Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    I mean, little late, but whatever. At this point I'll take any bone they're willing to throw.

Not going to re sub because of this. There is so much heinous shit in Shadowlands, and so little worthwhile content that it will take a massive amount of fixes and patches before it's playable imo.

Now I could clear 30 bosses and get 1 item, instead of clearing 30 bosses and getting no item.
    Little late? We're not even in 9.0.5 yet bruh! WoD, Legion, BFA, and even MoP would take longer than SL in order to get shit like this right! HELL, BLIZZARD HASN'T GOTTEN LOOT RIGHT FOR 5-6 CONSECUTIVE YEARS!

"There is so much heinous shit in Shadowlands" What? What "shit"? The MAW? THE OPTIONAL AS FUCK MAW THAT'S BEING UPDATED THROUGHOUT THE EXPANSION? Torghast? You mean the thing you only go through for Legendary Soul Ash or for some cosmetic fun? Something that is optional and doesn't really hinder any true experience?

Renown? Something that you can get practically caught up on in about 2-3 days MAX? I went from 9-23 in terms of Renown after a fucking day. There's nothing bad about that whatsoever. Conduits? Something that's actually well balanced?

Or are you talking about the PVP? Yeah, some classes suck and should get tuned better, but that's it. Remember WoD, Legion, and BFA? PVP was horrible. And don't try to defend WoD PVP, because Ashran was the worst fucking thing ever.

Or are you talking about the lack of Tier Sets? Cause well...guess what Blizzard's doing, buddy!

Or are you talking about the open world? Well, you have the covenant Anima stuff, you have World Quests, you have M+ with Valor Points, WPVP (Which is actually fun again), and some other things I think I forgot to mention.

I'm sorry, but I'm so fucking happy to be playing SL rn, that I don't see your issues. Maybe it's opinionated, but after going through 3 horrible Expansions (Legion is not exempt from this, even tho I did like the story and some aspects of it), and after seeing a LOT of WoTLK, CLASSIC, and MoP vibes from this expansion, I'm just glad to be playing the game again.

- - - Updated - - -

"Now I could clear 30 bosses and get 1 item, instead of clearing 30 bosses and getting no item."

I don't think you get how this works. In a 20 man raid, 4 pieces of loot will drop from each boss. That's a great inbetween tbh. In a 30 boss raid with 4 pieces of loot from each boss (If we're counting 20 man raids), then you have 30 times 4, which is 120 pieces of loot. What's 120 divided by 20? 6. So, you'll likely get about 6 items in total if distribution numbers are correct. And if not (As not every raid difficulty caps at 20, etc), then maybe a little less.

But you'll definitely not get just 1 piece. Even I was blessed with like 1-2 pieces of gear throughout my Castle Nathria run. And that was with about 15 people before the added boost.

- - - Updated - - -

My math is probably wrong here, but I assume you'll likely get about 3-4 pieces MAX in Castle Nathria now. MAYBE 2, though that's it people aren't willing to trade you shit aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They keep crying until they get their mythic raid loot for world quests back. Shouldn't have given in. Raid loot was completely fine.
    You've not raided Castle Nathria then. I'm sorry, but this take is horrible. No one is asking for what you're saying. In fact, that was one of the reasons WoD sucked dick. As it was due to the fact that Garrisons made raiding worthless (Granted, it's not WQ's, but that's irrelevant).

I've done Castle Nathria MULTIPLES TIMES OVER throughout every week, and each time I get about 1-2 pieces of loot MAX. 2 is me getting LUCKY with the droprates, aswell.

This change was sorely needed. Idk how you could suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Apparently every raider asked for this based on responses here.

Not my ass. I DEFINITELY didn't ask for this crap, and yes I am a full on mythic raider and I do mythic +'s. My highest so far has been a 14. I didn't want this garbage system of loot dispersion.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Better late than never, I suppose. Hope I can raid the next tier...
    To be honest the next tier is probably still 2.5-3 months away. You have time to raid Nathria.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Not my ass. I DEFINITELY didn't ask for this crap, and yes I am a full on mythic raider and I do mythic +'s. My highest so far has been a 14. I didn't want this garbage system of loot dispersion.
    That's why I said "based on responses here". It was more or less sarcasm based on how the forums always say "EVERYBODY WANTS THIS OR THAT" without realizing they may be in the minority which somehow means 100% everyone.

