Poll: Do you think the Alliance and the Horde can ever forgive each other for past crimes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    your problem is you are looking at events that happened in bfa as if they matter. nothing in wow carries between expansions except the broadest strokes of the story.

bfa's story is: the alliance and horde had one last war, then learned to stop fighting and the horde is good now. only sylvanas is bad.

none of the rest of this matters. blizzard doesnt give a shit and its crazy that you morons still debate this every day of your lives. no one at blizzard cares about the specific grievances of the zandalari trolls or orcs or night elves.

as of shadowlands faction war is literally gone from the game but because you people became so emotionally invested in pretend races in a badly written mmorpg you cant detach yourselves from your roleplaying mindset that the war is unfinished. faction war ended bro. no one cares anymore. what you think thrall jaina anduin and baine come back from this and start fighting again?

no one gives a shit about the sunreavers or teldrassil. those things were just done in the moment to get emotional responses from simpletons and if they are later referred to its only to help push the story along the avenue blizzard wants it to go down. now that blizzard is aiming for faction peace you will never hear about the purge of dalaran again in your lives no matter how much cringeworthy blood elf neo nazi rpers want to "avenge" it.

faction merge is inevitable and has been since bfa began. bfa and shadowlands have been a 2 part lead in to it. every current character is pro peace. including all of the ones left behind on azeroth. tyrande started this expansion standing around with all the horde leaders, only cares about sylvanas, and they edited out the part where she yelled at calia. its widely accepted shes either gonna die or get the vengeance sucked out of her in the shadowlands. you are a moron if you think faction war is coming back. blizzard has meticulously removed or reprogammed every character who was willing to fight it.

anyway obviously the answer to the title is no. they couldnt because the horde has done some wild ass shit that's up there with the worst real world war crimes of history. however they will because blizzard have decided faction merge is coming.

so you had all better suck it up lol. or you can spend the next 3 years of your lives deluding yourselves that lor'themar is gonna fight the alliance or turalyon is a meme light nazi flying in the face of literally every moment of characterization he's been given since his return. even when it happens you can keep on whining that the tauren should never forgive taurajo but blizzard's decision has been made and you are just the regurgitating the leftovers of their bfa marketing push which they have forgotten and abandoned long ago.
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering Anduin has pretty much all but said "I forgive you Sylvanas" I guess so. He lost his Father thanks to her and the Jailer...and he has pretty much already forgiven her. Many of the Men and Women who fought in his name and for the Alliance died because of her and he has pretty much already forgiven her

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Only solution is to go full Rumbling on the Horde.
    more like Tyrande should do Rumbling on the rest of Azeroth; Gilneans, High Elves, Draenei, and all of the rest of the Alliance included with her Mountain Giants

- - - Updated - - -

friendly reminder the Alliance is yet to be held accountable for the Stonespire genocide, the Goblin ship massacre, the biological terrorism of the sacred Zandalari dinosaurs and the civilian massacre in Dazar'alor
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    more like Tyrande should do Rumbling on the rest of Azeroth; Gilneans, High Elves, Draenei, and all of the rest of the Alliance included with her Mountain Giants

- - - Updated - - -

friendly reminder the Alliance is yet to be held accountable for the Stonespire genocide, the Goblin ship massacre, the biological terrorism of the sacred Zandalari dinosaurs and the civilian massacre in Dazar'alor
    All responsible for Stonespire are dead by the time of Cata and their base got blown up.

Ship was retconned later plus all those captains and even crewmates who attacked them are dead by the end of goblin starting zone quests.

Dinosaur bones void’ifying is not a crime and horde did far worse even back in Classic with poisoning of still living animals, druids and even Heart of the Forest or whatever that thing was called to cause a bio-catastrophe.

And really now? There was no “massacre”. Civilians taking up weapons against invading force are called Militias and horde killed actually unarmed civilians in Brennadam and other Alliance settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    For that to be possible they need to change the leaders... new generations makes it easier to look past since most people don't punish others for their parents sins. This also requires time however.

