10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    i mean in real life, the way you're seen if you voice any like for Trump's policies or the GOP is crazy. You're shunned by the greater bulk of society.
    And people judge you for supporting Mao and Stalin too, go figure.
    /s

lol at LG, hes clearly up to some ratfucking witness scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol at LG, hes clearly up to some ratfucking witness scheme.
    Might as well lol at Lady G because the entire Senate was literally just lol'ing at van der Veen for suggesting that all witnesses should be deposed at his office in Philadelphia.

van der Veen insisting that the depositions must happen in person was hysterical. You can't get much more transparent about how afraid these guys are of people hearing this stuff, and how much they want to slow the process down.

Bill Clinton gave his testimony over the 90s equivalent of Zoom. I'm pretty sure people much less important than the president can go ahead and do the same. I look forward to so many Republican tears.

What are the odds on Miss Lindsey's first witness request being Hunter Biden?

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, if you add to it the fact that Biden has an impeachment filed by MTG, days into his presidency... it might not be completely meaningless, but it has a lot less meaning than intended.

That’s something to keep in mind during this shit... Biden has impeachment paperwork filed against him... as GOP claims this is just a political circus... Biden had impeachment filed within days...
    Sounds like more of the “it’s okay for one side, but not the other” rhetoric we have been hearing for the last 12 years
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

So, can we all have a minute of silent horror for the fact that Trump's defense team argues that this impeachment process should stop because he is no longer president?
    I hope the guy realizes (even if he wont admit it) that he essentially argues that a president can, following this standard, get away with LITERALLY anything if he does it say... 10 minutes before his successor is sworn in... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Sounds like more of the “it’s okay for one side, but not the other” rhetoric we have been hearing for the last 12 years
    Yeah crazy how Republicans have been so hypocritical like that, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Maybe, but they should have to do the process anyway. If we don't do a thing at all because we think Republicans will never do the right thing, they will never do the right thing because we have made it that way. "You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott” yadda yadda.
    The Chamber of Commerce is starting to spend money on democrats. Republicans howled about how upset they are, but the Chamber is getting their money's worth. One of the Senators from Arizona (I forget the name) said point blank that she will vote against a 15 an hour minimum wage increase, and there is talk that funding the money for anything that democrats pass through reconciliation will come from Medicare.

Basically, republicans plus a few democrats will prevent Biden from passing anything at all. This is reality. The best democrats can do is force votes in an attempt to use these votes to help them in 2022.

So this impeachment is all that is left for the Senate to do between now and January of 2022. Oh they have to pass the annual budget bills and such, but nothing else of import is going to happen. Republicans plus moderate democrats are enough to sink anything that Biden might want to pass. So taking time on this is actually something useful that the Senate can do in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So, can we all have a minute of silent horror for the fact that Trump's defense team argues that this impeachment process should stop because he is no longer president?
    I hope the guy realizes (even if he wont admit it) that he essentially argues that a president can, following this standard, get away with LITERALLY anything if he does it say... 10 minutes before his successor is sworn in... right?
    Pretty much all of their arguments were horrifying. Yesterday, van der Veen argued that politicians should actually be held to lower standards than the rest of us. Well, technically he caught himself and corrected "lower" to "different," but then went on to define "different" as lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I know, right? It's funny how Trump supporters are trying the "both sides do it" now that they've been caught supporting a murderous insurrection.

Trumpers 2020: Gina Carano is a Mary Sue and a horrible actress.

Trumpers 2021: Gina is a great actress and cancel culture is out of control #CancelDisneyplus
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I know, right? It's funny how Trump supporters are trying the "both sides do it" now that they've been caught supporting a murderous insurrection.
    Pure desperation to avoid the fact they are going down in history as supporters of terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trumpers 2020: Gina Carano is a Mary Sue and a horrible actress.

Trumpers 2021: Gina is a great actress and cancel culture is out of control #CancelDisneyplus
    "She was fired for her conservative views!"

To which the question is: which conservative views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    "She was fired for her conservative views!"

To which the question is: which conservative views.
    Which include, in case anyone missed it, "Epstein didn't kill himself".

Of course the main tweet was the one about "the government made them hate their neighbors for being Jews" and, um, kind of forgot Trump was the one pushing hatred by both race and religion -- see also "Muslim ban" and "they're rapists".

Very disappointed in democrats.

The congress woman making her statement directly to the Senate would have been game changing. That clip would have gone into history.

As a statement read into record, it will be ignored. Guarantee most conservatives won't even know what was in the statement.

Democrats always fail at messaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You misspelled Phillydelphia.
    Here is the video of the Senate laughing at Trump's lawyer.

Possibly for said pronunciation, possibly for being Trump's lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Here is the video of the Senate laughing at Trump's lawyer.

Possibly for said pronunciation, possibly for being Trump's lawyer.
    Its option 4: Both of the above, and the fact that the lawyer makes such a laughable demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Its option 4: Both of the above, and the fact that the lawyer makes such a laughable demand.
    Well, I understand what he is saying. Typically in a case, witnesses are interviewed by the prosecution and defense, and then testimony is presented as evidence. These witnesses are then called to present their evidence in the form of answering questions in front of the jury, in this case being the full senate. He just looks like a fucking buffoon tapping the podium every word and mispronouncing where he even has his office. I'm quite sure the senate (who is like 99% lawyers to begin with) knows how depositions work.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    At least Democrats had real reasons to impeach Trump this time and last. What reasons do MTG, the known conspiracy theorist, have to impeach Biden that haven't already been debunked?