements" and "we shouldn't have followed him down his path."

Is she really a 2024 possibility?
    She is absolutely a possibility for 2024 - especially since she's drawn such a fine line of supporting and criticizing Trump - downright brilliant, objectively. A bright woman with Executive leadership and international relations experience - ideal candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    She is absolutely a possibility for 2024
    I wonder if that happens, if she'll be retconned by Q into having been working in the background against those evil dem child molesters this whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is absolutely a possibility for 2024 - especially since she's drawn such a fine line of supporting and criticizing Trump - downright brilliant, objectively. A bright woman with Executive leadership and international relations experience - ideal candidate.
    For some other party sure. She's Condoleezza Rice 2.0 in many ways. And that's exactly why the Republican party will never run her. A "minority"(I use quotes here because racially, she is, but she's put a rather significant mount of effort into it not being well known among the plebs) woman who is smart and skilled? It's like the definition of everything the Republicans are afraid of.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My jaw has dropped about 5-6 meters listening to Trump's lawyer's argument.

Trump didn't say we should call the cavalry. We should call the Calvary! Peace, love and Jesus!

What. The. Actual. Fucking. Fuck.

I really love Trumps defense. They are shooting themselves in the foot right now. If only republicans had backbones and this might actually be meaningful...
    Also, the current guy argues fucking semantics and is also defending the Don (mafia, not Trump) when he says that his goonies need to "take care of a problem."

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    My jaw has dropped about 5-6 meters listening to Trump's lawyer's argument.

Trump didn't say we should call the cavalry. We should call the Calvary! Peace, love and Jesus!

What. The. Actual. Fucking. Fuck.
    They could both speak from their asses, Ace Ventura style (or Assy McGee style, take your pick) and it wouldn't matter. Don't give yourself a headache watching, just catch the highlight reels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    They are shooting themselves in the foot right now.
    I wish that mattered. The Republican Senators that were in the building are still going to acquit. At least these lawyers will be named and shamed forever, and hopefully, those "not guilty" votes will be thrown back in the Senators' faces in 2022 in a useful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    "It just makes you realize what an asshole Donald Trump is," said one GOP senator after watching day two of the House managers' presentation.
    They realized what an asshole he was in 2015, too. Many of them were quite vocal about it, and in no uncertain terms. They still all lined up to kiss his ass as soon as he clinched the nomination. Why would it be any different in 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I wish that mattered. The Republican Senators that were in the building are still going to acquit. At least these lawyers will be named and shamed forever, and hopefully, those "not guilty" votes will be thrown back in the Senators' faces in 2022 in a useful way.
    Hence why I mention the lack of backbone on republicans is why it wasn't meaningful

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    They realized what an asshole he was in 2015, too. Many of them were quite vocal about it, and in no uncertain terms. They still all lined up to kiss his ass as soon as he clinched the nomination. Why would it be any different in 2024?
    Trump has too much baggage. There are younger versions of Trump, like Hawley but there are others, that would be a much better and younger candidate for the people pushing us towards fascism and dictatorship. Hawley as President would be a LOT more dangerous than Trump could ever be, and he most certainly would do a lot more damage to the US than Trump did.

The good news is: not Trump related. The very very bad news is: this person would not carry Trump's baggage and would be younger and more electable.

Another way to look at it is: if it comes down to Haley vs many other republican candidates, it might be wise to register as a republican to get Haley to win. Even if it backfired by her becoming President, it would be better than risking Hawley, for example, as President.

"Hatred is a dangerous thing" coming from a defense lawyer defending someone who literally had policy planned by white supremacists like Stephen Miller.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wonder if that happens, if she'll be retconned by Q into having been working in the background against those evil dem child molesters this whole time.
    Lol, it's hard to predict crazy - who knows where those fringe groups will be by then.

Nikki is terrifying because she has remained relatively balanced, while also backing and being supported by Trump. I'm not defending here, whatsoever, just pointing out the trail she's climbed over the past 4-6 years. "Young", experienced, GOP, woman - she is the full package to take on Harris/Biden in 2024. If the GOP can keep the crazies like Hawley from running too soon, well, they sure have a shot, at least imo.

Lol, it's hard to predict crazy - who knows where those fringe groups will be by then.

Nikki is terrifying because she has remained relatively balanced, while also backing and being supported by Trump. I'm not defending here, whatsoever, just pointing out the trail she's climbed over the past 4-6 years. "Young", experienced, GOP, woman - she is the full package to take on Harris/Biden in 2024. If the GOP can keep the crazies like Hawley from running too soon, well, they sure have a shot, at least imo.
    Well there is a good chance that someone like Hawley would be her Vice Presidential candidate if she were Presidential candidate. This would unite both factions of the republican party. If Hawley is too toxic at that time, then it would be a toned version of him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They could both speak from their asses, Ace Ventura style (or Assy McGee style, take your pick) and it wouldn't matter. Don't give yourself a headache watching, just catch the highlight reels.
    Agreed. The GOP are morally bankrupt, and will let Trump slide (again) on crimes against the state and subverting democracy. It's utterly depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there is a good chance that someone like Hawley would be her Vice Presidential candidate if she were Presidential candidate. This would unite both factions of the republican party. If Hawley is too toxic at that time, then it would be a toned version of him.
    I could see Hawley IF he's able to tone done his insanity. Sen Cotton is another likely candidate as well.

And the Trump defense are still on the same freaking point. I had dinner 40 minutes, and they were making the same point back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Hence why I mention the lack of backbone on republicans is why it wasn't meaningful
    And on that, we are agreed.

Trump has too much baggage.
    Yeah, he's easily 300 pounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    "Hatred is a dangerous thing"
    That's the same persecution complex/revisionist history they're trying to weave.

"Don't hate my client/my party for intentionally supporting violence, because hate is wrong ugaiz!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    For some other party sure. She's Condoleezza Rice 2.0 in many ways. And that's exactly why the Republican party will never run her. A "minority"(I use quotes here because racially, she is, but she's put a rather significant mount of effort into it not being well known among the plebs) woman who is smart and skilled? It's like the definition of everything the Republicans are afraid of.
    Good point. I have to say I had no idea she was 100% India heritage. Wow.