Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intro and theme, and kids breaking the 4th wall to narrate, gave me strong Malcolm in the Middle vibes. Was hoping the brief zomPietro glimpse would be a Johnson, but ah well. Did they reference Kick-Ass instead? Anywho... no clue what's going on, and I dig it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know about that. But the decay of isotopes is how radiometric dating (like carbon-14) was invented. So radioactivity doesn't automatically have Incredible Hulk-level implications.
    I treated this as technobabble to point them towards the visions location and just a convenient way to find him. He’s obviously an important asset to sword and they know a lot about him.

I view the commercial as relating magic, or rather what is going on, to death. What if those people on the edge don’t eat? Perhaps it was just Wanda putting so much focus on having kids appear and making the Halloween work that she can’t run the whole situation fully. Kinda like an old NES side scroller bogging down when there’s too much to keep up with: the hex is already taxing her, expanding it likely is pushing it to where it will be easier to collapse.

I’m still banking on this being about the stones. The mindstone empowered her, vision wore the damn thing, and it was hinted that the stone itself was self aware to an extent as I recall. Perhaps whatever is left of it is what is pushing things for Wanda.

Monica is calling in a friend. It’s only 3 weeks after the blip, and Danvers has been named dropped twice and also has a connection to the stones. Who else would she still connect to after being gone 5 years?

I still don’t know what the TV show has anything to do with all of this. It’s fine as a narrative device but I just don’t get where it fits or makes sense in any scenario but Mojo, and as much as I’d love that, I think Mojo is too much a stretch.

I do think the hex event will be referenced as turning ppl against super powered individuals and giving us a basis for anti-mutant hysteria. Something that wouldn’t fit in the current MCU well out of the blue if we assume that people knew thanos was an alien.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Perhaps it was just Wanda putting so much focus on having kids appear and making the Halloween work that she can’t run the whole situation fully. Kinda like an old NES side scroller bogging down when there’s too much to keep up with: the hex is already taxing her, expanding it likely is pushing it to where it will be easier to collapse.
    Seems about right to me. Anything outside of the current area of who she needs to keep the illusion going aren't needed, so they are just paused. This would allow her to use the majority of her strength on what is needed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gonna have to be a Fox or ABC property from what I can tell.
    Oh!!! I didn't even consider the legalities.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don’t think they’re trolling but yeah, how people feel about carol is irrelevant and detracting from the thread.
    Provided that discussions involving Carol are made in the context of Monica and their relationship it is not detracting from the thread. Carol got another mention in episode 6, so clearly Marvel is setting some tension between her and Monica over Maria's death. Just from the reactions Monica has given so far. Not everything in this thread has to be solely around Wanda and Vision. Other characters do exist in the show :P

But trying to twist that into uncalled for bashing of Carol is indeed irrelevant to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Provided that discussions involving Carol are made in the context of Monica and their relationship it is not detracting from the thread. Carol got another mention in episode 6, so clearly Marvel is setting some tension between her and Monica over Maria's death. Just from the reactions Monica has given so far. Not everything in this thread has to be solely around Wanda and Vision. Other characters do exist in the show :P

But trying to twist that into uncalled for bashing of Carol is indeed irrelevant to the thread.
    When it comes to Captain Marvel people are really salty about her film. A side note though, this could be another way for Carol to again feel those "Everyone dislikes me" feel the original film did. Which is not a bad thing, its a very human emotion. I do think its cool they are using Monica in a way to connect to captain marvel. On topic though, what else can go wrong after today.

.....Oh no
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

It's also sorta Marvel's thing. They make sure to name drop to help keep the MCU integrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the introduction of Speed and Wiccans powers, even though it seemed weird that she brushed it off so quickly. Like... your kids have powers now. That deserves more of a look
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    What else do we use it for? The only usage I’m familiar with is in relation to the half life of radioactive isotopes.
    Beer froth for a humorous example. But, decay rates exist for anything that has an exponential decay.

