Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    They designed a game that's literally unplayable even after a myriad patches? I don't mind bugs, but this shit is downright unplayable.
    Not everyone has the same experience as you so its not like yours is universal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not everyone has the same experience as you so its not like yours is universal.
    Actually everyone who left that one mission open for a couple patches and did something else has the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    While it is full of bugs, there is still a lot of work that can be used to make/shorten development time on other games.
    I know from previous posts you pretty much do nothing but hate on things blindly but keep in mind that this studio still made a lot of money on this bug ridden game. That alone will get the attention of people who buy code.
    Their January sales drop in the NPD doesn't bode well for their future. They made a lot of money off initial hype, good luck to them on their next release now that their sales have not only stagnated, they fell through the floor. They aren't appealing to the CoD/Madden crowd who buy shitty games yearly because that's all they care about they screwed over their core sales base which is core gamers that buy single player rpgs...

Nobody is going to make money off a chinese knock off cyberpunk, like they can chinese knock off pokemon and mario. The game is the laughing stock of the world.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-12 at 08:09 PM.

It was actually the first game I pushed to get a refund for.

Actually everyone who left that one mission open for a couple patches and did something else has the same problem.
    I saved most of the main story stuff till after I completed every single sub-quest/job on the map. Did not run into the issue.

It was a bug introduced by a specific patch and fixed later, was not there originally (others were though).
    Gotta say, props to CDPR for not giving in to the demands. No matter what we now think about the company that was the right way. But yes, the code can be useful, just of course not to the average person.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is playable. I get it, you're significant - your opinion is important. You find the game unplayable - that's perfectly ok. No problem. You don't have to play it, it's easy to get a refund - I got one after finishing the game on the series X. But just because you find it unplayable doesn't mean everyone else also does.

Be careful with saying "everyone", I'm not sure you grasp the significance of such a statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saved most of the main story stuff till after I completed every single sub-quest/job on the map. Did not run into the issue.
    I usually do it the other way around in RPGs - I do the main story first, then the next playthrough I do everything (specially if the game has new game+). Though I am gonna wait for the next-gen patch before I re-buy the game and play it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I usually do it the other way around in RPGs - I do the main story first, then the next playthrough I do everything (specially if the game has new game+). Though I am gonna wait for the next-gen patch before I re-buy the game and play it.
    I don't like to take the risk that the main story closes side quests or that the game ends and I have stuff I did not do.

They designed a game that's literally unplayable even after a myriad patches? I don't mind bugs, but this shit is downright unplayable.
    well they did not have the time to make the game like it should be, its their boss who decided to release the game like it was, even the devs told them that the game was far from over, somehting like at least 1-2 years to work on it, any game with 1-2 years of making would be shit, cyberpunk was not an exception, the hate on the devs should not be on them

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is playable. I get it, you're significant - your opinion is important. You find the game unplayable - that's perfectly ok. No problem. You don't have to play it, it's easy to get a refund - I got one after finishing the game on the series X. But just because you find it unplayable doesn't mean everyone else also does.

Be careful with saying "everyone", I'm not sure you grasp the significance of such a statement.
    I'm not here to argue with you, but I'll reiterate.

Everyone who was on the "Down on the Street" quest and left it open while doing different things as the 1.10+ patches rolled out can't complete the quest anymore and can't progress the story.

Everyone who spent more than 4 hours on Steam (or is it 2?) can't get a refund anymore. Trust me, I tried.

Stop trying to defend this, capiche?

It's weird that people keep popping up to defend this game under the pretense that nothing is wrong. Like, I get it - if you managed to enjoy it and happened to be one of the few to experience no problems whatsoever then good for you! Though this isn't a case of people getting frustrated over running into one or two bugs. It's a case of a once trusted company falling from grace, being caught out in numerous scandals, lying to their consumers and investors...rebuilding the game partway through development and then pushing for it to be released before it was finished...among other frustrations, such as the company recently getting hacked.

Personally I'm hoping for some sort of FFXIV style comeback. FFXIV 1.0 had a lot of issues, though 2.0 saw a new and very successful era to the game that continues to this very day. Granted, it's an MMO and tied to a very successful and recognisable brand but I don't think it's impossible for a similar miracle to occur with Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's weird that people keep popping up to defend this game under the pretense that nothing is wrong. Like, I get it - if you managed to enjoy it and happened to be one of the few to experience no problems whatsoever then good for you! Though this isn't a case of people getting frustrated over running into one or two bugs. It's a case of a once trusted company falling from grace, being caught out in numerous scandals, lying to their consumers and investors...rebuilding the game partway through development and then pushing for it to be released before it was finished...among other frustrations, such as the company recently getting hacked.

Personally I'm hoping for some sort of FFXIV style comeback. FFXIV 1.0 had a lot of issues, though 2.0 saw a new and very successful era to the game that continues to this very day. Granted, it's an MMO and tied to a very successful and recognisable brand but I don't think it's impossible for a similar miracle to occur with Cyberpunk 2077.
    I don't even play Cyberpunk and I would defend it. Because I'm not a person who buys a game before making sure that it's good and playable. Honestly I have no compassion for someone who pre-ordered or bought on day one without looking for reviews but now is unable to play. Every game has bugs, big games more than small ones. And as far as I can see it is now possible to play the game with little to no problems, even if that means creating a new save after a patch.

Also CDPR isn't "falling from grace", because the grace of the average complainer is worth shit. Being hacked isn't their fault. Making dubious marketing statements is common practice for every company. Even Blizzard in its prime, remember aerial combat promised in wotlk? Yeah, you could call that a lie. Don't believe what a company tells you before you can see it for yourself. And don't create hate trains because you overhyped a game.

Bottom line is: Be an informed buyer and don't give others fault because you bought an overhyped game. That advice goes for every game: Don't buy a pig in a poke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not here to argue with you, but I'll reiterate.

Everyone who was on the "Down on the Street" quest and left it open while doing different things as the 1.10+ patches rolled out can't complete the quest anymore and can't progress the story.

Everyone who spent more than 4 hours on Steam (or is it 2?) can't get a refund anymore. Trust me, I tried.

Stop trying to defend this, capiche?
    Sources that everyone was stuck? And yeah, I've seen the hotfixes. Not seen sources that everyone was stuck like that, but I did see people who found workarounds before the hotfix.

Well, Steam doesn't have a good rep with refunds and customer service in general. Bought it on the Xbox series X and finished it after 30-40 hours of playtime then refunded, after I filed for refund it legit took 15 min until it was processed.. Pretty darn good.

First time I've refunded a game. Even though I enjoyed it. I feel like buying it and refunding it might be more of a message than not buying it. Maybe.
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sources that everyone was stuck? And yeah, I've seen the hotfixes. Not seen sources that everyone was stuck like that, but I did see people who found workarounds before the hotfix.

Well, Steam doesn't have a good rep with refunds and customer service in general. Bought it on the Xbox series X and finished it after 30-40 hours of playtime then refunded, after I filed for refund it legit took 15 min until it was processed.. Pretty darn good.

First time I've refunded a game. Even though I enjoyed it. I feel like buying it and refunding it might be more of a message than not buying it. Maybe.
    The only person you actually hurt was the retailer you bought it from.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's weird that people keep popping up to attack this game under the pretense that everything is wrong.
    There, I fixed it for you.

There are literally accounts created on this side where they only post on the threads to shit on this game. So people that haven't experienced every single bug that apparently is there and are actually enjoying the game for what it is, even with limitations, are not allowed to say so, but if you want to shit on the game? Sure thing, feel free to do so!

10+ Year Old Account

The only workfix was loading a save prior to starting the mission.

For me that's about 30 hours of playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I don't even play Cyberpunk and I would defend it. Because I'm not a person who buys a game before making sure that it's good and playable. Honestly I have no compassion for someone who pre-ordered or bought on day one without looking for reviews but now is unable to play. Every game has bugs, big games more than small ones. And as far as I can see it is now possible to play the game with little to no problems, even if that means creating a new save after a patch.

Also CDPR isn't "falling from grace", because the grace of the average complainer is worth shit. Being hacked isn't their fault. Making dubious marketing statements is common practice for every company. Even Blizzard in its prime, remember aerial combat promised in wotlk? Yeah, you could call that a lie. Don't believe what a company tells you before you can see it for yourself. And don't create hate trains because you overhyped a game.

Bottom line is: Be an informed buyer and don't give others fault because you bought an overhyped game. That advice goes for every game: Don't buy a pig in a poke.
    Releasing this game in this state was an insult to gamers and overall decency. In a world where a game like RDR2 exists, the fact that CDPR was even allowed to release CP2077 like that should not be defended by anyone.
    People that do defend this most likely have some sort of emotional attachment to the game or the company and as such, their opinions should probably be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Releasing this game in this state was an insult to gamers and overall decency. In a world where a game like RDR2 exists, the fact that CDPR was even allowed to release CP2077 like that should not be defended by anyone.
    People that do defend this most likely have some sort of emotional attachment to the game or the company and as such, their opinions should probably be dismissed.
    The game was playable on PC, consoles had more problems. And to call it an insult is laughable. Smaller, less ambitious games were released in much, much worse states by much larger companies. They had no other choice than to release after they already delayed the game. Games are business, treat them as such. CDPR had no winning move here: Delay the game once again and the whiners would whine, release and the whiners still whine and you lose Christmas business.

Releasing it early was probably also because of cramping: another release and the devs would probably burn out before finishing the game. Now the stress is lessened, many players are happy and in half a year the initial bugs are forgotten and only the quality of the game (or maybe lack thereof) will be remembered. Making a scene out of this is childish, especially if buyers don't learn the most important lesson: don't preorder, don't uy early.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-02-13 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    They had no other choice than to release after they already delayed the game.
    Laughable argument. They had choices. Piss everyone off with more delays and finish the game properly, or release it unfinished, piss everyone off and ruin their rep.

i don't like this game at all.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”