Personally I'm not for the unifaction or peace forever solution... It's better if it goes up and down.
    Changing the leaders doesn't change the feelings of the people, though.

Those Kaldorei orphans mentioned in the bit from Tyrande, they won't suddenly have parents again, or forgive their loss just because there are different figureheads leading one (or both) of the factions.

Sure, it will all be casually brushed aside when the next "We can't beat it alone!"-threat comes up, but after the events of BfA, peace doesn't make a lick of sense anymore, but then again, neither does endless war, considering the threats Azeroth faces, Blizz painted themselves into a corner with their "Let's stir up some faction rage"-schtick in BfA-prepatch, whichever way they go, the story about the factions will never make any sense anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Changing the leaders doesn't change the feelings of the people, though.

Those Kaldorei orphans mentioned in the bit from Tyrande, they won't suddenly have parents again, or forgive their loss just because there are different figureheads leading one (or both) of the factions.

Sure, it will all be casually brushed aside when the next "We can't beat it alone!"-threat comes up, but after the events of BfA, peace doesn't make a lick of sense anymore, but then again, neither does endless war, considering the threats Azeroth faces, Blizz painted themselves into a corner with their "Let's stir up some faction rage"-schtick in BfA-prepatch, whichever way they go, the story about the factions will never make any sense anymore...
    except people tend to not punish offspring for their parents doings... as I said it requires a generation shift. Same as no one hate germany anymore for what atrocities they made because it's generation shift and it's not the same people who once did the bad deeds.

So yes, people absolutely forgive, unless you are bigoted and blame people of an entire race or nationality for something they personally didn't decide to do or partake in.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Forgiveness between the factions has already officially and legally happened. The Alliance fanboys are just mad because they got cucked out of a revenge fantasy that was never going to happen, and will never happen. They'll get over it in due time.

"Rumbling the Horde" lol. Delusions never cease.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn if the Forsaken dirty my beautiful forest home with their filth, boy I'll!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Umm, yes? I already did?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Forgiveness between the factions has already officially and legally happened. The Alliance fanboys are just mad because they got cucked out of a revenge fantasy that was never going to happen, and will never happen. They'll get over it in due time.

"Rumbling the Horde" lol. Delusions never cease.
    So... you think that being constantly cucked in an MMO that costs 15 bucks per month and 60 (?) bucks per expansion is norm for one faction?

Then you are the delusional one. The fact Blizz are so complacent and biased about the state of the game does not make it any better, its just their lack of self awareness and "no negativity in the dojo" rule aka the Ivory Tower principle.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    your problem is you are looking at events that happened in bfa as if they matter. nothing in wow carries between expansions except the broadest strokes of the story.

bfa's story is: the alliance and horde had one last war, then learned to stop fighting and the horde is good now. only sylvanas is bad.

none of the rest of this matters. blizzard doesnt give a shit and its crazy that you morons still debate this every day of your lives. no one at blizzard cares about the specific grievances of the zandalari trolls or orcs or night elves.

as of shadowlands faction war is literally gone from the game but because you people became so emotionally invested in pretend races in a badly written mmorpg you cant detach yourselves from your roleplaying mindset that the war is unfinished. faction war ended bro. no one cares anymore. what you think thrall jaina anduin and baine come back from this and start fighting again?

no one gives a shit about the sunreavers or teldrassil. those things were just done in the moment to get emotional responses from simpletons and if they are later referred to its only to help push the story along the avenue blizzard wants it to go down. now that blizzard is aiming for faction peace you will never hear about the purge of dalaran again in your lives no matter how much cringeworthy blood elf neo nazi rpers want to "avenge" it.

faction merge is inevitable and has been since bfa began.
    Now see, this guy gets it, expect for the bolded part. Blizz is never going to merge the factions, they'd rather shut down the game forever then do that. And they've already laid the groundwork to for the Horde to start the next war in the expansion after Shadowlands with Gey'arah's grudge against the Draenei and Talanji's grudge against Kul'Tiras.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-02-13 at 05:05 PM. Reason: formatting

except people tend to not punish offspring for their parents doings... as I said it requires a generation shift. Same as no one hate germany anymore for what atrocities they made because it's generation shift and it's not the same people who once did the bad deeds.