I should be happy I guess?
    I did have one plate chest drop for me in the last 3 weeks of our hc raid. I did not need that chest piece as well.
    Then this week I got a ring from sire. I am pretty unlucky with items. Not that I am whining though.
    I was doing fine without it, with this it should be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely needed. The drop rate shouldn't have been nerfed to begin with. This puts drop rates back on par with prior expansions.

I don't expect loot to rain from the sky and be in full BiS in a few weeks, but raiding needs to feel rewarding for people to keep doing it after the first clear. I have always been a person who just sees loot as a means to an end -- better gear to kill bigger baddies -- but it is fucking depressing getting, like, one drop a month. It doesn't feel like character progression (either individually or as a group) and it doesn't feel like we're collectively getting more powerful to face stronger challenges.

I've been raiding Nathria since it opened on two characters, and one is wearing three pieces of dropped raid loot (two are still from normal), and the other just two. In my alliance raid, we sharded the first piece of raid loot last week because everyone still needs most slots replaced. It's been a little absurd.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

1/5 is a good compromise.

Still should be 5 pieces, but I understand the Weekly Vault is getting in the way of that.
    Ironic that loot is supposed to be more meaningful when you can get a 220+ ilvl gear every week for almost no effort, ESPECIALLY if you already have like a 220 ilvl, then pounding out 14+ is faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Now they have sorted out the raiders and mythic dungeons players hopefully they can do something for the other 90 percent of the wow population the part that actually matters.
    The 90% of players that don't raid, mythic, or pvp. Meaning they are basically not playing the game at all?

I don't like that it only says Castle Nathria and not for future raids. Just going to go back to issues with loot again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now they have sorted out the raiders and mythic dungeons players hopefully they can do something for the other 90 percent of the wow population the part that actually matters.
    are u talking about these Market Simulation players or just the uber casual who only farms mats anyway? ya Blizz should rly do something so they can get better/more loot ... wtf are u smoking ? and don't tell me you talk about PvP which already has the highest ilvl available besides weekly vault

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    Blizzard need to ask themselves how many times a player should clear a raid before becoming fully geared.

Because honestly, I'm bored with raids after my 5th clear on heroic.
    We have a priest in our raid who doesn't do any m+ or pvp. After more than 60 heroic boss kills she is still running around with 5 items 200 ilvl. And that is with six players of the same armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Those people don't have a loot issue. If you don't do dungeons or raid (even LFR) you can get a ton of 197 gear via the covenant campaign. If you'e willing to PVP a bit, you can fill in the rest. If not, wait for the "do 4 mythics and get a heroic CN piece" weekly quest and similar things. Get enough 197 gear and WQs will drip 184 or above.

So, you're all fine.
    30 ilevel below other people after a squish -> you're fine. Lol. In a scaling world, and just after a botched squish so you can't even do 2 expansion old stuff. The mind numbing ignorance honestly hurts.

On topic: I'm happy for everyone that wanted this.
    After the track record of shitty ideas from the devs since Legion, I can't wait for their next "what if we did this" moment. It'll be glorious.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-13 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    The 90% of players that don't raid, mythic, or pvp. Meaning they are basically not playing the game at all?
    Wow needs no paths to play yes those 3 things won't cut it anymore for us.

So if only 10% of the population does raids and mythic dungeons... What is that 90% of the population doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It doesn't matter what other people want it for. People having 226 gear has zero effect on your game and its gameplay. If anything it makes things better since you know people will have higher level gear, giving more people in a queue for activities and such.
    The existence of people like that in a queue means the minimum ilvl people expect for lfg activities is increased to compensate for them, so not sure about it not affecting anyone else's gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    But nobody is asking for more ilvl or mythic raid loot from WQ?
    Except they are in other threads. Someone literally said they see no issue with getting heroic raid lvl items from WQ. You give an inch, they'll try to take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    We have a priest in our raid who doesn't do any m+ or pvp. After more than 60 heroic boss kills she is still running around with 5 items 200 ilvl. And that is with six players of the same armor class.
    16 total kills on Normal and Heroic combined and I have yet to see the Lady Inerva drop a ring or Xy'Mox drop the Glyph of Assimilation trinket.

I want to know what the actual loot per boss in a raid was prior to this. I mean assuming the 33% is right and the 2 and 4 aren't rounded down numbers, the original values were 1.5 and 3 for 10 and 20 man which basically means 1 extra piece per boss in those sizes. That also means that the original numbers were NOT the far off from WotLK values where it was 2 per 10(where 10 man drops were crap compared to 25 anyway) and 4 per 25.