Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raid loot increase

Is a 33% increase enough for everyone? Is everyone happy now?

No mention of what degree the weapon drops have increased.

Is this enough to stop people feeling forced to do pvp?

As long as there is a tiny bit of an advantage by doing x activity, people will feel forced to do that instead of whatever other activity they want to do. So no.

But it's a step in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    As long as there is a tiny bit of an advantage by doing x activity, people will feel forced to do that instead of whatever other activity they want to do. So no.

But it's a step in the right direction!
    I wasn't unhappy with how it was, so I'm not fussed but for those who were u happy, SURELY this will be enough.....right?

It was needed as the raid droprates were the lowest they'd been since Vanilla. Both this & the VP change have come in a bit too late for anyone progressing the latter mythic bosses, but they'll be huge factors in smoothing out the gearing curve next tier.

It's good changes all the way this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It was needed as the raid droprates were the lowest they'd been since Vanilla. Both this & the VP change have come in a bit too late for anyone progressing the latter mythic bosses, but they'll be huge factors in smoothing out the gearing curve next tier.

It's good changes all the way this week.
    Yeah it's definitely going to be far more beneficial in future tiers. Hopefully it helps those who feel stranded or roadblocked by loot drops.

It's a good step in the right direction. Next thing to do is to make a better loot distribution in the next raid. Imagine you are a warri/rogue/monk and your weapon tokens drop at 2 bosses from the last 4 of a 10 boss raid. The first 3 should drop a basic weapon for everyone and the last 2 should also drop one for every class.
    Even better, add a boss that sits in like an armory and that dude only drops weapon tokens.
    I got my mythic itemlvl weapon from the vault with 7/10 down, while hunter as an example get theirs from huntsmen. The 2nd boss...
    Dying could endanger your health!

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Is a 33% increase enough for everyone? Is everyone happy now?

No mention of what degree the weapon drops have increased.

Is this enough to stop people feeling forced to do pvp?
    No, the drop rate is hardly the issue with raid vs pvp gear.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    No, the drop rate is hardly the issue with raid vs pvp gear.
    Well.....it is. If the DR in raid was 100% would you still be saying that?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly not, but that doesn't mean it's the cause of the issue. For instance, if you made pet battles drop gear that might fix the issue but that doesn't mean not getting gear from pet battles is the problem. The issue is more related to pvp gear (imo). Why is it such high ilvl for instanced content? Why not be pvp specific like it used to be? Being able to go back and farm the whole season's conquest and get a set of 200 ilvl gear is pretty appealing vs the possibility at even 5-10 pieces from raid in a week. Also, the trinkets are essentially stat sticks which is always favorable, and you can pretty much choose your secondaries.
    Last edited by xero5141; 2021-02-13 at 02:46 AM.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

I imagine the change has been on the calendar since before release.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear is BETTER than raid gear, even for many mythic raiders, not to mention heroic raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Now its down to RNG. Do I get it all? If not... FAIL SYSTEM

/ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-02-13 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    PvP gear is BETTER than raid gear, even for many mythic raiders, not to mention heroic raiders.
    Weird, looking at BiS lists, I'm confused by this answer. Could you provide some examples?

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, looking at BiS lists, I'm confused by this answer. Could you provide some examples?
    All PVP loot have versatility on them.

Versatility is the best stat for: ALL tanks, ALL monks, (ALL healers in m+), outlaw rogues, resto shamans, fire mages, havoc dh's.....did I forget someone?

The best stat stick trinkets come from PVP.

Then there's the ilvl discrepancy. Heroic raiding gives you a chance for 213 loot. 1800 rating in PVP gives 220 and you can PICK the loot.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Versatility is the best stat for: ALL tanks, ALL monks, (ALL healers in m+), outlaw rogues, resto shamans, fire mages, havoc dh's.....did I forget someone?

Then there's the ilvl discrepancy. Heroic raiding gives you a chance for 213 loot. 1800 rating in PVP gives 220 and you can PICK the loot.
    So just to be clear, you are not talking BiS right? Heroic raids? Why is your bis list so different to the sims and guides?

15+ Year Old Account
    So just to be clear, you are not talking BiS right? Heroic raids? Why is your bis list so different to the sims and guides?
    I don't know what BiS lists are you talking about. But the probable explanation is that they aren't including PVP gear in their PVE bis lists.

I don't know what BiS lists are you talking about. But the probable explanation is that they aren't including PVP gear in their PVE bis lists.
    Link one with pvp gear as the base.

Link one with pvp gear as the base.
    https://castle-nathria.subcreation.net/

A lot of classes top parses are using PvP trinkets. Pretty easy to glance through there.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26/

Also a pretty reoccurring theme here for trinkets.

Since you mention Bis lists, did you check that 1) those include pvp loot? 2) the list doesn't say "you should always sim yourself instead of trusting this list" or smth similar? I

There are several bis loots for my dh and mage from pvp.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-02-13 at 06:16 AM.

Vers absolutely is not the best stat for all of those classes and specs. You're only saying that because that's what the "guides" by the self proclaimed gods of the war craft community have fed you.