Source: https://www.slps.org/cms/lib03/MO010...r_Foam_lab.pdf
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi-random thought, are gonna have to start calling it the MCM?
    If so, I give you credit for saying it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't rewatch the show atm, but Didn't Herb say "Is there anything I can change for you, Wanda?" before he departed, because Wanda was worried about Vision's deception and he wasn't walking with the town watch?

I think Herb is more than he appears to be. And the red Herring being Agnes has already been thrown out since shes partially aware but not in control of the situation.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I can't rewatch the show atm, but Didn't Herb say "Is there anything I can change for you, Wanda?" before he departed, because Wanda was worried about Vision's deception and he wasn't walking with the town watch?
    It could be related to whatever is the bad guy if it is not Wanda. Didn't Agnes ask the same thing which tipped Vision off? Something about resetting and taking it from the top. It makes me wonder if Wanda is only partially in control. And the "bad guy" can manipulate things as long as it happens like a TV show.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It could be related to whatever is the bad guy if it is not Wanda. Didn't Agnes ask the same thing which tipped Vision off? Something about resetting and taking it from the top. It makes me wonder if Wanda is only partially in control. And the "bad guy" can manipulate things as long as it happens like a TV show.
    likely, if its not the 'actor' themselves in control, whoever is, is speaking through them, like an avatar or proxy.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2021-02-13 at 02:42 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting bit about Monica's dna or molecules being rewritten due to the Hex. Seems like a way to cause mutations...

I will say seeing this new side to Wanda's powers, jumping from basic brute force, move objects TK to full on reality warping is a bit jarring. Hoping all the buzz about a big bad manipulator reveal happens to kind of explain it (showing her what she's really capable of). When Pietro asked her how or why she did all of it and she couldn't remember, just that she was lonely and in a dark place seems like she may have unwittingly invited something sinister in.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2021-02-13 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Interesting bit about Monica's dna or molecules being rewritten due to the Hex. Seems like a way to cause mutations...

I will say seeing this new side to Wanda's powers, jumping from basic brute force, move objects TK to full on reality warping is a bit jarring. Hoping all the buzz about a big bad manipulator reveal happens to kind of explain it. When Pietro asked her how or why she did all of it and she couldn't remember, just that she was lonely and in a dark place seems like she may have unwittingly invited someone/thing dark in.
    What if Disney says screw and just makes all the mutants inhumans (thats not a serious take).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

I will say seeing this new side to Wanda's powers, jumping from basic brute force, move objects TK to full on reality warping is a bit jarring. Hoping all the buzz about a big bad manipulator reveal happens to kind of explain it (showing her what she's really capable of). When Pietro asked her how or why she did all of it and she couldn't remember, just that she was lonely and in a dark place seems like she may have unwittingly invited someone/thing dark in.
    Doesn't the Shadow King have powers like that? And absorbs people's consciousnesses into his own over time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know who is behind all of this. Its Mickey Mouse using Wanda's reality-warping powers to consolidate all of his superhero properties to become the most powerful media kingpin of all time.

I will say seeing this new side to Wanda's powers, jumping from basic brute force, move objects TK to full on reality warping is a bit jarring. Hoping all the buzz about a big bad manipulator reveal happens to kind of explain it (showing her what she's really capable of). When Pietro asked her how or why she did all of it and she couldn't remember, just that she was lonely and in a dark place seems like she may have unwittingly invited something sinister in.
    And based on the ending...

Just you wait until that thing engulfs the planet or explodes, dispersing it's energy among those around the planet.

Monica even makes a comment about it possibly having unintended consequences if they'd succeeded in killing Wanda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Doesn't the Shadow King have powers like that? And absorbs people's consciousnesses into his own over time?
    Don't tease me with a Legion cameo.

10+ Year Old Account

Its like learning about a new power you didn't know you had or a new skill you didn't know you were good at.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi