Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Raid loot has been objectively, numerically, much more scarce than in any of the recent expansions and it was very impactful. That's not an issue that affects mythic raids only, but also the more casual normal/heroic difficulties which most regular players are doing.
    It was a change the majority wanted coming from BFA. You see it as an issue, I do not. I like the fact my upgrade is worth enchanting because it won't be replaced 30 seconds later. Loot was absolutely fine.

Those at Blizzard are such incompetent douchebags. They really don't have a clue about what they're doing. Lots of loot, little loot, make up your mind!
    It seems like they just started developing the game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    It was a change the majority wanted coming from BFA. You see it as an issue, I do not. I like the fact my upgrade is worth enchanting because it won't be replaced 30 seconds later. Loot was absolutely fine.
    I'd say there has to be a middle ground. Loot in Legion and BfA was way too much, yes. But loot (especially in Raids) in SL was somewhat frustrating. I really don't want that classic/tbc gearing back, where you get 1 item every 3-4 weeks...

Ain't coming back for that very slim change. Good try tho and a decent STARTING POINT, but you sure as hell didn't resolve shit with that little loot buff. Hit me again!

Loot was definitely not fine. Theres a difference between upgrading "every 30 seconds" and not getting loot for an entire month because it just never dropped. Nothing feels good about spending all your time raiding for zero reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Well random bgs are a mess because people with 220+ gear are in them just destroying everybody with little chance to even fight back. As someone who doesn't group at all, I'm stuck at ilvl 200 with no way of going any higher. I get killed by rogues with 220 gear with zero chance of fighting back. Last expansion, as long as you kept playing, you'd eventually get heroic level gear from pvping by capping conquest each week (this took several months, but it was there), or even doing world quests enough you could maybe wf/tf a few pieces to raid levels. So Blizzard changed the game on me, I didn't change how I play, and they made it much less fun for anybody like me.
    The ilvl squish definitely made the discrepancy between 200 and 220 way too huge — and its noticeable in BGs because you’ll see the 226 glad gear people just rolling with 2-4x the next highest dps lol

Even simming is huge difference between the 2– where a 200 has no chance of even competing vs a 226, even if the 200 played perfectly and the 226 plays horribly.

It’s never felt that big at the start of an expansion. I can’t imagine how bad it’ll be the final patch for a fresh 60 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arklain View Post
    Loot was definitely not fine. Theres a difference between upgrading "every 30 seconds" and not getting loot for an entire month because it just never dropped. Nothing feels good about spending all your time raiding for zero reward.
    stop being hyperbolic. You are all but guaranteed an upgrade each week if you put the effort in, and that's before you count raid drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echorausch View Post
    I'd say there has to be a middle ground. Loot in Legion and BfA was way too much, yes. But loot (especially in Raids) in SL was somewhat frustrating. I really don't want that classic/tbc gearing back, where you get 1 item every 3-4 weeks...
    again the hyperbole. So you have had max 3 upgrades all expansion? still in 9 pieces of BFA loot?

again the hyperbole. So you have had max 3 upgrades all expansion? still in 9 pieces of BFA loot?
    Complains about hyperbole, continues to argue with hyperbole. Some people. LOL

Very good changes. Not too much which is good, but enough for it to feel less scarce across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Complains about hyperbole, continues to argue with hyperbole. Some people. LOL
    They are stating they get 1 upgrade every 3-4 weeks. Game has been out 3-4 months. That means they get 3-4 upgrades. It's called using their logic against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Kara/ZA dropped 2-3 pieces for 10 people iirc. Mythic currently drops 3 for 20. TBC 25 mans even had a higher loot per boss ratio than what we currently have right now. On top of that, TBC had much better crafted gear & badge gear.

This change was needed.
    Was 2 in most of Karazhan, 5 in 25 man raids iirc. So, 1 per 5! This is now in line with that. With mythic+ as well together with the changes there. Better crafted gear? Legendaries are better than all those from TBC. Badge gear was merely catch up except very few pieces. TBC is my favorite expansion, but no way it took faster to gear up lol.

This will bring SL behind Legion and BfA still, but more loot than other expansions since we also have The Great Vault.

Good changes by blizzard. I am happy with the compromise.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-02-13 at 09:48 AM.

Oh how gracious of them to finally rescind their asinine change from 2 months ago. /goldclap
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah great change.. even though it should've never been like that in the first place.

But adding/changing things that were once the norm is what Blizzard does and we should be grateful right?

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Those at Blizzard are such incompetent douchebags. They really don't have a clue about what they're doing. Lots of loot, little loot, make up your mind!
    It seems like they just started developing the game yesterday.
    This is all part of the plan.
    Step 1: Make shit scarce in the beginning.
    Step 2: Milk interaction until the breaking point.
    Step 3: Announce changes when most people are fed up.
    Step 4: Renew some interest.
    Step 5: Repeat from Step 1 with the next content update.

This stuff is so obvious and transparent by now, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Shame I quit last week. 2-3 months of no loot and last talent tier row being locked behind covenants gave me more than enough of Shadowlands experience (if not quarantine I'd have quit first month), now we wait for next expansion and how blizzard will make a game unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Shame I quit last week. 2-3 months of no loot and last talent tier row being locked behind covenants gave me more than enough of Shadowlands experience (if not quarantine I'd have quit first month), now we wait for next expansion and how blizzard will make a game unfun.
    If I was unsubbed I wouldn't come back until a month into 9.1, that way I could see how the fixes are. See what comments are here, to get a feel for how it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Too late - no1 want progress raid anymore. Every1 was forced to do M+.
    That is a weird way to spell PvP.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They keep crying until they get their mythic raid loot for world quests back. Shouldn't have given in. Raid loot was completely fine.
    Well, are you a mythic raider? Because surely none of mythic raiders think that it is fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Classic/vanilla/TBC says hi, most bosses drop 2-3 items for 25-40 people.

You've clearly started playing when the game started spoiling players in MOP
    And it dropped badges, and you had MORE RAIDS available at the start. And you could craft epic items.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Classic/vanilla/TBC says hi, most bosses drop 2-3 items for 25-40 people.

You've clearly started playing when the game started spoiling players in MOP
    Well, excuse me for not comparing today's raid and loot systems to some ancient shit from 15 years ago.

You can clearly see based on people's reaction everywhere that this is not what the majority people wanted. Or maybe they did think they wanted it, and unfortunately Blizzard listened. It turned out that it was just a fad started by the very vocal minority.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Who cares atm?