So yes, people absolutely forgive, unless you are bigoted and blame people of an entire race or nationality for something they personally didn't decide to do or partake in.
    Germany got forgiven after a very long and oppressive occupation under which they were forcefully "sanitized" of nazism. Plus they were defeated and conquered which tends to cool down even the hottest heads since you essentially beating someone who is already down which never looks good for general population.

After BfA none of that happened, they just replaced one dictator with a Council of people who stood aside and did nothing till the very end, content to watch the world burn and races die as long as that wasnt hurting them directly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    All responsible for Stonespire are dead by the time of Cata and their base got blown up.

Ship was retconned later plus all those captains and even crewmates who attacked them are dead by the end of goblin starting zone quests.

Dinosaur bones void’ifying is not a crime and horde did far worse even back in Classic with poisoning of still living animals, druids and even Heart of the Forest or whatever that thing was called to cause a bio-catastrophe.

And really now? There was no “massacre”. Civilians taking up weapons against invading force are called Militias and horde killed actually unarmed civilians in Brennadam and other Alliance settlements.
    I mean yeah it's not a matter of who did it worse but the fact remains that forgiveness is extremely hard to get between both factions

Also I thought Varian himself handpicked Twinbraid to help lead in MoP?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

At this point I just want them to stay opposed to spite all the ninnies crying for cross faction grouping since 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Now see, this guy gets it, expect for the bolded part. Blizz is never going to merge the factions, they'd rather shut down the game forever then do that. And they've already laid the groundwork to for the Horde to start the next war in the expansion after Shadowlands with Gey'arah's grudge against the Draenei and Talanji's grudge against Kul'Tiras.
    I agree with no faction merge, the one thing that makes WoW unique is factions. Though I'd like a separate faction for Sylvanas Loyalists and Army of the Black Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean yeah it's not a matter of who did it worse but the fact remains that forgiveness is extremely hard to get between both factions

Also I thought Varian himself handpicked Twinbraid to help lead in MoP?
    The OTHER Twinbraid. It was the dad of the guy who attacked tauren and as far as i recall his kid got blown up which he mentions when he sends us to go smack some goblins around.

10+ Year Old Account

Uhm, that's not correct. As a German I can tell you that a lot of people not only hate the children but the childrens children for what happened. Can't tell how often I've been called a Nazi and got attacked in international Chats, Forums or the Bnet when people found out I was German.
    Especially a lot of east European people hold a deep grudge in that regard.
    Some events in history are so scaring to cultures that they surpass generations to come and Teldrassil would be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Uhm, that's not correct. As a German I can tell you that a lot of people not only hate the children but the childrens children for what happened. Can't tell how often I've been called a Nazi and got attacked in international Chats, Forums or the Bnet when people found out I was German.
    Especially a lot of east European people hold a deep grudge in that regard.
    Some events in history are so scaring to cultures that they surpass generations to come and Teldrassil would be one of them.
    I am not one of those but i have to agree some people in Russia really hold a grudge against germans, not a "deathly" one but they do call them nazis, fascists and so on, joking about "we can do it again" about Berlin and saying that it looked better with the wall in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance is too pig headed and narrow minded to see any flaws they have done and apologize to anyone who is "beneath" them.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

A “Generation shift” takes a long time when it involves a race of people who can live past 1000 years (Even without the dragon aspects’ blessing), and a repeated (Repeated ad nauseam, no less) history of just going back to their murderous ways again makes the whole “We’re oh so sorry for what we did”-routine a bit tough to believe.